• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Academy: Dedication Through Light and Darkness

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Yes please, Shadow. Can't wait for the next chapter.

THis is a really good fic.

I like the way that jahary is so stuck up. (dunno wy tho)

Can you plaease add me to the PM list?

flameswy

Lord of Light
ooh! ooh!

can i be on the pm list to? im reading this and love it!

err, something about this fanfiction? ^_^;;

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Hey all! I'm here with chapter 7 of Dedication Through Light and Darkness for ya! A couple of things, when you come to a line with a bunch of these ~ that means you're going into a flashback. Also for all you UK people or anyone who doesn't live in the US, when I say chips, I mean crisps. When I want to mean chips with the word chips I will alert you like I did now. Anywho enough of me! You're hear to read chapter 7 not listen to me babble! Enjoi!

Dedication Through Light and Darkness

Chapter 7: Recollection! Jyharri’s Journey!

Man, what happened? Where am I?

Jyharri had started to open his eyes, his vision blurry at first. When his vision cleared he saw he was lying in a bed. On the opposite wall of Jyharri there was a giant Red Cross painted on the wall. Voices were faintly heard in the room. As Jyharri looked to his left he saw a blonde woman in a white blazer and skirt. It was obvious she was the nurse.

“W-where am I?” Jyharri croaked out, a little over a whisper.

“Why, you’re in the infirmary,” the nurse told him.

“How did I get here?” Jyharri asked.

“This young man brought,” the nurse said as she pointed to Jyharri’s other side.

As Jyharri looked to his right the first thing was a flash of blue. A boy around the same age as him was sitting next to him. He sported a blue blazer with blue jeans. His black hair was spiked up in an original fashion. His complexion was darker than most. His eyes were that of a dark brown, the pupils still visible.

“Thanks,” Jyharri told him. “Jyharri Ahmed.”

“I’m Scott Martinez,” he introduced himself.

“What were you doing out there anyway?” Jyharri asked suspiciously.

“I was training,” Scott answered. “I wanted to prepare myself.”

“Prepare yourself for what?” Jyharri asked him.

“You don’t know?” Scott asked.

Jyharri emitted a low growl. “If I knew then I wouldn’t be asking now would I?”

“In a next month there will be a school wide tournament,” Scott explained. “The whole school has to participate. There will be a prize, but it hasn’t been announced yet.”

Jyharri sat up instantly; his wounds, starting to sting, forced him to lie back down again. He looked to the side the nurse was on. Upon a nightstand were his six Pokéballs. Jyharri thought back to Eevee’s battle against Espeon. Eevee didn’t stand a chance.

Maybe I should evolve her, Jyharri thought. Then she would be strong enough to beat Espeon! That way if I face Sydnie in that tournament I know I won’t be able to lose. I’ll ask Eevee when I get the chance.

“Scott can you walk with Jyharri back to class?” the nurse asked.

“Sure,” Scott answered standing.

“I have to go to class?” Jyharri asked surprised.

“Yes,” said the nurse. “Your wounds are all patched up. You have nothing to worry about.”

As Jyharri stood up he picked up his Pokéballs and noticed that Scott was a head taller than him. Heading towards the door Scott and Jyharri waved goodbye to the nurse. As they walked through the hall a silence hung around them. Jyharri looked at Scott and noticed he had a smile on his face. Jyharri threw his hands in his pockets and looked the opposite way.

“Have you had any great battles while you’ve been here?” Scott asked suddenly.

Jyharri looked his way once again surprised. “You didn’t hear about my battle on the ship?”

“I’m afraid not,” Scott answered truthfully. “The first time I’ve heard of you was five minutes ago in the infirmary.”

How dare he?! Jyharri thought. “I had an awesome battle with this guy named Sean on the way here. It came down to my Charizard and his Blastoise, but we were interrupted and couldn’t finish.”

“You know Sean?” asked Scott, him being the one surprised this time.

Is this guy thick or what?

“I room with him,” Scott said. “He told us about an awesome battle he had, but didn’t go into detail. Care to tell me?”

Jyharri then started to recall a tale of action. As Jyharri told Scott about the battle Scott was hanging on every word, wanting to hear more. The story, as told by Jyharri, took about ten minutes to tell. In the middle Scott had stopped for a drink of water, but still listened intently. Near the end of it, they had reached Jyharri’s classroom.

“What class do you have?” Scott asked.

