• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon 6th gen Red/Green/blue/yellow remake possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbodor.

In gen 4 we saw the remake of gen 2 Pokemon games.
What do you think of the possibility of remake of gen 1 and 2?

I know gen 1 were remade into leaf green and fire red but still. It will great to have a 3D version of the great original.

I would love for them to make a remake of Pokemon yellow.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Except for Yellow, they all got, as you said, their remake, by having Leaf Green and Fire Red.
A Pokémon Yellow remake would be pretty nice but I think they would have make it with Leaf Green and Fire Red if it was planned, so I doubt of it.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
No, gen 1 and 2 were already remade, they wont ever be remaking the remakes. If there are ever anymore, the next will be gen 3.

Garbodor.

The Question is why do they make remakes at all? It surly has to do with better quality of the game in terms of graphics,interactions, animations and so on.
I think a 3D version of Pokemon Yellow will surly be bought by those Nostalgia junkies like myself :p

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Wouldn't buy. Kanto is boring as all hell and already got remade. If anything, they should remake RSE.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The Question is why do they make remakes at all? It surly has to do with better quality of the game in terms of graphics,interactions, animations and so on.
I think a 3D version of Pokemon Yellow will surly be bought by those Nostalgia junkies like myself :p

Gen 1 and 2 were remade specifically because they couldn't be connected to gen 3, so they did them so it would be possible to access every pokemon. And the remakes already have better quality, so you can play them on a ds.

Garbodor.

Gen 1 and 2 were remade specifically because they couldn't be connected to gen 3, so they did them so it would be possible to access every pokemon. And the remakes already have better quality, so you can play them on a ds.

I still think at some point they will make a remake of yellow again. I might be wrong of course. But seeing how they love to make more version of similar games Black/white 2 for example games then I see why they wont make a remake of yellow. Yellow was the only game where you could get all three original starters in one game if I am not mistaken.

randomspot555

They already re-made Gen I in FRLG and the only notable aspect of Pokemon Yellow, following Pokemon, was integrated into Gen 2 remakes.

It is highly unlikely they'd remake a game that isn't in Pokemon's main continuity, replete with anime references from the Kanto era that ended over a decade ago.

Remake speculation is pretty worthless as a topic, but remake speculation of games already re-made are even worse.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I still think at some point they will make a remake of yellow again. I might be wrong of course. But seeing how they love to make more version of similar games Black/white 2 for example games then I see why they wont make a remake of yellow. Yellow was the only game where you could get all three original starters in one game if I am not mistaken.

I don't see how you can compare what bw2 are to yellow. BW2 are sequels/third version of BW, and every gen has had a third versiom. Yellow was that for gen 1, but made with stuff specifically referencing the os anime. Kids playing now wouldn't really get most of what is in it. They just aren't going to be remaking games that have already been remade, and there is no point to it.

Garbodor.

They already re-made Gen I in FRLG and the only notable aspect of Pokemon Yellow, following Pokemon, was integrated into Gen 2 remakes.

It is highly unlikely they'd remake a game that isn't in Pokemon's main continuity, replete with anime references from the Kanto era that ended over a decade ago.

Remake speculation is pretty worthless as a topic, but remake speculation of games already re-made are even worse.

I just would love to have 3D Yellow game. If they decide it will sell very well then I don't see why they wont make it. I hope there are more people like me who would love a Yellow remake into 3D. I'll just keep day dreaming till then.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I just would love to have 3D Yellow game. If they decide it will sell very well then I don't see why they wont make it. I hope there are more people like me who would love a Yellow remake into 3D. I'll just keep day dreaming till then.

Every pokemon main line game will sell though. If they remake gen 3, it would sell as much or more. Those haven't been remade yet, so what is more likely?

Garbodor.

Every pokemon main line game will sell though. If they remake gen 3, it would sell as much or more. Those haven't been remade yet, so what is more likely?

