• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I'm back!! If you have heard of me you would probably know my fan fiction The Sinnoh Adventure. Well, like a plant without water and sunlight, it died. If you don't get the comparison I made then PM me XD Anyways I decided to go off the beaten path and try a fan fiction genre that hasn't been done a whole lot. Hopefully this one will be better than my last. As usual, after reading this chapter I would like any criticism, comments, suggestions, and what you liked/disliked. One more thing. The title may confuse some of you. The title has something to do with the plot later on. If you stick around you will see ;) If you wish to be apart of the PM list then tell me in your post or in a PM. I've talked way to much, now enjoy!

Character Biograhphies

Dedication Through Light and Darkness Themes

Chapter list

Bold means finished and posted

New Students Arc
Chapter 1: Exams! October 12, 2008
Chapter 2: Arrival to the Academy! November 9, 2008
Chapter 3: Dorm Test! January 1, 2009
Chapter 4: Talk About a Reunion! February 15, 2009
Chapter 5: Old Faces in the Crowd! February 22, 2009
Chapter 6: A Decisive Battle! February 28, 2009

Training Begins Arc
Chapter 7: Recollection! Jyharri's Journey! March 12, 2009
Chapter 8: Jyharri's First Date! With a Guy?! March 29, 2009
Chapter 9: Challenge! Jyharri vs Drake! April 9, 2009
Chapter 10: Debt to the School! Jyharri vs Headmistress! April 20, 2009
Chapter 11: Torn Eevee! Her Decision! May 23, 2009
Chapter 12: Enter Charizard! Blast Burn Attack! July 25, 2009
Chapter 13: Revealed! The Black Organization Makes Their Move! July 31, 2009
Chapter 14: Dedication Through Light and Darkness! August 23, 2009

School Tournament Arc
Chapter 15: Dorm Tournament! It Begins! Part 2 Part 3 October 12, 2009
Chapter 16: Whittling Down the Competition! It Continues! October 25, 2009
Chapter 17: Winding Down! It Comes to an End! Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 December 6, 2009
Chapter 18: Ceremonial Celebration! Feelings Revealed! December 21, 2009

Tests and Holidays Arc
Chapter 19: Are the Feelings Mutual? December 27, 2009
Chapter 20: Midterms! Jyharri's Struggle! January 4, 2010
Chapter 21: Winter Break! Eevee Covered in Snow! January 18, 2010

Team Lustrous vs Black Organization Arc
Chapter 22: Team Lustrous Takes the Stage! January 22, 2010
Chapter 23: Clash! Light vs Dark! January 30, 2010
Chapter 24: From the Shadow! Sydnie's Choice February 14, 2010
Chapter 25: Falling from the Light... April 11, 2010
Chapter 26: The Recovery Begins! May 2, 2010
Chapter 27: Coming Home... May 15, 2010

Pokemon Academy: Dedication through Light and Darkness

Chapter 1: Exams!

Pokemon are very mysterious creatures. They come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors. Each one comes with its own set of unique powers, some that aren’t known yet. Humans have learned to coexist with Pokemon; some have not. There are humans who are afraid of Pokemon and some who use them to get what they want. Some humans, called Pokemon trainers catch Pokemon and pit their creatures against another trainer’s in a battle. Other show off their super powered pals in a contest; these people are called Pokemon Coordinators. To become one of these trainers, one usually goes to a trainer’s school. To get into a trainer’s school, a person must pass the entrance exam or impress the school administration enough that they let them in.

“I’m so excited,” a boy muttered to himself. “To be accepted into the Pokemon Academy would be awesome!”

The boy was sitting in what looked like a fairly small arena. Blue seats surrounded five battlefields, a railing protecting anyone from falling onto the fields. Many people were there. Some were sitting in the seats; some were on the fields in the midst of a battle. Most of the kids were acting just like the young boy; sitting and thinking or talking to themselves.

“Jyharri Ahmed,” said a voice through an intercom at the top of the wall. “Report to field four.”

The boy stood up, looking around. His black over shirt complimented the red undershirt he was wearing. His black jeans seemed to be almost very tight, pressing against his legs. As Jyharri walked towards the field his red sneakers squeaked against the tile floors. As he reached the field, another boy was walking away from it. The boy wore a white sleeveless shirt with black jeans.

“Hey,” he said as Jyharri was by him. “Are you going to field four?”

“Yeah I am,” Jyharri replied.

The boy laughed. “Good luck then. The proctor is very good. I barely won.”

Jyharri simply nodded at him. “I’m not a push over. I’m also very good.”

The boy laughed. He patted Jyharri on the shoulder which basically said, “Yeah right.”

“My name’s Brandon by the way,” the boy held out his hand.

“Jyharri,” Jyharri told him as he shook his hand.

“Hope to see you at school,” said Brandon as he walked off.

Jyharri looked at the field he was heading to. The proctor there wore a blue blazer that stopped at the feet. As Jyharri walked closer, he noticed the proctor was a female. Her black hair covered her face, save for her left eye. Jyharri’s hair parted above his forehead, coming down to his cheeks. As the young boy approached the proctor, she turned around.

“Are you Jyharri?” she asked.

Jyharri nodded as he took a big gulp, trying to calm himself down. He pulled out one of his Pokeballs and showed the proctor he was ready for his battle.

“You’re eager aren’t you?” she asked, chuckling a little.

The proctor also took out one Pokeball and tossed it into the air. As the ball reached its maximum height, it opened, shooting out a white light. The light hit the ground and formed a medium-sized purple creature. It had a huge mouth with yellow lips and peg like teeth on each corner.

“A Loudred huh,” Jyharri said as he chuckled. “Zangoose, stand by!”

Jyharri tossed his Pokeball onto the field, it opening and releasing the same white light. This time the light formed a creature that was mostly white in color. It possessed deep red markings on its face, chest and paws.

“Ok trainer,” the proctor yelled. “This will be a two on two battle! You win and you’re in the Academy. You lose; well all I have to say is better luck next year. You may start first.”

Jyharri chuckled once more. “Ladies first,” he said with a little bow.

“Big mistake,” said the proctor. “Loudred, use Stomp!”

Loudred jumped high in the air, positioning himself over Zangoose. As the purple creature fell, he brought down his right foot.

“Zangoose, block,” Jyharri told his Pokemon.

Zangoose smiled and crossed his claws over his head. As Jyharri thought, Loudred landed on Zangoose’s claws, no damage done to Zangoose.

“Throw it,” Jyharri said as he pointed towards the roof.

Zangoose pushed Loudred back into the air, higher than before. Zangoose didn’t need a command for the next attack. He knew what his trainer was thinking. The Cat Ferret Pokemon jumped into the air, his left claw surrounded by what looked like electricity. The claw turned different shades of purple and pink as Zangoose flew through the air. When Zangoose and Loudred were on the same level, Zangoose brought his claw down onto Loudred’s head, knocking him into the ground.

“Finish him,” ordered Jyharri.

As Zangoose came down, his claws started to glow white. Zangoose turned his body so that his face was towards the ground, claws ready to strike. Jyharri smiled as his Pokemon slammed into the proctors, bashing and beating it with his claws. As Zangoose jumped back, Jyharri gave it a “good job” pet on the head.

“That is one powerful Pokemon,” the proctor complimented as she recalled her Loudred. “Are you ready for my next Pokemon?”