“Battle Skills,” answered Jyharri. “Like I need them. I’m already good. What about you?”

“Pokémon Catching 101 and we get to see a live demonstration.”

Scott waved goodbye to Jyharri as he entered the classroom. Not sooner than a second after he entered the room the teacher appeared right next to Jyharri silently. As Jyharri turned around he came face to face with Professor Fina, an old, wrinkly faced ex Kanto Champion. Jyharri flinched upon sight, his heart beat speeding up.

“And where were you?” Professor Fina asked in her nasally voice.

“Sorry I’m late,” Jyharri said rubbing the back of his head smiling. “I was lost on the path of life.”

“Yeah, yeah,” said Professor Fina, “just sit down and open to page 423.”

Jyharri carefully walked around Fina and walked to the back of the classroom and took his seat next to Sydnie. Sydnie tossed a bag at him, landing on his desk. Jyharri looked the bag over and found that it was his, his name inscribed on the bottom.

“Where did you get this?” Jyharri asked suspiciously.

“I had Bart get it,” Sydnie told him. “I would never go near the boy’s dorms. Where were you?”

A loud “SHHHHH!” came from the front of the classroom. The Professor had heard them talking. Sydnie slid her chair closer to Jyharri silently and gave him a “Answer my question” look.

“I was at the infirmary,” Jyharri whispered.

“Why were you at the infirmary?” Sydnie whispered worried.

“It’s nothing,” whispered Jyharri. “Have you figured out a way to get $1500? Taylor says I have until the end of next week.”

“We could get your Zangoose,” Sydnie started.

“Yeah,” Jyharri said.

“And have people take chances whacking it on the head,” she finished.

Jyharri looked at her like she was stupid. “That would end up in a death and I would have to go to jail.”

“Milotic liked the idea,” Sydnie whined.

Of course Milotic would, Jyharri thought.

“Now, what would you do if your opponent’s Pokémon is stronger than your own and has a type advantage?” Fina asked from the front. “Mr. Ahmed, would you care to tell us?”

Jyharri looked up surprised, pointing to himself.

“Anytime Mr. Ahmed,” said Fina.

“Ok, first off Mr. Ahmed is my father,” said Jyharri, “secondly I would surprise them with an attack that would knock out their Pokémon in one hit.”

“Wrong,” said Fina.

“What?” Jyharri asked unbelievingly.

“Did you do your homework?” asked Fina.

“No,” Jyharri admitted.

“No wonder you don’t know,” said Fina. “If you had done your homework you would know you have to switch out to a different Pokémon with a type advantage against your opponent or stronger than your opponent’s.”

Jyharri hung his head and tuned out the Professor. Jyharri heard someone snickering and looked over to see Sydnie stifling a laugh.

“Why are you laughing?” Jyharri asked. “I beat you didn’t I?”

Sydnie stopped snickering and punched Jyharri in the arm. As the class went on Jyharri had planned out how he would win against various people in the tournament. When the class was halfway done Professor Fina assigned the students a project. The students were to get into pairs and record a battle to present.

“The catch is,” Professor Fina told the students, “you must battle a fourth year.”

Everyone groaned, save for Jyharri. His eyes sparkled and his heart raced at the idea. Jyharri felt a tap on his arm and saw three Ocean Blue boys standing behind him. They all wanted to be his partner for the project.

“Sorry boys,” said Sydnie appearing out of nowhere. “He’s my partner. So I guess you’ll be doing the battling.”

“You bet,” Jyharri said excited. “I can’t wait to get started. Who should I battle?”

“There are a lot of fourth years,” Sydnie told him. “Just pick one and lose like a good boy.”

Jyharri scoffed at her statement. “I won’t lose, not to anyone.”

“It will be due in two days,” said the Professor.

The rest of the class Jyharri spent his time coming up with different combos for his Pokémon. He also spent some time looking through the list of students on a computer trying to figure out who to battle. Going through about ten fourth years Jyharri decided to pick at random who he would battle. He closed his eyes and moved the mouse over a random name and clicked it. When he opened his eyes he saw a familiar face.

“Look who I’m battling,” Jyharri told Sydnie.

“Drake huh,” Sydnie said as she laughed a little. “It says here he only lost one battle. Wonder who it was against.”

“After our battle he will have lost twice,” said Jyharri confidently.

