• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I decided to give this story a go-through, and I'm liking it so far. There are a couple things I want to mention, though.

As some previous reviewers have said, it seems a bit odd that trainers as experienced as the characters in this story feel a need to attend a Pokemon Academy. This especially due to the fact that, based on some of the answers that Jyharri's teachers expect, this school seems to have a fairly closed-minded view on Pokemon training.

Then there's the aftermath of the Jyharri vs. Sydnie battle. It just strikes me as strange that a school specifically for Pokemon Training is not built to be able to withstand a Pokemon Battle. And then there are the unreasonable demands the Headmaster made of Jyharri afterwards; after all, it was mind-numbingly obvious that the damage was Sydnie's fault as well, and that said damage was due to a Pokemon Battle, something that the school, I would think, is supposed to condone. That said, I would think that Jyharri would have at least gotten more options than a "Get me 1500 dollars or I break your kneecaps".

There were a couple other things in the most recent chapter. The most blatant of these is that, despite having one as the main character's most often used Pokemon, you appear to have forgotten Zangoose's Immunity ability, which meant that the way he lost to Nidorino should not have happened. The reaction of the spectators immediately after the battle(I'd almost go as far to say during the battle as well) also seems unrealistic; considering how you've spent the last several chapters emphasizing how one-sided a battle between a first-year and a fourth-year should be, you would think that Jyharri would have gotten at least some support considering how close he managed to come to actually winning.

Thank you for being the first new reader to actually review my fan fiction. The thing about the school being close minded, you know how some adults are; not knowing the potential of the students. Take a look at Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. About the money thing, well you'll find out later.

I completely forgot about Zangoose's ability to be honest XD You would think I would have remembered Zangoose being one of my favorites. The whole point of the battle was to show Jyharri there is more than one way to win a battle other than brute force. As to the crowd's reaction, it was to knock him down a few pegs. Haven't you noticed his arrogance? Even I got tired of him and wanted to stick it to him but I let Drake handle it. You sees I told Jyharri knock off that cockiness or I'm gonna shove my foot in your throat.

I wanted these students to be the elite. Not too elite so they don't need to train of course. I mean the first years are supposed to be good, but then fourth years are supposed to be on an entirely different level. You get what I'm saying?

Once again I thank you for the review. This post was only for clarification. Did you want to be on the PM list?

ilocar

I was iritated when that whole jessica thing came out of no where but then she acts all b****y with the "I was using you" crap. poor Jyharri, he annoys me to no end with his pompousness but no one deserves that.

I do have one qualm if I'm not mistaken Jyharri and Sydnie are just freinds(mutual desire for eachother aside.) guys and girls who are friends do hug but they don't hug all the time and they definately don't hug randomly out of the blue, its more of a "see you tomorrow" or "hey good to see you again"

I like the fact that that the classes are easy but I think that there should be something Jyharri doesn't already know. The gender bender chapte was hillarious I lmao'd, can't wait for the next chapter.

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Well, ilocar, the one point I'll agree with you on aside the gender bender issue (which was funny as hell) is the fact that there should be soomething Jyharri doesn't know about training taught at the school. it'd make more sense if he were a teaching assistant rather than a first first year.

The whole 'Zangoose+ poisoned = phailed reason) has been hit already so I won't go there. But concerning Zangoose, and Jigglypuff, I have no idea whathappened. Pokemon can learn up to four techniques, SL. FOUR. Zangoose used Cruch Claw, Slash, Thunderbolt, Quick Attack and Flamethrower... in one battle. Jigglypuff owned Eevee with Hyper Voice, Body Slam, Double Slap, Solarbeam and an Electric attack of sorts. Are these kids using action replays or something? You can't deny the laws of Pokemon Battle mechanics if you write a Pokemon fanfiction.

Oh and last time a battle occured in the cafeteria, the offender damaged property. I dunno about you, but when a pokemon like Jigglypuff uses Hyper Voice, some glass is gonna break. did school Administration wise up or something after Jyharri and Sydnie's battle or what?

Plus Jyharri ... oh, you've already said he's a stuck up jerkwad. OK, that's cool.

Well, it was an interesting chapter, tro be sure, and the absence of grammar errors made it fun, fun, fun!

L@er!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
The whole 'Zangoose+ poisoned = phailed reason) has been hit already so I won't go there.

I said I forgot *cries* I can't get a break!