Jyharri simply nodded as he recalled his own Pokemon and pulled out his second Pokeball.

“Go Kricketune!” the proctor cried as she tossed her Pokeball.

Out of her second Pokeball came a red Pokemon that resembled a conductor or stringed instrument. It had a mustache, two small feet, black wings, and scythes for hands.

“Eevee, stand by!” Jyharri shouted, tossing his own Pokeball.

After the white light disappeared a small fox like creature was on Jyharri’s side of the field. It had brown fur, a bushy tail that has a cream-colored tip, and a furry collar that is also cream-colored. It also had brown eyes and big ears.

“Eevee use Quick Attack!” Jyharri told the small Normal type.

Eevee ran towards Kricketune, only seen as a cream colored blur. As Eevee neared the Bug Pokemon, Kricketune put his scythe like arms down in front of him, points out.

“Eevee stop!” Jyharri called out.

The Normal Pokemon was lucky his trainer had a quick mind. Eevee barely managed to stop right before Kricketune’s sharp arms. Eevee looked up at Kricketune, a mad look on her face. Kricketune smiled as he swatted Eevee back to Jyharri.

“Kricketune doesn’t like it when other Pokemon get into his bubble,” the proctor told Jyharri. “You’ll have to try something else.”

“Try a Shadow Ball,” Jyharri decided.

Eevee jumped back to her feet and opened his mouth wide. Black energy started to gather in her mouth in the form of a ball. Jyharri pointed his finger at Kricketune, signaling to fire away. The ball was launched from Eevee’s mouth and flew towards Kricketune. Kricketune tried to scuttle out of the way, but the attack was too fast for the bug type. The proctor was shocked to see her Pokemon hit the ground.

“Are you all right buddy?” the proctor asked Kricketune.

Kricketune replied with a click, shakily getting up.

“Eevee use Tackle now!” Jyharri shouted.

Eevee dashed towards Kricketune, just like before, but much slower. As Eevee collided with Kricketune, the Bug Pokemon started to glow white as he crossed his arms. He didn’t even move an inch either.

“What gives?” Jyharri asked confused. “Eevee’s Tackle connected, but Kricketune didn’t take damage or even move.”

“You are an amazing trainer yet you don’t know the power of Bide?” the proctor asked. “This next attack should be fun. Release it!”

Kricketune pushed out his arms, releasing the light. As the light his Eevee, she flew back towards her trainer, hitting the ground hard.

The proctor started to clap her hands together as she said, “Well that’s that.”

“I don’t think so,” Jyharri said, an angry look on his face. “Don’t underestimate my Pokemon!”

As the proctor looked across the field, she could see Eevee starting to stand up. The Normal type was shaking as she got up, but she got up regardless. The proctor seemed surprised as Jyharri laughed.

“Eevee hit Kricketune with Iron Tail!” Jyharri yelled.

Eevee ran towards Kricketune, her tail starting to glow. As she was about to reach Kricketune, Eevee jumped. Flipping in the air, Eevee gained momentum as she fell towards Kricketune. The proctor gasped as Kricketune did too. Eevee slammed her tail into Kricketune’s head, knocking him into the ground.

“Now it’s over,” Jyharri said as he pulled out Eevee’s Pokeball.

“Congratulations,” the proctor said, still somewhat surprised. “And welcome to the Pokemon Academy.”

The proctor recalled her fallen Pokemon back into its ball as Jyharri did the same with Eevee. The proctor walked over to Jyharri and handed him a card. The card read, “Welcome to Pokemon Academy! If you are in possession of this card, you have passed the entrance exam. Congratulations! Boats leave for the Academy tomorrow at 9:00 AM sharp. Don’t forget to register the first day of school!”

“Sweet,” Jyharri exclaimed. “I can’t wait!”

“Good luck at the Academy,” the proctor told Jyharri.

“Thanks,” Jyharri told her as he ran off to go tell everyone he knew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A short beginning chapter, but it is only the beginning.

Last edited:

Skemo

Grand Festival Champ
I like this. I'm happy with the fact that you chose Zangoose. Its one of my favorite pokemon!

Last edited:

buneary dude

I enjoyed reading this Jyharri. Still as good as your last. And yeah it was short, but begginings are always short for people want to get past and get to the point. I'll be waiting for chapter two. ;D

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Nice chapter, seems to be a good storyline. However there was one thing I noticed.

When you described the Pokemon you tended to write in lists. I would have said something like:

It had brown fur and it's tail ended in a lovely cream colour. The collar that surrounded its neck was the same cream as the tip of the tail.

I doubt what I said was excellent, but try not to use lists.

One last thing, don't use 'it' all the time, it really annoys some people so don't be afraid to use he's and she's.

Overall it was good and I can't wait for the next chapter! 8/10.

shiny gible

Nice Chapter dude Its probaly going to be better than the sinnoh adv. awww who am I kidding all ur fan fictions r awesome and so is every1's else that u told me about
I really liked how u used eevee in battle and ur zangoose that was a intense battle Great job dude
Cya Later Man

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Sorry for the no chapter last week. I was planning on having it up on Friday but I lost Internet for a while. I will get started in chapter 2 right away. Also tell me if you want to be on the PM list or not.

Until next time, this is Shadow Lucario signing off

Torpoleon

Hey great chapter Shadow Lucario!!8.5/10!!!Take your time in writing the next chapter just in case you see errors along the way.So don't rush.

That was good add me to the pm list plz

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Here at last is the second chapter! I had fun with this chapter, as you will be able to tell by its length. I've got to introduce three new characters and put in an already familiar one. Who are these people? Read and find out cause I'm not telling. Also if something is in Italics like this someone is either thinking or a machine is talking. If you like nice short four page chapters I suggest not reading this. This chapter is fourteen pages long :O That's right, fourteen! Enjoy the fourteen page Chapter 2: Arrival to the Academy!

Dedication through Light and Darkness

Chapter 2: Arrival to the Academy!

“All of you have been presented with a card if you won your exam battle. You will need to show said card to the young man in front of the boat BEFORE you can get on. You will then have to also show the same card to the same man AFTER you get off the boat.”

It had been a few days since the entrance exam into the Pokemon Academy. A man was explaining how to get to the Academy through a megaphone, his blue blazer flapping in the wind. Jyharri was standing in the back of a crowd of kids, attempting to hear what the man was saying.

“If you cannot present the card before you get on the ship you will have to go home. If you cannot present the card after getting off the boat then the authorities will be notified and you will be taken home,” the man told the kids. “We don’t want to do that so please have those cards ready.”

Jyharri reached into the pocket of his black pants and pulled out a rectangular shaped object. It was the card that the Academy man was talking about. Just in case he lost it, Jyharri scribbled his name on it in Sharpie.

“Perfect,” Jyharri said to himself.

“Wait up!” cried a voice.

The voice seemed to be coming from the parking lot area of the harbor. The figure of a boy was seen running towards the boat. Jyharri squinted, trying to figure out who it was. He recognized the voice, the clothes seemed familiar.

“Don’t leave without me!” the boy cried.

As the boy reached the harbor Jyharri finally realized who it was. It was Brandon!

“Brandon,” Jyharri said to him as Brandon caught his breath. “Why are you so late?”

“Jyharri,” Brandon said between breaths. “You won your battle?”

“No I just decided to hang out here,” Jyharri replied.

“The sarcasm is strong in this one.” Brandon laughed weakly.