A bell sounded throughout the whole school. It was time to go to the next class. Picking up their things, the students filed out of the classroom. The hallway was somewhat empty, not many students having classes on this side of the building. As Jyharri walked Sydnie to her next class he told her to think up ways to get him out of his financial situation.

“I’ll figure out a way,” Sydnie told him. “Now get to class.”

Sydnie wrapped her arms around his neck, embracing him while Jyharri put one arm around her waist. As he began to walk away Jyharri turned around and watched Sydnie walk into her class. When he turned around he felt someone bump into him. This person was smaller than Jyharri, evident by them falling on the floor, and had a head of long hair. Their paper and books hit the floor. Jyharri looked up and saw that it was Genevieve.

“I’m really sorry,” Jyharri said holding out his hand.

“It’s ok,” she said taking his hand blushing. “I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

Jyharri helped her up and then proceeded to pick up her books and paper. When he handed her the books he smiled. Genevieve flashed a smile but hid it quickly.

“Did I hurt you or something?” Jyharri asked looking her over for an injury.

“No, I’m fine; it’s just that I’m glad that I got to see you.”

“Well I better get to class,” said Jyharri checking his PDA for the time. “I’ll see you around?”

Genevieve smiled as Jyharri walked off. Jessica is definitely wrong about him.

As Jyharri neared his classroom he felt a vibration in his pocket. He took out his PDA and saw he had a new message. The message read, “Meet me at the Fire Red Dorm docks after last period. We have to talk, Jessica.”

“What does she want?” Jyharri wondered.

All throughout his next class Jyharri couldn’t keep his mind off of what Jessica wanted to talk about. The Professor had to constantly call his name to get his attention. Halfway through Jyharri decided to try and push it to the back of his mind.

“…and what does an Electabuzz’s antenna do?” asked the Professor.

“Produce electricity,” answered a group of students.

“If there is another easy question then I am going to kill myself,” said Jyharri his head on the desk.

“What did you expect,” asked a boy sporting a blue blazer sitting next to him. “It’s first year Pokémon Physiology. Did you expect it to be hard?”

“Actually yes I did,” said Jyharri.

“Sean,” the Professor called the boy next to Jyharri, “they want you in the headmaster’s office.”

Sean stood and picked up his bag.

“What did you do?” Jyharri mouthed at him.

Sean shrugged and walked out of the classroom. Jyharri slammed his head back down onto the desk and closed his eyes. Minutes felt like seconds and before he knew it the bell rang. Jyharri jumped up suddenly and acquired his bag and started to head out the door. As he stepped out he spotted Sydnie heading towards their next class. When he walked up to her they embraced again and headed to class. Once in class the Professor lectured about the different types of Pokéballs that you could capture Pokémon in. Jyharri tried his best to stay awake, evident by his constant drooping head. Sydnie kept hitting him in the arm constantly to keep him awake.

“Now, what is the best Pokéball that you can buy?” the Professor asked the class.

Everyone was silent. Not one hand was raised. The Professor pointed at a random kid and waited for an answer. The kid, wearing a green blazer, started sweating bullets. His eyes shifted left and right constantly.

“The Ultra Ball?” he guessed.

“Correct,” said the Professor walking away.

“This is so boring,” Jyharri whispered to Sydnie. “How can you like this?”

“It is teaching me a lot,” whispered Sydnie. “You should listen.”

Jyharri rest his chin on his left hand and attempted to pay attention through the rest of class. While they were supposed to be taking notes Jyharri drew him flying on Charizard over a valley of lush green. The Professor swooped over the class. When he came to Jyharri he took one look at the drawing and sighed.

“Do you understand how to take notes?” the Professor asked annoyed.

“Yeah,” said Jyharri. “That’s why I remember everything.”

The Professor confiscated the drawing, tossing it into his desk drawer. The rest of the class was spent listening to a lecture on when and when not to throw a Pokéball. When the bell rang for lunch everyone rushed out of the classroom, not listening to the Professor’s final words.

“Did you hear about this tournament that’s going to happen next month?” Jyharri asked Sydnie once they were sitting at a table in the cafeteria eating lunch.

“Yeah,” said Sydnie. “It’s going to be pretty cool. If I face you then I won’t lose this time.”

Jyharri laughed as he picked up his sandwich. The rest of the lunch period the two discussed what they would do if there was a cash prize and if they won. Sydnie had said she would save it while Jyharri said he would give it all away to someone.

