• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon 25th anniversary ideas

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So true. Min Min really threw that “rule” so far out of the window that it flew past the atmosphere and is now drifting around lost in space!
Except it only applies to Spirits in the base game. Post-game Spirits are still deconfirmations, at least until we get a 3rd Fighter Pass.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate isn't a fan made game.
That wasn't what I was talking about. I was meaning about the Pokemon Platinum fan game that someone mentioned and others were talking about.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Except it only applies to Spirits in the base game. Post-game Spirits are still deconfirmations, at least until we get a 3rd Fighter Pass.
There's nothing that states that though. While I don't think we'll necessarily see an Astral Chain or Resident Evil rep, I wouldn't really put it pass the Pokemon franchise to get in a Sword/Shield rep. Perhaps we won't see a Gen 8 Pokemon rep, but these rules are kind of made up anyway.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I fail to see how you got that from their post. They simply said not everyone plays fan games. Don’t think they need to hear about other people’s expectations when they simply express their wants.

"Are DP remakes necessary? Yes" is what I was focusing on. There are many things I'd like to see, but that doesn't mean they have to do it.

No, they are not deconfirmations. As many people have said, Min Min throws that argument out the window. And I'm going to quote myself since I don't want to repeat what I've already said earlier...

I don't think it really means anything. There's no set rules of what they do and don't do. Besides, Min Min already proves the "if the character is a spirit=deconfirmed" thing isn't a good argument. You can have your opinions, but please try not to force them onto others. If you think it's not happening, that's fine, but I personally think a Gen 8 Pokemon for Smash is highly likely regardless of Spirits or whatever. In the end, this is all speculation and people here are just thinking what they could do since nothing is confirmed, so please don't act like you already know what's going to happen.

But what they have confirmed is that a 3rd Fighter pass is not happening. So the last 3 characters will be the last ones, unless they change their minds, but I doubt that.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
"Are DP remakes necessary? Yes" is what I was focusing on. There are many things I'd like to see, but that doesn't mean they have to do it.
Still don’t think you need to tell them about how the fanbase needs to keep their expectations in check especially since people are going to feel that way regardless.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
TPC partnering with World Wildlife Fund. WWF helps protect endangered animals, and many Pokemon are based on animals.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
TPC partnering with World Wildlife Fund. WWF helps protect endangered animals, and many Pokemon are based on animals.

That honestly seems like something that they would've done decades ago if they really cared about wildlife conservation, yet I can't remember Game Freak or Nintendo ever supporting causes such as that. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but I don't think they care very much about charitable work in general.

Rune Knight

Don't think that Sakurai would go this far, but in my head-canon it would be fun to see new pokeball pokemon along with a pokemon related fighter / stage.

Like maybe if the stage is based on a location on Galar there could be new mons like Rookiedee and Scorbunny (if Cindarace isn't the fighter), and Eternatus as a masterball pokemon.

Don't think it's ever been done, but you know, it's fun to ponderize.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think that DP remakes is a very good way to celebrate this anniversary.
I think so too and a lot of evidence in the CT seems to point to remakes of DP with the odd absence of the Sinnoh fossils and Chingling being absent despite the item used to hatch one has been in the base game since SwSh were released. And a majority of the missing Pokémon from the Hoenn and Johto Dexes have a connection to Sinnoh with the Pokémon being natively found in the region with a couple even being more common there 5han their native regions.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that DP remakes is a very good way to celebrate this anniversary.
I don't because it would ignore the legacy and importance of all the other gens. I believe that said remakes are coming out in 2022 anyways because of coronavirus.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
A few things that I think might happen outside of the already announced things.
Non-spin off game. I'm expecting it, but there is a chance it might not happen. I'd personally rather have something unique rather than Sinnoh remakes, but I won't complain regardless of what happens.
I actually do want Sinnoh remakes, but I would be happy with something else, also. I'm less a fan of the spin-offs these days, which means I'm going to pass on New Pokemon Snap, Sleep, and, Unite when they come out so some kind of mainline game would be awesome. There was a rumor floating around a few months back that was quickly and HEAVILY debunked about a Pokemon collection featuring the first 5 gens on the Switch (Emulated, not remade). I really do like Sinnoh, Platinum was my favorite game until Black/White 2 bumped it down to second place, so I kinda wish that rumor was real, lol.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I disagree that D/P remakes are a good way to celebrate the 25th anniversary. Aren't we supposed to be celebrating all regions, not just Sinnoh?

In my opinion, Sinnoh remakes will need something very special to justify their existence, anniversary or not, as all the Gen 4 legendaries are already available in the Crown Tundra, so why do we need to get them again?

I know I'm going to get replies like "oh, these Pokemon are missing, so we need remakes to get them back". Not necessarily. They could always pull a Galarian Slowpoke and add Pokemon through a free update. It's unlikely I think, but very well possible.

I'm not going to quote people this time, as I'll just be accused of "no one needs to hear your opinion" again, so I'm doing a separate post. I'm probably going to be losing friends anyway because I'd rather have something else other than Sinnoh remakes. That said, I don't want Gen 9 to happen now either because it'll just feel rushed as SwSh has only just passed the one year mark.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I disagree that D/P remakes are a good way to celebrate the 25th anniversary. Aren't we supposed to be celebrating all regions, not just Sinnoh?