A horn blew. As the kids turned around steam was coming out of the smokestack. The boat was ready to leave. The kids formed a single file line and began shuffling onto the boat. As Jyharri and Brandon boarded the boat they saw that it was bigger than it looked. There was red carpet that looked softer than a cloud. As the two trainers walked through the boat they noticed that the walls were covered with portraits of either people or Pokemon. Sometimes it was both.

“Hey Jyharri,” Brandon called to him.

“Yeah what is it?” Jyharri asked.

“The carpet has been four colors so far,” pointed out Brandon.

“Really, I didn’t notice.”

“Let’s go,” said Brandon as he signaled for Jyharri to follow him.

The next room they entered was the size of a house. The clinking of glasses was heard throughout the room as the trainers lounged around. Carts with food and drink alike were scattered around the room. Some of the trainers were grooming or playing with their Pokemon. As Jyharri and Brandon entered the room everyone looked at them. Everybody in the room started to laugh or snicker.

“What’s so funny?” Jyharri asked them.

“Someone has been waiting for you,” said a boy.

“Who?” Jyharri demanded.

“Me,” said a voice.

A boy around the same age of Jyharri and Brandon stood up. He brushed his black hair to the side, out of his face. As he walked his blue sneakers made no sound against the wood tile floor. Jyharri looked him up and down, trying to figure out what he would want. His blue eyes seemed to pierce Jyharri. Brandon gasped when he saw his eyes, Jyharri didn’t make a sound.

“I saw your entrance exam battle,” said the boy. “It was pretty impressive.”

“Yeah, I guess it was,” said Jyharri. “So, what do you want?

The boy pulled out a Pokeball. “A battle,” he said.

Jyharri chuckled. “Then a battle is what you’ll get.”

The trainers around the two boys backed off to give them room. The trainers who had their Pokemon out recalled them to watch the battle. Jyharri pulled out his first Pokeball, staring down his new rival.

“The name is Sean by the way,” he said throwing his Pokeball.

As the Pokeball opened, a white light shot out, hitting the ground. The light materialized into a creature that resembled a praying mantis. The blades on its arms shined in the light.

“Nice Scyther,” Jyharri commented as he threw his Pokeball. “Zangoose, standby!”

Jyharri’s Pokeball opened in the same fashion as Sean’s, but released Jyharri’s Zangoose instead. Scyther and Zangoose stared each other down, not moving an inch. Scyther made the first move, jumping towards Zangoose, blades extended with their points out. Zangoose simply pushed the top of Scyther’s blades, pushing him out of the way. Scyther caught himself and swung towards Zangoose’s back. The Normal type jumped into the air and flipped behind Scyther.

“Zangoose use Crush Claw!” Jyharri yelled.

Zangoose’s right claw started to glow a bright white. Zangoose hit Scyther in the back of its head, slamming it into the ground. The wooden panels around the Pokemon cracked and broke. Zangoose then jumped in the air, still holding Scyther, and threw Scyther into the opposite wall. Scyther slid down to the floor not moving.

“Scyther, return,” Sean said as he pointed his Pokeball at Scyther.

“Good job Zangoose,” Jyharri said as his Zangoose walked to him. He pointed his Pokeball at Zangoose and recalled it.

“Not many people defeat my Scyther,” Sean said. “Well done. Now my next Pokemon will not be defeated.”

Jyharri smirked as he reached for his last Pokeball. Sean pulled out his Pokeball and put his head against it in a sort of prayer. As he threw the Pokeball, Sean put a little more force into his throw. As the white light shot out of the Pokeball, Jyharri threw his own. The light out of Sean’s materialized into a large blue tortoise with a brown shell. It let out a loud bellow as its cannons protruded from its shell. The light from Jyharri’s Pokeball materialized into an orange lizard creature. The creature stood on its hind legs, its tail trailing behind it. The flame at the end of the tail heated the room. The Pokemon stretched its wings to their full length. The inside of the wings were a green-blue color.

“Charizard, this is going to be tough,” Jyharri told his Pokemon. “We’re facing a Blastoise. This will probably be our toughest battle.”

Charizard snorted, a small flame coming out of his nose. Blastoise stared down Charizard, a grin spread across his face.

“No one has ever beaten my Blastoise,” Sean bragged.

Jyharri chuckled. “Well today will be the first day it loses.”

“I doubt that,” Sean said as he laughed.

Charizard faced Blastoise, giving him an intimidating look. Everyone in the room flinched, except for Blastoise. The two exchanged looks for what seemed like hours. The tension was building. Everyone in the room was waiting for the two Pokemon to clash. After what seemed like an eternity Charizard moved. He swung his tail at Blastoise’s feet. The Water Pokemon simply jumped a little bit, Charizard’s tail missing completely. As Blastoise landed the whole room shook. Nearly everyone in the room fell. The only two standing were Blastoise and Charizard. Blastoise then made his move, throwing a punch at Charizard. The Fire type blocked the punch with his wings, not taking any damage. Then Charizard opened his wings with enough force to send Blastoise skidding back a few feet. The Pokemon were now where they started.

“Blastoise, go on the offensive,” Sean suddenly shouted. “Use Water Gun!”

Blastoise’s cannons flew downward and aimed at Charizard. Water exploded from the cannons in the form of a ball. As the first one missed Charizard, six more came.

“Charizard,” Jyharri thought quickly, “into the sky!”

Once more Charizard opened his wings. As they reached their maximum span Charizard took off in one flap. As he reached the ceiling Charizard busted through it. Blastoise then ran through the door following his target. Sean ran after his Blastoise as Jyharri climbed through the hole in the ceiling following his Charizard. As Jyharri reached the roof of the boat he saw that Blastoise had jumped into the ocean. He had also seen a figure on Blastoise’s back. As Blastoise swam around the boat, Jyharri noticed it was Sean. Jyharri whistled a very unique whistle, calling Charizard to him. As Charizard flew by him, Jyharri hopped onto his back.

“Let’s go take out that Blastoise,” Jyharri told Charizard.

Charizard then dove towards the water, pulling up just above the water. Blastoise spotted him and swam towards them at full speed.

“Hydro Pump Blastoise!” Sean yelled.

“Flamethrower Charizard!” Jyharri shouted.

Blastoise’s cannons popped up above the water, shooting two blasts of water that connected into one. As Charizard opened his mouth, the flame on his tail grew bigger. A fire formed in Charizard’s mouth. As he blew out a stream of fire shot out. As they connected steam erupted into the sky. As the Pokemon were about to crash, Charizard flew higher and turned to see Blastoise as the Water type spun around.

“Mega Punch Blastoise,” yelled Sean.

“Metal Claw Charizard,” Jyharri shouted.

Once again Charizard dove towards Blastoise, his right claw glowing white. Blastoise pushed himself out of the water, his right fist glowing. The two hands collided, a thunderous bang erupting through the surroundings. By now the entire ship was watching the battle as the boat passed the two Pokemon. As Blastoise attempted to pull Charizard down into the water with him, Charizard blew a flame on Blastoise’s body away from Sean.

“Are you ok?” Sean asked Blastoise as the landed back into the water.

Blastoise nodded as he swam ahead of the ship and behind Charizard. His cannons appeared above the surface again and fired rounds and rounds of water at Charizard.

“Behind you,” Jyharri warned Charizard.

As Charizard spun around, three off the water balls hit him in the chest. After the first three Charizard dodged them all.

