• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Well, good for Genevieve... She got a "date" with Jyharri-Stu. Is it just me, or do her words sound a lot like something Hyuuga Hinata would say?

(gives suspicious look)

So Sydnie becomes a spy on the potential Lustrous agent Jyharri... what will this spell for their "friendship"?

Come to think of it, Jyharri's having things a little too easily... but he is Jyharri-Stu, the greatest trainer in teh wurldz!!1! (Massive LOL...)

But seriously, develop the guy. Please?! He's driving me nuts, and not in a good way... XP

Other than that, the chapter was good. Plenty happening despite the length. Gotta run. Using the lull in forum activity to catch up on reviews... :p

Happy Holidays! L@er!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Well, good for Genevieve... She got a "date" with Jyharri-Stu. Is it just me, or do her words sound a lot like something Hyuuga Hinata would say?

(gives suspicious look)

That is what I tried to avoid XD Looks like I didn't do a great job.

So Sydnie becomes a spy on the potential Lustrous agent Jyharri... what will this spell for their "friendship"?

Did you catch the potential future plot?

Come to think of it, Jyharri's having things a little too easily... but he is Jyharri-Stu, the greatest trainer in teh wurldz!!1! (Massive LOL...)

Jyharri-Stu FTW!!!

But seriously, develop the guy. Please?! He's driving me nuts, and not in a good way... XP

Don't worry. His time is coming up soon.

Other than that, the chapter was good. Plenty happening despite the length. Gotta run. Using the lull in forum activity to catch up on reviews... :p

Many thanks for the review! Now it's your turn to please your fans.

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Many thanks for the review! Now it's your turn to please your fans.

Ah, haven't you seen? I've already updated. The next chappie's a special, so it won't be so long... :D

L@er!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Chapter 20: Midterms! Jyharri’s Struggle!

“Begin your tests…now.”

The sound of pencils scratching across paper filled the room. Every student in the room was focused on their paper, some biting their erasers, some quickly scrawling across the page. After the first ten minutes some students started to look around the room, desperately trying to find the answer on the walls or the ceiling. With a chuckle in her head Sydnie easily scratched down the answer to several more questions in a matter of seconds.

Next question, she thought. If your opponent sends out a Dragon Type Pokémon and commands it to use Dragon Dance, what happens to the Pokémon? Easy; their Speed and Attack is raised.

When battling a dual type Pokémon of Dragon and Ground, what type should you use? Jyharri asked himself. The only thing I can think of is Ice. Dragon would also be good, but Ice would be better.

As Jyharri turned to the next page he took a glance in Sydnie’s direction, seeing the smile on her face. As Jyharri answered one question Sydnie answered an additional three. Turning back to his paper, Jyharri focused on the next question.

Name the Music Note Pokémon. I’ve never been good with remembering species. Let’s skip that one. Number sixteen; the attack Brick Break can do what? Skip that one too.

Looking up again Jyharri saw Sydnie returning to her seat, her test gone. Once she glanced in his direction he nodded at her. Sydnie pointed at him and made a motion with her hands as if she had a pencil in her hand. She was telling him to do his test. Turning back to his test, Jyharri skipped several more problems, telling himself he would finish them later.

“You have ten minutes left,” announced the teacher at the front.

Shocked, Jyharri frantically flipped through his test, trying to think of the answers to the problems he skipped. Instead of actually thinking of the answers he jotted down words that sounded right. Just as he handed his test to the teacher a bell rang throughout the school. As the students started to flood the hallway, Jyharri jogged up to Sydnie, tapping her lightly on the shoulder.

“Hey, how do you think you did on that test?” Jyharri asked her.

“It wasn’t too hard,” she replied a small smile on her face. “So what are you doing after the next part of the test?”

“I don’t know yet,” said Jyharri as his PDA began to vibrate.

Pulling the small device out of his pocket, Jyharri saw that he had gotten a message. The sender read, “Unknown.” Interested by the mysterious message Jyharri clicked it. “Jyharri, I won’t tell you who this is for personal reasons. I met you not too long before that school tournament took place. I need to talk to you after your exams. I will begin explaining some things to you. Let’s meet by the docks. Until then,” it said.

“Did you get a message?” asked Sydnie. “What does it say?”

“I just have to meet this guy by the docks,” Jyharri told her. “So, do you think you’ll do well in the battle portion?”

“We’re facing teachers,” said Sydnie as she laughed a little. “We’ll be lucky if we can do any damage to their Pokémon.”

“Well I’ll be off,” Jyharri said as he turned to leave. “Good luck in your battle. I’ll see you on the boat back.”

Sydnie simply waved as she continued to smile. Jyharri started to walk away as he threw his hand in the air, two fingers higher than the rest.

Good luck Jyharri, Sydnie thought. I’ll see you after the test, and I’ll see who you’re meeting too.

-------------------------------------------------

“Next is Jyharri Ahmed. Do we have Jyharri Ahmed here?”

As a single person stood up in the small waiting room, the young woman with a clipboard pointed at Jyharri. Motioning for him to approach her, Jyharri slowly walked to the brunette.

“You’ll be facing Professor Lavrentiy in room 112,” she told him.

The young man nodded to the nurse and began to walk down a narrow hallway. The walls were covered in sky blue paint, no paintings or portraits on them. It became apparent to Jyharri that this was a one way hallway as it was too small to be for two people. Was this supposed to mean something? Did this have to do with the test? The room Jyharri had just passed bore the number 109.

As he neared Professor Lavrentiy’s room his heart began to beat faster. When he passed room 111 he felt a bead of sweat trickle down his hand, the small drop of liquid warm on his cold skin. Reaching for the door to room 112, Jyharri felt as if his heart was about to burst out of his chest. The warm metal of the doorknob heated his hand up instantly. Slowly turning the door handle, Jyharri eased his way into the room.

“Ah, you must be Jyharri,” said a deep voice.

In Jyharri’s mind he registered the voice as a man’s. Turning to face the source of the voice, the Fire Red student jumped from surprise. He expected to come face to face with a muscular man and from the name a Russian one. In front of Jyharri was not a Russian body builder, but a petite blonde woman.

“I’m Professor Lavrentiy, it’s nice to meet you,” said the woman, holding her hand out to shake.

Still shocked, Jyharri shook Lavrentiy’s hand, his grip not as tight as it would be. As soon as they released hands, Lavrentiy walked to the back of the room, writing something onto a sheet of paper. Jyharri tried to approach her desk, but before he could see the paper Lavrentiy was back in his face.

“What’s going to happen here is we are going to battle and I’m going to evaluate your skills,” explained Lavrentiy. “After that I will give you a number out of five in six different sections. Once I record your stats I will give them to the headmistress.

“The things that determine if you pass or not will be your written test score and your stats. If your stats are up to par, but your written test scores are in the toilet then you must either take a retake test over winter break or fail and never come back to this academy. On the flip side, if your written test scores are amazing, but you can’t cut it on the battlefield you will have to either train and battle another professor or fail and never succeed in life.”

“You don’t have to worry about me,” Jyharri said with a confident smile. “I’ll do excellent in both areas.”

Lavrentiy chuckled, her laugh deep as well. Instead of replying to Jyharri she simply pulled out a Pokéball. Jyharri responded by doing the same. The professor held up one finger, telling Jyharri that they would each use one Pokémon. Lavrentiy tossed her Pokéball first, the ball cracking open. The white light poured out of the ball, hitting the ground and materializing into a medium sized figure. Most of its upper body was tan in coloration, and most of its lower body orange. As it stood, it ran its claws over the three pointed feather crest that rested at the top of its head. It looked a lot like Mio’s Blaziken except much smaller and different shades.

“Charizard, standby for battle!” yelled Jyharri as he tossed his own Pokéball. Bursting from his Pokéball, Charizard let out a small roar, the walls of the room shaking a little. “How are we going to battle in this small room?”

“Don’t worry about that,” Lavrentiy told him with a smile.

Just like when he battled the headmistress, Lavrentiy pushed a button on her desk. As soon as she hit the button the room began to expand. The walls moved out at least three meters and the ceiling raised a good six. The floor had started to change, the tile now replaced by a battlefield. Remembering his battle with the headmistress, Jyharri began to laugh.

“You don’t seem to be too surprised by the room changing,” Lavrentiy observed.

“I’ve seen something like it before,” said Jyharri. “This room is quite similar to the one I beat the headmistress in. If I beat you then that will make two staff members I have beaten.”

“Hmph,” scoffed Lavrentiy. “You cocky son of a-”

“Charizard, start it with Slash,” commanded Jyharri.

Being cut off by Jyharri surprised Lavrentiy, as did his cockiness. Charizard jumped into the air, flying straight at her Pokémon. Raising his claws, Charizard made a slashing motion.

“Combusken, dodge it now,” Lavrentiy ordered quickly.

