• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Dedication through Light and Darkness

Chapter 4: Talk About a Reunion!

“…and that is the history of the Pokéball. Hey Jyharri, wake up!”

Jyharri jumped up, startled from the teacher’s yell.

“It’s the first day of school,” said the teacher. “How can you be asleep?”

“I’m sorry dude, but you’re just boring,” Jyharri said bluntly.

The rest of the students started to snicker. Jyharri then felt something hit his arm.

“Ow,” he said as he turned seeing Sydnie.

“You don’t tell a teacher they are boring,” she hissed at him. “Besides, this is kind of interesting.”

“This is boring on the highest level! Boring to the nth degree! I’m so bored I would rather watch my fingernails grow!”

By now steam was coming off of the teachers head. “Out of the class now Jyharri,” he yelled.

Jyharri picked up his bag and started to walk out of the room. As he got out of the classroom he sat against the wall and stared up at the ceiling.

Might as well catch some Z’s, Jyharri thought.

After about thirty-three minutes a familiar voice rang through Jyharri’s head.

“What are you doing out here?” said the voice.

As Jyharri opened his eyes, Brandon came into view. The yellow blazer stood out the most of all the things on him.

“Got sent out of the classroom,” he told him. “What are you doing?”

“Got sent to the principal’s office,” Brandon smiled. “Want to come?”

“I don’t have anything better to do,” Jyharri said standing up. “Where is the principal’s office anyway?”

“I actually don’t know,” Brandon answered truthfully. “I was going to ask you that.”

Jyharri sighed. “What a loser.”

As they wandered the halls they noticed that almost the whole educational facilities consisted of the four school colors. As they rounded a corner they noticed two girls with Pokémon in between them. The two girls looked exactly the same, save for the blazers. One wore a bright yellow unzipped blazer while the other wore a green button up blazer. The girl on the right had a yellow mouse like Pokémon in front of her while her twin had a small, fox-like Pokémon that had a red-brown pelt and six orange tails.

“What’s goin on over there?” Jyharri wondered.

Brandon said nothing, as he was staring at the twin on the right. Jyharri looked at Brandon and waved his hand in front of his face. After not getting a reaction, Jyharri snapped his fingers in Brandon’s face.

“What?” Brandon asked three seconds later.

“What’s goin on over there?” Jyharri said agitated, having to repeat himself.

“Let’s go see,” Brandon said, walking towards the girls.

“Vulpix, use Ember,” the twin on the left shouted.

As her voice left her mouth Jyharri covered his ears.

“Man that voice is annoying!”

As the little fox jumped up, the other twin was preparing. “Get ready to dodge Pikachu.”

The little mouse nodded and readied for a dodge. As the fox jumped it released a barrage of fireballs from its mouth. The Pikachu jumped over them and did a little flip, showing off.

“Now, use Discharge,” the other twin shouted.

“She has the same annoying voice!” Jyharri was still covering his ears.

As Pikachu landed it released several bolts of lightning, none seeming to go in a specific direction. One of the bolts landed right next to Jyharri, missing by a few inches. Vulpix dodged the bolt of lightning headed towards her by doing a perfect back flip. Another lightning bolt headed back towards its trainer. She saw it coming, but her reflexes weren’t fast enough. She was hit and fell to the floor. Her twin ran towards her, but the first one there was Brandon.

“Are you alright?” he asked her worried.

“Yeah,” she answered him. As she looked into his eyes he could see she had beautiful brown eyes. “Thanks. Who are you?”

“I-I-I’m,” he stuttered.

“He’s Brandon,” Jyharri said, walking up to their side, hands in his pockets. “I’m Jyharri.”

“I’ve heard of you,” she said. “You were in that awesome battle on the boat here.”

Jyharri laughed. “The very same,” he said.

Brandon looked at Jyharri, anger rising. I want to punch you in the face so hard, he thought.

“This is my twin, Brenna,” she said point behind Brandon to the girl who looked exactly like her. “And I am Brianna.”

“L-l-let me help you up,” Brandon said, holding out his hand.

Brianna smiled and took his hand. “Thanks,” she said as she stood up.

After helping her up Brandon noticed they were still holding hands. He started to blush as he retracted his hand fast and turned away, looking at a wall. Brianna smiled again at this. As she turned to recall her Pikachu her brown hair whipped Brandon in the back of the head. As he flinched he turned to see Brianna staring straight into his eyes.

“Do you have a problem looking me in the eyes?” she asked him.

“N-n-n-no it’s j-just that I have a p-problem talking to p-p-p,” Brandon said, not finishing his sentence.

“I think he’s trying to say you are beautiful,” Jyharri translated.

“Really,” Brianna said blushing, not facing Brandon.

“Yeah,” said Brandon. “I truly do.”

“What were you guys doing out here battling?” Jyharri asked. “Shouldn’t you be in class?”

“Shouldn’t you be in class?” Brenna shrilly shouted at him.

“Geez, don’t yell,” Jyharri said. “Please for all of us.”

“We got kicked out,” Brianna told him. “What about you guys?”

“We were going to the principal’s office but didn’t know where it was,” said Jyharri.

“It is right over there,” Brenna pointed down the hallway to the left of them. “It has a big sign, so you can’t miss it, even though I almost did.”

Jyharri thanked the twins and started to walk down the hall. After a couple seconds he noticed Brandon wasn’t following him. After grabbing Brandon he started to drag him down the hall.

“Hey,” Brandon told him. “Why didn’t you leave me?”

“Please without me you wouldn’t have said one intelligent thing,” Jyharri told him.

“You’re probably right,” Brandon agreed.

After walking for about five minutes the boys were in front of a door that said “Headmaster Taylor”

“Is the Headmaster a girl?” Brandon asked.

“If it was it would say Headmistress then,” Jyharri told him.

As Jyharri turned the door knob on the oak door he noticed the rowan wood desk in the center of the room. The room was lined with wooden bookshelves that seemed to be made of elm wood. A red chair was behind the desk, the back of it to the boys. A plant on the desk looked like poison ivy, almost purple in color. As the two boys walked into the room they saw a huge window behind the desk. In the reflection they were able to see a young woman who seemed to be in her mid twenties. As she spun around Jyharri thought she looked familiar.

“Don’t I know you from somewhere?” Jyharri asked thinking of who she could be.

“I don’t think so,” she said. “I’m the new headmistress so this is my first day.”

“Same with us,” said Brandon.

“So what can I do for you guys?” the headmistress asked.

“You can start by telling us your name,” Jyharri almost demanded.

The headmistress gave Jyharri a look that said, “I’ll be watching you.”

“I am Headmistress Rojas,” she said. “And you boys are?”

“I’m Brandon.”

“I’m Jyharri.”

“Well I hope I don’t see too much of you two,” said the headmistress smiling. “So what are you here for?”

“In Pokémon Physiology my Torterra “accidently” stomped on this kid’s Cleffa,” Brandon told her.

“I’m here because I feel like it,” Jyharri said shrugging.

The headmistress shook her head. “You boys are already on the wrong path. I’ll let you two off with a warning this time, but next time I’ll go straight to the discipline book. Off to class.”

As Brandon and Jyharri walked out of the office both were surprised. They were expecting to get some sort of punishment, but they just got warnings.

“Well, looks like we got off easy,” said Jyharri.

As they reached the spot where they met Brenna and Brianna the girls were gone. All that was left were burn marks from Pikachu’s Discharge. As Jyharri opened the door to the classroom he was in Brandon waved goodbye. The instant Jyharri stepped in he felt a book hit him in the back of the head. As he turned he saw Sydnie, an angry expression on her face.

“Where did you go?” Sydnie asked loudly.

“Outside the classroom because the teacher told me to go out,” Jyharri told her rubbing the back of his head.

“I stepped out for a drink and didn’t see you,” said Sydnie angrily. “Now where did you go?”