“We’ve been in a position like this before Charizard,” Jyharri started. “We’ll end it like we did with that Empoleon!”

A grin grew across Charizard’s face. As he lowered down above the surface, Charizard took off towards Blastoise at a high velocity. Jyharri lowered himself, holding on tight.

“They’re moving faster than before!” Sean was shocked.

As Charizard neared Blastoise, he went into s spin. The water around Charizard parted, making small wakes on either side.

“Now use Flare Blitz!” Jyharri shouted.

Suddenly Charizard became engulfed in a bright flame. The flame surround every part of Charizard, save for where Jyharri was.

“Now use Fire Spin!” yelled Jyharri.

As the flame shot out of Charizard’s mouth it didn’t fly towards Blastoise, it spun around Charizard. Blastoise shot out blasts of water, attempting to put out Charizard. Charizard simply moved left and right, avoiding the blasts. As the fire surrounded Charizard steam appeared on either side of him.

“Just a little more,” said Jyharri as they came close to hitting Blastoise.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a blue body appeared in front of Blastoise. Charizard instantly stopped, the flames extinguished. The body that appeared in front of Blastoise was big. It was at least forty-five feet long. On top stood a man, a man Jyharri had seen before.

“What do you two think you’re doing?” he asked the two, almost demanding the answer.

As soon as he spoke Jyharri recognized him immediately. It was the man from the docks.

“We were having a battle,” Sean answered.

“Didn’t you two read the student manual?” the man asked.

Both of the trainers shook their heads. “I didn’t know there was one,” Jyharri told him honestly.

“Well,” said the man pulling out a pocket sized book, “It says here in Article I, Section IV, Subsection III, Line VII, ‘No battling on the boat’.”

“We didn’t know that,” Jyharri said.

“That’s a dumb rule,” said Sean.

“Then there is the damage you caused in your battle,” the man went on. “A hole in the floor, a hole in the ceiling, and a chunk of the deck wall is missing.”

Jyharri looked at Sean at the sound of the man’s last words. Sean pointed at Blastoise and Jyharri already knew. Blastoise had broken through the wall instead of jumping over.

“That is going to get you two in some big trouble,” said the man. “At least three weeks of detention.”

Jyharri scoffed as Charizard flew up onto the deck of the boat. Sean had Blastoise swim over to the side of the boat where the emergency boats were kept. He then proceeded to climb on the boats and onto the deck. Sean pulled out his Pokeball and recalled Blastoise, a smile on his face. After Jyharri recalled his Charizard he walked over to Sean.

“That was a great battle,” said Jyharri, extending his hand towards Sean.

“Yeah it was,” said Sean as he gripped his hand and shook it.

As the trainers shook hands a storm of kids surrounded them. Many of them told them that it was a great battle; some said it would be the best battle of the school year. Jyharri smiled as his fellow classmates complimented his battle with Sean.

“This is going to be a good year,” Jyharri said to himself.

“Hey Jyharri,” a voice called from the back of the crowd.

Jyharri tried to find where it was coming from but had difficulty doing so. After looking around for a bit he spotted Brandon waving his arms.

“Excuse me,” Jyharri told the people talking to him. “I’m going inside now.”

The crowd parted as Jyharri walked by, leading him straight to Brandon. As they started to walk to a different part of the boat Brandon patted him on the back.

“That was an awesome battle,” Brandon said. “If we have to battle in the future, I would surrender immediately.”

The two chuckled at Brandon’s words. As they reached the back end of the boat they saw hardly anyone was there. Besides Brandon and Jyharri, there was only one other person there.

“Who’s that?” Jyharri asked Brandon.

Brandon tried to get a good look at her, standing on his tip toes. The girl’s dirty blonde hair lifted around her as a gust of wind blew through. Her white gloves seemed to be invisible against the white railing. She wore a green sleeveless shirt with blue jeans. As the girl turned to the side to watch the waves Brandon remembered her instantly. “Her name is Sydnie Lake. She is one great battler.”

“Have you battled her before?” Jyharri asked.

“Yeah, it ended in a draw,” Brandon replied. “I’m going to go ask her why she wasn’t watching your battle with Sean.”

“No its ok she wasn’t watching,” said Jyharri.

“You’re too modest,” Brandon told him.

Jyharri tried to stop him, but failed to keep him from walking over to her. Jyharri thought it would be better if he was there. As Jyharri approached them Brandon had already asked his question.

“Oh, I was there until his Charizard bust through the roof,” she said. “I knew it would be over for Charizard right there.”

“Well, guess you were wrong,” Jyharri said, half irritated. “I was going in for the finishing blow, but some guy stopped the battle saying it was against the rules to battle on the boat.”

“Is he really that good?” Sydnie asked Brandon.

Brandon nodded his head. “You would know that if you were there.”

“I know Sean,” she said. “We grew up together and ever since his Wartortle evolved into a Blastoise he has been unbeatable. We’ll have to battle some time.”

As she walked off Jyharri smirked. “Maybe you’ll be good enough to be my rival.”

Sydnie stopped and turned her head sideways, her dirty blonde hair covering half of her face. She smiled. “Maybe you’ll be good enough to be MY rival.” As Sydnie turned her head she started to walk into the interior of the boat. Jyharri smirked as she disappeared into the boat.

No, Jyharri thought to himself. This is going to be a GREAT year.

About an hour later the boat arrived on the island. As the kids got off the boat they all showed the man their won cards that proved they belong on the island. Most of them were looking around in awe. Ahead of them after a long winding trail was a building about the size of the Sydney Opera House of Sydney Australia. The roof of the building was a shade of purple. About a few thousand feet to the left was a slightly smaller building with a green roof. Even farther to the right of the purple roofed building was a building with a yellow roof. The differences between the two buildings were that around the one with the yellow roof there was more flatland with no grass. Around the green roofed one there was tons of grass and trees. As the students walked towards the main building they saw even more buildings. There was one that contained a Pokemon Center, a shopping plaza, and a restaurant. Another one further along the road contained what seemed like a hang out spot for trainers, battlefields, and another restaurant.

“Hey look at that,” said Brandon as he tapped Jyharri on the shoulder.

Behind the island there were two small islands. Both had buildings on it. On one island the building had a blue roof, on the other a red roof. Behind the building there was a volcano. Jyharri thought about the volcano erupting and killing all the students, teachers, and Pokemon. He tried to push it out of his head and ask someone about it later. As the students reached the doors of the main building a woman was waiting in front of the doors. She wore a green blazer with grey pants. As the students reached her she looked at them all with her piercing blue eyes.

“Welcome to the Pokemon Academy.” As she spoke she had a distinctive Russian accent. “I am Professor Torrey. I teach Advanced Pokemon Battling.”

“Whoa,” was all Brandon had said. The minute they got to the doors his eyes haven’t left her.

She threw back her shoulder length brown hair as she said, “Follow me and you will know what will be happening here.”

As soon as she turned around the front doors to the building slid open. As they stepped inside the students saw that the inside of the building was gold in color. Like on the boat portraits lined the walls. The difference was that all the pictures inside the building were of people. Professor Torrey led the students up a flight of marble stairs and into what appeared to be the Main Hall. Three adults stood at the front of the hall, all wearing a different colored blazer. The man at the right wore a blue blazer that complimented his blue pants. His sandy colored hair covered almost half of his face. The wrinkles on his forehead showed he was a middle aged man. A woman next to him wore a red blazer with grey pants. She seemed to be nice as she had a smile on her face. Her black hair came down to the middle of her back, also covering half her face. She still kept her smile as she pushed her hair out of her face. She seemed to be fairly young, around her mid 20’s. At the end of the line there was a woman who wore a yellow blazer. Her white jeans stopped at the ankles and seemed tight. She also had a smile on her face, her semi long red hair brightening it even more.