“Speaking of money,” Sydnie said, “I figured out a way for you to get that money.”

“How,” Jyharri asked seriously.

“Ask Drake,” she told him. “I’m sure he has at least $1500. He’s a cool guy so I’m sure he’ll give it to you.”

Jyharri thought the idea over and decided to give it a shot. As everyone started to head to class Jyharri saved a bag of chips and was about to put them in his bag. Suddenly, a long white object hit the bag of chips, knocking them out of his hands.

“What in the-” Jyharri said startled.

The white object flew back past Jyharri and landed in a little brown hand next to an open door. Jyharri’s bag of chips had been stolen by a Cubone! Jyharri walked over to the Cubone and bent down to his level and held out his hand. The Cubone inched away from Jyharri, eyeing him through his skull helmet.

“Give me back my chips,” Jyharri said as if he were talking to a baby.

The Cubone opened the bag of chips slowly. He slowly reached in and pulled out a single chip.

Jyharri narrowed his eyes. “You wouldn’t.”

The Pokémon slowly raised his hand to his mouth. Opening wide the Cubone ate the chip in one bite. After chewing it for a bit a disgusted look came over Cubone’s face.

“That’s what happens when-” Jyharri started to say.

Suddenly the Cubone spit the crumbs all over Jyharri’s face. Jyharri slowly wiped his face off, a disgusted look on his face now. The Cubone then threw the bag of chips in Jyharri’s face and ran off outside. Jyharri stood up straight and, on an impulse, ran after him. Being small the Cubone didn’t get far before Jyharri caught up with him. The Pokémon panicked and ran faster. Jyharri chased the Cubone all over the school’s campus, dodging students and Professors alike. When Jyharri chased him to the North beach Cubone halted. Looking around for a way out was all Cubone could do. In front of him was Jyharri and behind him was water. He was trapped!

“I’ve got you now!” Jyharri yelled jumping at Cubone.

The Cubone jumped and whacked Jyharri on the skull with his club. Jyharri’s hat fell off as he fell to the ground holding his head. The Cubone saw this opportunity and dashed off into the forest.

Damn you Cubone! Jyharri thought furiously as he picked up his hat with his free hand. If I ever see that thing again I will make it wish that it was never born!

As Jyharri stood he looked at his hand. There was only a little spot of blood. He decided to not go back to the infirmary. It wasn’t anything serious. When Jyharri got to his class the teacher scolded him on being on time. As he took his seat he noticed Sean was sitting next to him.

“Where were you?” Sean asked him.

Jyharri looked at Sean surprised. “You were never in this class.”

“That’s why I went to the headmaster’s office,” explained Sean. “They switched out my Pokémon Catching 101 for this class.”

“Now I have you in Pokémon Physiology and Pokémon History,” said Jyharri. “Oh joy.”

Most of the class Jyharri spent talking with Sean about trivial things. On many occasions the teacher had to snap her meter stick on their desks to get them silent. The class seemed to be shorter than the rest of the classes, most likely due to Jyharri’s lateness. When the bell rang Jyharri said goodbye to Sean and headed out to meet Jessica at the Fire Red docks. As he arrived he saw Jessica sitting on a bench checking the time on her watch. Jyharri called out to her and when she looked in his direction gave her a wave.

“Hey,” said Jyharri. “What did you want to talk about?”

“First I want to talk about what happened after you left Blackthorn,” Jessica said. “Where did you go?”

“I traveled around Johto for a bit,” Jyharri told her. “It was just me and Charmander. When I got to Goldenrod I had met Eevee.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey Charmander let’s go this way!”

“Charmander Char!”

A boy of around ten years old ran into a city, a small reptilian creature following him. It somewhat resembled a bipedal salamander. As it followed the boy it swung its tail happily, the flame on it swaying. The tall buildings were a shade of gold, along with the road. The streets were filled with people. Some were talking on cellular phones, making it seem like there was a buzzing sound. Many people weren’t paying attention to where they were going and seemed like they were going to step on someone or bump into someone.

“We’re in Goldenrod City now,” said the boy. “I wonder what kinds of Pokémon live here.”

As the boy looked around he noticed a cream colored blur running straight towards him. The blur dashed right by him and out of the city. The boy looked after it and saw a small bushy tail the same cream color as the rest of it. A man no older than twenty came up behind the boy, running after the blur.

“Excuse me,” said the man. “Did you see something come by here?”