“Oh,” Jyharri said. “I was lost on the path of life.”

Sydnie rolled her eyes and threw the book into Jyharri’s arms. Jyharri laughed and set the book down. As Sydnie turned to walk away Jyharri stopped her.

“What’s wrong?” Jyharri asked.

“I wanted our classes together to be fun and exciting, but so far you’ve slept through all of them,” she told him almost tearing up.

“I’m sorry, but most of the classes we have together have been boring,” Jyharri told her. “Battle Skills was better than this class, but I already know how to battle. I don’t know about you…”

“Is that supposed to mean something?” she asked.

“Well I haven’t seen you battle yet or even seen your team.”

“Then let’s battle at lunch,” Sydnie challenged him. “I’ll prove to you that what I learned in class is better than what you already know!”

The news of the upcoming battle spread through the school like wildfire. Anyone who had that lunch couldn’t wait to see it. Some said it wouldn’t even be that good; others started to pick their favorite. As the lunch bell rang students surrounded the two trainers.

“I’ll give you one last chance to back down before I embarrass you,” Jyharri told Sydnie.

“I won’t give in to you,” Sydnie said angrily.

“Then so be it!”

Jyharri pulled out a Pokéball and held it in between his fingertips. As Sydnie drew hers Jyharri smiled. Sydnie tossed her Pokéball onto the field, an angry expression on her face. As her Pokéball opened a creature similar to a sea serpent appeared. The top of its head was long, with a point at the end, and long hair-like fins drooping from the sides of the head. Glitter sparkled off its body as it came out. The tail of it ended in brilliant blue and pink scales, the end of it looked like a fan.

“Zangoose, standby,” Jyharri shouted.

Zangoose emerged from his Pokéball ready to battle. He held his claws up, telling Milotic to bring it. Milotic just floated in the air staring at Zangoose. Zangoose crouched low, waiting for a command.

“Ladies first,” Jyharri said, bowing a little.

“You’ll regret that,” Sydnie yelled. “Your Zangoose is going down in one hit!”

“Hmph,” was all Jyharri said.

“Milotic use Hydro Pump,” Sydnie cried.

Milotic rose up and flew towards Zangoose. Jyharri noticed it moved in a zigzag motion. As Milotic got closer to Zangoose, the Cat Ferret Pokémon grabbed it by its face.

“Zangoose doesn’t like it when strangers are in his personal space,” Jyharri informed them.

The crowd was cheering loudly as Zangoose stopped Milotic’s attack. Zangoose started to close his claw tighter around Milotic’s face. Zangoose’s other claw started to glow brightly.

“Hit it with Focus Punch,” Jyharri said.

Zangoose swung his glowing claw towards Milotic. The instant before his claw reached Milotic, he let go of it, punching it towards the crowd. The crowd gasped and parted letting Milotic hit a table. As Milotic got back up Sydnie made motions with her hands, ending with pointing at Zangoose. Milotic flew towards Zangoose and in the blink of an eye Milotic was wrapped around Zangoose, squeezing him as tight as she could. Zangoose cried out in pain.

“My Milotic is going to squeeze your Zangoose until it cannot battle anymore,” Sydnie told him. “It would be best if you gave up now! Your battle skills cannot beat what a teacher taught me!”

Jyharri started to laugh. Now Zangoose had started to look angry. He started to clench his claws tighter, his face scrunching up.

“Didn’t I tell you? Zangoose doesn’t like it when strangers are in his personal space.”

Suddenly, Zangoose’s body started to glow yellow. Bolts of electricity started to fly off of his body.

“Now,” Jyharri started, “taste Zangoose’s Thunder attack!”

Zangoose let out a loud cry. Milotic was electrocuted instantly, sliding back towards Sydnie. Zangoose jumped back towards Jyharri, awaiting another command.

“Even though he can’t use Volt Tackle,” Jyharri said. “Zangoose use Quick Attack, then combine it with Thunder, but don’t release it!”

Zangoose dashed towards Milotic, turning into a white blur. Halfway there he was shrouded in electricity. Milotic looked up and could only see a yellow blur running towards her.

“Milotic try to use Water Pulse,” Sydnie cried worried.

Milotic shot out many water rings, but Zangoose was too fast. He dodged all of them. When Zangoose was close enough he jumped. Milotic was surprised and could not dodge. There was a huge explosion, a big gust of wind erupted. Everything that was not held onto was blown away. Kids held onto their hats and blazers. Sydnie covered her eyes while Jyharri stood still, holding on to his hat.

“Your Milotic is done for,” Jyharri told Sydnie as Zangoose ran back to his side. “Recall it and send out your next Pokémon.”

Sydnie recalled her fallen Pokémon and drew another Pokéball, looking at Jyharri with an evil stare. As she tossed out her second Pokéball, Jyharri drew his. Out of Sydnie’s Pokéball came a catlike creature with lavender fur. The gem on its forehead sparkled in the light. Its tail, which forked at the end, swished back and forth.

“My Espeon will not be defeated,” said Sydnie.

Espeon’s white eyes stared at Jyharri. He returned the stare with a smile.

“This should be interesting,” said Jyharri as he threw his Pokéball. “Eevee, standby for battle!”

Eevee emerged from her Pokéball with multiple flips. As she landed, she let out a cry saying she was ready. Eevee started out by dashing towards Espeon in a similar zigzag motion like Milotic. Right before Eevee hit Espeon, she was floating in midair, a pink outline surrounding her. Suddenly Eevee was slowly brought closer to Espeon.

“Eevee should have known of Espeon’s psychic powers,” Sydnie told Jyharri.

“You should know to never underestimate an opponent,” Jyharri said.

Just then, black energy started to gather in Eevee’s mouth. Espeon tried to jump back, but Eevee fired the ball at point blank range. Espeon flew back, skidding against the ground. As Eevee landed, she flipped back to her trainer and Zangoose. Espeon slowly got up and its ears straightened. Eevee was floating into the air again. When Eevee was about ten feet in the air she started to fall to the ground. The crowd gasped as they saw the little Pokémon hit the ground. When Eevee was about to stand up, she was lifted into the air again. Once more she was thrown into the ground. This process was repeated four more times.

“Give up before I injure your Pokémon,” Sydnie yelled.

“Eevee, can you battle?” Jyharri asked his little Pokémon.

Eevee nodded her head as she stood. Eevee stared Espeon down, anger rising. Eevee suddenly disappeared and reappeared a few feet in front of her original spot.

“Keep using Agility, and then follow up with an Iron Tail,” Jyharri shouted.

Eevee’s tail hard started to glow as she dashed towards Espeon.

“Stop that Eevee with Psychic,” Sydnie ordered.

Espeon tried to catch Eevee in its sight, but Eevee was too fast. As Eevee appeared in front of Espeon, she jumped, flipping in the air. Espeon looked up to see Eevee slam her tail into his face.

“Now use Shadow Ball!” Jyharri yelled.

Eevee jumped back and started to gather more black energy into her mouth. When Espeon stood Eevee shot the ball out, hitting Espeon in the side.

“One more hit and Espeon is done!” someone in the crowd shouted.

The crowd buzzed with excitement. It had looked like Eevee was going to win.

“Espeon, use Morning Sun,” said Sydnie.

Espeon looked out one of the windows and stared into the sun. Suddenly his injuries were healed. Espeon stood up like it had never been hit before.

“No way!” part of the crowd groaned.

Another part of the crowd cheered wildly. Eevee started to breathe heavily.

This isn’t good, Jyharri thought. Eevee is running out of steam and Espeon is like it just came out of the package. I have to do something!

“Espeon,” Sydnie said quietly. “Finish this with Focus Blast.”

Now energy had started to gather in Espeon’s mouth. The major difference between Espeon’s and Eevee’s was the color. Espeon’s was brownish with some white. The energy seemed to be spinning in Espeon’s mouth.