“From left to right are Professors Amy, Cindy, and Lou,” Professor Torrey told the students. “They are the heads of the houses you will be put in. Professor Amy is the head of Lightning Yellow, Professor Cindy is head of Fire Red, Professor Lou is head of Ocean Blue, and I am head of Leaf Green.”

“Hello,” the three Professors said in unison.

“How will we be sorted?” one of the kids asked.

“You remember that card the proctor gave you?” Torrey asked.

The kids all nodded.

“The cards were actually recording your battle. You will put your card into a machine and then after a quick run through of the battle it will place you in the house you best fit in. The machines I am speaking of are in the next room. Only fifty can fit at a time so some may have to wait.”

“We would like to have a single file line please,” Professor Lou bellowed.

“For an old man that guy and yell,” Brandon said so that only Jyharri can hear.

Jyharri snickered as the students shuffled into a single file line. As the kids got into a line Professor Amy counted out fifty kids and separated the first fifty from the rest. She then went on to repeat this procedure twice more. Jyharri was number one in the second group while Brandon was number fifty in the first.

“Wish me luck,” Brandon told Jyharri as Professor Cindy led the first group to a door on the side of the hall.

“This is where you will be eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner,” Torrey informed the remaining students. “Also, all written exams will be taken in here.”

After about thirty minutes, Cindy led the second group to the door. Jyharri took a deep breath as they entered the room. The temperature slightly dropped as the students entered the room. Jyharri first saw a row of machines, a door at the end. The room was more of a hall, fifty machines lining the walls. Jyharri walked to the first one he saw and pulled out the card he had gotten after his battle. He made sure it had his name on it and sure enough it did. As Jyharri looked at his machine he saw that the screen was blank. All he saw was his reflection.

“What do I do with this card then?” he asked himself.

“You have to put it into the machine,” said a voice by his ear.

Jyharri jumped and saw Sydnie by his ear. Suddenly he was relieved.

“Yeah but where?” he asked her.

Sydnie took his card and rolled her eyes smiling. She pressed the one and only button on the machine and a slot appeared by the button. As Sydnie slid the card into the machine the screen turned on.

Reading data, the machine said. Battler is Jyharri Ahmed hailing from Blackthorn City, Johto. Battle data is loading.

As a sped up version of Jyharri’s battle played Sydnie looked impressed.

“Looks like your friend wasn’t lying,” she said. “You are good.”

As the battle video stopped the machine slowed down.

Deciding on house, the machine said. Trainer battles with spirit and determination. House will be Fire Red.
“That’s awesome,” Sydnie said.

“Is there something great about Fire Red?” Jyharri asked.

“Yeah,” she told him. “I’m in it.”

A smile drew itself upon Jyharri’s face as well Sydnie’s. Jyharri looked up into Sydnie’s eyes and realized they were the same color as his, a light green.

“If you have been sorted move into the next room and pick up your blazers,” Cindy told the students.

Her voice was very light but it was heard throughout the room. Jyharri stood up and walked with Sydnie into the next room discussing battle strategies and their favorite trainers.

“Paul is just way better than Gary,” said Jyharri. “He just is.”

“Whatever floats your boat,” Sydnie told him.

As the two new friends entered the next room they saw that rows and rows of different colored blazers lined the walls. Each was separated by house and last initial. As Sydnie and Jyharri reached the Fire Red section they dispersed for a minute of two, having different last names starting with a different letter. As Jyharri reached the ‘A’ section an elderly lady was sitting in a chair behind a table.

“Last name?” she asked in a raspy voice.

“Ahmed,” Jyharri had told her.

The woman pushed a button and the row of blazers rotated behind her. As the rack reached Jyharri’s name she pulled it off the rack and looked at the tag.

“Is your first name J-j-Jaharry?” she asked.

“It’s Jyharri,” he corrected her in a slightly mad tone.

“Don’t talk to me that way,” said the woman, throwing the blazer at Jyharri.

Jyharri gave her a look of madness and walked off. “Crazy old bat,” he muttered to himself.

As Jyharri looked at the blazer he noticed that the collar was white. It buttoned up all the way to the neck. Was the school trying to kill their students or something? Jyharri looked around, trying to figure out what to do next. As he looked around he saw an arrow that said “Change here”. As Jyharri walked into the next room he switched out his red shirt for a black one he carried around in his back pocket, and his black over shirt for his new red one. He left the buttons undone and exited the changing room on the other side. As he stepped out he noticed he was on the opposite side of the main building. This side was silver in color instead of gold. Portraits on this side were of people and Pokemon. There were kids here who Jyharri recognized from the first two groups. As he looked around, Jyharri spotted the back of Brandon’s head in the middle of a small crowd.

“Brandon,” Jyharri called out.

A bunch of boys spun around looking at Jyharri. Some of them gave him weird looks, but the one he was looking for walked over to him. As Brandon neared him a look of disappointment came over his face.

“What’s the matter?” Jyharri asked.

“You’re in Fire Red and I’m in,” Brandon said as he pulled out a yellow blazer from behind his back.

“Well we may not be in the same house, but one of us could be in the same house as Sean.” Jyharri tried to make Brandon feel better.

Brandon shook his head. “He’s in Ocean Blue,” he said as he pointed to Sean.

Sean seemed to be engaged in a conversation with three other Ocean Blue students. Jyharri sighed. “Well at least I’m in the same house with Sydnie,” said Jyharri.

“I’m sure we will both meet great friends in both of our houses,” Brandon told him.

Jyharri smiled and nodded as he heard someone walk up behind him. Jyharri turned to see a boy around the same age as him and the same house right behind him. His shoulder length hair matched the blazer along with his freckles.

“Are you Brandon Longeway?” he asked Jyharri.

“I am,” Brandon said from behind him.

“I’m Brad, and I hear you have a Torterra.”

“Yeah I do,” Brandon said. “What about it?”

“Just making sure that Lightning Yellow isn’t as weak as they claim it is,” Brad said as he laughed.

A bunch of Lightning Yellow students glared at Brad. Brad simply rolled his eyes at them. “And you are?” he asked Jyharri.

“Jyharri Ahmed,” he told him.

“What’s your strongest Pokemon?” Brad asked him.

“My Charizard of course,” Jyharri replied with a scoff.

Bart nodded at Jyharri. “I’ll see you later most likely,” he said as he walked off.

Jyharri and Brandon watch Brad walk off into the crowd. As Brad walked through the students all the Lightning Yellow ones glared at him.

“Hey guys,” said a voice behind them.

As the two boys turned around again they saw Sydnie walking towards them. This time she was wearing a red blazer and a red mini skirt. She also wore a red bandana with a flame on it.

“Where did you get that?” Jyharri asked pointing at the bandana.

“They were selling them inside so I bought one,” she told them.

“I want one,” said Jyharri about to walk off.

“This was the last one. Sorry.”

Jyharri stopped and sighed. “Oh well. I don’t need one right now anyways.”

