• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon 25th anniversary ideas

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've come up with a few ideas of what could be announced on the anniversary date:
Possible:
  • Diamond & Pearl Remake Announcement
  • Pokemon Unite - Info Update
  • Pokemon Snap 2 - Info Update
  • Pokemon Go - Info Update
  • A new Pokemon!
Unlikely:
  • Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald on eShop
  • Pokemon: Colosseum & Gale of Darkness on eShop
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers XD (Remake)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think we have a better chance of some of the unlikely stuff than DP remakes. But it would be nice if they happened.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I did just Google what gemstones are associated with each wedding anniversary. Turns out Pearl's are given at 30 years and diamonds at 60. So hopefully we dont have to wait for the 30th or 60th anniversary of Pokemon to have the DP remakes announced.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I did just Google what gemstones are associated with each wedding anniversary. Turns out Pearl's are given at 30 years and diamonds at 60. So hopefully we dont have to wait for the 30th or 60th anniversary of Pokemon to have the DP remakes announced.
We didn’t have to wait for the 25th for being Silver to get HGSS (Gold is the 1st anniversary so obviously it couldn’t happen) so I’m sure we’ll be fine

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I will be genuinely over the moon if Diamond and pearl remakes are annouced, I put so many hours in to those games back then. Plus the music is some of the best from the series.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I will be genuinely over the moon if Diamond and pearl remakes are annouced, I put so many hours in to those games back then. Plus the music is some of the best from the series.

When is the earliest they can announce it? The 27th is earliest or can it happen in another day in this week?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
When is the earliest they can announce it? The 27th is earliest or can it happen in another day in this week?
I think that we might not see them at all until May, which is around the time frame where both ORAS and LGPE were announced. Only new gens so far have gotten Pokemon Day announcements.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I think that we might not see them at all until May, which is around the time frame where both ORAS and LGPE were announced. Only new gens so far have gotten Pokemon Day announcements.
Maybe we will get announcement as in names and cover art of Dialga and Palkia's gimmick forms? I don't think we will get trailer until May,though.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Pokemon Journeys will normally end in the fall of 2022. Could this series be completed this autumn and a new series specific to the 25th year?

If Dawn, Misty, Clemont and Cilan join Ash, I think it could be a good series.

And this time Ash will take a pokemon he captured from each region with him.

Pikachu, Rowlet, Gible, Snivy, Corpish, Quilava

If these pokemons reach their final evolution and get stronger, I think it will be a good series

I tried to make it from generations of pokemon and Ash's friends in the mix. One from each generation.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Maybe we will get announcement as in names and cover art of Dialga and Palkia's gimmick forms? I don't think we will get trailer until May,though.
I don't even see that happening. Pokemon Day announcements are exclusively saved for brand new gens.

CMButch

I don't even see that happening. Pokemon Day announcements are exclusively saved for brand new gens.
So? That doesn't mean anything because they can do whatever they want. It would even make more sense to announce something on Pokemon Day or before especially since it's 25th anniversary + it's 15th DP remakes anniversary than nothing.

If you think they won't announce something big on 25th anniversary( on Pokemon Day or before)( it will be a remake, what remake we don't know, it's highly likely it's DP remakes) since there was no Pokemon news in Nintendo Direct other day, you're wrong.

They won't announce like some spin off or something like that because these don't sell well nor they are big. Main games are big especially for 25th anniversary. Now you could say: " Oh well we didn't have anything for 2011" for 15th anniversary. Well, technically we got in March BW for America, Europe. But that's because back then they didn't hype up 15th anniversary. Now they do : Post Malone, #25Pokemon. So, we will get something big.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So? That doesn't mean anything because they can do whatever they want. It would even make more sense to announce something on Pokemon Day or before especially since it's 25th anniversary + it's 15th DP remakes anniversary than nothing.

If you think they won't announce something big on 25th anniversary( on Pokemon Day or before)( it will be a remake, what remake we don't know, it's highly likely it's DP remakes) since there was no Pokemon news in Nintendo Direct other day, you're wrong.

They won't announce like some spin off or something like that because these don't sell well nor they are big. Main games are big especially for 25th anniversary. Now you could say: " Oh well we didn't have anything for 2011" for 15th anniversary. Well, technically we got in March BW for America, Europe. But that's because back then they didn't hype up 15th anniversary. Now they do : Post Malone, #25Pokemon. So, we will get something big.
I recommend them to make DP remakes, they will make them lots of money. They like money :p

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

DP remakes aren't big compared to a new gen, especially considering that Gen 4 is far from the most iconic gen.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I recommend them to make DP remakes, they will make them lots of money. They like money :p
Thing is, they'll do what they want. Not what fans want. It's not how it works. But I do hope that DP remakes do happen though.

CMButch

DP remakes aren't big compared to a new gen, especially considering that Gen 4 is far from the most iconic gen.
Remakes are still big/ second biggest thing in Pokemon) and new gen is coming in 3-4 years so either next year or 2023( I would say 2023 because of Corona). Gen 4 is still very iconic gen.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I too hope for DP remake, though I don't expect it. Gen IV is the only gen I haven't played. I'm keeping my expectations low and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
That's pretty much where I'm at too. In case things don't work out.