• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

...Pokemon Abuse?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Zangoose and Seviper just fight due to their DNA.

I imagine it all started when one of them stole food from another, and a huge species fight quickly escalated.

If it was genetic, that means it wouldn't be from an escalating fight of stealing food. A grudge is no more genetically passable than a cut off tail.

...Not that that's either here nor there, but just pointing out.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
There was an episode of Pokemon about a Psyduck, it was pampered and treated like a pedigree poodle. The owner forbade it to battle so it ran away. At the end, the owner let it battle and it became happy.

Moral: Pokemon like to battle.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
There was an episode of Pokemon about a Psyduck, it was pampered and treated like a pedigree poodle. The owner forbade it to battle so it ran away. At the end, the owner let it battle and it became happy.

Moral: Pokemon like to battle.

Thats true. Most Pokemon like battling. And like some others and myself have said, Its hard to abuse a Pokemon b/c they will pretty much attack the trainer if needed.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Ah yes, the episode where Machop , Machoke and Machamp were slaves.

That was funny. In a cruel way.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Why are a lot of people ripping on Paul -_- I'm pretty sure if Torterra didn't like Paul he would have used Frenzy Plant on him by now.

Zangoose and Seviper say hi

I'm not sure if your agreeing with me or not, but what do they have to do with my post outside it is an age old thing they do, they fight, they probaly like it to.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
People don't really hate Paul. In fact, most people like him, the same way everyone seems to hate Ash.

As I stated, trainers work to make themselves and their pokemon stronger for pride. Paul's team won't leave until they feel they have become strong enough.

Although both sides in this case are afraid of what may happen if the bond is severed.

And Torterra is Paul's starter, it's not going.

As for Zangoose and Seviper, they just really hate each other I suppose.

Scootlaboot

Redneck Gamer
People don't really hate Paul. In fact, most people like him, the same way everyone seems to hate Ash.

As I stated, trainers work to make themselves and their pokemon stronger for pride. Paul's team won't leave until they feel they have become strong enough.

Although both sides in this case are afraid of what may happen if the bond is severed.

And Torterra is Paul's starter, it's not going.

As for Zangoose and Seviper, they just really hate each other I suppose.

Zangoose is based on a mongoose, and seviper is a serpent. It's more of a predator-prey relationship.

yanma024

yanma...
Has been brought up yet that Pokeballs or badges brainwash a Pokemon to tame them? I don't think this is true, but what do you all think.

In Pokemon Special a Nidoking and a Victreebel were trying to eat Red but when they were captured that acted like pets.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Has been brought up yet that Pokeballs or badges brainwash a Pokemon to tame them? I don't think this is true, but what do you all think.

You can't really tell if the badges in the show affect the Pokemon in any way. I do believe that the pokeballs only show that the Pokemon is now loyal to the trainer. If pokeballs did brainwash the Pokemon in the show, then the Pokemon's characteristics might change; but they don't so I think pokeballs don't brainwash Pokemon.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
*sigh*

Yes, we brought that up.

POKEBALLS DO NOT BRAINWASH POKEMON!

Who the heck invented that idea?

It's the fact that a pokemon (who are prideful creatures) was defeated and caught, that makes it obey you. They trust that someone stronger then them can make them even stronger.

Badges are made of a special metal that is recognized by Pokemon as showing ability in training.

You'll notice that Nidoking and Victreebell were defeated by Red without any Pokemon. That earned their respect, thus their new attitude to Red.

yanma024

yanma...
OK, I will sum up the 12 pages of this thread:

"no."

Well there you have it. Pokemon is apparently not as bad as the Inquisition. ;D

Raine Caulwell

Calm Gardevoir
*sigh*

Yes, we brought that up.

POKEBALLS DO NOT BRAINWASH POKEMON!

Who the heck invented that idea?

It's the fact that a pokemon (who are prideful creatures) was defeated and caught, that makes it obey you. They trust that someone stronger then them can make them even stronger.

Badges are made of a special metal that is recognized by Pokemon as showing ability in training.

You'll notice that Nidoking and Victreebell were defeated by Red without any Pokemon. That earned their respect, thus their new attitude to Red.

Well, I really don't think badges actually do anything, really. They're not known by pokemon in general. However, when one trades a pokemon, they'll try to pick out differences between this new trainer and their old master... well, their old trainer had more badges (a.k.a. shiny).

Also, lol.

1226820008833.png

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Special metal?

lol

also, I like FF III for the DS.

It's true, check PokeSpecial.

And I don't like FF III for the DS. Sucked horribly.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Bidoof, move that boulder with your awesome strength now! Starly, fly me from Sandgem Town to the Resort Area now! Goldeen, take me across this large ocean on your back with Surf! Abuse?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
*sigh*

Read what's already here. HMs fall into videogame logic, and thus do not count.