As another group of students came through the changing room doors the Professors walked out a different door.

“Attention students,” Torrey shouted in her Russian accent. “You will now be taken to your respective dormitories. Inside the breast pocket of your blazer there is a mini map of the island that also serves as identification.”

Each of the students reached into their pockets and pulled out a mini map, each with their respective names, pictures, information, and current team on them.

“Find a route you would like to take to your dorm and then you may start to go there,” Torrey explained. “Fire Red students will go to the red building, Ocean Blue the blue one and so on. For the Fire Red students and Ocean Blue students, you must take a boat to your dorm as they are on islands. Fire Red’s dorm is located on an island with a dormant volcano for all those who saw it earlier and became worried.”

As Torrey said, “Dormant volcano,” Jyharri’s worries from earlier completely vanished.

“After you get to your dorms you may explore the campus if you wish too,” Lou told them. “But all students must be in bed by midnight.”

“Well I guess this is goodbye for now,” Brandon said to Jyharri as he extended his hand.

“Yeah I’ll see you later,” Jyharri said as he shook his hand.

Brandon nodded at Sydnie as he walked towards a group of Lightning Yellow students.

“Shall we head to the dorm?” Jyharri Sydnie.

“Yes we shall,” Sydnie told him walking the opposite way of Brandon.

As Jyharri and Sydnie walked towards the boat to the island with the Fire Red dorm they noticed Pokemon moving ahead of them. They looked like gray-blue muscular men. They were carrying suitcases and backpacks.

“They have Machoke carrying our luggage,” Jyharri pointed out.

As the two reached the harbor they saw that even the harbor was big. It had hang out spots, and a restaurant. As the two kids walked to the ticket desk the man behind the desk pointed to a sign. The sign read, “Fire Red students get free rides.” Jyharri pointed Sydnie to the door, letting her go through first. The boat ride was about ten minutes long. As the new Fire Red students stepped out onto the island most of them noticed that the Fire Red Island and Ocean Blue Island were both in the middle of Pokemon Academy Island. Trees covered the back part of the island but some paths were visible.

“Are you ready for a great year Sydnie?” Jyharri asked her.

“I am, as long as you are.”

Last edited:

shiny gible

That was a awesome Chapter man Sean's Syther should be dead man lol that was off the charts what ur Zangoose did to that Syther and That Battle with Charizard and Blastoise my god u used ur moves perfectly and it suks u couldnt finish the battle but that dumb rule no battleing on the boat lol didnt see that coming
Keep it up man
Cya Later

Torpoleon

That was awesome and interesting!!Great job keep up the work!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Well, my turn to put two cents in...

On the Zangoose vs Scyther bout, I was sadly disappointed. It sounded really blah and there was next to no tension at all in it. Drawing it out more with some changes in the feel of the battle from both the pokemon's and humans point of view would have made it loads better.

As Charizard spun around, three of the water balls hit him in the chest. After the first three Charizard dodged them all.

See here? Aside the grammar error, it seemed to me that the water blasts did next to no damage. If you had drawn out the lag time between each hit and punctuated it with how much it had hurt, it would be a lot more engaging.

As Charizard neared Blastoise, he went into a spin

You're forgiven for this error. it happens.

As she walked off Jyharri smirked. “Maybe you’ll be good enough to be my rival.”

Sydnie stopped and turned her head sideways, her dirty blonde hair covering half of her face. She smiled. “Maybe you’ll be good enough to be MY rival.” As Sydnie turned her head she started to walk into the interior of the boat. Jyharri smirked as she disappeared into the boat.

Oooooh... i liked that part loads!

As a sped up version of Jyharri’s battle played Sydnie looked impressed.

“Looks like your friend wasn’t lying,” she said. “You are good.”

Which raises a disturbing question: we have a boat load of competent trainers on board a ship, to a Pokemon training school? I'd say someone who can control a charizard, scyther and zangoose perfectly is as close to advanced as it gets. It's a col premise, but their pokemon are a bit too extremely high level to be students who need to be taught.

“Shall we head to the dorm?” Jyharri Sydnie.

You know what's weird here...

all in all, it's a sweet premise. other than your battle description needing a bit of a spruce upa.d probably your characters' skills being toned down a bit to a level where they'd need training, this is pretty sweet.

Oh, and on the theme? Sounds like this fic going to be all about who stands at the top of the pile. If so, nice choice. Hard Rock and all, but pretty cool. As i pick a lot of game soundtrack, this is not bd at all...

L@er!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Hey readers! Happy New Year to all and I hope you guys are enjoying your break with your families! I have brought you guys something that will make you enjoy it even more. The next chapter of Dedication Through Light and Darkness! Now this chapter is also a monster. A total of thirteen pages! That's right, thirteen! Now I have said enough. Enjoy!

Dedication through Light and Darkness

Chapter 3: Dorm Test!

“Welcome to the Fire Red dorm! Girls dorms are on the right and boy’s dorms are straight ahead.”

As Jyharri and Sydnie arrived in the Fire Red dorm they were greeted by a robot. The robot had a screen for a head that displayed a woman dressed in red. The robot floated around the entrance room greeting everyone that entered. The room was fairly large. Pictures of different fire type Pokémon lined the walls. The colors of the walls were a shade of yellow, matching the carpet.

“I guess I’ll see you later,” Sydnie said to Jyharri as she walked off towards the girls dorms.

“Yeah,” Jyharri said. “See ya later.”

As Jyharri walked straight to the doors leading to the boy’s dorms, he saw a familiar face out of the corner of his eye. Turning to see who it was, he realized it was a picture.

“Wow,” Jyharri said staring at the portrait. “Lance Blackthorn.”

The portrait had been of a man around his mid 20s. His red hair was slicked back and spiked up at the same time. His black cape flowing behind him matched his red and black jumpsuit. A large dragon looking Pokémon stood next to him. Its skin was a shade of orange, save for its underbelly which happened to be tan and the underside of its wings which were a shade of green.

“I hear his Dragonite is very powerful,” said a voice from behind Jyharri.

Jyharri whirled around to see Brad standing behind him.

“Your name is Bart right?” Jyharri asked him.

“Yeah and you’re Jyharri,” Brad replied. “What dorm room are you in?”

“I have no idea,” Jyharri said.

Brad laughed and walked to the doors to the boy’s dorm.

“Come on then,” Brad said, motioning for Jyharri to follow.

As Jyharri walked up to Brad the doors slid open. The boys walked through the doors into a hallway. The hallway’s walls were the same shade of red as the Fire Red blazers. At the end of the hallway there were three elevators. Next to the elevators was a list of names. Brad ran his finger down the list about two names and said, “You’re in room 512, same room as me.”

“Let’s head to the room then,” said Jyharri, pushing the up button on one of the elevators.

There was a ding as the elevator reached the first floor. As the boys stepped inside they pushed the number five on the elevator panel. When the elevator reached the fifth floor Brad led Jyharri around a bunch of hallways to a door with the number 512 on it. The door had a device next to it that looked like a scanner. Brad put his hand on the device and the door opened.

“What in the world,” Jyharri said amazed.

“The administration installed who would be living in the dorms in the device,” Brad said. “They then got your handprint from either your parents or the government and also put them in there.”

“That’s awesome,” Jyharri exclaimed. “So the only people who can get into a room-“

“-Are the people living in that room,” Brad finished for him.