“Yeah,” said the boy. “A cream colored creature ran out really fast.”

“That darn Eevee won’t do a thing I tell it to,” said the man out loud.

“That was an Eevee?” the boy asked excited.

“Yeah, but it won’t listen to me,” the man groaned. “Hey are you a trainer by chance?”

“You betcha,” said the boy proudly beating his chest.

The man looked him over. “How many Pokémon do you have?”

“Well right now it’s just me and Charmander,” said the boy.

“I’ll make you a deal, if you catch that Eevee it’s yours.”

“Seriously?” the boy asked

The man simply nodded.

“Thanks mister?”

“Bill is the name,” said the man.

“I’m Jyharri,” the boy told him. “Don’t worry; I’ll treat that Eevee right!”

Jyharri turned and ran off in the same direction as the Eevee took off in, Charmander following close behind. After running for about ten minutes Jyharri spotted Eevee taking a drink from a lake. As Jyharri neared it the Eevee looked up, raising its big brown ears.

“I challenge you Eevee,” Jyharri told it. “I want to catch you.”

The Eevee jumped at Jyharri, accepting the challenge. Charmander saw this and wasn’t going to let some wild Pokémon harm his trainer. The Fire type bashed Eevee with his head, sending her a meter from him and his trainer. Eevee dashed at Charmander with the same speed that it had used to run away from Bill.

“Charmander, use your tail,” Jyharri told him.

As soon as Eevee got close enough Charmander spun and whacked her with his tail. Eevee skidded against the ground for about three meters before jumping up and running towards Charmander again.

“Now use Ember!” Jyharri cried.

Charmander opened his mouth and released a barrage of orange fireballs upon Eevee. The Normal type stopped and took all of the hits. After she fell to the ground Jyharri pulled out one of his Pokéballs and threw it at Eevee. Eevee turned into a red light and was sucked into the ball. The ball shook three times before a PING was heard. A red light on the middle of the ball stopped flashing and the ball stopped moving. Jyharri jumped in the air cheering. He then ran up to Charmander and hugged him tightly, thanking him. When Jyharri picked up the Pokéball he squeezed it tightly. Looking at it intently he remembered that it was his now. Bill had said he could keep it. Jyharri ran back to Goldenrod City, looking for Bill to tell him the good news. As he entered he didn’t see anyone that resembled Bill. He asked around, but no one seemed to know where he was. After exploring for a while Jyharri stumbled upon a house that had a list of its occupants on the front wall. Surely enough, Bill was on the list. Jyharri walked to the door and knocked three times. A little girl, even younger than Jyharri, answered the door.

“Is Bill here?” Jyharri asked.

The girl simply opened the door wider and Bill’s brown bushy hair came into view. Bill motioned for him to come inside. As he sat next to Bill he told him how Charmander won the battle against Eevee.

“Like I said,” Bill told him after the story, “it’s yours to keep, but you have to promise me you will be good to it.”

“Oh don’t worry,” Jyharri assured him. “Eevee and I will become good friends.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“That’s how I caught Eevee,” Jyharri finished.

“If you caught Eevee then, when did you catch Zangoose?” Jessica asked.

“I went back to Blackthorn a year later after journeying around Johto and saw it again,” Jyharri told her. “I decided to make it part of my team and we have been training together ever since. If this is what you wanted to talk about then you could have called my mom.”

“No,” Jessica said as she looked away. “I wanted to ask you something.”

“Ok then, shoot.”

“I have always told you that you were my rival,” Jessica said. “That was just to cover up something else.”

Jyharri looked at her puzzled. He watched Jessica as she avoided eye contact with him.

“I think,” she started. “I think I might have feelings for you.”

A shocked look fell upon Jyharri’s face. Many thoughts raced through his head, but it seemed that he couldn’t say anything.

“I wanted to know if you felt the same way about me.”

Jessica moved very close to Jyharri, their bodies practically touching. She looked up at him, straight in the eyes. Jyharri’s heartbeat fastened. He could hear his pulse beating in his ears. Jessica closed her eyes and stood on the balls of her feet, moving her face closer to his. Jyharri didn’t know what to do. Before he knew it her arms were around his neck and their lips were pressed together. Shockingly, Jyharri felt like this was right, like this was supposed to happen. Going on instinct and an impulse, Jyharri closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her. Their kiss seemed to go on forever. As the two broke apart they still held each other as a cloud passed over the academy. The cloud halted over the academy and rain had started to come down. Even as it rained, Jyharri held her in his arms, not wanting to let go.