But concerning Zangoose, and Jigglypuff, I have no idea whathappened. Pokemon can learn up to four techniques, SL. FOUR. Zangoose used Cruch Claw, Slash, Thunderbolt, Quick Attack and Flamethrower... in one battle. Jigglypuff owned Eevee with Hyper Voice, Body Slam, Double Slap, Solarbeam and an Electric attack of sorts. Are these kids using action replays or something? You can't deny the laws of Pokemon Battle mechanics if you write a Pokemon fanfiction.

I try to base my fanfiction off of the anime and we have seen the Pokemon in the anime use a plethora of moves, rising above four. Even though most wouldn't say it is a good example, take Ash's Pikachu. Recently we have seen it use Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle, and Quick Attack. If I'm not mistaken that is five, but I'll take the attacks down a notch.

Plus Jyharri ... oh, you've already said he's a stuck up jerkwad. OK, that's cool.

Lmao. I tried to emulate this through his character if you haven't noticed.

P.S I don't think Jyharri has actually answered a question right, at least what the teacher deems as right, yet. If I recall he has only answered one question and got it wrong @_@

P.S.S Some major character development coming in the next chapter. I think we all know who said character is.

Last edited:

BladedScizor

Pokemon can learn up to four techniques, SL. FOUR. Zangoose used Cruch Claw, Slash, Thunderbolt, Quick Attack and Flamethrower... in one battle. Jigglypuff owned Eevee with Hyper Voice, Body Slam, Double Slap, Solarbeam and an Electric attack of sorts. Are these kids using action replays or something? You can't deny the laws of Pokemon Battle mechanics if you write a Pokemon fanfiction.

Uh, I don't get what's up here; why do people even say this? The four-move rule only exists in the games, and that's only because 1.) There wouldn't be as much strategy required if players could put all the attacks they want on their Pokemon, and 2.) I don't think there'd be enough memory on the game cartridge for all of the Pokemon that could be stored if each Pokemon had more than four moves.

In the anime(and fanfiction based worlds), these limitations don't exist. As a matter of fact, the four-move rule makes absolutely no sense in an anime or fanfiction-based world. I mean seriously, you expect me to believe that these creatures can only remember four different attacks at a time?

No need to tone down on the differing attacks, Shadow Lucario.

Evil_Lord

Excellent new chapter Shadow, really enjoyed it. Jyharri actually lost, awesome. I'm loving your battle scenes and I don't think that the amount of moves need to be decreased, looking forward to the next chapter.

I did it~!

So I finally got around to reading the chapters! I liked it but The main character still seems highly unrealistic. He's just too good. But, hey, man, whatever you wanna do... I guess I shouldn't complain anyway, especially if I get to get in on some of the action! XD

ilocar

Yeah, I don't really care if they have 4 attacks or four-thousand, Don't expect me to critique your grammar if you've not already notice my grammar is aweful. I can't wait for some character dev, thats my kinda thing to critique. esspecially romance.

in my opinion the teacher's question didn't have only one answer and Jyharri's answer in my opinion satisfactory. that is to say that from my stand point Jyharri hasn't given a truly wrong answer. I'd like to see him sweat over midterms or something. and what I'd really like to see is Sydnie kicking his sorry butt.

@Air Dragon: you don't agree with me on the hugging business?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Yeah, I don't really care if they have 4 attacks or four-thousand, Don't expect me to critique your grammar if you've not already notice my grammar is aweful. I can't wait for some character dev, thats my kinda thing to critique. esspecially romance.

in my opinion the teacher's question didn't have only one answer and Jyharri's answer in my opinion satisfactory. that is to say that from my stand point Jyharri hasn't given a truly wrong answer. I'd like to see him sweat over midterms or something. and what I'd really like to see is Sydnie kicking his sorry butt.

@Air Dragon: you don't agree with me on the hugging business?

Thanks for the feedback. Where I live girls and guys will hug to say hello and goodbye on a daily basis if they are friends. I don't know how things work in other countries but that is how it is here in the USA

ilocar

I live in the epitome of the US, maybe once or twice a day but not every passing period, esspecially considering they hang out at lunch and LIVE in the the same building.