As the two stepped into the room Jyharri noticed it didn’t look like much of a room, but like a small house. The area they were in resembled a living room. A red couch was against the far wall, two red chairs on either side. A screen was embedded into the right wall, a fireplace underneath. Across the room to their left was a hallway. As Jyharri peered down the hallway he saw four doors, three on one wall and one on the other. A small kitchen area was to the left of the hallway. It was complete with a stove, dishwasher, and etc. The walls in the room were, of course, red. The floors were that of hardwood, the usual brown color. Jyharri ran to the couch and jumped on it laughing.

“You had better go claim your room,” Brad told him. “The one closest to the exit is mine.”

“Well I would if I had my suitcase,” Jyharri told him.

“It’s in the hallway, along with our other roommate’s things.”

Jyharri got up off the couch and walked into the hallway to find his black suitcase next to a yellow one. Jyharri picked up his suitcase and headed into the room at the end of the hall. He opened the door to enter into a medium sized room. A bed lay against the wall on Jyharri’s left next to a window. The red sheets on the bed were spread smooth as silk usually was. A brown wooden dresser was placed in the right corner, six drawers lining the front. Jyharri sat his suitcase on his bed and peered out the window. Waves were hitting the shoreline of the island. A ding was heard throughout the dorm. Jyharri ran out of his room to see Brad opening the door. Outside the door were three boys, all seemingly sixteen or older. They all wore the Fire Red blazer with grey pants.

“We heard two first years are living here,” said the boy on the right, flipping his long blonde hair.

“Yeah,” said Brad. “So what if we’re first years?”

All first year students have to pass their dorm test,” explained the boy on the left. His black spiky hair made him look a porcupine.

“The ones who make the test are the fourth years,” said the short brown haired boy in the middle. He had a very heavy Australian accent when he spoke. “That’s us.”

“What’s this test then?” Jyharri asked. “Is it a battle?”

“No, it’s a scavenger hunt,” said the boy in the middle. “You can work with whoever you want and you can use your Pokémon too.”

The boy on the left handed Jyharri and Brad a list of items. As they scanned the list they saw a lot of unusual items.

“A Bone Club,” Jyharri read. “Only Cubone and Marowak hold those. How are we supposed to get one of those?”

“That isn’t for us to decide,” the boy on the right said.

“When you finish call us,” said the middle boy. “I’m Drake and this is James on the left and Cody on the right.”

“Call you on what though?” Brad asked.

“You’ll see,” Drake told him handing him a piece of paper with a number.

As the three fourth years left Bart put the number in his pocket and walked out of the room motioning for Jyharri to follow.

“Where are we going now?” Jyharri asked.

“To go get our schedules,” said Brad. “How did you forget?”

Jyharri scoffed and followed Brad to the elevator. The walk back to the main lobby seemed shorter than the walk to the dorm. Arriving in the lobby, the boys were greeted by the same robot that greeted them when they walked in about an hour ago except this time it had a smiley face on its screen. Looking around the lobby Jyharri spotted a girl leaning against the wall next to the door that led to the dock.

“Sydnie,” Jyharri called out surprised to see her.

“Took ya long enough,” she told him.

As she approached him she punched him in the arm.

“What was that for?” Jyharri asked, pretending he was hurt.

“I told you that I would meet up with you when we need to get our schedules,” she told him. “I’ve been here for forty minutes!”

“I’m sorry, we got held up,” he told her.

Sydnie gave him an ‘I don’t believe you’ look. Jyharri sighed and showed her the list.

“They gave you that too?” she asked.

“Who Drake,” Brad asked. “Yeah he gave it to us. That’s why we’re here now instead of forty minutes ago.”

Sydnie punched Brad in the arm now. “Don’t get smart with me.”

Brad smirked. He took another look at the list and walked off, waving goodbye to Jyharri and Sydnie. Jyharri turned and faced Sydnie, smiling.

“Why are you so happy?” Sydnie asked him.

“We made it,” Jyharri said. “We are at one of the most prestigious Academies in the country. Now let’s get started on this scavenger hunt.”

“Right,” said Sydnie as she nodded. “I think we should start from the top of the list and work our way down instead of going all over it.”

“Ok, first on the list is a seed pod,” Jyharri read from the list. “What is a seed pod?”

“I think they mean those yellow things on the backs of Sceptiles,” Sydnie guessed.

“Where are we supposed to find one of those?” Jyharri asked.

Sydnie pulled a round yellow orb out of her pocket and held it up to Jyharri’s face.

“Where did you get that?” he asked curiously.

“I have a Sceptile,” she explained. “I looked on the list before hand and got all the things on here I had before hand. I have this, and the Pecha Berries. I guess we should go look for the rest of the things.”

Jyharri smiled at Sydnie and led the way out of the lounge and to the docks. Once back on the main island Jyharri instantly went to the student store on the East side of the island. As he stepped into the store a smell of freshness entered his nose. The spotless floor, walls, and counters almost blinded Jyharri when he walked in.

“Welcome to the student store!” said a man around his thirties. “I’m Dan and I’m sure we will be seeing a lot of each other.”

Jyharri had noticed that Dan had a scar on his left cheek in the shape of a claw. Trying not to stare, Jyharri’s eyes darted to the side of Dan, now looking at the floor. All he could see of Dan out the corner of his eyes was his short silver hair.

“I’m Jyharri,” he introduced himself.

“Ahh, I’ve heard of you,” said Dan.

“Really?” Jyharri asked excitedly now looking Dan in the eyes.

“Yeah, you’re one of the kids who was in that battle on the ship,” Dan said. “They told me you were a troublemaker, but you don’t seem like it.”

“Thanks,” Jyharri said. “You wouldn’t happen to sell berries, would you?”

“Why yes we do,” said Dan stepping behind the counter.

As Dan bent down behind the counter, Jyharri heard a rapping noise. He turned towards the entrance to see Sydnie at the window. She seemed to be holding up a sack with some white powder in it. Jyharri held up one finger telling her to wait.

“What kind of berries do you need?” Dan asked, pulling up a silver container.

“Oran Berries,” Jyharri replied.

Dan pulled out a small key and opened the box and shook his head. “I’m sorry but we’re out.”

“Do you know where we can get some?” Jyharri asked.

“The south side of the island should have trees filled with them,” Dan told him.

“Thanks,” said Jyharri walking out of the store.

“Well?” Sydnie asked him when he walked out the store’s door.

“They were out, but the South side of the island should be packed with em,” Jyharri replied.

Jyharri turned on his heel and took off towards what he believed to be south.

“Almost there,” Jyharri said wheezing after running across the island for about thirteen minutes.

Trees were in his line of sight. They were about seven kilometer in front of him. As he reached the trees, Jyharri hunched over trying to catch his breath. Reaching up into the trees he pulled off about three red berries.

“Three Oran Berries,” Jyharri said to himself. “Perfect.”

Jyharri stored the berries in his right pocket and jogged back in the direction he came. After about six minutes he saw Sydnie and stopped her.

“Here,” he said, handing her the red berries.

“What are these for?” she asked.

“They’re the Oran Berries,” Jyharri told her.

“These are Tamato Berries,” Sydnie said, laughing.

“But I got them from the south side,” started Jyharri.

“You went north,” said Sydnie. “I wanted to see if you would act like all men and you did. You should have asked for directions.”

“Ah man!” Jyharri grunted sprinting in the opposite direction he went.