Doing a back flip, Combusken barely dodged the glowing claws of Charizard. As she landed, Combusken pushed forward, jumping at Charizard. Going into a spiral, Combusken’s beak began to glow.

“Grab it Charizard,” said Jyharri as he made a clutching motion.

Grasping onto her beak, Charizard smiled. Combusken also threw a smile as best she could.

“Now use Crush Claw,” yelled Lavrentiy.

Claws glowing, Combusken slammed both into Charizard’s gut. Being surprised by the attack, and the pain, Charizard let go of Combusken, staggering back to Jyharri. Following up, Combusken continued to slash and claw at Charizard, each consecutive attack becoming stronger than the last.

“How do you like Combusken’s Fury Cutter?” Lavrentiy asked.

Jyharri let out a small growl, his anger showing. “Charizard, block the attack with your wings!”

Before another hit could connect, Charizard folded his wings, Combusken’s claws stopping as soon as she touched the membrane. Before she could react, the Fire/Flying type unfolded his wings. A small gust of wind pushed Combusken back and dealt a little damage. Combusken threw a dirty look in Charizard’s direction, the latter smiling.

“Now use Wing Attack,” said Jyharri.

Jumping into the air again, Charizard’s wings began to glow this time as he darted towards Combusken. Instead of trying to dodge the attack, the Fire/Fighting type blocked Charizard’s wings with her claws. Still taking some damage, Combusken managed to direct Charizard into the air. Coming back around, the tip of Charizard’s wing barely struck Combusken in the side.

“Go back and use Slash,” Jyharri said.

Turning back around, Charizard slashed at Combusken which she met with her claw. Picking up the smaller creature, Charizard flew around the room before flinging Combusken into the ground. Upon impact, the ground cracked.

“Good job Charizard,” Jyharri praised his Pokémon. “I don’t think she’ll be able to take much more.”

Once again Lavrentiy’s deep laughter filled the room. “Oh how you underestimate my Pokémon. Combusken can take thousands more of those and still stand.”

Just as she spoke those words Combusken stood, dusting herself off. She looked like he hadn’t taken any damage from Charizard’s attacks.

“How is that possible?” Jyharri asked frustrated.

“I’ve been training Combusken far longer than you’ve been on this earth boy,” said Lavrentiy. “If you quit now then your exam will be over and you can meet up with your friends before you go home.”

“Be quiet,” Jyharri told her quietly.

“I mean there’s no way you can win,” Lavrentiy said with a slight chuckle.

Familiar voices started to go through Jyharri’s head. He had heard people tell him those words before. “Shut your mouth.”

“It’s hopeless. I’m obviously stronger than you. Why try to prolong the inevitable?”

“I SAID SHUT UP!” exploded Jyharri.

Silence reigned over the four organisms present in the room. Slowly, Jyharri raised a finger and pointed it at Combusken. Charizard knew the command well. Charging at Combusken on foot, Charizard lifted both claws into the air. His right fist became surrounded in flames while his left one started to glow. As he approached Combusken, Charizard jumped into the air, continuing his charge.

“Get ready to dodge,” Lavrentiy said to Combusken quietly.

“I know what you want to do,” Jyharri announced. “You probably told Combusken to either block or dodge. If it is indeed the former then you will still take damage, but if you try the latter then you will not only take some damage, but all of it!”

Surprised by his announcement, Lavrentiy focused her attention on Jyharri. With her trainer not concentrating, Combusken was lost. Just as Charizard threw his right fist at Combusken, she barely dodged, the flames licking her face. Bringing his right fist back, Charizard threw his left one. This time Combusken jumped to the side, completely dodging his left fist.

“Just as I thought,” Jyharri scoffed. “Show her what I was talking about.”

Combusken knew she was hit. Being in the air without wings was the worst place to be in battle. A sharp pain shot through Combusken’s gut as Charizard punch her with his flame adorned fist. Sliding backwards, Combusken clutched her gut. Charizard then swung his left fist, connecting with her jaw. The Young Fowl Pokémon fell to the ground again, slowly standing up as Charizard flew back to his trainer.

“Combusken, show him your Sky Uppercut,” Lavrentiy yelled.

Moving swiftly toward her opponent, Combusken bobbed left. Suspecting that it was a fake move, Charizard stayed where he was. Combusken smiled; her plan had worked. Jumping into the air, Combusken gave Charizard a fast uppercut, pushing him up into the air.

“Now use Double Kick!” shouted Lavrentiy.

As she launched herself above Charizard, Combusken’s feet began to glow a light blue. The Young Fowl Pokémon brought her foot down into Charizard’s face, doing the same with the other. The Flame Pokémon crashed into the floor, the ground cracking around his body.

“That’s enough,” Lavrentiy said. “I’ve seen all I need to.”

“Charizard can still battle,” shouted Jyharri. “Show her Charizard!”

Charizard slowly stood up, spitting out a small flame. Lavrentiy laughed as she pushed a button on the wall. The room began to shrink back to its original size. The cracks in the ground were covered up with the white tile, vanishing from view.

“The point of this was to show your skills, not win,” explained Lavrentiy. “Besides, if we continued then your Charizard would have been in trouble. You can leave now.”

After recalling Charizard, Jyharri put his hands into his pockets and walked out of the room. As he continued down the one way hall, he came to a door at the end. Throwing it open, sunlight hit him in the face. The door had led him right to the docks. Hundreds of students were already there, conversing with each other. As soon as Jyharri stepped out, Sydnie spotted him. When he began to move Sydnie followed him.

“Lead me right to him,” Sydnie said to herself.

Moving through the crowd, Jyharri stopped. Sydnie halted, wondering if he noticed her following him. Jyharri said a few words inaudible to Sydnie. Looking around, she saw he was talking to Mio. Sydnie sighed as Jyharri began to move again. After leaving the crowd Jyharri headed behind the building he exited, waiting. Sydnie hid in the shadows of the building, hidden from view. When five minutes had passed, a man approached Jyharri, placing his hand on his shoulder once they were close enough. Sydnie’s body tensed up as the man appeared. It was the same man she saw the night she met Cephalus. This man’s presence made her scared and she didn’t know why.

“Jyharri, great job in the tournament,” Aeolus said as he patted his shoulder.

“It was nothing,” said Jyharri. “So what did you want to talk about?”

“I called you here to talk about Team Lustrous,” Aeolus started. “As the current leader I can let anyone I want join and I can also kick anyone out. If I let them join then I must give them a rank based on their skills. Seeing your skills displayed beautifully in the tournament I feel you deserve the rank of Luminous. It is the fourth rank from the top. Above Luminous is Radiant and on top of that is Lucent. Only one person has achieved the rank of Lucent besides me and he is my most trusted operative. If you prove yourself to me and show that you have what it takes to make our goals a reality you may be the third person to acquire Lucent rank.”

“So I’m in Team Lustrous now?” asked Jyharri. Aeolus simply nodded his head. “Then what is my first mission? That’s what happens right? You give me my first assignment when I join? I’ve seen it in all the movies.”

“I hadn’t planned on giving you an assignment, but I need you to explore the island more. Try to find out where the Black Organization members are. I know they are here somewhere. I can smell Dimitrios, their wretched leader, a mile away. When you find them I want you to capture them and wait for someone to pick them up.”

“I’m kidnapping people?” Jyharri asked bewildered. “Isn’t that kind of illegal?”

“Their activities are s illegal,” Aeolus said with a chuckle. “How can capturing criminals be illegal? Once you return from your winter break I will return and see your progress.”

Suddenly, Sydnie felt as if someone’s eyes had pierced her soul, a sharp pain shooting through her chest. Her right hand grabbed at her heart as her breathing became heavy. Trying to keep her breathing down, Sydnie peered around the corner, still out of view.

“You also might want to keep an eye on Sydnie,” Aeolus said before walking off.

Surprised by Aeolus’s statement, Sydnie quietly returned to the dock where all the students were. They all had boarded the boats that headed to their homelands, their belongings already placed on the boat by Machoke. The only one standing on the dock was her. Sydnie noticed that the Hoenn and Johto boat had been separate.

“Looks like I’ll have to wait until the break is over to get some more information,” said Sydnie. “I’ll have to let Dimitrios know that Jyharri is officially in their ranks as soon as possible.”

As Sydnie headed for the boat that was going to Hoenn, Jyharri stepped out from the shadow, now knowing what Aeolus meant when he said keep an eye on Sydnie.

Aura Master

Smell of Success
WOO BABY WERE GOING TO HOENN! YEAAAH.

Good chapter. The professor is a man-lady.

Will the next part take place in the second semester or in Johto/Hoenn.

I'm actually curious he will go to Hoenn because hes supposed to watch Sydnie but I'm not sure.