Last edited:

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Hello readers! I do not have the newest chapter for you guys, but I do have an update. In the first post I have made a chapter list. This list contains all the chapters posted so far as well as the dates they were posted. There are links to the chapters so if you feel nostalgic you can click the links to view older chapters. Also in the list are future planned chapters. You can check that out and try to guess what will happen in the future. In the near future I plan to post a biography of all the characters introduced so far. I was inspired to do this by Buraddo_Aipom and have gained his permission to do so (make sure to check out his fan fiction The Sapphire Story).

These biographies will go into detail and will explain the characters even more. No spoilers will be in these biographies, but information you know will be in there in great detail. I believe that is all I have to say. Chapter 10 is being worked on and will be posted soon. Most likely Sunday at the latest. I hope I can get it up before then, but the latest I can promise is Sunday.

Until next time, I'm out

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Sorry about the double post! Hey there readers! I know I promised the chapter yesterday, but my biggest foe defeated me! That foe is called....Procrastination! Luckily I have defeated him! In this chapter a new character is introduced. Haven't said that in a while. I am currently working on the character's biographies. I will have them up when I am finished with them. Have you been wondering what Pokemon some of the characters have? Well in this chapter one Pokemon is revealed belonging to one of the characters whose team has yet to be shown. I believe I have said enough. Enjoi!

Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Chapter 10: A Debt to the School! Jyharri vs Headmistress!

“Come in.”

A knock was heard at the headmistress’s door. As she was filling out paperwork, Jyharri stepped in. Taylor sighed as she saw the familiar face.

“What is it this time Jyharri?” she asked.

“You told me to have the money ready today,” Jyharri reminded her.

“That’s right,” said Taylor after thinking for a little. “Do you have it?”

“Well,” Jyharri started, “I have $300. I was wondering if I could get an extension.”

The headmistress spun in her chair to face the window behind her desk. The sun had started to go down, signaling the end of the day. The sky had turned a shade of orange, the sun almost completely behind the mountain range on the horizon. Being right next to the water, the room was quite cool. Waves splashed up against the shore, spraying a mist onto the Pokémon resting on the beach.

“I can’t do that,” said Taylor. “You wouldn’t learn your lesson.”

“Aw man!” Jyharri said as he snapped his fingers.

“On the other hand,” Taylor said as she spun in her chair to face Jyharri, “I could make a deal with you.”

“What kind of bet?” Jyharri asked cautiously.

“We battle,” started Taylor, “and if you win then I’ll accept the $300, but if I win you must leave the academy immediately!”

Jyharri gulped as he heard the bet. It was risky, but he had to try right?

“You’ve got yourself a deal!” Jyharri accepted.

The headmistress stood, pulling out a remote. After clicking the blue button on the middle her desk was brought down into the floor via a secret door. The back wall pushed itself outwards, extending the room length. Bookshelves were flipped revealing steel plating on the back. The roof collapsed in two, falling to the sides. The room became warm as the roof was taken down.

“One Pokémon apiece,” Taylor said as she took out a Pokéball.

“That’s all I’ll need,” said Jyharri as he pulled out his own.

“Empoleon, I need your assistance!” Taylor yelled throwing her Pokéball.

Jyharri jumped out of the way of the brilliant white light. As it hit the ground it materialized into a large penguin-like Pokémon. Its wings, tipped with blue metal, looked as strong as the steel on the bookshelves. Its most prominent feature was the three-horned trident-like crest that extended from its beak.

“Hmph,” Jyharri scoffed, “Charizard, standby!”

Jyharri’s Charizard emerged from his Pokéball with a loud growl. Immediately Empoleon and Charizard stared each other down. Charizard scoffed at Empoleon, waving his claw in front of him. Empoleon threw an agitated look at Charizard, obviously falling for the trick.

“Empoleon, use Bubble!” Taylor started.

Empoleon drew in a huge breath. Breathing out, he released several small bubbles. They floated towards Charizard very slowly.

“Pop those bubbles!” Jyharri said half laughing.

Charizard raised his left claw and popped each bubble with a small poke. Charizard yawned, obviously bored already. Empoleon dashed at Charizard and raised his wings. Empoleon’s wings started to glow in mid-run. Charizard flapped his wings, blowing Empoleon back.

“Show them a real Steel Wing,” Jyharri ordered.

Charizard hovered above the ground, his wings flapping. As his wings started to glow Charizard flew straight towards Empoleon. As the Water/Steel type attempted to dodge, one of Charizard’s wings caught him in the side.

“Empoleon counter with a Bubblebeam!” Taylor cried.