“Get out of there Eevee!” Jyharri shouted. “That’s a Fighting type attack!”

Eevee dashed to the side and tried to run around Espeon, but when she got close the blast was released and caught Eevee in the side. Eevee slid to the feet of the crowd not moving. Jyharri turned his hat backwards and recalled his Eevee. Zangoose started to growl at Espeon and Sydnie, angry that they hurt his friend.

“I was going to go easy on you, but it looks like I’m going to have to show no mercy and finish you here and now!” Jyharri yelled.

“Your best will not defeat me,” Sydnie told him, recalling Espeon. “Every move I make I learned from someone.”

“Zangoose, Zang, Zangoose!” Zangoose shouted at Sydnie.

“Zangoose said, “No matter what you do you are done for”,” Jyharri explained.

As both trainers drew their Pokéballs, they waited. Sydnie eyed Jyharri, wondering what he could have up his sleeve while Jyharri just smiled. Sydnie threw her Pokéball out first.

“I will not lose to you!” she yelled.

Out of her Pokéball came a reptilian creature that resembled a toad or dinosaur. Its blue-green color made it radically different from Sydnie’s other Pokémon. Its most notable feature was the bulb on its back. It was green in color and was a little smaller than it was. Jyharri looked at the little Pokémon and fell over laughing. The crowd started to laugh also, even Zangoose started to laugh.

“That’s your last Pokémon?” Jyharri asked between laughs.

“Yeah,” Sydnie said stomping her foot. “You have a problem with it?”

“Yeah,” Jyharri replied. “I think it will be too easy.”

Jyharri tossed his Pokéball out, trying to stop laughing. Out of his Pokéball came his ace Pokémon; Charizard. The little green Pokémon started to shake as he looked at Charizard. Charizard looked down at his opponent and shot flames out of his nostrils.

“Bulbasaur,” Sydnie called out. “Don’t be afraid. You can win!”

Bulbasaur stopped shaking and looked at Charizard, focused on taking him down. Bulbasaur dashed towards the Fire Type, not thinking of what might happen. Charizard simply put his foot on top of Bulbasaur’s head, stopping him in its tracks. Bulbasaur tried to overpower Charizard’s foot, but he failed. As Bulbasaur tried to overpower Charizard again the Fire Pokémon simply moved his foot. Bulbasaur kept running until he ran into a stone pillar. Charizard turned and crossed his arms.

“Bulbasaur use Vine Whip!” Sydnie shouted.

Bulbasaur turned around vines shot out from the sides of his bulb. As the reached Charizard, he just grabbed a hold of them. Bulbasaur tried to pull them back, but Charizard proved he was stronger.

“Oh no,” Sydnie cried.

“Finish him,” Jyharri calmly said.

Charizard pulled on the vines making Bulbasaur fly towards him. Suddenly Charizard’s right claw was surrounded by fire. He balled it into a fist and punched Bulbasaur in the gut. As Bulbasaur hit the ground Charizard jumped back and expelled a stream of fire from his mouth. As it hit Bulbasaur Sydnie recalled him. Sydnie slumped down to the ground, holding Bulbasaur’s Pokéball.

“Looks like you were right,” said Sydnie. “You are better than me.”

“Same old Jyharri,” said a voice from the crowd.

Jyharri turned to face where the voice came from. Out of the crowd stepped a girl wearing a red blazer. Her golden brown hair came down to her shoulders, her blue eyes complimenting it. Her white skirt seemed to sway as she walked.

“Is that you Jessica?” Jyharri asked.

“Who else is your number one rival?”

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Ouch.... talk about your rebels...

SO Brandon has a crush on a twin... man this opens up so many vistas for funny.

The battle was protrayed very nicely. I could literally see everything that went down in their fight. This seems to be quite a week for battle chapters. 'Tis a sign....

And enter yet another rival. Just how many does Jyharri have?

Well, there are no shortages of surprises just et. So bring on the beef, baby!

L@er!

Torpoleon

Nice Chapter! The battle was good, Charizard vs. Bulbsaur, taht was a good one. I thought Sydnie would be a lot stronger!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Edit: This chapter is shorter than the rest by three pages. I felt that where I ended it was good. Enough of my yappin'! Enjoi!

Dedication Through Light and Darkness
Chapter 5: Old Faces in the Crowd!

“It is you Jessica. I haven’t seen you in ages!”

The girl, Jessica, laughed. “You haven’t changed at all.”

As Jyharri walked up to her Zangoose dashed in front of him and stopped in front of Jessica.

“Is this the same Zangoose from when we were little kids?” she asked. “I remember it was small at first. He’s gotten big.”

“Yeah,” Jyharri replied with a smile. “I officially caught him a couple years back.”

Suddenly the crowd swarmed Jyharri. Many were cheering and congratulating him. Half of the crowd stood by Sydnie, glaring in Jyharri’s direction. Many of the people from the crowd around Jyharri patted him on the back. Jyharri then slid through the crowd, recalling Charizard and Zangoose.

“I remember when that Charizard was a Charmander,” Jessica told him. “Seems like your battle skills have improved, but you still can’t beat me.”

“I don’t see you as a rival anymore,” Jyharri said to her. “Now you’re just a good friend.”

Jessica laughed. “That’s funny cause I wanted to battle you.”

“I never said we couldn’t battle,” Jyharri said with a smirk.

“Jyharri,” yelled a voice from the crowd.

The two old friends turned to see another girl making her way through the crowd towards them. Her hair, being a brown-red color, made her stand out. She was also wearing a red blazer, indicating she was Fire Red. Her blue eyes were just like Jessica’s save for being a little lighter. Her gray pants stopped at her ankles, just fitting her. As she reached Jyharri and Jessica she fell on her face.

“Are you alright?” Jyharri asked as he knelt down.

“Yeah,” said the girl.

Jyharri held out his hand, offering to help her up. As she took his hand she started to blush. Jyharri smiled as he helped her stand up.

“Jyharri this is Genevieve,” Jessica introduced them. “Genevieve is also from Blackthorn.”

“Then how come I never saw her before?” Jyharri asked, not taking his eyes off Genevieve.

“I didn’t just hang out with you,” Jessica told him.

Genevieve opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. She blushed again and walked back into the crowd.

“I think she likes me,” Jyharri said to Jessica happily.

“Why would she like you?” Jessica asked. “There is nothing to like.”

Jyharri glared at Jessica and walked away.

How dare she say that, Jyharri thought, I’m likeable, right?

As Jyharri walked away he felt a hand on his shoulder. The hand turned him around to come face to face with a teacher.

“You’re in big trouble now young man,” said the teacher.

“Why?” Jyharri asked bewildered.

“YOU DESTROYED HALF THE LUNCH ROOM,” the teacher yelled.

As Jyharri turned around he saw burn marks all over the walls and floors of where the battle took place. Several tables were destroyed, either broken in half or completely obliterated. Jyharri turned back around and sighed. He knew where he was going; the headmistress’ office. As soon as he got there he saw the name on the door had been changed already. It now read “Headmistress Taylor”. Jyharri knocked very slowly, not wanting to know what would happen to him.

“Come in,” said the headmistress.

As soon as Jyharri stepped in, the headmistress sighed.

“It’s not my fault,” Jyharri said immediately.

“What did you do?” she asked.

“I kind of destroyed part of the lunch room,” Jyharri admitted.

Headmistress Taylor pushed a button on her desk and a television dropped down from the ceiling and set up against the far wall. Jyharri turned to see the lunch room being displayed on the screen. After a few minutes Jyharri was shown talking to Sydnie.

“What is this?” Jyharri asked.

“A security recording of the lunch room,” the headmistress explained. “There are cameras in the lunch room and the classrooms.”

As Jyharri watched the screen he saw his battle replayed. After the battle it showed the crowd swarm around Jyharri and Jessica. It even showed Genevieve trip and face plant. Jyharri couldn’t help laughing at this.