Shikamio

Great

I love the teachers at the academy, they never surprise me.
The plot begins to thicken and I'm wondering what will go on during the break.

shiny gible

The teachers are pretty cool since they are strong and they can make their room to expand and wow Charizard did take a beating but had the guts to still fight thats awesome
and I cant belive Jyharri is going to kidnap someone! I can kindof see it in his personality but I kindof cant
and after the break I bet everyone would be stronger, smarter and have trained a lot to come up with some new strategies
Cant wait to see how it would turn out

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
This chapter marks the end of the Tests and Holidays arc! So after this chapter is just plot stuff and character development. Within the next two weeks the Team Lustrous vs the Black Organization arc will begin! Enjoi!

Chapter 21: Winter Break! Eevee Covered in Snow!

“All aboard for Johto; The boat will be leaving in a few minutes!”

Staring at the boat, Jyharri had begun to contemplate what Aeolus had told him. “You also might want to keep an eye on Sydnie.”

If I follow her to Hoenn then I can do just that, thought Jyharri. Then I can find out where her Black Organization criminal friends are hiding out. But she’s my friend; I can’t force her. He clutched his head, trying to come up with an idea. I got it! If she doesn’t see me then I can eavesdrop and find out that way!

A loud horn sounded as smoke began to rise out of one of the smokestacks on the Johto boat. As soon as the boat headed to his home left, the Hoenn boat let out a loud horn. Walking up the plank, Jyharri approached the boat. Right before he could get on, a man stopped him.

“I.D,” was all the man said. When Jyharri gave him a lost look, the man searched his pocket and pulled out his PDA. “Ah, Jyharri Ahmed; your room is number ten. All of your belongings are already there. Please make yourself at home. We’ll be arriving in Hoenn in about four hours.”

“Thank you,” said Jyharri as he took back his PDA. Why are all my things on this boat? Aren’t they supposed to be on the other boat where I'm supposed to be?

The wooden deck creaked as he walked across it scanning the crowds for Sydnie. Every time Jyharri saw a flash of red he jolted. After walking to the back of the boat he spotted her. She was leaning against the railing with someone outside of Jyharri’s view. Looking around for a spot to hide, Jyharri spotted a wide pole. As he quickly moved behind it Sydnie and the other person began to talk.

“I’m so glad that we live in the same region,” said Sydnie.

“Yeah,” said a gruff voice.

The voice sounded familiar as it made its way to Jyharri’s ears. Thinking about who it could be Jyharri finally remembered who it was the voice had belonged to.

“You know Mio, I’ve never really talked to you,” Sydnie began to talk again. “You’re a nice guy. I see why Charlotte likes you.”

“Thanks,” said Mio. “You’re pretty cool too. Jyharri is a lucky guy.”

“I’m not with Jyharri,” Sydnie quickly told him as she began to blush a bit. “He’s just a good friend.”

“Well to even be a good friend is lucky,” Mio said.

As the two stood against the railing Jyharri let what they said sink in, sliding off the pole and walking back onto the deck. Sydnie was one of his good friends, but she was siding with the enemy. Thinking about what had transpired over the past few months Jyharri began to slowly walk around the deck and into the traveler’s quarters. Even if she was one of his good friends Jyharri might have to eliminate her. Would that be right? Was she like the others in the Black Organization? If the Black Organization were criminals that would make Sydnie a criminal wouldn’t it?

All the thoughts gave Jyharri a headache. Clutching his head, Jyharri stumbled into room ten, falling on the bed with his hand over his left eye. Jyharri’s right eye turned yellow, the room becoming dark. As he looked over his hand he saw that the heat that came off his body became darker than before. What was happening to him? Jyharri closed his right eye, deciding it would be best not to question it now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Now be a good boy for Aunt Karen.”

A young woman ruffled a very young Jyharri’s head. The vision was faint, but he could clearly see that it was a young woman. The woman vanished as she ran off into the horizon, clad in all white. She was soon replaced by a young man, the vision still blurry.

“Soon I’ll teach you how to train Pokémon as I have,” said the man. “After that we can train together!”

Jyharri’s eyes flew open, the cabin coming into view. The first thing he saw was a small light coming from somewhere in the room. Sitting up, Jyharri saw that it was a lantern that was lit sitting on a small wooden desk. Moving towards the desk, Jyharri saw his suitcase open on the chair. On top of his suitcase sat a paper with Jyharri scrawled across it. Picking it up, he read it instinctively.

“Dear Jyharri,
After hearing my warning of Sydnie I knew you would go aboard the boat to Hoenn. Ok, I didn’t know. I just saw you looking at it after I left so I had one of my informants take your belongings onto that boat and act as one of the staff letting people onto the ship. Anyways, with your rank I have included a set of robes that all Team Lustrous members wear. They are at the top of your suitcase. Wear these and show others the way to the light!
Sincerely,
Aeolus”

Checking out his suitcase, Jyharri found white robes sitting at the top. Upon inspection, he noticed that there was a small cape coming off the back. He turned them over in his hands, staring at them with a look of amazement. It was soft to the touch and very slick. A loud horn signaled their arrival to Lilycove City in Hoenn. Not only did they arrive in Hoenn, but they landed in Sydnie’s hometown.

After grabbing his things Jyharri swiftly exited his room, jogging up to the deck. The crowd that had been on the deck before was an even bigger crowd now trying to exit the boat. Looking around him at all times Jyharri was once again looking for Sydnie. After not being able to find her by just looking, Jyharri closed his left eye, his right one turning yellow.

“Holy crap man!” a boy yelled as he saw his iris change color. “Get me away from this kid!”

Ignoring the boy next to him Jyharri scanned the crowd again, but something was different this time; no one’s body heat turned into a color. In fact he couldn’t see anyone’s body heat at all. Thinking his eye had become defective, Jyharri looked around the crowd again, this time doing a full 360 degree turn. About thirty degrees to his left he spotted a bright pink. As the crowd shifted he saw the color take shape. It was definitely female, there was no doubting that. There was no way to tell from a distance. Getting a little closer, Jyharri stood on a wooden box, his head popping up above the crowd. Seeing her face he knew that she was it; he spotted Sydnie. Before she could spot him, Jyharri hopped off the box, picked up his suitcase and followed the crowd as it slowly walked off the boat.

Quickly stepping behind the building at the dock, Jyharri watched as Sydnie moved from the boat towards the city. Jyharri slowly began to tail Sydnie, being cautious about how close he got. Once they were in the heart of Lilycove they were surrounded by buildings. The city wasn’t as crowded as some of the bigger cities, but it had a good number of people. Keeping an eye on his target, Jyharri moved in and out of crowds as Sydnie continued on. She looked to her left and then her right, a smile appearing on her face. She was home. Jyharri turned his back to Sydnie as he leaned up against a wall. Peering over his shoulder, he saw that Sydnie had started to run. Surprised by this, Jyharri prepared to run himself, but he saw that she didn’t go too far. She ran to a group of two adults and a child.

“It’s so good to have you home sweetie,” Jyharri heard the man say.

“We missed you,” said the woman.

“Did you get anymore Pokémon? Is Milotic still with you? Are you better now?” pestered the little boy.

Looking at the woman Jyharri knew who it was; it was Sydnie’s family. Sydnie rubbed her little brother on the head with a smile on her face. A feeling of sadness came over Jyharri as he saw his friend reunited with her family. The family of four began to walk towards what appeared to be a residential area, Sydnie’s arm draped over her brother’s shoulder and her mom and dad holding hands. Jyharri put his left hand into his pocket, picked up his suitcase and began to walk off.

“Hey there stranger,” a voice said from behind Jyharri. “You’re not from around here are you?”

Jyharri turned and came face to face with a girl of his age. Freckles dotted the bottom part of her face, her dark brown hair covering some of the left side. Jyharri took a step back and noticed she was wearing a green blazer.

“That blazer,” Jyharri started. “You go to the Pokémon Academy.”

“Nice observation Sherlock,” the girl said, a small giggle escaping her. “You must go there as well since you’re wearing a red one. I’m Olivia Kezarian, but you can call me Livi. And you are?”

“I’m Jyharri Ahmed,” he introduced himself.

“It’s nice to meet you Jyharri. What brings you to Lilycove? I can tell you don’t live here based on your lost expression.”

“I can’t tell you that,” Jyharri said as he looked at the ground.

“Ok, your business is your business,” Livi said, laughing again. “Do you have a place to stay?”

“No. I kind of decided to come here at the last second.”

Livi turned towards the houses that were situated at the end of the city and made a motion for Jyharri to follow. After thinking about it for a second, Jyharri decided he could trust this girl and began to follow. The houses in Lilycove looked huge to Jyharri. They all had the same basic coloring; tan, pink, and white. Unlike the houses in Blackthorn, almost all the houses were two stories.

“And we’re here,” Livi said after they had walked for about ten minutes. “This is where you will be staying.”