After taking in a big breath, Empoleon shot a barrage of bubbles at the Fire Type. Charizard curved around his trainer and skillfully dodged the bubbles. Water soaked the floor as the bubbles collided into the wall behind Jyharri.

“Try a Peck attack,” Taylor suggested.

Empoleon’s beak was what started to glow now. It even increased in size a little. As Empoleon dashed towards Charizard, the Fire type landed. Empoleon jumped and dove down towards Charizard.

“Dodge it,” Jyharri reacted.

Charizard side stepped, allowing Empoleon to crash into the floor. Empoleon attempted to get back up, but failed to do so. His beak got stuck into the floor!

“Oh no,” Taylor cried.

“Hit him with Focus Punch!” shouted Jyharri as he punched the air.

Charizard balled his right claw into a fist. It started to glow a bright white. Empoleon kept trying to get out of the way, but no luck. Charizard jumped forward, punching Empoleon in the same side it was hit with Steel Wing.

“Super Effective!” yelled Jyharri.

The force of the punch pulled Empoleon out of the ground, knocking him into a bookshelf.

“Empoleon,” Taylor yelled. “Catch it!”

Empoleon’s attention was drawn to his trainer as she tossed something blue in his direction. Empoleon caught it in his claw under the wing and started to munch on whatever it was.

“Hey!” Jyharri yelled. “No fair!”

“That is very fair,” said Taylor wagging one of her fingers at Jyharri. “If you have a berry then your Pokémon can eat it. If you stayed awake in class you would know that.”

Empoleon stood, looking like nothing happened to him. The dual Water/Steel type assumed a fighting position, ready for round two. Charizard started to breathe heavily, tired out from all the attacks and dodging.

“Hit him with Bubblebeam!” Taylor commanded.

The same barrage of bubbles fired out from Empoleon’s beak, colliding with Charizard. The Fire type fell to one knee, breathing heavily still. Empoleon dashed at Charizard, the tips of his wings glowing. The ends of his wings came down, crashing into Charizard’s shoulders. Instantly Charizard was knocked onto the ground. Empoleon jumped back, a smirk on his face.

“Charizard,” Jyharri cried.

Slowly Jyharri’s Pokémon stood up. A shocked look replaced Empoleon’s confident one. As soon as Charizard was on his feet Empoleon dashed forward, trying for another Metal Claw. Charizard saw this coming and spun around. Charizard’s thick tail smacked Empoleon in the gut, knocking the wind out of him. Being knocked back to his trainer, the Water type stood holding his gut, breathing heavily.

“Let’s use a Wing Attack,” Jyharri told Charizard.

Charizard once again flapped his wings and then proceeded to fly at Empoleon, wings glowing. Empoleon jumped at Charizard, his own wings glowing. The two pairs of wings clashed causing an exploding sound to follow. Both Pokémon slid back to their respective trainers. Charizard took in a huge breath, Empoleon doing the same. Each Pokémon released their best elemental attacks. For Charizard a stream of flames exploded from his mouth while a jet stream of water was released from Empoleon’s mouth. The two attacks collided, mist starting to fill the room.

“Be careful Charizard,” Jyharri warned him.

Charizard nodded and attempted to look through the mist. Suddenly barrages of bubbles were fired from the other side of the mist. They barely missed Charizard’s head by a couple centimeters. Charizard flapped his wings, dispersing the mist. Empoleon came into view his wings glowing once more.

“Let’s switch it up,” Taylor suggested. “Fire a Hydro Cannon!”

A medium sized ball of water formed in Empoleon’s mouth. Increasing in size, the ball became the size of a big bouncy ball. Smaller waves of water formed around the ball. The water ball shot out of Empoleon’s mouth at a high speed, heading straight towards Charizard. Having no time to react, Charizard flew up again, over the attack. As soon as the attack collided into the wall Charizard zoomed straight for Empoleon. Charizard balled his right claw into a fist which proceeded to start glowing.

“Empoleon stop him!” Taylor cried quickly.

Empoleon shot out many bubbles, but Charizard dodged them all. As a last resort Empoleon swung his glowing wings at Charizard. Quickly dodging the attacks, Charizard punched Empoleon in the gut. The blow was heavy, knocking Empoleon off his feet. The Water type fell to the ground, holding his gut.

“Finish this with Flamethrower!” Jyharri shouted punching the air.

