• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon 25th anniversary ideas

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Remakes are still big/ second biggest thing in Pokemon) and new gen is coming in 3-4 years so either next year or 2023( I would say 2023 because of Corona). Gen 4 is still very iconic gen.
I expect a completely brand new type of main series that we have never seen before. Honestly, remakes are dead. Let's Go has taken their place.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I expect a completely brand new type of main series that we have never seen before. Honestly, remakes are dead. Let's Go has taken their place.
Like what? For example.

No. IIRC GF has said that they won't do LG anymore. But even if they do, it probably be something about Johto( which honestly is good because Johto is underrated). Remakes are not dead. They would be dead if they started dropping tremendously which is not case. I would say LG Johto will happen probably between Gen 9 and 10 and that's it. Between Gen 10 and Gen 11 I would say it would be time for BW remakes.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I honestly think that Sinnoh remakes would be a bad way to celebrate the anniversary. If any game should be remade this year it should be the original Red and Blue.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
No. Because Kanto has been overdone + we just got couple years ago LGPE( which is Kanto). Enough with Kanto already.
But it's the 25th anniversary of Red and Blue. They should be the games that they are celebrating.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I don't expect any remake announcements until either May or June due to past precedent. The only new main series game I can see being announced on Pokemon Day is Gen 9.
Or perhaps more DLC for Sword and Shield? I’d love to be able to battle ALL the Gym Leaders and Elite Four throughout the Entire Series. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed for a trainer based off of Satoshi Tajiri with a full LV 100 Team with Perfect EV’s IV’s and Competitive Movesets.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Yeah, but at the first games, Red and Blue are the most important.
Though yet another remake of Red and Blue seems.....unnecessary. The Switch already has a Kanto remake (albeit of Yelow) in LGPE and the only difference would using Gen 8 mechanics, traditional catching means and the starters.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
If it's remakes we've settled on, they should go all the way and put out actual remakes of Red/Blue. As in, actual Game Boy carts containing the original game.

Ah, right, the Jynx issue...
(which honestly is good because Johto is underrated)
no specific response to the rest of your points but lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Johto, the Animals of Pokemon. Underrated despite being a lot of hardcore fan's fave, to the point that calling it "underrated" probably qualifies as a meme.

CMButch

If it's remakes we've settled on, they should go all the way and put out actual remakes of Red/Blue. As in, actual Game Boy carts containing the original game.

Ah, right, the Jynx issue...

no specific response to the rest of your points but lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Johto, the Animals of Pokemon. Underrated despite being a lot of hardcore fan's fave, to the point that calling it "underrated" probably qualifies as a meme.
I don't understand what are you trying to say there. But Johto is underrated compared to Kanto. If we don't get LG Johto and continue with remakes it will be only region that got nothing. Johto's starters always get shafted.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Diamond and Pearl remakes are inevitable now, there are way too many hints about them not to happen at this point.
I honestly think that Sinnoh remakes would be a bad way to celebrate the anniversary. If any game should be remade this year it should be the original Red and Blue.
That is the worst idea from both a fan-demand and business perspective. Fans are tired of Generation 1 pandering and a Red and Blue remakes makes Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee obsolete. The last thing The Pokemon Company wants to do is devalue the mainline games.

The Admiral

I don't understand what are you trying to say there. But Johto is underrated compared to Kanto. If we don't get LG Johto and continue with remakes it will be only region that got nothing. Johto's starters always get shafted.
The things you're saying here are not equivalent, though. Being "underrated" has nothing whatsoever to do with how much attention Game Freak is giving it.

Johto is probably the most beloved region short of maybe Kanto, but comparing to literally the first region in the series is not of any value and is kind of stupid. There's a reason why I said "no specific response to the rest of your points," because it's true that Game Freak has often given Johto the scraps. Granted, a lot of other regions are also getting jack squat (shout outs to zero regional variants of Sinnoh native mons).

I don't exactly agree with your statement that Johto is the only region that has gotten nothing, but I do agree that the second generation often gets lost in the shuffle.
That is the worst idea from both a fan-demand and business perspective. Fans are tired of Generation 1 pandering and a Red and Blue remakes makes Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee obsolete. The last thing The Pokemon Company wants to do is devalue the mainline games.
eh, probably a little late for that (depending who you ask) (and since this is my post...)

The Admiral

I just meant from a profitability standpoint, quality is always going to be a subjective topic.
Fair enough.

I think there's always going to be a subset of fans who will buy into Kanto nostalgia, because hey, nostalgia. But I do know there is a nonzero amount of Kanto backlash out there, and as such it probably would face diminishing returns (although who knows what'll happen once you apply the anniversary tag...).

CMButch

The things you're saying here are not equivalent, though. Being "underrated" has nothing whatsoever to do with how much attention Game Freak is giving it.
That was my point. I meant underrated in that context. If GF really cared about Johto we would've gotten DLC for LGPE to go to Johto.

but comparing to literally the first region in the series is not of any value and is kind of stupid.
Why? Just because it's first region in series that doesn't mean it shouldn't get all attention and praise and being shoved down our throats every now and then. I compare Johto to Kanto because Johto deserves as much as Kanto not to mention that Kanto and Johto should've been "one" aka first region in series.

Granted, a lot of other regions are also getting jack squat (shout outs to zero regional variants of Sinnoh native mons).
If we go by this tempo of things: DP remakes are next which will give Sinnoh new stuff then after that is BW then we go to XY, SM and probably it would be time to remake SH/SW. Johto is gone in obscurity. Only thing that saves Johto is LG Johto but GF said they won't make LG anymore.( it's not 100% ,though).
My main problem is existence of LGPE or lack of Johto in LGPE as DLC. That's why I said Johto is underrated( not by fans but by GF). Another thing that would save Johto if it's being put in some of remakes like BW remakes where we can travel to Johto( which doesn't make much sense) but even that would make Johto underrated in their eyes because Johto is not worthy of its own titles but being part of Gen 4,5,6 etc.

Pokemon Power

But it's the 25th anniversary of Red and Blue. They should be the games that they are celebrating.
No, it's 25th anniversary of Pokemon. They started with those games but it's still Pokemon as awhole.
Yeah, but at the first games, Red and Blue are the most important.
They showed that since we got Kanto in Red and Blue, Yellow, Gold and SIlver, FireRed and LeafGreen, HG/SS, LGPE and if they make LG Johto it will have Kanto.
I have to agree with CMButch on this one. If they wanted to represent Kanto in some form during the anniversary, the least they could do is a DLC Expansion Pass for Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee, or a Switch release of Red and Blue, maybe both.