Jyharri looked up at the two story house in amazement. A blue car was parked in front of the garage with a yellow car right next to it. The doorway was situated a few feet away from the garage, the door itself being at least fifteen feet tall. As the two walked to the front door, Livi produced a key from her pocket. After twisting it a few times in the doorknob the door swung open to reveal an even more impressive interior. The floor was a shiny black and red marble, the walls a nice tan color. Stairs spiraled up onto the second floor as soon as they entered the door. Walking around the stairs Livi called into the house.

“Olivia, you’re home,” a snobby voice answered.

A short plump woman appeared from the next room over. Her hands were covered with bracelets and rings. It was obvious that she had no problem in flaunting their wealth. She gave Livi a kiss on both cheeks before she spotted Jyharri.

“And who is this?” she asked, pointing a finger at Jyharri.

“This is Jyharri Mom,” said Livi. “He goes to my school. I found him in the middle of town with a lost look. He had nowhere to go so I told him to follow me and here we are.”

“Nice to meet you Jyharri,” Livi’s mom said as she held out her hand. “I’m Livi’s mother, Felicia. Welcome to our home. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Oh listen to me; I sound like I work at a hotel!”

“Thank you,” said Jyharri as he shook Felicia’s hand.

“I’ll show you the room you’ll be staying in,” said Livi. “Well it’s my room as well so…Just follow me.”

As they arrived at the top of the stairs, Jyharri saw that the floors were now a black marble, the walls staying the same tan color. A hallway as located a few feet from the top of the stairs, a single door at the end. Livi walked to the door and swung it open. The first thing Jyharri noticed was the size; it was almost as big as the living room. A bed, sitting by the right wall, took up a good portion of the room. A wooden dresser sat at the opposite side by the window with various things on top of it. The floor had changed from marble to carpet, the carpet matching the color of the walls. Posters of the previous champions of Hoenn covered her closet doors.

“You can either sleep on the floor or we can share my bed,” Livi told him.

“I think I’ll take the floor,” said Jyharri as he remembered what Stacy had told him.

“Well its only 5:37,” Livi observed. “What do you want to do?”

After thinking for a while Jyharri finally thought of something. “Do you know Sydnie Lake?”

“Sure I know Sydnie,” she said with a snort. “We’ve known each other since we were three years old. I despise that little girl.”

“Is there a reason?” Jyharri asked.

“When we turned nine we both started to like boys,” Livi started as she sat down on her bed, “but guess who the boys went after. When we became trainers everyone thought she was better than me. People think she’s prettier, a better coordinator, a better everything.”

“I think you’re pretty,” Jyharri told her, sitting next to her.

“Are you serious,” Livi asked in disbelief. “Prove it.”

“I don’t lie about things like that,” he said. “If I think you’re pretty then I will tell you.”

Livi blushed as she began to giggle. “You’re the first person to think that way knowing both Sydnie and myself.”

As they looked into each other’s eyes, Jyharri noticed that her eyes were green as well. Livi leaned closer to Jyharri, her eyes closing. He knew what she was doing; she was trying to kiss him. Jyharri placed his hands on her shoulders, pushing her back a little.

“I’m sorry, but I have a girlfriend,” said Jyharri.

“She won’t know,” Livi told him as she leaned forward again.

“No,” Jyharri said as he stopped her again. “I can’t do that to her. I like her a lot.”

Livi pulled back, a frown on her face at first. The frown quickly changed into a smile as she quickly placed her lips onto his cheek.

“There,” she said. “A friendly kiss on the cheek isn’t cheating. Man it got dark quick!”

Jyharri turned to look out the window it had indeed started to become dark. Checking the clock, he saw that it was 6:34. The Leaf Green girl walked over to her window and pulled curtains over the window, the curtains color being a light pink. She then proceeded to the middle of the room and tossed her blazer onto her bed, revealing a black tank top. She began to pull down her green skirt before Jyharri interrupted her.

“Whoa, whoa,” Jyharri said as he closed his eyes and looked away. “What are you doing?”

“I’m changing,” Livi said. “What does it look like?”

“I don’t want to know what it looks like,” said Jyharri. “I’m going to go in the hall until you’re done.”

Jyharri jumped up and speed walked to the door. When he opened it and stepped out Livi giggled as she continued to undress. Out in the hall Jyharri sat against the wall and began to chew off his fingernails. After a few minutes Livi opened the door and poked her head out.

“I’m not nearly naked anymore,” she said. “You can come in now.”

Jyharri stood up and walked into the room, noticing something different. In place of lights candles had been lit. Livi was now wearing fuchsia pajamas, stripes running up and down the top and bottoms. As Jyharri walked in she jumped onto her bed. Two blankets and a pillow sat in the middle of the floor. Jyharri pulled off his blazer to show his black shirt underneath. After kicking off his shoes he slid under one of the blankets, lying on his stomach.

“So we’re just going to go to bed at 7:00?” asked Jyharri.

“Well we could talk some more,” Livi answered him.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“Where are you from?”

Jyharri laughed at the question. “I come from Blackthorn City in the Johto region. I live in the poor district though. It’s a nice place. The people are nice, the city is nice, and there is the Dragon’s Den there too.”

“Why do you live in the poor district? Can’t your parents afford a nice house?” Livi continued questioning him.

“I don’t live with my parents,” Jyharri told her, no sadness or sorrow in his voice. “I never have. I’m starting to think they died a little while after I was born. I’ve lived by myself for as long as I can remember.”

Livi’s face went from calm to sad as Jyharri spoke. She looked from her huge bed to the many other things she had in her room. “Have you ever tried challenging Gyms? I heard they give a big prize to the winner of the Pokémon Leagues.”

Jyharri repositioned himself so that the pillow was under his chin with his arms wrapped around it. “I’ve never thought about challenging Gyms. I’m more into just traveling than trying to beat people in battles.”

Livi smiled as she pulled herself under her blanket. She stared at the ceiling, trying to come up with another question. After a few minutes she sat up, having thought of something to ask, but when she looked at Jyharri he wasn’t moving and his eyes were closed. A soft snore emitted from his mouth, telling her he was asleep. Still smiling she lay back down, thinking the question would be better if she asked him tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again Jyharri saw a young woman, but this time she was dressed in a black t-shirt and blue jeans. She motioned for him to follow. After getting a good look at her face he noticed something. She looked like someone he knew. Before he could make a comparison with someone, Livi’s room came back into view. Sweat had been trickling down his forehead and back. Sitting up, he looked over to Livi’s bed. It was empty. Rays of sunlight shone through the window, small circles of light showing on the carpet. As he stood up, Jyharri pulled on his blazer. When he opened the door a smell of food came from downstairs. Going down the stairs, he saw that Livi was sitting at the dinner table with a plate of food in front of her and a plate across from her.

“Finally decided to wake up huh?” Livi called over to him.

With a groan, Jyharri walked over to the table, rubbing his eyes as he pulled out the chair across from Livi. When he sat down he examined his plate. On it there were scrambled eggs and some type of meat. After inspecting both the eggs and the meat Jyharri picked up the fork next to his plate and began to eat the eggs.

“Where’s your mom?” Jyharri asked after looking around and not seeing her.

“She went to work,” Livi said as she chewed. “After we finish eating I want to see your skills. I want to see you in battle.”

“Didn’t you see me in the tournament?” asked Jyharri.

“What are you afraid of losing?” Livi asked with a smart tone.

“I always accept a challenge,” said Jyharri. “And don’t even think about putting the idea of losing in my head because it won’t happen.”

After eating and placing the dishes into the sink, Livi led Jyharri to the back door. As she slowly opened the door, a huge battlefield came into view. Behind that was a usual backyard with grass and tables and such. Jyharri’s jaw dropped as he stepped onto the battlefield. It was complete with trainer boxes, outline, and the Pokéball symbol in the middle. By the time Jyharri was done staring in awe at the field Livi was already in her box. Rushing over to his box, Jyharri pulled out his first Pokéball.

“You good with two on two?” asked Livi.

“It’s fine with me,” said Jyharri with a smirk.

“Alright,” Livi said as she pulled out her Pokéball. “It’s time to show you the power of Leaf Green! Corphish battle stance!”

“Time to use you for the first time,” Jyharri whispered to his Pokéball. “Gastly, standby for battle!”

On Jyharri’s side, the white light stopped in the air, materializing into the Gastly he caught before the finals of the tournament while on Livi’s side a crustacean like creature appeared. Its four pairs of limbs made it look rather unusual. The red shell it possessed shone in the sunlight.

“A Corphish,” Jyharri observed. “This should be interesting.”

“Corphish, start off with Crabhammer!” yelled Livi.

Both of Corphish’s claws began to glow as he scuttled beneath Gastly. Once he was beneath Gastly, he jumped. First he swung his left claw, but Gastly quickly moved out of the way.

“Watch out for that second one,” Jyharri warned.