Charizard flew into the air above Empoleon, taking in a huge breath. Blowing out, a stream of flames shot out, igniting Empoleon. Cries of pain were heard from the Pokémon. When the flames dispersed Empoleon was laying on his side, unconscious. Taylor looked down at her Pokémon with a shocked look.

“Looks like I don’t have to get $1200,” Jyharri cheered.

“Looks like I should have spent more time training,” Taylor said as she recalled Empoleon.

“What do you mean?” Jyharri asked, recalling his Charizard.

“I haven’t battled with Empoleon since I was thirteen,” Taylor admitted. “I am now thirty-three years old.”

“So I beat someone who hasn’t battled in over twenty years?” Jyharri asked disappointed.

“Yup,” Taylor said proudly. “Battling wasn’t in the job description. Besides, I was joking. You didn’t have to get me $1500.”

Jyharri’s jaw dropped. “Then why did you tell me that?!”

“I didn’t think you would fall for it,” Taylor said with a chuckle.

Throughout the school a bell was heard. This bell signaled that lunch was over.

“Well, time for you to get to class. I’ve got some paperwork to attend to.”
----------------------------------------------
“Go to class. No chance.”

After leaving the headmistress’ office Jyharri started to wander around the halls. A bell rang to say, “You students have one minute to get to class.” Many students started to run through the halls, not wanting to be late. Jyharri casually walked down the hall.

“Jyharri!” a voice called out.

Jyharri looked around to find who called for him, but he couldn’t find them. After another call Jyharri saw that it was Genevieve who was calling out to him. Situated across the hall, Jyharri pushed his way through small crowds to reach her.

“Hey Genevieve,” Jyharri greeted her. “How are you doing?”

“I’m good,” she replied. “I’ve just been trying to train a little for the tournament.”

“You’re entering?” Jyharri asked surprised.

Genevieve nodded in reply. “I heard the prize was a bunch of money.”

“Well looks like we might have to battle,” Jyharri chuckled. “I’m entering too.”

“I hope I don’t have to battle you,” Genevieve said quietly, almost silent.

“What was that?” Jyharri asked.

“Nothing,” she said quickly. “I got to go.”

Genevieve proceeded to close her locker and took off towards her classroom. Jyharri smiled as he shook his head. The final bell rang making students sprint to class. Jyharri simply put his hands into his pockets and continued down the hall. Around a corner he saw two shadows in a bright yellow light. Looking around the corner he saw another familiar face, two to be exact. Brandon was having his Electabuzz fire bolts of lightning at a locker door.

“Turning to theft are we?” Jyharri asked as he rounded the corner. “Just because Brianna kicked you in your children that doesn’t mean you have to become a thief.”

“She forgave me,” Brandon said. “Besides, I’m trying to fix this locker. I was showing off my Electabuzz and I told him to show everyone the move we were working on and it broke off the door.”

“How troublesome,” said Jyharri.

“Got it,” Brandon exclaimed. “What are you doing in the hall? Aren’t you supposed to be in class?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be in class?” Jyharri retorted.

“Good point,” Brandon said.

“I was going to go rest under a tree in the shade,” Jyharri told him. “You can join me if you want.”

Brandon nodded as he recalled his Electabuzz. The two boys walked through the halls telling tales of when they were young. As they neared an exit a classroom door opened. Quickly the boys hid behind a wall, waiting for someone to come out. A girl left the room, long black hair flowing behind her. She wore a blue blazer, matching her sparkling blue eyes and blue jeans. She had a look of anger on her face, one that said, “I’m ******.” She had a piece of paper in her hand; most likely a pass to the headmistress’ office. Jyharri gave a sigh of relief. He jumped out from behind the wall, startling the girl.

“Hey there,” said Jyharri with a smile.

“Um, hi?” she said almost questioningly.

“What were you sent out for?” Jyharri asked.

“I don’t think that is any of your business,” she replied coldly.

Jyharri scoffed. “Don’t get an attitude with me girlfriend. I was just asking.”

“Well don’t,” she told him.

“Hey calm down,” Brandon said coming out from behind the wall. “He just asked a simple question.”

As soon as she laid her eyes on Brandon she fell silent, her eyes not leaving him. Her mouth hung open revealing her straight teeth. She shook her head and held out her hand towards Brandon.

“I’m Megan,” she introduced herself seductively, “a second year Ocean Blue. What’s your name?”