Evil_Lord

That was a great chapter, and who's jyharri gonna choose? Looks like he's got 3 all after him, I envy him;)

Oh, also when cubone spat the chip into his face you used spit instead of spat. If it's possible, I'd love to be added to the pm list, if possible this is a very enjoyable fic, up with some like the quest for the legends, lost evolution and the corei quest.

shiny gible

Wow a tournament that sounds fun I can't wait to see what happens when it comes
Now we know how Jyharri caught Eevee, poor Eevee tryed so hard but it couldn't hit Charmander
And can that Teacher be anymore boring lol its hilarious
Also at the end of the story Jyharri and Jessica kissed each other!!!! I never saw that coming, I wonder how Genevieve will feel after she outs..... Jyharri is going to b in trouble lol
I can't wait till the next chapter

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Long chapters deserve long reviews!

Well, well. congrats on your latest chapter! However, with the length came an increase in errors, and not all of them grammatical:

In a next month there will be a school wide tournament,”

OK this could be done in two entirely different ways:

Next month there will be a school wide tournament,”

OR

In a month's time, there will be a school wide tournament,”

so unless it's a grammar impediment relating only to this character, he really should know better ;)

The tournament does sound intriguing, not to mention Jyharri's likely battle with Drake, but you can't use a tournament to cover for a lack of description. Last time we saw Jyharri, he was dying due to blood loss after an act of gross idiocy. How he was found could do with a little more emphasis.

“And where were you?” Professor Fina asked in her nasally voice.

You want to use the word nasal, the adjective, as you are describing her voice. Nasally isthe adverb and should be used directly before or after the verb in the sentence asin the phrase: She said nasally.

“Sorry I’m late,” Jyharri said rubbing the back of his head smiling. “I was lost on the path of life.”

“Yeah, yeah,” said Professor Fina, “just sit down and open to page 423.”

Sounds a lot like Kakashi from Naruto, and Prof Fina's reply sounds like Naruto and Sakura's retort toned down but a lot.

“I would never go near the boy’s dorms. Where were you?”

Boy's : Belonging to one boy; Boys' : belonging to many boys

“It’s nothing,” whispered Jyharri. “Have you figured out a way to get $1500? Taylor says I have until the end of next week.”

“We could get your Zangoose,” Sydnie started.

“Yeah,” Jyharri said.

“And have people take chances whacking it on the head,” she finished.

Jyharri looked at her like she was stupid. “That would end up in a death and I would have to go to jail.”

“Milotic liked the idea,” Sydnie whined.

Of course Milotic would, Jyharri thought.

LOL... Whack-A-'Goose!

“Give me back my chips,” Jyharri said as if he were talking to a baby.

The Cubone opened the bag of chips slowly. He slowly reached in and pulled out a single chip.

Jyharri narrowed his eyes. “You wouldn’t.”

The Pokémon slowly raised his hand to his mouth. Opening wide the Cubone ate the chip in one bite. After chewing it for a bit a disgusted look came over Cubone’s face.

“That’s what happens when-” Jyharri started to say.

Suddenly the Cubone spit the crumbs all over Jyharri’s face. Jyharri slowly wiped his face off, a disgusted look on his face now. The Cubone then threw the bag of chips in Jyharri’s face and ran off outside. Jyharri stood up straight and, on an impulse, ran after him. Being small the Cubone didn’t get far before Jyharri caught up with him. The Pokémon panicked and ran faster. Jyharri chased the Cubone all over the school’s campus, dodging students and Professors alike. When Jyharri chased him to the North beach Cubone halted. Looking around for a way out was all Cubone could do. In front of him was Jyharri and behind him was water. He was trapped!

“I’ve got you now!” Jyharri yelled jumping at Cubone.

The Cubone jumped and whacked Jyharri on the skull with his club. Jyharri’s hat fell off as he fell to the ground holding his head. The Cubone saw this opportunity and dashed off into the forest.

Damn you Cubone! Jyharri thought furiously as he picked up his hat with his free hand. If I ever see that thing again I will make it wish that it was never born!

Kinda went to great lengths to get clobbered didn'tcha, Jyharri? XD

When Jyharri got to his class the teacher scolded him on being on time.