“That was an impressive battle,” said Taylor.

“So I won’t be punished for it?” Jyharri asked eagerly.

“Oh you will be punished,” said Taylor. “You have to pay for the damages you did to the cafeteria.”

“WHAT?!” Jyharri screamed. “How much will it be?”

“Around $1500,” Taylor told him.

“How am I supposed to come up with that kind of money?” Jyharri asked.

“Not my problem.”

As Jyharri left the headmistress’ office he was furious. This is all Sydnie’s fault, Jyharri thought, If she hadn’t challenged me then I wouldn’t be in this situation. Wait, that’s it! I’ll get the money from Sydnie!

As Jyharri arrived back in the cafeteria he started looking for Sydnie. As soon as he got there the bell rang to go to the next class. As Jyharri walked against the crowd he spotted Sydnie on the other side. She was talking with Jessica and Genevieve. Jyharri made his way through the ocean of people towards the three girls. Right when he was about to tap Sydnie a boy stepped in front of him.

“Can I have your autograph?” he asked.

“No, kid,” Jyharri told. “I’m in the middle of something important.”

“Please,” the kid begged.

Jyharri pulled a red sharpie out of his pocket and hastily scrawled his signature on a piece of paper the kid was holding. As soon as the kid was out of the way Sydnie was gone.

Dammit! Jyharri thought. I’ll just have to find her later.

-----------------------------------------------------

“So what do you guys think of Jyharri?”

“He’s a really good battler; I mean he did beat me.”

“Yeah, but when we were kids he could never beat me.”

Jessica laughed in the back of the classroom. It turned out that Sydnie, Genevieve and she had the same Pokémon Physiology class. The three girls had sat in the back of the class chatting, but when the subject came to Jyharri Genevieve became silent.

“He seems to be cockier now,” Jessica said.

“He has a right to,” Genevieve suddenly said.

“What,” asked Jessica and Sydnie in unison.

“I didn’t say anything,” replied Genevieve, covering her mouth.

“Anyway,” Jessica continued, “if I battle him, I think I would win. His battle style is probably the same.”

“Didn’t you see our battle?” Sydnie asked her.

“No, but I caught the end of it when Charizard used Flamethrower.”

“I don’t know how he beat me though,” said Sydnie. “My Milotic should have beaten that Zangoose. I knew Espeon would win, but I had no idea he had a Charizard.”

“Maybe you were off,” Jessica suggested.

“Yeah that’s it,” Sydnie agreed. “I was off. I’ll beat him another day.”

“While we’re talking about Jyharri have you seen how he tries to act cool?” Jessica asked with a little laugh.

“Yeah,” Sydnie said also laughing. “He probably thinks he’s the coolest first year.”

“Then there is how he thinks he is the best,” Jessica pointed out. “When we battle I’ll prove to him that I am still number one.”

“Maybe he is good,” Genevieve said. “Did you ever think of that?”

“Genevieve, what has gotten into you?” Jessica asked a surprised look on her face.

“Well, I’m sitting here listen to you guys badmouth probably one of the best battlers in our year like it’s nothing,” explained Genevieve. “You say he’s cocky and here you are saying you could beat him easily without having seen him battle. I saw the battle in the cafeteria and I don’t think you could beat him. I’m sorry Jessica, but you would have to train a lot to beat him, same with you Sydnie.”

“Hey,” said Sydnie, “I was off today.”

Genevieve started to chuckle. “You weren’t off. You tried your hardest to beat him, but failed. I’m going to go do my work elsewhere.”

Genevieve grabbed her backpack and book and walked to a desk opposite the room of Jessica and Sydnie.

“Does she always act like this?” Sydnie asked.

“This is the first time,” Jessica told her. “I don’t know what’s up with her.”

“Girls,” said a voice in front of them.

The teacher had walked from his desk to the back of the room, staring the girls down.

“Are you ready to tell the class what was more interesting than my lecture?” he asked.

“Oh,” started Jessica, “we were talking about how your white blazer goes oh so well with your auburn pants.”

“You think so?” the teacher asked turning around. “You know not many kids have the courage-”

“Nice,” Sydnie whispered to Jessica.

Suddenly there was a vibration in Sydnie’s left pocket, making her jump.

“Something wrong Sydnie?” the teacher asked.

“No,” she replied. “Just a little reaction is all.”

As the teacher walked back to his desk, Sydnie pulled her PDA out of her pocket. The screen read “1 New Message”. When Sydnie clicked read it said, “Meet me in the Fire Red lobby after class, Jyharri.”

“Jyharri wants me to meet him in the dorm’s lobby after class,” Sydnie told Jessica quietly.

“Do you know what he wants?” asked Jessica.

Sydnie shook her head. All she could think about for the rest of the class was what did Jyharri want? Was he going to tell her something, was he going to ask her something, or was he going to do something? As the bell rang Genevieve passed by Jessica and Sydnie quickly, not taking a glance at them.

“I’ll talk to her later,” Jessica told Sydnie. “Go find out what Jyharri wants.”

-----------------------------------------------------

She should be here soon.

Jyharri was standing in the Fire Red lobby waiting for Sydnie to arrive. Every time the doors slid open Jyharri looked up to see everyone except Sydnie. Tired of standing, Jyharri sat in one of the red chairs, his back facing the doors. As soon as he sat the doors slid open again. Jyharri turned to see Bart walk in.

“What are you doing here?” Bart asked him.

“Waiting for Sydnie,” Jyharri told him, seriousness in his voice.

“Well I’ll see you back in the dorm,” said Bart walking off.

After Bart no one had come into the dorm for a while. Jyharri was waiting in the lobby for about forty minutes before they slid open again. He knew it had to be Sydnie.

“You sure took your time,” said Jyharri.

“You scared me,” said Sydnie.

Jyharri stood and turned around to face Sydnie, hands in his pockets. As Jyharri took a step towards Sydnie she took a step back.

“You seem to be afraid of me,” said Jyharri. “There is no need to be frightened. I just want to talk to you.”

Jyharri took another step forward and Sydnie took another step back. After repeating this process about three times Sydnie’s back was against the wall and Jyharri was a few centimeters from touching his body to hers. Jyharri slammed his hand against the wall by her face, making her jump.

What is he going to do? Sydnie asked herself as her heart started to race.

“You need to do one of two things,” Jyharri started. “One: Pay me $1500 or two: Help me get $1500.”

Sydnie’s heart started to slow down. “Why would I do that?”

“That battle we had trashed the cafeteria and I got blamed for it,” Jyharri explained. “The headmistress said I need to pay for the damages.”

“If I had that kind of money I would give it to you, you know that,” Sydnie said.

“So you’ll help me?” Jyharri asked.

Sydnie simply nodded. Jyharri smiled and started towards the door. “Oh yeah, what did you think I was going to do?”

“Oh that’s nothing!” Sydnie told him. “I was just spacing out!”

Jyharri chuckled. “Well I’ll see you later. I’m going to go hang out with Brandon and his team.”

As Jyharri reached the main island a rustling noise came from a bush behind him. Jyharri turned around sharply and pulled out one of his Pokéballs not sure which one he grabbed. A white mark was able to be seen in the bush. As Jyharri approached it more of it popped out. It was a skull! Jyharri jumped back startled. Suddenly a creature that appeared to be a small brown dinosaur-like Pokémon jumped from the bush. It had a long white bone in its right hand. The skull Jyharri saw was worn by the Pokémon like a helmet.

“A Cubone,” Jyharri said amazed.

The Cubone ran towards Jyharri swinging its bone like crazy. Jyharri prepared to throw his Pokéball when the Cubone’s club came back and smacked it in the face. The Cubone fell on the ground unconscious.

Jyharri shrugged. “That’s one way to beat a Pokémon; make it hit itself.”