“I’m Brandon,” he told her. “I’m a first year Lightning Yellow.”

“And I’m,” Jyharri started.

“No one cares who you are,” Megan said rudely pushing him out of the way, walking closer to Brandon. “So where are you headed to?”

“Well we were going to go and rest under a tree,” Brandon informed her. “Want to join?”

“Sure,” she replied.

“What if I don’t want her to join?” Jyharri asked.

“Well too bad,” said Megan. “You’ll have to deal with it.”

“Whoa, put the claws away kitty,” Jyharri said as he held up his hands.

Megan scowled at him as she turned around and linked arms with Brandon. The pair walked ahead as Jyharri walked behind them, with his hands in his pockets as usual. As they exited the building, they noticed that the campus was empty. The only thing that was apparent was the Pokémon that lived near the campus and wandered onto it. The sun was in the middle of the sky, being noon. After wandering around the school’s campus for about fifteen minutes, the three students found an enormous oak tree next to a river towards the back of campus. A cliff jutted out from a mountain behind them. Scaling it would be hard even for the most skilled climbers. Jyharri lay under the tree, eyes closed, while Megan tried to make advances on Brandon to be subsequently declined. However this didn’t stop her from trying. After another twenty minutes had gone by the two had sat down and started to enjoy the shade. Out of nowhere a breeze picked up. First it had started small until it turned into a big gust of wind. Jyharri felt the wind running through his hair and enjoyed it. It was nice to let your hair do- wait a minute. Didn’t he wear a hat? Jyharri bolted upright and felt the top of his head. His hat was gone!

Looking around he spotted the red and black hat rolling towards the river. He jumped up and dashed towards his hat. Right before it rolled into the river, Jyharri jumped after it. Suddenly the hat turned and started towards the cliff. Jyharri fell into the river still hatless. Howls of laughter were heard from Megan’s mouth. Ignoring her Jyharri jumped out of the river and ran after his hat. Stopping right before the cliff, Jyharri picked it up and firmly put it back on top of his head.

“Much better,” said Jyharri. “What is that?”

A whizzing noise made itself known above him. As soon as he looked up he saw blackness. A throbbing appeared in Jyharri’s head. As he opened his eyes he saw Brandon and Megan sitting next to him, the latter laughing uncontrollably.

“What happened?” Jyharri asked holding his head as he sat up.

“You got hit in the face with an egg,” Brandon told him.

“Huh?” Jyharri asked dazed.

Brandon pointed to his side and sure enough it was an egg. This egg was blue in color, a black stripe at the bottom. It was about thirteen inches in length.

“Where did it come from?” Jyharri asked.

“My guess is the top of that cliff,” said Brandon. “Its parents are probably worried sick. I wish I had a flying Pokémon to check it out.”

“Leave that to me cutie,” Megan told him as she pulled out a Pokéball. “Pidgey take to the sky!”

Out of the Pokéball came a small bird. It was brown and tan in color. Its small beak made it look harmless. The beak itself was dark purple.

“Go check and see if there are any blue and/or black Pokémon on top of that cliff,” Megan told her.

Pidgey nodded and took off. After about four minutes Pidgey returned and shook her head.

“Looks like there isn’t any parent Pokémon after all,” Brandon said. “Maybe they’re higher up.”

Hearing this Pidgey took off once more. As Pidgey flew off Megan moved closer to Brandon. Brandon immediately backed away. This process continued for quite some time. After thirty minutes Pidgey returned breathing heavily.

“Did you find them Pidgey?” Megan asked.

Like before, Pidgey shook her head.

“Well,” said Brandon, “looks like the egg is yours. It seems like its parents ditched it.”

“I wonder where it came from. Eggs just don’t fall out of the sky,” Jyharri said looking the egg over.

“Don’t get too close or the egg will hit you again,” Megan said while laughing.

Jyharri threw her a dirty look and stood up, picking up the egg. As he stood a bell sounded across campus. Class was over and it was time to go back to the dorms. Kids flooded the campus, some running, some not. As Sydnie caught sight of Jyharri she waved, making her way to him. When she neared him she noticed the egg.

“What is that?” she asked.

“An egg obviously,” said Megan.

“Who are you?” Sydnie asked irritated by Megan’s response.

“I’m Megan,” she told Sydnie, “and you are?”

“I’m Sydnie,” Sydnie replied, “not pleased to meet you.”