Actually, teachers scold you when you're not on time, i.e. late, not the other way around.

Jessica moved very close to Jyharri, their bodies practically touching. She looked up at him, straight in the eyes. Jyharri’s heartbeat fastened. He could hear his pulse beating in his ears. Jessica closed her eyes and stood on the balls of her feet, moving her face closer to his. Jyharri didn’t know what to do. Before he knew it her arms were around his neck and their lips were pressed together. Shockingly, Jyharri felt like this was right, like this was supposed to happen. Going on instinct and an impulse, Jyharri closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her. Their kiss seemed to go on forever. As the two broke apart they still held each other as a cloud passed over the academy. The cloud halted over the academy and rain had started to come down. Even as it rained, Jyharri held her in his arms, not wanting to let go.

Well now we're into shippy moments, and who else to pair him with but the girl who had the most beef with him. although considering how he carried on with Sydnie throughout the chapter, which seemed odd to me (half hatin', half hugging) and Genevieve, (Poor girl's gonna be crushed) Jyharri just seems to be out for a little more that romance. but then again, since i fail at shippy moments, let's chalk this ramble down to basic conjencture.

well, we are getting better at long lengths, aren't we? :) Watch out for those grammar/logic errors and this fic may just reach the next level!

L@er!

Torpoleon

Great Chapter, SL! Bro. 2 here! Interesting....a tournament and two girls like Jyharri!(unsure about Syndie)

I'm finally reviewing!

lol, Scott. Hey, man. What's up? Are you really a head shorter than Scott? I didn't know... Oh well. and the main character is just like you! lol

I would go through and mark all your mistakes but I won't for two reasons:
1. It looks like someone already did
2. I'm way to damn lazy to in the first place

Shikamio

Awesome Fan Fic

This fan fiction is literally addicting to read and it means something since i find it hard to be interested by reading. I'll be glad to read the upcoming chapters and see some familiar names from school...you know what i mean by that. Anyways keep up the good work and talk to me for some ideas.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
The next chapter will be posted at least by Sunday. I think this next chapter will shock some. I will not tell you what it is about so you will have to stick around ;)

Until next time, I'm out.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Hey there readers! I have come to deliver chapter eight of Dedication Through Light and Darkness. This chapter will surprise a few and I hope you are mature enough to handle it. I would rate this chapter around PG 12. In this chapter I refer to a character as another name. A name for the opposite gender. When the opposite gender's name pops up it is referring to the character posing as them. I also refer to the as the opposite gender ex instead of saying himself I would say herself. It is still the same person, just taking on a new persona. Enough of me! Time for chapter eight! Enjoi!

Chapter 8: Jyharri’s First Date! With a Guy?!

“I found a way to make some money.”

“Which is?”

Sydnie had walked to where Jyharri was sitting in the cafeteria. She had run to him she was so excited. Jyharri had taken a bite of his sandwich as he listened to Sydnie.

“All you have to do is go on a date,” started Sydnie.

“Who is the lucky girl?” asked Jyharri.

“With a guy,” she finished.

Jyharri’s jaw dropped. Part of his sandwich came out of his mouth. The wheat bread crumbled as it hit the table.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Jyharri said. “Why don’t you go out with him?”

“He wasn’t interested in me, but he likes my friends,” explained Sydnie. “He said he would give me $300 for it.”

Jyharri sighed. He closed his eyes and let out a small breath. “Does he know I’m not like that?”

Sydnie started to bite her lip. Jyharri looked at her worried. This is not what he wanted to hear. He had three more days to come up with the money and he didn’t have any of it. Jyharri looked in Sydnie’s eyes trying to find some sort of answer. No luck; all he saw was her light brown eyes.

“He thinks you’re a girl,” Sydnie told him.

“HE WHAT,” Jyharri exploded.

Dozens of people turned and looked at the two. Sydnie assured that nothing was going on and to go back to their lunches.

“Calm down,” said Sydnie, “it’s not that bad.”

“How am I supposed to make him think I’m a girl?” Jyharri asked furiously. “I don’t look like a girl, I don’t sound like a girl, and I most certainly do not act like a girl.”

Sydnie simply smiled and pulled Jyharri by the arm out of the cafeteria. Running through the halls, they passed by a bunch of students, all with different colored blazers. She stopped them in front of a locker, red in color.

“Why are we here?” Jyharri asked.