Having reached the south side in about twenty minutes, the sun had begun to go down.

“It’s almost sun set,” Jyharri told himself, picking the Oran Berries off the trees. “I got my three.”

As Jyharri was about to leave he remembered Dan. He remembered that his shop didn’t have any Oran Berries.

“Ah man, why do I have to do the right thing?” Jyharri asked himself as he pulled out his shirt and started to fill his shirt with Oran Berries.

By the time Jyharri had gotten back to Dan’s shop, the sun was almost not visible. Jyharri knocked on the shop door with his elbow.

“Dan,” Jyharri called out towards the shop. “It’s Jyharri.”

The door slowly opened to reveal the silver haired man with a smile on his face. “Yes?”

“I brought you these Oran Berries,” Jyharri said, showing the Berries in his shirt.

“Thank you so much,” Dan said. “You saved me a trip to the south side of the island. Now I won’t have to deal with those mean, Neanderthals that we call third year students.”

“E-excuse me mean?” Jyharri asked.

“Oh yeah,” said Dan. “There is this group of five third year students who claim they rule the south side of this island. They say whoever steps foot on their side is going to have something terrible happen to them.”

“What exactly is t-these terrible things?” Jyharri asked, stuttering.

“Well, last year, when they were second years, one first year student stumbled his way into their territory and the next day all that was found was his underwear and homework.”

Jyharri’s jaw dropped, as well as the Oran Berries he was holding. The berries splattered the ground where Jyharri stood, turning it blue.

“I got to go,” Jyharri said. “I’ll see ya soon though.”

As soon as Jyharri walked about three meters he started to run towards the dock at the middle of the island. Dodging people and plants alike, Jyharri made it to the main building before bumping into four shadow-like figures, all taller than him by at least a head. As Jyharri regained his vision, he looked them up and down and saw that three of the people he bumped into were in Ocean Blue and the other in Thunder Yellow.

“We heard you were on our side of the island little red,” said a voice from behind Jyharri.

Jyharri wheeled around and was now face to chest with a big Leaf Green third year. His shoulder length blonde hair blew in the little breeze that picked up. The size of his hands were the almost a quarter the size of Jyharri’s. His green eyes pierced through Jyharri like a sharp spear.

“I see you are speechless so I’ll start the introductions,” the Leaf Green student said. “My name is Chad.”

Jyharri tried to speak, but all that came out was a little stutter. What are they going to do to me? Jyharri thought nervously. I can’t believe I’m going to die my first day.
“Here’s how it goes down here,” Chad started. “You step foot on our side and we beat you within an inch of your life. You do it again and the same thing will happen until you get what we are trying to say.”

Laughter and cracking knuckles were heard all around Jyharri. Not even noticing, the group surrounded him!

“Ready boys,” Chad said. “Let’s teach little red a lesson!”

As all the older boys lunged at Jyharri, he closed his eyes tight. After a couple of seconds Jyharri had wondered why the pain hadn’t hit him yet. When Jyharri opened his eyes he saw that boys were less than inches from him but stopped.

“You have nothing to worry about,” said a voice close to Jyharri.

After looking around for a bit he saw that Drake was standing a few meters from them, a floating Pokémon next to him. It had a somewhat fox-like appearance. As its gold body floated in the air, its legs stayed crossed. Its long gold mustache came down passed its silver spoon holding hands to its knees.

“Drake,” Jyharri said as he ran from the middle of the group to his new friend. “How are they stopped?”

“My Alakazam has them in his Psychic attack,” said Drake. “They’re not going anywhere until I want them to. You better get back to the dorm.”

“Thanks Drake,” said Jyharri as he ran towards the harbor.

As Jyharri stepped into the Fire Red lounge a fist hit him in his arm. Jyharri turned to see Sydnie with an angry look on her face.

“Where were you?” she asked him angrily.

“I was out getting the Oran Berries,” he told her as he pulled the blue berries out of his pocket.

“Well, did something happen to you because you took a long time,” Sydnie asked now looking concerned.

Jyharri saw this worry in her face. “No, nothing happened,” he lied.

“Well that’s good,” Sydnie said now smiling. “Here, I got this for you.”

Sydnie put into Jyharri’s hand a paper and a device that resembled a cell phone.

“What are these?” Jyharri asked.

“Your schedule and school PDA,” she explained. “With the PDA you can call, and text anyone on the campus. You can also manage your calendar with your daily schedule and everything. I already registered my number in there.”

“That’s pretty sweet,” said Jyharri examining the PDA.

“Also I checked your schedule and we have Battle Skills, Catching Pokémon 101, and lunch together,” Sydnie told him.

“Right,” said Jyharri. “Well it’s been a long day and I think we should both get some-“

Before Jyharri could finish his sentence the front doors slid open and Drake fell onto the floor, his shirt and face bloody. Jyharri and Sydnie rushed towards him and bent down next to him. His breathing was very slow.

“Sydnie go get a nurse!” Jyharri shouted.

As Sydnie took off into a hallway Drake smiled.

“I’m ok,” he said. “I just need a cloth, some cool water, and my bed.”

As Drake tried to stand up he started to fall again only to have Jyharri catch him.

“Nonsense,” Jyharri told him. “We’re going to get you help.”

Just then a ringing noise was heard. Jyharri looked around and figured out it was his PDA. Someone had just sent him a text message.

“Who is it from?” Jyharri asked himself.

As Jyharri looked at his PDA it did not tell him who sent him the message. As he read it Jyharri was shocked. The message read, “You’re next little red.”

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Seems really good, Shadow. This is a good concept and I like the scavenger hunt idea. These people after Jyharri, oh dear. Can't wait for the next chapter! Keep up the good work!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
uh, oh... little Red ought to watch his step...

Third years must have some mean as they come pokemon to level an alakazam... or was it a kadabra?

Anyways, this treasure hunt thing seemed like a weird sort of test. it's almost as if they're setting freshmen up for te the third years...

I still don't get why Jyharri freaked out. He has a freaking Zangoose...

a Zangoose, man... do youknow how badass those things are? They make Pokemon Capture 101 look tame.

anywho, this was a well executed chapter, and a nice near year's chappie.

Got to go... L@er!

Torpoleon

Litle Red should have some tough bodygurds with him.Poor Drake. Great Chapter! I can't wait for Chapter 4!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I really like this story, love the names of the buildings, and the theme in general. Just a quick question..... Why does the main character have such an abnormal name compared to more common names like Brandon and Sophie? No offense to that name, it just occured to me after reading into a few chapters. Also if there is a PM list, for when a new chapter is posted, please add me to it. keep up the good work.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I really like this story, love the names of the buildings, and the theme in general. Just a quick question..... Why does the main character have such an abnormal name compared to more common names like Brandon and Sophie? No offense to that name, it just occured to me after reading into a few chapters. Also if there is a PM list, for when a new chapter is posted, please add me to it. keep up the good work.

The character's names are names of people I know in real life. Not necessarily are the alike to their real life counterparts, but they are named after them. Being that I named my main character after myself. The abnormal name is mine. My mom ws Muslim

Aura Master

Smell of Success
new chapter1 YAYYYYY....alrighty not much went on here....just some bullies D:

if i were Jyharri i would of went to that so called "owned island" and id say "if you dont want to be burned to a crisp by my Charazard......run like hell.." tho he might get kicked out of there o_O.

anyways good chapter :D