Jyharri turned and started into a dash only to run into another person. Jyharri fell back onto the ground while the person he ran into didn’t. As Jyharri was rubbing his butt he started to look up and first saw a green blazer. To his horror he looked up at the person’s face and saw it was Chad!

“We meet again, little red.”

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Uh. Oh... looks like "Little Red" back in crap...

A great big AWWWW for Genevieve... No two ways around it Jess, she likes him~ :)

Sydnie had an odd response to Jyharri's approach too. What was she thinking. *Ponders to self to keep possible spoilers to self*

Oh, and LOL at the clumsy Cubone. Though to be honest, i think that gag's running a little thin...

And the shortest chapter of the fic thus far draws no major grammar errors to note. Good job... now, if only it were longer...

L@er!

Torpoleon

Nice Chapter! Now a gilr likes a boy and he doesn't know. Anyway, nice ending! It keeps the readers(like me) wanting to see more!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Jessica laughed in the back of the classroom. It turned out that Sydnie, Genevieve and she had the same Pokémon Physiology class. The three girls had sat in the back of the class chatting, but when the subject came to Jyharri Genevieve became silent.

Great chapter, nice characterization of Sydnie, Genevive, and Jessica.

The one thing I don't get is what class they are in. Is it Psychology or Physics?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
It is Physiology. It's virtually Biology, but Physiology is a much more fun word than Biology :p

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
What is up my readers? I am here to give you the latest installment of Dedication Through Light and Darkness. A little info before you read this chapter. When I say cool I am referring to the temperature. Also, when I am not speaking on here and I say characters I mean sybols and letters. I believe the end of this chapter is much darker than the rest of the fic. Speaking of the end, towards the end of this chapter you will meet three new characters. One of which who doesn't have a name yet. Also a new character is introduced in the middle. One last thing, this chapter is my longest yet with it being a total of seventeen pages. Now, enjoi!

Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Chapter 6: A Decisive Battle!

“How have you been Little Red?”

Jyharri said nothing. All he could do was look up at the third year.

I wonder what he is going to do to me, Jyharri thought. Hopefully it’s nothing too bad.
Chad seemed to be alone this time. The only sound was the blowing of the wind. As Chad took a step toward him Jyharri swallowed his saliva with a loud gulp.

“There is no need to be frightened Little Red,” said Chad smiling.

I can’t back down! Jyharri thought. I was put in Fire Red for a reason!
“You can run away if you want,” Chad suggested. “I will find you eventually.”

“I’m not running away from you,” Jyharri shouted at him.

The shout seemed to echo across the campus. Bird Pokémon flew from the treetops, frightened by the noise. Chad looked down at Jyharri with a smile. He reached out one of his hands towards Jyharri, who in turn flinched. Chad put his hand on Jyharri’s shoulder softly and his smile grew bigger. Jyharri looked at Chad cautiously, trying to anticipate his next move.

“Congratulations,” Chad finally said. “You passed the test!”

“What?” Jyharri asked dumbfounded.

Chad started to chuckle. “You remember that test that you were supposed to be taking? Well, we were testing you on your bravery. That is one of the reasons you were picked for Fire Red.”

“Then why did they have us go on that pointless scavenger hunt?” Jyharri asked.

“To make it seem like we were seriously bad guys,” Chad explained. “My friends felt sorry after having to scare the wits out of you.”

“What about Drake?” Jyharri demanded. “You guys beat him up!”

A hearty laugh came from behind the two boys. A young man stepped out from under the trees sporting a red blazer. It was Drake, accent and all!

“It was faked,” said Drake. “It was stage blood. We wanted to see how long it would take you to stand up to Chad and his friends.”

“It took you longer than most,” said Chad chuckling. “But at least you did it.”

Jyharri shook his head. He couldn’t believe they tried to scare him to death just for a test.

“Now you are a true Fire Red student,” Drake said proudly.

Jyharri opened his mouth to say something, but walked away not saying anything. There was a sudden vibration in his pocket. Jyharri took out his PDA and saw he had a message from Brandon. It read, “Hey, meet me at the beach, Brandon.” Jyharri took off in the direction of the beach.

Only six kilometers to go!

-------------------------------------------
Brandon checked his PDA for the time. It was currently three o’ clock, obvious due to the sun’s position in the sky. The sun had started to go down slightly, but was still towards the middle of the sky. Brandon’s Squirtle was playing with his Electabuzz in the water while his Torterra was resting in the shade of a tree.

Jyharri should be here any moment, Brandon thought.

About ten meters away from Brandon, a girl walked along the beach, a boy following close behind her. Brandon looked over and caught a glimpse of yellow on the girl. Brandon looked closer and saw that it was Brianna. The boy he didn’t know. He wore a green blazer with grey jeans. Brandon wondered why he was wearing his uniform on the beach, as he and Brianna were wearing bathing suits representing their dorm. His sandy colored hair matched the beach’s sand.

Who is that and why is he with Brianna?! Brandon thought angrily.

Brianna saw the Pokémon playing in the water and started to scan the beach for their owner. When she saw Brandon she waved energetically in his direction. Brandon waved back and started in their direction.

“Are these your Pokémon?” Brianna asked as Brandon neared them.

“Yeah,” replied Brandon. “My Torterra is over there resting. Who is this?”

“Oh,” said Brianna. “This is my friend Collin. I’ve known him for a long time.”

Brandon felt his blood start to boil. He stared down Collin, wondering what he was doing with Brianna.

“Collin this is Brandon,” she introduced them. “I met him earlier today. He is really awesome.”

“Oh really,” said Collin. “Is he a good battler?”

“I’ve never seen him battle before,” Brianna admitted.

“Well then I challenge you to a battle Brandon,” Collin said loudly. “Brianna you may want to excuse us while we talk over the rules.”

Brianna nodded and walked away to a picnic table under a green shade. As soon as she was out of earshot Collin put his arm around Brandon and turned him around.

“How about we make a deal?” Collin suggested.

Brandon pushed Collin’s arm off of him. “What kind of deal?” he asked.

“Whoever loses has to stay away from Brianna forever,” Collin explained with a smile.

“I don’t know,” said Brandon.

Brandon looked over at Brianna. When she saw him she waved. If he lost he would have to stay away from her, but if he won Collin would have to stay away from her. He was going to have to take that risk. After shaking hands Collin walked about two meters away from Brandon and pulled out a Pokéball. Brandon called over his Pokémon and decided that Squirtle was going first. Collin tossed his Pokéball, a smirk on his face. Out of his Pokéball came a pink colored bipedal cow. Its small horns made it look somewhat threatening. Its pink tail ended in a black ball that looked like it could do some damage.

“I’ll let you make the first move,” said Brandon.

“You’ll regret that,” Collin told him. “Miltank use Tackle!”

The Milk Cow Pokémon charged towards Squirtle at a casual speed. The Water type side stepped Miltank just before she hit. Squirle’s small size allowed it to dodge the attack easily. Miltank then turned around and dashed towards Squirtle again, this time even faster. Squirtle jumped over Miltank this time, showing off by doing a couple flips.

“Now Miltank, use Rollout!”

This time Miltank curled up into a ball and rocketed towards Squirtle. The little turtle couldn’t dodge the attack this time. When Miltank collided into Squirtle, the Water Pokémon was hurled into the air.

“Squirtle,” Brandon cried out.

Before Squirtle had a chance to hit the ground Miltank rolled back around and hit Squirtle back into the air. As Squirtle fell Miltank was ready to knock him back into the air. Thoughts raced through Brandon’s head about what to do next.

“Squirtle, use Water Gun!” Brandon shouted.

Squirtle looked down towards the ground and fired a jet of water towards the ground. As the Water hit the ground the sand turned to mud. Miltank attempted to hit Squirtle again, but slipped in the mud. As Squirtle landed he dashed towards his opponent, ready for some revenge.

“Now use Brick Break,” Brandon told him.

“What,” Collin shouted surprised.