A few moments after Jyharri’s warning, Corphish swung his right claw, grazing the top of Gastly’s head.

“Hit him with Shadow Ball,” commanded Jyharri.

Black energy began to form in Gastly’s mouth, just like Eevee. The energy started to form a ball. Once the ball was fully charged Gastly launched it at Corphish.

“Knock it out of the park,” said Livi.

Just before the ball hit Corphish, he swung his claw, knocking the ball up into the air in the opposite direction. Following up, the crustacean opened his claws and began firing a barrage of bubbles at Gastly. Floating from left to right Gastly tried his best to dodge the bubbles, but he was ultimately hit by a round. While the Ghost type was being bombarded, Corphish jumped towards him, his claws glowing once more. Corphish slammed his right claw into the top of Gastly’s head, smashing him into the ground. As he fell, Corphish swung his left claw, hitting Gastly in the mouth.

“Gastly,” called Jyharri. “Are you alright?”

Gastly flew up, giving Corphish an angry glare. Two multicolored beams shot out of his eyes, hitting Corphish in the side. The Water type fell on one of his knees, a pained expression on his face. Firing another, Corphish tried to jump out of the way, but he was hit in his other side.

“I didn’t know you could use Night Shade,” said Jyharri, impressed a little. “Now try a Hypnosis attack!”

Flying forward, Gastly quickly appeared in front of Corphish. Surprised by the sudden appearance Corphish flinched. Rings appeared out of Gastly’s eyes. When the rings hit Corphish his eyes became droopy.

“Corphish is asleep!” Livi shouted. “That’s cheap! How is he going to battle?”

“That’s the point. He won’t battle! Gastly use Dream Eater!”

Gastly turned around, a confused expression on his face.

“Go on! Use Dream Eater,” Jyharri yelled as he pointed at the sleeping Corphish. Gastly still looked at Jyharri confused. “You don’t know Dream Eater do you?”

Gastly shook his head, a small snore coming from Corphish.

“I think I would rather have Corphish lose by forfeit than have him attacked while he’s asleep,” Livi said as she recalled him. “Now my next Pokémon won’t lose!”

Tossing another Pokéball into the air, the ball cracked open, releasing the familiar white light. The light materialized in the air, forming the shape of a small bird. The bird’s dark blue feathers covered its body, save for its face and underbelly. The small yellow beak it possessed let out a small chirp. A red light hit Gastly, pulling him back into his Pokéball. Jyharri pulled out another Pokéball, holding it up to his head before tossing it.

“Eevee standby for battle!” yelled Jyharri.

As soon as she emerged from her Pokéball Eevee executed several flips as usual. As she landed she gave Jyharri a smile.

“Taillow use Quick Attack,” Livi shouted.

While Eevee was looking at her trainer Taillow flew at her opponent, white streaks trailing behind her. Right when Eevee turned to face Taillow she was hit. The bird did a u-turn, hitting Eevee once more.

“Eevee use Swift,” said Jyharri.

The Normal type jumped into the air as Taillow came around for another attack. Stars shot out of Eevee’s mouth, hitting Taillow all over. The TinySwallow Pokémon hit the ground, Eevee falling over her.

“Now use an offensive Protect,” Jyharri yelled.

A green sphere appeared around Eevee as she fell onto Taillow. The sphere crushed Taillow, dealing a great amount of damage. When the sphere disappeared, Eevee jumped back while Taillow pushed herself to her feet, her body shaking.

“Try a Quick Attack,” Jyharri said.

Eevee dashed at Taillow with the same white streaks behind her that were behind Taillow. Taillow tried to get into the air, but Eevee tackled her, knocking Taillow back onto the ground. Eevee launched herself into the air, her tail glowing. The Normal type flipped in the air, smacking Taillow in the head. The TinySwallow’s eyes rolled back into her head as she lay on the ground unconscious.

“Your Taillow is out,” yelled Jyharri. “Eevee and I win!”

Livi recalled Taillow as she sighed. “Looks like you beat me. Your Eevee is pretty strong, but I know how to make it even stronger.”

“What do you mean?” Jyharri asked. “How can you make her stronger?”

“Have you ever thought about evolving Eevee?” asked Livi.

“I’ve thought about it, but I don’t think she has wanted to evolve yet. That’s why I’ve kept her as an Eevee for now.”

“Well I know of a place where we can evolve Eevee right now,” Livi told him. “It will make Eevee stronger than she has ever been before. Have you faced an opponent that you cannot beat? If she evolves you’ll be able to beat that opponent.”

Eevee began to remember her two battles against Espeon. The second time she did better, but she still lost. The memories of the pain she went through were unbearable. She hopped on Jyharri’s shoulder and nodded.

“Eevee agrees,” said Jyharri. “Take me to this place you speak of.”

“Gladly,” Livi said with a smile. “All we need are some heavy coats.”

“Slateport City sure is nice, but it’s nothing compared to Sunyshore!”

A boat had just arrived to the docks of one of the southernmost towns in Hoenn; Slateport City. A boat arriving in Slateport was an everyday thing. The city was filled with fishermen and sailors with little to no tall buildings. Many people exited the boat while few were on the dock. One of the few was Mio. He scanned the passengers of the boat and spotted who he was looking for.

“Brandon,” he called. “Brandon!”

A short boy found who was calling his name and jogged over to him. Once he reached Mio he smiled.

“So this is the Hoenn region huh?” said Brandon.

“There’s no time to chat,” Mio told him. “We need to get to Lilycove as fast as possible.”

“Why?” asked Brandon. “What’s in Lilycove?”

“I just got a mail from Charlotte on my PDA,” Mio started. “She told me that she got a mail from Stacy saying that Jyharri wasn’t at his house. She went on the Johto boat to surprise Jyharri in Blackthorn, but no one answered the door. If my hunch is correct then he must have followed Sydnie to Lilycove. If we don’t hurry then Sydnie could be in trouble!”

“Wait, why would Jyharri follow Sydnie?” Brandon asked as Mio started to run into the city. “And why would she be in danger?”

“No time to explain,” Mio yelled behind him. “We just have to get on the next train to Lilycove before Sydnie confronts Jyharri.”

Brandon ran after Mio into the city, not having a clue as to what was going on. As they entered Slateport City almost everything was white. The ground was white, most of the buildings were white, and the people wore mostly white. After searching the city for about ten minutes the two boys ran through the sliding glass doors of the train station. Running up to the desk Mio slapped money onto the desk asking for two tickets to Lilycove.

“Here you go,” said the desk attendant. “The train for Lilycove will be here in forty minutes.”

Brandon sat down in one of the many chairs in the small rectangular room. The walls were bare with one sign hanging on the left wall. The sign noted that the train station had only opened six years ago. A map next to it pointed out where the other train stations were at. There was one in Rustboro, one in Mauville, and one in Lilycove.

“I hope we get to Sydnie before he does,” said Mio. “If not then Arceus help her.”

When Livi told Jyharri that she knew of a place where Eevee could evolve he expected a small forest meadow with flowers blooming and Bug Pokémon buzzing around. He even thought of a small area by a lake. He never thought she would take him where they currently were; a mountaintop. Snow beat down on the mountain, creating a heavy snowstorm at the top. Climbing up to the summit was no easy task, but the two managed to get close. The heavy snow made walking difficult and slow. At what seemed like random moments a strong gust of wind would try and blow the trainers off the mountain to certain doom. To prepare for the blizzard, Livi supplied heavy coats, goggles, boots, and a beanie like cap that kept their heads warm.

“We’re almost there,” Livi shouted behind her.

Instead of replying Jyharri kept walking behind her. Livi grabbed Jyharri and pointed to their left. At first Jyharri had no idea what she was pointing at, but after a few seconds an opening came into view. The two trainers trudged through the snow and stumbled into the cave. With no more snow to slow them down, walking became easier again.

“How is this cave supposed to help Eevee evolve?” Jyharri asked as he stared out into the snowstorm.

Livi grabbed onto Jyharri’s coat and began to drag him backwards for about five minutes. As soon as they stopped Livi spun Jyharri around. A brilliant blue glow hit Jyharri’s eyes, blinding him at first. Once his vision returned he noticed something. There was a familiar feel about the cave.

“That rock,” started Jyharri, “I’ve seen it before. I saw one just like it at the Academy.”

“Well don’t just stare at it,” said Livi.

Jyharri pulled out Eevee’s Pokéball and enlarged it. Tossing it up into the air Eevee emerged from the white light that flew out of the ball. Once she saw the rock she was mesmerized by it, not taking her eyes off it.

“So how does this rock evolve Eevee?” Jyharri asked.

“She touches it,” explained Livi as she sat down on a nearby stone. “As soon as she touches it then she will evolve.”

“Go ahead Eevee,” said Jyharri with a gulp. “If you want to evolve then go ahead and touch the rock.”