I would love a remake of gen 4 as well but I am gravitated much more to yellow. But why do you assume gen 3 will sell just as much or even more than yellow?
surly the people who like the original yellow number more than people who prefer the hoenn region. They have no real reason to remake gen 3 or gen 1 except if they believe they will sell alot of them and I believe Yellow remake will sell more than gen 3. Just my two cents.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I would love a remake of gen 4 as well but I am gravitated much more to yellow. But why do you assume gen 3 will sell just as much or even more than yellow?
surly the people who like the original yellow number more than people who prefer the hoenn region. They have no real reason to remake gen 3 or gen 1 except if they believe they will sell alot of them and I believe Yellow remake will sell more than gen 3. Just my two cents.

A huge amount of people that starter around the time of yellow stopped playing pokemon years ago and may not even have a 3ds possibly not even a ds. The people that starter with gen 3 are at the age where they might be losing some interest, or at least really would be nostalgic for their first gen. Plus again to mention the fact that gen 1 was already remade and elements of yellow were in hgss.

Garbodor.

A huge amount of people that starter around the time of yellow stopped playing pokemon years ago and may not even have a 3ds possibly not even a ds. The people that starter with gen 3 are at the age where they might be losing some interest, or at least really would be nostalgic for their first gen. Plus again to mention the fact that gen 1 was already remade and elements of yellow were in hgss.

You'll be surprised how many of the Pokemon fans are the people who have been there from the beginning! I once sat on a bus next to a man who looked like he was in his late 40's and when I glanced his direction I saw he was playing Pokemon. I am 20 myself and I have a few friends who are older than me and have a DS just for Pokemon. Some have bough the DS3D already in anticipation for X and Y ha ha. I don't even have a DS myself never-mind a 3D one. It's way to expensive for a broke student.

I don't go around asking kids if they play Pokemon but I am sure your comment about "A huge amount of people that starter around the time of yellow stopped playing pokemon years ago" is not true at all. Just have a look at this forum. I bet most users are probably above 19.

Anyway, saying yellow was remade is not saying much as that was 9 years ago. I am sure many Pokemon fans would love a new remake of Yellow.
Even young generation, since I doubt they would like to play Pokemon yellow as it's graphic is very old school.

A even greater Idea would be a game where all previous regions are in one game. But that's just far fetched for now :D

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Why remake the games? You could accomplish the same thing just by making Kanto available to visit in a future game.

ECM

The only way I could ever see them remaking Yellow is as a release to tie in with the animé ending, or maybe some Pokémon anniversary. But as much as I LOVE the originals, they need to worry about making gen III remakes first. The only thing I think they should do is re-release the games on virtual console. Which I think would require some reprogramming.

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
Not going to happen. They have already made remakes, you said it yourself. If anything, Gen III will be remade.

Also, the point of the remakes is to bring make Pokemon available that aren't anymore. Gen 1 was remade because those games weren't compatible with GBA.

Garbodor.

Not going to happen. They have already made remakes, you said it yourself. If anything, Gen III will be remade.

Also, the point of the remakes is to bring make Pokemon available that aren't anymore. Gen 1 was remade because those games weren't compatible with GBA.

I understand what you mean but why would they remake gen 3? There is no real reason why they would remake those as they are compatible with DS already. As ECM above you stated, maybe they will release yellow or gen 3 remake as a anniversary. So I guess no yellow remake in gen 6 :( *wipes tears from his face*

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
I understand what you mean but why would they remake gen 3? There is no real reason why they would remake those as they are compatible with DS already. As ECM above you stated, maybe they will release yellow or gen 3 remake as a anniversary. So I guess no yellow remake in gen 6 :( *wipes tears from his face*

Yes but since Gen VI is on 3DS, there is no GBA port so it isn't possible to transfer Pokemon from GBA to it. Also, as much as I would like a Yellow remake, I can safely say that a Gen III title would get a lot more sales mainly because Gen I has already had remakes while Gen III has yet to have one. Gen III is arguably the most popular among fans, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.