Squirtle slid on the mud towards Miltank and when he got close enough jumped in the air. As he came down Squirtle’s hand started to glow. As Miltank looked up the glowing hand was brought down on her face. The Milk Cow Pokémon was knocked face first into the mud. Squirtle jumped backwards and shot a little beam of ice towards Miltank. Miltank’s feet and part of her upper body were frozen solid. She couldn’t move!

“Now hit em with Skull Bash!” Brandon said punching the air.

Squirtle lowered his head and braced himself. Miltank kept trying to break out of the ice, but nothing was happening. Suddenly Squirtle rocketed from the spot it was at and head butted Miltank in the face. The ice broke from the impact, allowing Miltank to fall back.

“Finish this with Focus Punch!” Brandon yelled.

Squirtle jumped into the air once more and his right hand started to glow again. Miltank sat up and only say a flash of blue as it was punched in the jaw by Squirtle. Miltank slid across the beach unconscious. Collin recalled his Miltank, a surprised look on his face.

“That’s one strong Squirtle,” Collin said as Brandon recalled him into his Pokéball, “but you won’t win this fight!”

Collin tossed his second Pokéball out as Brandon motioned for Electabuzz to get ready to battle. Out of Collin’s Pokéball came a brown colored human shaped creature. Its three fingered hands looked significantly weaker than its feet. On both of its feet there were three claws which looked sharp enough to tear a wide gash in anyone. It had segmented, cream colored arms and legs. Its eyes were in the shape of almonds, black rings surrounding them. One of the strange things about this Pokémon was that it lacked a nose and mouth.

“Hitmonlee, use Hi Jump Kick!” Collin started.

The Hitmonlee dashed towards Electabuzz before jumping high into the air. As it came down for the kick Electabuzz grabbed his leg and tossed him aside like nothing. Hitmonlee got back up almost instantly.

“Go for a Mega Kick,” Collin said.

This time Hitmonlee’s foot started to glow. As he dashed towards Electabuzz, he spun for a roundhouse kick. The Electric Type jumped back, barely dodging the kick. Electabuzz threw a punch, hitting Hitmonlee in the face. Hitmonlee staggered backwards as Electabuzz’s tail started to glow. The Electric type spun smacking the Fighting type in the face with his tail. Hitmonlee fell to the ground once more, but once again got right back up.

“Hit him with Blaze Kick,” Collin shouted.

Suddenly, Hitmonlee’s leg caught on fire. As he swung his leg, Electabuzz ducked, dodging the attack. Then Hitmonlee spun on his hands, swinging around and hitting Electabuzz in the face with his foot that was on fire. Electabuzz slid back towards Brandon. As Electabuzz slowly got up Hitmonlee kick him in the gut, his foot glowing. Before Electabuzz could fall to the ground, Hitmonlee picked the Electric type up with his foot and tossed him in the air. The Fighting type jumped into the air above Electabuzz then proceeded to flip and kick him back to the ground.

“Electabuzz you have to get up!” cried Brandon.

Electabuzz slowly got up, breathing heavily. Hitmonlee looked as if he had just come out of the Pokéball. Electabuzz looked around, trying to figure out what to do.

“Electabuzz, splash him,” Brandon said getting an idea. “Gather water in your arms and run to him!”

Electabuzz nodded his head and dashed into the ocean. Gathering as much water as he could, Electabuzz ran towards Hitmonlee and passed him. Instead of dowsing the Pokémon, he wet the trainer!

“What does this accomplish besides me having to dry my clothes?!” Collin asked angrily.

“I meant Hitmonlee, Electabuzz, but that works too,” said Brandon laughing.

Electabuzz ran back into the ocean and gathered the same amount of water. As he splashed Hitmonlee Electabuzz ran back towards Brandon leaving a little trail of water heading towards the Fighting type.

“This still solves nothing!” yelled Collin.

“You’d be surprised,” Brandon told him. “Hit em Thunder!”

Collin saw what he was doing, but before he could tell Hitmonlee to get out of there Electabuzz fired a huge lightning bolt. Half of it traveled through the air and half of it went through the water. As Hitmonlee was being electrocuted, the lightning bolt flew down and hit him dead on.

As Brianna watched the battle her eyes kept darting back to Brandon. He is really good! Brianna thought. I never thought anyone could be this good. I don’t even think Jyharri can beat him!

“Now use Thunderpunch!” Brandon yelled.

Electabuzz’s fist was surrounded by electricity as he dashed towards Hitmonlee. The Kicking Pokémon attempted to move, but was found to be paralyzed. Electabuzz punched Hitmonlee square in the face where his nose should be, knocking him back to Collin, knocked out.

“I believe I have just won,” said Brandon.

“I can’t believe I lost,” said Collin sniffling.

“It’s ok dude, you did well,” said Brandon.

Collin looked at Brandon, but ran away crying. Brandon looked at Electabuzz who was equally surprised at Collin’s reaction. As Brandon recalled Electabuzz Brianna dashed to Brandon.

“You were great,” she said.

“Y-you think so,” Brandon asked blushing.

“If anyone didn’t think so they would be stupid.”

The two, being the only ones on the beach, inched closer together. Brandon’s heartbeat fastened as their faces inched closer and closer together. Closing his eyes, Brandon could feel his pulse in his ears. Suddenly, a hand grabbed Brandon by the shoulder. He jumped up, opening his eyes to see Jyharri directly in front of him.

“Ahhhhh!” he screamed.

“Why are you screaming?” Jyharri asked him.

“You surprised me,” Brandon said. “I didn’t expect to you to be in front of me.”

“Well what were you expecting?” Jyharri asked. “Anyways, time for some serious training! I talked to a couple of people on the way here and apparently the third and fourth years are ten times better than we are. I want to beat them really badly.”

Jyharri kept talking, but Brandon looked for Brianna and found her walking off the beach. Before she was out of sight, she turned and smiled at Brandon. Brandon smiled back, not listening to a word Jyharri was saying.

“-so that’s why,” Jyharri stopped suddenly, looking at Brandon. “Why are you smiling? That’s kind of creepy.”

“Huh?” Brandon asked coming back down to Earth.

“We need to train!”
------------------------------------------

It had been a week since Jyharri had arrived to the academy. Over the course of the week the new students were getting used to living without their parents always there. Jyharri had gotten to know Brandon a lot better and vice versa. Bart had barely been around so no one knew too much about him. As the days went on Genevieve became more flustered with Jyharri, but Jyharri was completely oblivious to this, more focused on training his team. As the sun rose just barely over the horizon Jyharri pulled on his usual clothes and ran outside of the dorm. While on the boat to the main island Jyharri noticed a hooded person. The person was clad in all black. Their face wasn’t visible, but by their shape it was obvious it was a girl. She was about a little shorter than Jyharri was; her figure slender and curved when it came to the waist. Jyharri decided to approach the person and figure out who it was.

“Excuse me,” Jyharri said politely.

The person didn’t move or in any way acknowledge Jyharri. The person sat there, not moving. Not wanting to say anything else, Jyharri reached for the hood. Before he could touch the tip of the hood the person grabbed Jyharri’s arm.

What a grip, thought Jyharri, trying not to show too much pain. She’s strong!
The person tossed Jyharri’s arm aside, not saying a single word. Jyharri walked back to the seat by the door and sat down, not taking his eyes off the woman.

I’ll find out who you are. I’ll just follow you when we get off the boat.

As the boat came to a stop the little amount of Fire Red students and the person clad in black got up and exited. Jyharri walked about a meter behind the mystery person, determined to find out who it was. After walking for about three minutes the person turned and saw Jyharri following her. As she turned Jyharri saw a brilliant red color, momentarily dazed. The girl broke into a run, heading for the forest. Jyharri snapped back into reality and dashed after her. Dodging other students, Jyharri kept his eyes on the girl. As they entered the forest, it became harder to keep an eye on her. Jyharri had to dodge trees, rocks, and Pokémon of all different types. After chasing her for about ten minutes Jyharri lost sight of her.