Still not taking her eyes off it, Eevee lifted one paw. She slowly placed it on the rock, light bursting off the rock the moment she touched it. Eevee was covered in a white light as her body began to change in shape and size. She became noticeably bigger while her ears and tail ending became rhombus shaped. Her head now looked like she was wearing a Sherpa cap, two long strands hanging off the side. As the light broke away Jyharri could see the ends of her paws and the two rhombus shapes on her fur were a dark blue as opposed to the light blue of her coat.

“Whoa,” said Jyharri as Eevee had finished transforming. “What happened to you Eevee?”

“Eevee is now a Glaceon,” Livi explained.

Glaceon looked herself over, stretching her new longer limbs. She attempted a back flip, but she landed on her back, scratching herself on a rock. Jyharri jogged over to her, kneeling down to inspect the injury. It wasn’t anything too bad, but it was enough to make him pull out her Pokéball.

“Glaceon return,” said Jyharri as the red light sucked Glaceon into her Pokéball. “Looks like I have to get a Potion for that scratch.”

“First, why don’t you just go to the Pokémon Center and second, how are we going to get out of here?” Livi asked.

“Charizard can take us,” Jyharri said with a smirk as he pulled out another Pokéball. “That way we’ll also be warm.”

“I say we go up to the seventh floor.”

After arriving in Lilycove, Mio and Brandon decided to search the department store first in their search for Sydnie and Jyharri. After already checking the first five floors the two went to the top floor and found no one except shoppers.

“Looks like he’s not here,” said Mio.

“You’re right,” Brandon agreed, out of breath. “Instead of taking the stairs can we take the elevator this time?”

Mio walked over to the glass doors where the elevator would arrive, pushing the down arrow. Looking through the glass, the boys saw the elevator slowly rise up to their floor, the doors opening. Mio punched the first floor button, the elevator now slowly descending. Just as they passed the fourth floor, a flash of red caught Mio’s eye. Hitting Brandon slightly, he pointed out the glass. A boy wearing an open red blazer was walking away from the elevator.

“Who’s that?” Brandon asked trying to get a look at him as the elevator kept descending.

“That’s him,” Mio shouted as he hit the doors open button. Instead of the doors opening, the elevator kept descending until it hit the first floor. As soon as the doors opened Mio dashed out of them. “Take the elevator up to the seventh floor! I’ll take the stairs! He won’t be able to escape us!”

Brandon just nodded as he pressed the number seven button. As the elevator began to ascend Brandon wondered why Mio was acting so strange. He still had no idea what was going on. As the elevator arrived on the seventh floor, Brandon looked around, but did not see anyone wearing a red blazer. Busting through the door leading to the stairs, Mio appeared on the seventh floor breathing heavily.

“Did he get on the elevator?” Mio asked.

“If he did I wouldn’t be here now would I?” Brandon answered in a smart tone.

“He’s got to be on the roof,” Mio said through gritted teeth. “Come on!”

“Really,” Brandon complained as the two ran up the stairs that led to the roof.

As the two reached the door, Mio threw it open. When he stepped out he only felt the wind and saw nothing except the city below. Taking more steps out Mio noticed a figure near the edge of the roof. Because of the dark sky he could not tell who it was.

“It’s you,” Mio said almost as a growl. “Where’s Sydnie?”

“At her house safe and sound,” the figure said, not even turning around.

“How long is that going to last?” asked Mio.

“Not long. I’ve gotten the address a few hours ago and I plan to visit her tomorrow. What happens to her will be decided tomorrow. My mission isn’t to kill; it’s to capture.”

The figure turned their head, one eye facing Mio and Brandon. A chill went up both their spines as the figure’s yellow eye pierced them. Brandon stepped out onto the roof just as the figure walked to the edge.

“Stop right there,” called Mio. “In the name of Dimitrios and the Black Organization I am placing you under arrest!”

“You place me under arrest?” the figure questioned. “I think not.”

The figure jumped over the edge as Mio dashed towards him, but when he reached the edge, the figure was gone. Mio slammed his fist onto the edge of the roof as Brandon looked around in the sky.

“Looks like we failed,” said Mio. “Without her address we can no longer help Sydnie.”

After ditching Mio and Brandon, Jyharri flew to Livi’s house and slept for a good four hours before waking to sunlight beaming in the window. The sun had barely risen above the horizon, the sky a color combination of orange and pink. While Livi lay in her bed Jyharri quickly changed into the robes Aeolus left in his suitcase. Instead of being robes they were more a matching top with pants. The top had a cape coming off the shoulder hanging down to the middle of his back. Pulling up the hood, Jyharri pulled the window open. Hopping onto the window sill, Jyharri jumped out the window. Charizard appeared and carried him up into the air.

“Time to go visit Sydnie,” Jyharri said, an evil smile on his face as his eyes flashed yellow.

After locating Sydnie’s house, Jyharri landed on a cliff that overlooked the residence. He sat on the edge, his left leg hanging off while the other was bent, and his foot on the ground. His left arm rested on his thigh with his right hand holding onto his right knee. The back door to the two story house opened up, a girl walking out. The girl wore a light pink dress, a circular straw hat on her head. Jyharri watched the girl intently as she began to water the flowers of a small garden that was near the house. She smiled as she fed the plants, giving each one a little pat. Jyharri glared at the girl as he clenched his fist, his eyes turning yellow. Suddenly the girl’s body became cold while she felt someone’s eyes staring straight through her. She turned to face the cliff, thinking she saw a flash of white, but when she faced the cliff nothing was there.

“Calm down Sydnie,” she told herself as she went back to tending the flowers.

Seemingly out of nowhere, two feet hit the ground right in front of Sydnie’s face. She flinched before starting to follow the feet up to the legs, and then to the torso. Finally when she saw the face all she could see were yellow eyes staring her in the face. Slowly standing Sydnie shakily backed away, dropping the water pail she carried.

“Who are you?” she asked as her voice wavered.

The thing began to laugh as it pulled down its hood to reveal a face Sydnie knew. Still laughing, the laughter soon changed to one full of malice.

“J-j-jyhar-” Sydnie let out before a sharp pain went through her gut. Soon her surroundings faded as everything turned into darkness.

Jyharri stood over an unconscious Sydnie, a frown on his face. He pulled Sydnie up, throwing her body over his shoulder. As he entered the house he looked around for any sign of her family. A note on the refrigerator calmed him down. It said that Sydnie’s family had left before she was awake. Carrying her to her room, Jyharri put Sydnie on her bed and began to search around. After searching for a few minutes Jyharri found Sydnie’s wallet on her dresser. Quickly going through it, he pulled out a black card. After inspecting it for a while Jyharri dug through Sydnie’s purse before pulling out her PDA. Going through her messages revealed what the card was. A message read, “Sydnie, there is a black card located in your wallet. It is a key card for our main base. Take good care of it and stop by whenever you need to. Your leader, Dimitrios.”

An evil smile appeared on Jyharri’s face as he placed her PDA back into her purse. After leaving the house he pulled out his own PDA and began dialing a number. “Aeolus,” he said as he walked away from the house, his eyes still yellow. “I think it’s time we pay the Black Organization a visit.”

shiny gible

Nice chapter dude, the idea went into great detail and now that Jyharri has the access card then he can finnaly see what the Black Organization has to offer
Now this is getting interesting with Eevees evolution into Glaceon and with Brandon and Mio tracking Jyharri down, I guess well see what happens at school with their friendship

Shikamio

Really good chapter, I'm glad on Eevee's evolution. I'm not too thrilled on the whole Jyharri going evil crazy dude. I'd like to see Mio and Jyharri battle, maybe throw Brandon in there too.

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Hey, i forgot i haven't reviewed the last chapter (the one before this one, i mean). Lavrenity was a bit of an oddball, herself. Brings a character of mine to mind (she hasn't appeared yet, not for a while to come, anyways)

So Jyharri's Beserk Button is people telling him he'll fail or lose. Interesting. Like Shikamio, I really don't get how Jyharri pulls an evil switcheroo with next to no stimulation. it made reading that scene weird.

Poor Dimitros. If Sydnie's treatment was any indication of Jyharri's evil orientation, Black Organization's in a lot of trouble.

Well, gotta lot to do (Reading, writing and reviewing-wise), so i guess i'll sign off here.

L@er!

Evil_Lord

Sorry to say, I haven't posted here in almost a year, and I just want to say how much I love how the fic has progressed.

These two organisation, and Mio being a member of the Dark Organization.

The tournament really was great as well, keep the great fic coming.

Oh and sorry for this being so short, I'll try to make them longer and more detailed in the future.

Oh and also Jyharri is a pimp and we all know it.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Hey there readers. Here is the 22nd chapter of Dedication Through Light and Darkness. I would rate this chapter PG because of certain words towards the end. This chapter has more plot development and the introduction of six new characters. With the start of a new arc I have a new theme song. It is titled Invincible and is by the band Adelitas Way. You can watch the video by clicking here. Enjoi.