“Like I’ve never heard that one before,” Megan said sarcastically. “Well I’m going back to my room. I’ll see you again right Brandon?”

“Um, sure,” said Brandon.

Walking off, Megan disappeared into the crowd. Brandon followed suit after saying his goodbyes. Walking back to the Fire Red dorm was a silent trip for Jyharri and Sydnie. Neither one said a word or made a sound. While on the boat all they did was exchange glances. When they reached the lobby a blur blew right by them. Jyharri was knocked off balance while Sydnie was knocked off of her feet.

“Are you all right?” Jyharri asked holding out a hand.

“I’m fine,” she answered. “I can get up on my own. What was that?”

“Sorry!” called a voice.

It was Jessica. Next to her stood a purple bat-like Pokémon, its wings blue in color. Its tongue stuck out of its mouth at a sideways angle.

“Just training my Gligar in speed,” she said.

With that she was off. She ran off towards the dormant volcano behind the Fire Red dorms.

“So, where did you find that?” Sydnie asked.

“Find what?” he asked.

Sydnie pointed down at the egg in his arms. “What else?”

“Oh, this,” said Jyharri holding up the egg. “Well actually it found me.”

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“Forget about it. So, do you want to train together tomorrow? I mean it is Saturday.”

“I’ll have to think about it,” said Sydnie with a smile.

Jyharri returned the smile. “If you decide that you want to join me then give me a ring.”

Sydnie nodded and walked off towards the girl dorms. Jyharri shook his head with a little chuckle. As he continued on towards his room he felt a surge of energy. Becoming dizzy he noticed a bright flash. He looked at the egg amazed.

“I have got to look this up,” said Jyharri as he ran to his room.

Blasting through the door Bart jumped when Jyharri entered. Jyharri ran into Bart’s room and returned with two things in his hands.

“Where did you get the egg and why do you have my laptop?” Bart asked.

“I have to look something up,” Jyharri told him as he opened the laptop.

After waiting for the desktop to load, five minutes later Jyharri clicked on the icon for the Internet browser. Navigating to the address bar he typed in Google. After hitting the Go icon the familiar crazy letters that Google usually had appeared. Jyharri clicked in the search bar and typed, “What does it mean when your egg flashes?”

Thousands of results popped up. Jyharri decided to click on the first one. The page loaded to a forum site. The page was brought to a thread talking about what happens when your light bulbs flash. Annoyed, Jyharri clicked back and read the title before clicking on it. When he found a line that had the same question he was asking he hurriedly clicked it. Reading through he found the answer.

“So this thing could hatch three weeks to a month from now?” Jyharri asked himself.

“That’s what it says,” said Bart appearing behind him.

Jyharri jumped, almost dropping the egg. “Don’t do that!”

“Well I’m going out,” said Bart. “Put my laptop back when you’re done.”

As soon as Bart left Jyharri returned his laptop to its original spot in Bart’s room. Migrating to his own room Jyharri made a little nest out of sheets and blankets from his room. After setting the egg in it he sat down and watched it. Becoming bored Jyharri had fallen asleep. Waking up he noticed the room was bright, despite the lights being off. After rubbing his eyes Jyharri looked towards the egg. To his surprise it flashed again. Remembering what it said on the Internet about flashing was that if it flashed once a day it would hatch about a month later. If it flashed twice then it would hatch within the month. If it flashed three times-

Jyharri’s train of thought was interrupted once more. The egg flashed once more before it became dark. “It flashed one, two, three,” said Jyharri counting the times he saw it flash, “three times.”

Jyharri’s mouth hung open. If it flashedthree times...it would hatch in two weeks.

Evil_Lord

Great new chapter, SL a nice new chapter and character. I like the idea of a trainer throwing the berry to the pokemon. Lol, her Empoleon fails(bubble).

Shikamio

I feel bad for Jyharri, instant hate from Megan.
I can't wait to see what comes out of the egg. o_-

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
sorry, ilocar, missed that part (on the hugging) Yh, i totally agree.

On topic: What's with everybody having a need to battle Jyharri anyways? And for a joke, the Headmistress has a rather expensive sense of humor doesn't she? Either way... Empoleon shouldn't have lost. Seriously.

And no, I'm not an Empoleon fan or whatever. Even if Taylor hadn't trained it for what, twenty years? Jyharri couldn't have been a trainer longer that Taylor had been. An Empoleon that was experienced enough to learn Hydro Cannon shouldn't have lost to a Charizard, even with Focus Punch.