“Dammit!” he said aloud.

He stopped and looked around him trying to catch a sight of black. Jyharri knelt down and saw a shoe imprint on the ground.

“It’s fresh,” said Jyharri.

Following more shoeprints with his eyes he saw they led to a tree. Jyharri looked up and saw the girl jump from the tree. She held an object in her hands that glinted in the sunlight. Jyharri jumped to the side dodging the girl. As she landed he saw that it was a knife.

Who is she?!

She swung the knife at Jyharri in a horizontal slash. He jumped back, but was barely cut by the knife in the chest. Blood started to seep from the wound immediately. Jyharri grasped the wound and looked at the girl with a pained expression. She slashed at him again, this time cutting Jyharri in the leg. As she went for a final cut Jyharri grabbed her wrist with his free hand. Twisting her arm around, she released the knife. As soon as the knife hit the ground the girl took off farther into the forest. Jyharri attempted to run after her, but fell to the ground due to his leg wound. Jyharri reached for one of his Pokéballs, his vision becoming blurred. As he touched one, he fainted from blood loss.
------------------------------------------------

The girl continued to run through the forest. The many tall trees made it very cool. As the girl came upon an isolated tree she stopped, breathing heavily. She looked around to make sure no one was following her. She walked over to the tree and slid part of the bark up to reveal a keypad. She punched in a line of about twenty numbers and looked down at the ground. Suddenly, a rumbling noise was heard all around her. The ground had started to split apart! The girl jumped down the dark hole, landing in what appeared to be a laboratory. The floor was tiled all the way across. Hardly any light was shone into the lab, giving it a purplish glow. A scientist sat in a chair about three meters away from where the girl had landed. He sat in front of a keyboard with many buttons and flashing lights. A huge screen was displayed on the wall in front of him. The scientist himself seemed to be very young, not much older than sixteen. His brown hair was clearly visible against his white lab coat. His brown pants matched the color of his hair. He seemed to be engaged in some sort of research as he was typing away madly on the keyboard. Different characters popped up on the screen and disappeared.

“Still researching about the island Damien?” asked the girl.

The young man called Damien spun in his chair to face the girl. His eyes flashed the same brilliant red Jyharri saw when he looked at the girl’s face.

“Seems like this school was built here one hundred years ago,” said Damien. “Seems like it was some sort of cover up for-”

“Damien,” said a voice from the screen.

A figure had popped up onto the screen. The person was not visible, save for a familiar red glow where the eyes should be. The voice seemed to be distorted to a low man’s voice. The shape of the person seemed to be more feminine than masculine; the shoulders weren’t very broad.

“Yes boss?” asked Damien.

“Have you found out what I asked you to?” asked the apparent boss.

“Yes, I’m sending you the files now.”

With a few clicks on the keyboard a message popped up on the screen saying, “File sent.”

“Good, good,” said the boss. “This information will make sure our plan comes to fruition and theirs will fail.”

“I will continue my research and see what I can dig up,” said Damien.

“Excellent. Kelly,” he referred to the girl. “Make sure that no one is on to us.”
The girl referred to as Kelly pulled down her hood. Out of the hood fell her hair, golden brown in color; it came down a little past her shoulders.

“I just got rid of a boy a while ago,” Kelly told her boss.

“Was he one of them?!” the boss demanded to know.

“I’m not sure,” Kelly admitted, “but I wasn’t going to take any chances. I didn’t kill him, but I made sure he didn’t follow me here.”

“Good, I can always count on you,” said the boss. “I will be contacting you in a month to see how your progress is coming along. Until then be alert. Let darkness be in your heart.”

With that the boss clicked off the screen. Damien went back to typing on the keyboard, pulling up different windows with different information. He stopped once he reached a file that was displayed on the news.

“Still looking at that?” Kelly asked.

Damien remained silent.

“You don’t have to punish yourself by remembering this. It happened in the past so let it stay there.”

“I don’t want to forget,” said Damien. “This is the reason I’m here.”

“Well Damien,” said Kelly, “if you want to keep remembering the bad times then so be it.”

Damien went back to typing, minimizing the news window. After typing a few words he stopped again. He stood up and grabbed a book about 300 pages thick from the shelf next to him.

“What are yo-” Kelly was about to ask.

Suddenly Damien threw the book at the wall, seemingly at nothing. Kelly looked at Damien with a weird look when suddenly the spot where Damien hit started to move. It turned into a green color, opposed to the grey walls. It looked like a reptilian Pokémon. The yellow rings around its eyes matched its lips and frills. It had small ridges on its shoulders and a red zigzag stripe on its back. Its long skinny tail was curled up into a helix shape. Kelly grabbed the creature the instant it appeared.

“Where did this Kecleon come from?” Kelly asked.

“It’s them,” said Damien. “It’s their Pokémon. If it makes it back to them they will know where we are.”

Kelly picked up the Kecleon and walked it over to a closet. Throwing it in, Kelly locked the door with a Master Lock, tossing the key to Damien.

“Looks like we aren’t the only organization on this island,” said Kelly.

“Try to find out where they are hiding,” Damien ordered.

“This will be a piece of cake,” said Kelly as she climbed a ladder opposite where she entered.

As soon as Kelly left Damien paced the room, sometimes even looking through a book from his shelf. After about an hour Damien pulled out what seemed to be a cell phone. He opened it and then proceeded to dial seven numbers. As he put it to his face he heard it ring. After two rings the phone was answered, but no one spoke. After two minutes Damien started to speak in what appeared to be a foreign language. It sounded like English, German, and Japanese mashed together. When he was done speaking Kelly’s voice answered in the same language. When Kelly was done talking Damien hung up the phone.

“Excellent,” he whispered to himself.

Just then Kelly landed in the lab the same way as before.

“I found out where they are hiding,” said Kelly, “but that Kecleon can’t be theirs.”

“And why can’t it?” Damien asked.

“They only use that one type,” Kelly explained. “Watch this.”

Kelly pulled out a Pokéball and walked over to the closet she threw Kecleon in. She motioned for Damien to throw her the key. As she unlocked it, she saw Kecleon shuddering in the corner of the closet, scared out of its mind. Kelly judo chopped Kecleon in the neck, knocking it out. She then let go of the Pokéball, letting it fall on top of Kecleon. The ball opened and then shook three times before a little ding was heard.

“It was wild all along,” said Kelly. “You got worried for nothing.”

“Hmph,” was all Damien said before he returned to his work. After going through some windows Damien stopped. “Look at this.”

Kelly walked over to Damien, putting her newly caught Kecleon away. She looked on the screen and saw a news headline.

“Looks like they made the news,” said Kelly not impressed.

“Well,” said Damien, “tomorrow we’ll make them look like a bunch of Neanderthals. Like the boss said, our plan will come to fruition, and I’ll make damn sure theirs doesn’t!”

Torpoleon

Nice chapter, SL! Bro. 2 hre! I liked this chapter Haha, for Collin!

shiny gible

This chapter was perfect lol
The battle between Brandon and Collin was funny though
I liked how Squirtle used such power for such a little guy lol, and how Electabuzz beat that Hitmonlee just by throwing water on it and electrocuting it
But wow Kelly threw Knives at Jyharri, then passing out from blood loss
I can't wait till the next Chapter

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
OK... time to tackle serious issues here and now...

OK, I guess I'd best address my oes concerning this fic how:

“How have you been, Little Red?”

OK, when someone talks to another in fics and calls out their name, or lays greater emphasis on their name, a cmma precedes if it isn't the first word or comes after it if it is the first word in the speech.

“Squirtle!" Brandon cried out.

Before Squirtle had a chance to hit the ground Miltank rolled back around and hit Squirtle back into the air. As Squirtle fell Miltank was ready to knock him back into the air. Thoughts raced through Brandon’s head about what to do next.