Chapter 22: Team Lustrous Takes the Stage!

The first week of winter break had been an eventful one. The second week wasn’t. Every student from the Pokémon Academy trained their hardest during the second week, minus a few exceptions. After the events with Jyharri and Sydnie, the latter woke up in her bed, thinking it all but a dream. After getting used to her new body, Jyharri had begun to train Glaceon, learning some of her faults and some of her strengths. Livi had been happy to help Jyharri in his training which in turn helped her train her Pokémon as well. A blare sounded as Livi and Jyharri traveled to the docks of Lilycove City, leaving the city behind and heading back to the Academy. The air had been cold, goose bumps appearing all over Livi’s arms. The sky had retained its black color, all the stars still visible. Crowds of students gathered around the boat as a man checked their PDAs as they got on. After settling in his room, Jyharri decided to pay Livi a visit, being careful to check for Sydnie or Mio.

“Now which room was hers?” Jyharri asked himself as he walked down the hall. “I guess this one is as good as any.”

Stopping at room 119, Jyharri knocked on the door as he looked at the ground. A shuffling noise came from behind the door as a click was heard. The door opened to reveal a girl of about the same age as Jyharri. Observing her blazer, Jyharri figured she was in Lightning Yellow. When she saw Jyharri she became surprised. Jyharri felt that there was something familiar about the girl. His eyes started at her feet and slowly began to move up. When he saw her face he knew why she seemed familiar.

“Jyharri, what are you doing here?” she asked.

“Stacy, what a surprise,” he said with a nervous chuckle.

“I went to your house,” Stacy told him. “I was worried about you when I found out you weren’t there. So why were you in Hoenn?”

“I was visiting a friend,” Jyharri lied.

“I have to tell Sydnie you’re alright,” said Stacy as she pulled out her PDA.

Jyharri quickly placed his hand on her PDA, stopping her from contacting Sydnie. “It’s ok. I’ll find her once we’re back at school. I’ll go now though. I have to find someone.”

Jyharri quickly left the room, heading down the hall again. Hanging a left, Jyharri ran into something, that something letting out a small, “Eek!”

“Oh! I’m sorry,” Jyharri said as he looked at the ground, trying to see who it was he had run into.

“I let you stay at my house and then you go pushing me down,” the something said.

“Livi, there you are,” exclaimed Jyharri. “We should go back to your room.”

“I thought you said you had a girlfriend,” Livi said with a smile.

Jyharri shook his head as he pulled Livi up and began to pull her down the hall. As the two left a person began to follow them, completely hidden by the shadow. When Jyharri and Livi entered her room, their pursuer quietly approached their door and put their ear to the door.

“So why were you looking for me?” Livi asked as she jumped onto her bed.

Jyharri put his hands into his pockets and began to pace the room. “I wanted to talk to someone.”

“Ok then let’s talk,” said Livi as she patted the spot next to her on the bed.

“Do you know if dreams mean anything?” Jyharri asked.

“Well dreams always mean something, but different dreams have different meanings.”

Jyharri took his left hand out of his pocket, covering his eye as he began to recall the dreams he had. He fell backwards, his right hand coming out of his pocket as well. Livi looked him up and down before she lay next to him.

“I’ve been having these dreams lately,” he started. “Sometimes they’re long and sometimes they’re very short, but I always find myself waking up all sweaty and very shallow breaths.”

“What do you dream about?” asked Livi as she studied him very closely.

“Lately I’ve been dreaming of this young woman. She doesn’t seem that much older than me.”

“Do you have an older sister?”

Jyharri shook his head. “The only sibling I have is my older brother. He left a while ago to go on a journey. I haven’t seen him in over a decade. Sometimes I dream of a man too, but most of the time it’s the woman. She seems familiar, but I’ve never seen her in my life.”

Livi watched as Jyharri’s expression changed to a very serious one, his eyebrows arching and a frown appearing on his face. Slowly, Livi’s hand inched towards his. Once they were touching her hand interlocked with his. When she saw there was no reaction from him she moved closer, resting her head on his chest. Livi closed her eyes as she listened to Jyharri’s slow heartbeat. Looking up at him, she noticed that he had fallen asleep.

“It’s going to be a while before we get back to school,” she said closing her eyes. “Might as well get some rest as well.”

The person standing outside took their ear away from the door and began to sulk down the hall. A small tear trickled down their face, the light from the ceiling shining off of it. The drop of water fell of their face and hit the floor creating a tiny splash. The person fell against the wall, tears now streaming down their face. The small light on the ceiling shook causing it to sway back and forth. A small fraction of the light hit the person, showing a sliver of yellow. The person sank down to the floor, tears still running down their face. As the ship plowed through the waves a Lightning Yellow student cried their eyes out in the interior of the ship. After all, it’s not every day that it seems you’ve lost your boyfriend.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Welcome back students! We hope you enjoyed your two week break,” said Headmistress Taylor’s voice over an intercom. Her voice echoed throughout the entire school, ensuring that everyone heard it. “This semester should be packed with as much learning and fun as the last one. So go forth and be the best you can be!”

The students had begun to flood the campus, catching up with friends they didn’t get to see over the break. Jyharri and Livi exited the boat, Jyharri walking her to the Leaf Green dorm.

“Thanks for spending time with me,” Livi said with a small giggle. “It was nice even though we fell asleep.”

“Right,” agreed Jyharri as he fixed his bag on his shoulder. “I’ll see you around.”

When Jyharri began to walk away, a person appeared in front of him. Startled, Jyharri jumped back.

“Stacy,” said Jyharri once he realized who it was. “You startled me. Is something wrong?”

Stacy’s usual happy vibe was gone, an angry look on her face. “I know you went to that girl’s room. What did you do in there?”

A questioning look came over Jyharri’s face. He looked over her face, noticing that there were tear marks still left on her face. She had been crying, no, she was weeping.

“How did you know?” Jyharri asked.

“When you left I followed you,” she answered, tears coming to her eyes. “Am I not enough for you? Am I not good enough?”

“Yes you are,” Jyharri said, placing his hands on her arms, trying to comfort her.

Stacy shook his arms off her, backing away a little. “Obviously not because you go off with all these girls and do Arceus knows what. I liked you Jyharri. I liked you a lot.”

Jyharri’s gaze changed to face the ground. Stacy began to weep in front of him, snivels and cries the only thing coming out of her mouth. Jyharri looked up at her again, his face one of seriousness.

“Why would you like a guy like me anyway?” Jyharri said quietly. “I’m not the type of guy you should like.”

“You’re a great guy,” Stacy said between cries. “You really are. It’s just that you hang around all these girls and I don’t know what you’re doing. You’re the guy I’ve always dreamed of.”

“There’s that again,” said Jyharri, still looking at the ground. “I’m not the guy you think I am. You may think you know me, but you don’t.”

“But-” she tried to interject.

“But nothing,” he continued. “I am manipulative; I strive for power and glory. If you stick around me then you’ll end up getting hurt.” Jyharri turned his back on Stacy, his head turning to the side. “I’ll be going now. Have a good semester.”

Jyharri began to walk off, leaving Stacy weeping by the Leaf Green dorm. Clouds began to move in, the sky darkening a bit. A small wind picked up as Stacy fell to her knees. Jyharri grabbed onto his hat, pulling it slightly over his face. Many people attempted to say hi, but he ignored them and continued on to the Fire Red dorm.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Good morning students! Today is the day class resumes. Pick up your new schedule and enjoy your new classes!”

The next day was, as the voice over the intercom said, the day that classes were starting up again. After picking up his new schedule, Jyharri dragged himself to his first class; Pokémon History.

“Can anyone tell me who one of the most famous champions of Kanto is?” the teacher asked the class.

A few people raised their hands, but it wasn’t many. Resting his head on his hand Jyharri began to fall asleep, his head almost falling out of his hand. Surprisingly, the teacher called on someone who actually had their hand up. With a feeling of relief Jyharri put his head on his desk in an attempt to go to sleep.

“If anyone is sleeping then they should be happy to know that I can fail them for that now,” the teacher announced.

Several people jolted up including Jyharri. Not knowing what else to do, Jyharri pulled out his notebook and began to take notes. After about an hour, the telephone on the teacher’s desk began to ring.

“Keep working on that sheet,” said the teacher as he went to the phone. “No talking or you fail.”

Once the teacher hung up the phone he wrote something on a sticky note, walking over to Jyharri’s desk and sticking it to his hand. It read, “You are needed at the office. Finish that worksheet for homework.” Jyharri quickly put everything back into his backpack and exited the room with a smile on his face. He walked in long strides, taking a little hop every once in a while. Once he reached the office door he quickly went back to his usual calm expression. When he entered the room a man to his left caught his eye. Seeing him would catch anyone’s eye as he was dressed in all white. His eyes seemed to go through the soul and his smile sent a chill up the spine. Aeolus was standing in the Academy’s office.