In my opinion, Sinnoh remakes will need something very special to justify their existence, anniversary or not, as all the Gen 4 legendaries are already available in the Crown Tundra, so why do we need to get them again?

I know I'm going to get replies like "oh, these Pokemon are missing, so we need remakes to get them back". Not necessarily. They could always pull a Galarian Slowpoke and add Pokemon through a free update. It's unlikely I think, but very well possible.

I'm not going to quote people this time, as I'll just be accused of "no one needs to hear your opinion" again, so I'm doing a separate post. I'm probably going to be losing friends anyway because I'd rather have something else other than Sinnoh remakes. That said, I don't want Gen 9 to happen now either because it'll just feel rushed as SwSh has only just passed the one year mark.
Well if u think that they r going to make a game thich will feature ALL regions.. u better not make hopes for that.
and in my opinion, DP are a splendid way to celebrate the anniversary because so many fans want this game.
And reviving an old game is indeed a celebration for alot of Pokemon fans, including me.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well if u think that they r going to make a game thich will feature ALL regions.. u better not make hopes for that.
and in my opinion, DP are a splendid way to celebrate the anniversary because so many fans want this game.
And reviving an old game is indeed a celebration for alot of Pokemon fans, including me.
It's a problem that can be solved with a new gen.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It's a problem that can be solved with a new gen.
The Pokemon anniversary is this year so if they want to celebrate it they need to release a game this year.
and I dont see them releasing a new gen this year. Its too soon...
Idk why ur so against the idea of DP remakes being released this year. Is it guranteed ? No. Is it likely it does released this year ? YES.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly

No, I wasn't talking about a game with all regions. I know full well that's not feasible, and the Johto games kinda prove that by themselves. I was talking about there being a better way to celebrate the 25th anniversary, as I think there has to be a better way to do it than a trip back to Sinnoh.

And like I said earlier, I don't agree with you. I disagree with remakes are a splendid way to celebrate the anniversary. And I'm not going to repeat myself as I've already explained why I'd rather not have remakes as the 25th anniversary games.

I can say the same thing about remakes too. Don't get your hopes up for it, or you're going to be disappointed should it not happen.

The Pokemon anniversary is this year so if they want to celebrate it they need to release a game this year.
and I dont see them releasing a new gen this year. Its too soon...
Idk why ur so against the idea of DP remakes being released this year. Is it guranteed ? No. Is it likely it does released this year ? YES.

Also, not everyone wants Sinnoh remakes. I feel like at this point you can't say you don't want them without someone else saying "But I want them, so why don't you?". And for all we know, there might not be a game this year at all, but I don't think that's likely.

SoHowAreYou

I don't because it would ignore the legacy and importance of all the other gens. I believe that said remakes are coming out in 2022 anyways because of coronavirus.

I doubt it, the plan was likely for a new mainline game to release this year, maybe a DLC for Sword and Shield instead, and unless someone can show me something that explicitly says Gamefreak was not working on a new game for at least a year or two, that's probably still their plan. Like earlier in the thread someone said 2025 for the next game which unless the pre-Corona plan was to release in 2024 is likely wrong. I don't think a year of Coronavirus equals a year of work stoppage, I'm sure Gamefreak adopted remote work. It would have slowed work, but I find it hard to believe that it stopped it considering other game companies are still releasing games. I guess it might take until 2022 to release the next mainline title, but more likely it was in some stage of development for the last 2 or 3 years, and instead of delays they would rather rush to complete what they can and release an inferior product, rather than not make truckloads of money this year. Keep in mind if they delay a game by a year, then they have to delay the next project by a year, which will lead to more delays, and the truckloads of money would still come in a year late. Basically whatever the plan was at the start of 2020 before Coronavirus arrived in Japan is still the plan, unless Gamefreak are truly incompetent or they suddenly developed a deep and enduring desire to release the highest quality game possible, which given how rushed Sword and Shield feel is probably not the case.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I doubt it, the plan was likely for a new mainline game to release this year, maybe a DLC for Sword and Shield instead, and unless someone can show me something that explicitly says Gamefreak was not working on a new game for at least a year or two, that's probably still their plan. Like earlier in the thread someone said 2025 for the next game which unless the pre-Corona plan was to release in 2024 is likely wrong. I don't think a year of Coronavirus equals a year of work stoppage, I'm sure Gamefreak adopted remote work. It would have slowed work, but I find it hard to believe that it stopped it considering other game companies are still releasing games. I guess it might take until 2022 to release the next mainline title, but more likely it was in some stage of development for the last 2 or 3 years, and instead of delays they would rather rush to complete what they can and release an inferior product, rather than not make truckloads of money this year. Keep in mind if they delay a game by a year, then they have to delay the next project by a year, which will lead to more delays, and the truckloads of money would still come in a year late. Basically whatever the plan was at the start of 2020 before Coronavirus arrived in Japan is still the plan, unless Gamefreak are truly incompetent or they suddenly developed a deep and enduring desire to release the highest quality game possible, which given how rushed Sword and Shield feel is probably not the case.
They are now working from home on technology that is inferior to what they have at the offices. It will stall development for sure.