Call me a hater if you like. You know you need them. We all do.

Jyharri also seems to be having things a little too easily. An egg? Just like that?! Are you kidding me? Sorry, but this seems a little too fortunate to me... just saying.

Yay for more Genevieve and oh, lookie... another chick hates Jyharri. Oh, joy. Well, it can't be worse than all of them loving him *shudders at the thought*

Gotta go. L@er!

Last edited:

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard

On topic: What's with everybody having a need to battle Jyharri anyways? And for a joke, the Headmistress has a rather expensive sense of humor doesn't she? Either way... Empoleon shouldn't have lost. Seriously.

And no, I'm not an Empoleon fan or whatever. Even if Taylor hadn't trained it for what, twenty years? Jyharri couldn't have been a trainer longer that Taylor had been. An Empoleon that was experienced enough to learn Hydro Cannon shouldn't have lost to a Charizard, even with Focus Punch.

If you recall Taylor stated she hadn't used Empoleon in twenty years. Her current age is thirty-three. If we subtract we get thirteen. She would have had Empoleon for a minimum of three years, depending on when it evolved. Jyharri is currently sixteen. That means he would have had Charizard for at least three more years than Taylor had Empoleon, again depending on when it evolved. Just some clarification. I should have been clear on the ages. Every grade is about the same age if not a little younger and older. Yes we all need our haters. I love my haters because without them how can I be the awesome me...XD Just kidding. Don't want to sound like Jyharri now. You know I still love you Air Dragon (No homo)

Jyharri also seems to be having things a little too easily. An egg? Just like that?! Are you kidding me? Sorry, but this seems a little too fortunate to me... just saying.

Oh you'll see about the egg >:) Trust me, when you read about it you'll be saying, "What a twist!"

Yay for more Genevieve and oh, lookie... another chick hates Jyharri. Oh, joy. Well, it can't be worse than all of them loving him *shudders at the thought*

Favorite character much :) YAY! Now there are a total of TWO girls that don't fancy Jyharri! I've been counting :D

Again, this was mostly for clarification. Things should become more clear when the biographies are done and posted. Chapter should be here either the beginning of next week or the middle.

ilocar

Gotta go. L@er!

Air Dragon, not to be gay or anything but I think we're critical soulmates, you just said everything I was thinking.

age, I believe, is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is that Empoleon knows the most powerful water attack normal training doesn't result in that. and from what I remember the head mistress was yelling at Jyharri about the cash, not very jokey if you ask me but w/e. I think megan is just great (cougar lovin' XD). Why wouldn't Jyharri try to find out what species of pokemon lays black-stripped blue eggs? Why is Sydnie still so friendly? Isn't she mad at Jyharri? It's a great story but I think that chapter was comparatively boring, can't wait til the next chapter and can't wait til the tourny starts. peace bros

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Air Dragon, not to be gay or anything but I think we're critical soulmates, you just said everything I was thinking.

age, I believe, is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is that Empoleon knows the most powerful water attack normal training doesn't result in that. and from what I remember the head mistress was yelling at Jyharri about the cash, not very jokey if you ask me but w/e. I think megan is just great (cougar lovin' XD). Why wouldn't Jyharri try to find out what species of pokemon lays black-stripped blue eggs? Why is Sydnie still so friendly? Isn't she mad at Jyharri? It's a great story but I think that chapter was comparatively boring, can't wait til the next chapter and can't wait til the tourny starts. peace bros

People get over things over time. Besides, they hardly talked. Wouldn't really call that friendly. Also just because it knows the attack doesn't necessarily mean that it can hit. Remember Charizard is Jyharri's strongest Pokemon so I don't think he slacked when he trained it.

Yay for more clarification :D

Aura Master

Smell of Success
Ive been gone for a while and got like...13 chapters i have to read from different fics..well

This is starting to become more my favorite fic (kinda).

Its not uptight which is good (uptight=serious dramatic **** no one likes)

Anyway, Like i said im starting to like this more. From jyharri wearing a girl outfit nearly kissing a guy. To suckly girl problems.....to skipping 2 classes every chapter n stuff.

Jyharri has a strange character. He dosent care about school. He says alot of wrong things. And gets into wierd situations which makes it kinda funny...but alright watever i guess ill leave now.

Waiting for the next chapter.