“Squirtle, use Water Gun!” Brandon shouted.

Squirtle looked down towards the ground and fired a jet of water towards the ground. As the Water hit the ground the sand turned to mud. Miltank attempted to hit Squirtle again, but slipped in the mud. As Squirtle landed he dashed towards his opponent, ready for some revenge.

“Now use Brick Break,” Brandon told him.

“What?!” Collin shouted surprised.

Squirtle slid on the mud towards Miltank and when he got close enough jumped in the air. As he came down Squirtle’s hand started to glow. As Miltank looked up the glowing hand was brought down on her face. The Milk Cow Pokémon was knocked face first into the mud. Squirtle jumped backwards and shot a little beam of ice towards Miltank. Miltank’s feet and part of her upper body were frozen solid. She couldn’t move!

“Now hit 'em with Skull Bash!” Brandon said punching the air.

Here I want to draw your attention to the first two corections. With the way you punctuated it, there's no sense of emotion, no heat to their speech. Despite the adjectives you used, without proper punctuation, it just seems tooo blah.

On another point, if a Squirtle can use brick Break, Skull Bash and Focus Punch effectively, I don't see why Brandon should be in school at all. same goes for Jyharri. Anyone who can control a Zangoose and Charizard perfectly need not be in this institute, unless there're more important lessons to learn.

Electabuzz slowly got up, breathing heavily. Hitmonlee looked as if he had just come out of the Pokéball. Electabuzz looked around, trying to figure out what to do.

Now, unless I misread the commentary, electabuzz got in a couple of licks before Hitmonlee began its pawnig session. So just how is Hitmonlee looking unhurt?

BTW, the speed and fluidity you use during the battle was really great. Top notch work.

“Electabuzz, splash him,” Brandon said getting an idea. “Gather water in your arms and run to him!”

Electabuzz nodded his head and dashed into the ocean. Gathering as much water as he could, Electabuzz ran towards Hitmonlee and passed him. Instead of dowsing the Pokémon, he wet the trainer!

“What does this accomplish besides me having to dry my clothes?!” Collin asked angrily.

“I meant Hitmonlee, Electabuzz, but that works too,” said Brandon laughing.

Electabuzz ran back into the ocean and gathered the same amount of water. As he splashed Hitmonlee Electabuzz ran back towards Brandon leaving a little trail of water heading towards the Fighting type.

“This still solves nothing!” yelled Collin.

OK, either Hitmonlee is brain-dead or tremendously stupid. Why give your opponent time to splash water on you and your trainer when you're on a major owning streak? I'm sorry, this felt too out of context considering what precedes it, no matter how funny it is.

But then again, like trainer, like Pokemon. You don't need to be einstein or Prof. Oak to know what happens when you play with electricity when wet. But then again, Squirtle played with Electabuzz in water. How?!

“You’d be surprised,” Brandon told him. “Hit 'em with Thunder!”

Hmm... 'em is short for Them. The apostrophe is important. Don't forget it.

“Y-you think so?” Brandon asked blushing.

It's a question. Treat it as such.

It had been a week since Jyharri had arrived to the academy. Over the course of the week the new students were getting used to living without their parents always there. Jyharri had gotten to know Brandon a lot better and vice versa. Bart had barely been around so no one knew too much about him. As the days went on Genevieve became more flustered with Jyharri, but Jyharri was completely oblivious to this, more focused on training his team. As the sun rose just barely over the horizon Jyharri pulled on his usual clothes and ran outside of the dorm. While on the boat to the main island Jyharri noticed a hooded person. The person was clad in all black. Their face wasn’t visible, but by their shape it was obvious it was a girl. She was about a little shorter than Jyharri was; her figure slender and curved when it came to the waist. Jyharri decided to approach the person and figure out who it was.

Ok, this was lazy writing. Couldn't the bolded parts be shown rather than told? Show scenarios where these things happened. Explain the one in red. This could havemade another six to eight pages easy.

And why the hell would Jyharri follow a mystery woman alone? He was asking to get killed... or come close.

Don't string things into a paragraph and say "OK, that's what happened. You figure out how and why." Even if you mention all this, there are so many other characters whose happenings you haven't explained, Jessica and Sydnie to name just a couple. Remember, don't tell the readers what happened. Show them.

On the plus, your battle scenes are top grade, and Chad's coming clean was a nice twist. Bet Little Red feels so much better now.

Wow, I said a lot. Better run and let some more seasoned writers say their piece.

L@er!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
That. Was. Great! That has to be the greatest chapter by far! The battle was great! It was really unexpected, how Brandon battled, and how smart he is.

ilocar

This is an amazing fic! like Harry Potter meets pokemon, but I suppose thats obvious. I thank you, the grammer in some fan fics is aweful yours is relatively good. the characters are great. I love Jyharri's personality, and the whole relationfriendship between Jyharri and Sydnie...ahhh its sooooooooo good and incredibly real. I can't wait 'til the next chaptr comes out. I wouldn't mind being on this infamous PM list.

shadowlight

Fraught With Peril
Jyharri, so far I don't like him.

He hasn't lost once yet. He's only lost to blood loss after beating his enemy. I sort of think he is Gary Stu-ish. He has all these powerful pokemon and everybody has heard of his amazing battles.

I think its nice that Brandon fought that battle and the girl likes him, although it seems everything is moving very fast. With both Brandon and the Plot.
Things could have been more expansive. He is already in the academy and mostly accepted by everyone.

I guess thats all I have to say.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Jyharri, so far I don't like him.

He hasn't lost once yet. He's only lost to blood loss after beating his enemy. I sort of think he is Gary Stu-ish. He has all these powerful pokemon and everybody has heard of his amazing battles.

I think its nice that Brandon fought that battle and the girl likes him, although it seems everything is moving very fast. With both Brandon and the Plot.
Things could have been more expansive. He is already in the academy and mostly accepted by everyone.

I guess thats all I have to say.

I thank you for your two-cents and am greatful that you read. Jyharri is supposed to come off as somewhat cocky, as you can probably tell, arrogant, and something of an ***. As for the winning/losing battles, he's only been in three battles, one which was an entrance exam and another which wasn't finished so he could have lost.

If someone was flying around on a Charizard against a guy surfing on a Blastoise you'd think there would be a buzz for a day about it. Don't fret though! It is still only the beginning! Many people will come to not like him. I'm already in the works for a whole group not liking him ;) Also there will be many losses to come. I mean this isn't a Pokemon game.

I really don't think I revealed the plot yet, but if you think so then I'll try to slow things down a bit. Also I wouldn't consider Eevee all that powerful seeing as it lost badly against Espeon. On another note, don't think she likes Brandon yet. There are many shennanigans that could go down.

Don't think I'm attacking you just to defend my fic, but like Air Dragon said before our fics are like our babies and if someone tries to attack them then we will bite back :) Like I said before, thank you for reading and taking the time to respond. Would you like to be on the PM list?

Chapter seven should be up sometime next week, which in most parts of the US is Spring Break. I'll have the whole week to work on upcoming chapters for you guys.

Until next time, I'm out.

shadowlight

Fraught With Peril
Some of what I said may have been premature because it's early in the story and so areas of my points may be invalid. However as of yet it seemed like that to me.

Don't change the pace of the story solely on my account. I am just attacking your baby. Mayhaps it would be a good thing to find out how others feel.

I don't think I want to be PMed.

Good Day To You And Your Little Ponyta Too

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Wow, Shadow Lucario, this fic is coming along great. The abttles are fluid and easy to follow, you have characters who are original. Don't worry about the part that Jyharri's never lost a battle, he's in the world's most prestigious academy for Pete's sake! Great chapters and can't wait for Chapter 7!

Not being snobby here but 'shadowlight', if you want to review a fic make sure you use correct spelling and grammar.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Turtwigfan did you want to be on the PM List?