“Jyharri,” said the receptionist, “this man said he needs to talk to you.”

“Yes Jyharri,” Aeolus said. “Walk and talk with me my boy.”

“Um, he’s in school right now,” the receptionist said.

“It’s alright. I’ll return him before the school day is over.”

Aeolus put his arm around Jyharri’s shoulder and led him outside. The sun was bright and warm, instantly heating up their skin the instant the rays hit them. Silence reigned over the two as Aeolus led Jyharri away from the Academy and towards the shore. Once they reached the shore Jyharri saw a man dressed in a similar robe to Jyharri’s, minus the cape.

“Jyharri my boy,” Aeolus finally said. “I’ve kept you in the dark too long. I should have done this a while ago.”

“What are you going to do?” Jyharri asked a little nervous.

“I’m going to let you meet your teammates,” Aeolus said with a laugh, “your fellow members of Team Lustrous.”

The man on the shore stood erect once Aeolus reached him. The leader of Team Lustrous nodded and the man tossed a Pokéball into the air, an Alakazam emerging from it. The Alakazam positioned itself in front of the three males, holding his hands out.

“I am going to bring you to our base,” Aeolus told him. “Alakazam use Teleport.”

A light, translucent blue sphere appeared around the group. With a slight grunt from Alakazam, they vanished. In less than a millisecond, they appeared in a white room on a balcony, hundreds of people in chairs below them. Golden banners hung on the walls beside the balcony with a giant white L on them. The man who sent out Alakazam recalled him and ran into the room behind the balcony. Twenty seconds later he joined the rest of his comrades down below.

“You see these people?” asked Aeolus. Without even saying anything Jyharri nodded, his mouth hung open. “You are their superior. They are weak and you are strong. You control them.”

“I can’t control anyone,” Jyharri said. “I’m just not capable of that.”

Aeolus began to laugh, his laugh sending chills throughout Jyharri’s body. “Your eyes can do much more than you think. Using just your left eye, you can control any of the lower ranks of Team Lustrous. That isn’t the reason I brought you here though. I want you to meet six people. These six have proven to me that they are the best and that they are loyal to me.”

Pulling him into the room behind the balcony, Jyharri first saw an elliptical table. Seated around the table were six figures. All of them were facing their leader except one. The exception was facing the wall, his fingers interlocked by his face. They all wore the same robe that Jyharri had with one difference; they all had emblems on their right shoulders

“Who do we have here?” asked the one nearest Jyharri, obviously female.

“Another recruit huh?” said the next one, another female.

“Hopefully he’s stronger than those other ones that the boss brought in,” the third one said with a deep gruff voice.

“If he’s not then can I get rid of this one?” a male asked.

The fifth one down didn’t even look at Jyharri. He just continued to stare at the wall. The one after him stood up and approached Jyharri. From the way they walked it was obvious they were a female. She had a long slender body; her white heels making her seem taller. Once she reached Jyharri she touched the right side of his face with a soft white glove, moving her hand slowly.

“Don’t be frightened child,” she said. “I won’t hurt you. My name is Doris. I am Radiant rank so you know I’m good.”

She gave him a light tap on the cheek, Jyharri flinching a little. As she spun around to return to her seat, her black hair hit Jyharri in the face, the faint smell of cherry blossoms entering his nose. The first one who spoke stood up to introduce herself, pushing her blonde hair out of her face.

“I think I can introduce the rest of us,” she said with a thick country accent. “I am Eos. The lovely brunette next to me is Hestia. The thick bald headed guy to her right is my brother Eros. To his right is the mad man Chryses, and the quiet one is Alexander.”

“These six are my best operatives,” Aeolus said proudly.

“What is with the different colored emblems?” asked Jyharri.

“They all correspond with what Pokémon they use,” explained Aeolus as he held out his hand towards Eos. “Take Eos for example. Her emblem is green because she has a Roserade. Eros’s is gray because of his Armaldo and so on. Now take a seat. We must start making our attack plans.”

“Attack plans,” Jyharri asked as he took a seat next to Alexander.

“In a few weeks time we will launch an assault on the Black Organization’s base. If this attack goes well then we will end this war and end their entire organization!”

Suddenly Jyharri became light headed. Sydnie was in the Black Organization. That would mean she would be attacked as well. Trying to hide his sudden unsettlement Jyharri put his hand to his head. Alexander gave him a quick glance, his eyes flashing blue.

“The new kid is uneasy about this,” Alexander said quietly.

Surprised, Jyharri turned to face Alexander, the latter going back to facing the wall. Aeolus walked over to Jyharri and put a hand on his shoulder.

“I know what’s going through your mind,” said Aeolus. “Sydnie is not your friend anymore. She has joined the enemy. She decided long ago that she would be part of that criminal group. If she must be destroyed then you must do it.”

Aeolus’s words did not make Jyharri’s uneasiness go away. They actually made it worse. He couldn’t bring himself to destroy anyone, let alone one of his good friends.

“Now, when we reach their base then we will focus our attacks at the same point and bust their door wide open,” continued Aeolus, walking back to the head of the table.

“No need to,” said Jyharri barely above a whisper.

“How else are we going to get in smart ***?” Hestia asked with a vicious tone.

From his pocket, Jyharri produced the black card he had stolen from Sydnie. He slid it across the table to Aeolus, the boss looking it over carefully. Doris stood up, trying to get a better look at the card.

“Great job Jyharri,” said Aeolus, his twisted smile appearing on his face again. “What we have here is a key to the Black Organization base. With this, two of our members can disguise themselves as members of their organization and infiltrate their base.”

“But who’s to go?” Eros asked. “I don’t do sneaking around. I like to smash skulls in.”

“Same here,” Chryses said.

“I think it’s quite clear who should go,” Aeolus said, “only our best, Alexander, and our newest member Jyharri.”

Alexander’s eyes moved from the wall, to Aeolus, then to Jyharri. The only sound that came out of him was a, “Hmph.”

“Jyharri,” Aeolus said, walking around the table. “We have a few weeks time before we launch the first attack. You will signal that attack from their base.”

“What about school?” Jyharri asked, trying to take his mind off of possibly having to kill Sydnie.

“Don’t worry. I have connections with a few people at the school. Your grades won’t drop one bit. I want to thank you for giving me this card. You have sealed the fate of the entire Black Organization.”

“And what is their fate?” Jyharri asked again.

“It is the fate that we all share,” said Aeolus. “Death.”

Shadow XD001

SL said:
Alexander’s eyes moved from the wall, to Aeolus, then to Jyharri. The only sound that came out of him was a, “Hmph.”
I don't think you need a comma there.

Anyway, this was a very good chapter. I'm not surprised Jyharri is going to infiltrate since he got the Card and he's the main Character, anyway. So, Jyharri pretty much broke up with Stacy, correct? Did the egg ever hatch?

Lolitar

Im quite confused as shadow also, I dont remember reading anything about the egg being transported to Hoenn, and He hasnt used a new pokemon besides duskull, which he said he caught..

Shadow XD001

I know that Jyharri has the egg, but when is it gonna hatch? He's had it for a few chapters and in the story that is about 2 weeks or so.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Anyway, this was a very good chapter. I'm not surprised Jyharri is going to infiltrate since he got the Card and he's the main Character, anyway.

Many thanks for the review. Now we just have to wait and see if its successful

So, Jyharri pretty much broke up with Stacy, correct? Did the egg ever hatch?

Yes and then no. The egg is still an egg. Want to take a guess as to what is in it?

Im quite confused as shadow also, I dont remember reading anything about the egg being transported to Hoenn, and He hasnt used a new pokemon besides duskull, which he said he caught..

Well it was Gastly and the egg stayed in his room. They were only gone for two weeks. Do you want to be on the PM List

Shadow XD001

I just read the part in the chapter where he got the egg and I believe I know what Pokemon it is. Is it Shinx? (you could either say it's a good guess and a possibility or PM/VM me if it was right or wrong)

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I just read the part in the chapter where he got the egg and I believe I know what Pokemon it is. Is it Shinx? (you could either say it's a good guess and a possibility or PM/VM me if it was right or wrong)

That is a good guess. I'm not going to answer at all :p Just keep guessing and you'll find out later. The next chapter should be up within the next two weeks. If I work dilligently then it should be up later this week. Unless anyone wants to place a vote for their favorite character then Sydnie and Brandon tie for first place

Shadow XD001

So can you at least tell us the chapter the egg is gonna hatch in?

Out of Sydnie and Brandon, I'd say Sydnie just because we've seen more of her and she is on the Black Organization and Jyharri is on Team Lustrous, that's interesting.