“It’s my locker,” explained Sydnie, entering the combination in a matter of seconds.

“How come you get a red one and mine is yellow?” Jyharri asked.

Sydnie ignored the question and pulled out different containers varying in size. They were a variety of colors, mostly ranging from pink to dark blue. Sydnie tossed all of the containers into the bag and turned to Jyharri.

“Meet me in my room after class,” Sydnie told him.

“For what?” he asked suspiciously.

“You’ll see,” was all she told him before the bell rang.

The hall filled with students from either the cafeteria or classrooms. Sydnie quickly hugged Jyharri and headed off into the crowd. Jyharri watched her disappear before heading off to his own class.

--------------------------------------
A bright light filled the room as it escaped from a red and white sphere. The light, white in color, hit the ground and materialized into a small green lizard. A girl crouched down to the creature’s level.

“Hey there Kecleon,” she said to it. “My name is Kelly and I am your trainer now.”

The Kecleon backed away, still remembering what happened last time he was near her. He was thrown into a cramped closet and locked in there for some time. The Pokémon started to shake from the fear.

“Don’t be afraid,” Kelly said. “I thought you belonged to an enemy. I had to do it for our team’s safety.”

As she reached for Kecleon, he flinched. The girl gently put her hand on the Pokémon’s head and rubbed it softly. Kecleon’s shivering started to stop as he looked up at his new trainer. He smiled and moved closer to Kelly.

“You and I will be a team,” said Kelly. “Right now we’re at our secret base. No one knows where this is.”

Kecleon looked around and saw that the walls were made of Earth, indicating they were underground. There was a lot of room, not many things in the room. A bookshelf occupied a space on the far right wall, a table opposite it. A chair was towards the back wall completely away from everything else.

“Soon, you and I will have to face them, so we should get some training done,” proposed Kelly.

Kecleon nodded, delighted with the idea.
--------------------------------------
“All done, now tell me what you think.”

Jyharri held up a mirror to his face, trying to see what he looked like. When he stared into the mirror what looked back wasn’t Jyharri Ahmed, but Janice Acres. Blush was applied to both cheeks, bright pink in color. Jyharri scratched his head, the wig making his scalp itchy.

“Why am I a blonde?” Jyharri asked.

“The guy likes blondes,” Sydnie told him.

“My eyes are black though,” Jyharri pointed out. “That’s a dead giveaway.”

Sydnie laughed. “I told him you wear colored contacts. No matter what you think of I already have it dealt with.”

Jyharri looked at the small watch upon his left wrist. “It’s 4:36. Kind of early for a dinner date don’t you think?”

Sydnie shook her head in disagreement and pulled Jyharri to her room’s door. As they entered the hallway most guys in the hall took one look at Jyharri and whistled. Jyharri pulled down the red dress Sydnie had let him borrow. As they started to walk down the hall one guy looked Jyharri up and down from the front and then the back.

“What ‘cha lookin’ at?” Jyharri asked him turning around.

“Whoa,” said the guy before running off giggling like crazy.

“I told you this wouldn’t work,” said Jyharri.

“And why won’t it?” asked Sydnie turning around.

“Well,” started Jyharri, “I am in a dress and wearing sneakers. I have never seen a girl do that before.”

Sydnie held up one finger and ran back to her room. In about three minutes she was walking back to Jyharri holding a pair of high heels, black. She handed them to Jyharri, a smile on her face. Jyharri looked at them surprised.

“Put ‘em on,” Sydnie told him.

Jyharri replaced his sneakers with the high heels grumbling. As he tried to take a step, his left foot slipped, bending to the side. Regaining his balance, Jyharri looked at Sydnie like she was crazy.

“I’m supposed to go on a boat with these things?” Jyharri asked bewildered. “I’m going to kill myself!”

“Don’t be silly,” Sydnie said tapping him on the back.

This force set Jyharri’s balance off. He tipped forward and attempted to catch himself, but to no avail. He hit the ground face first. Sydnie burst out in laughter. Jyharri pushed himself up and blew the blonde wig out of his face. As he stood he wobbled a little before getting the hang of it. Jyharri turned to Sydnie, a look of accomplishment on his face.

“Good job,” Sydnie said clapping. “You can walk now.”

“There is still one major problem,” said Jyharri.

“What is that?” she asked.

“I don’t sound like a girl,” Jyharri told her. “I can’t make my voice high pitched.”

“Don’t worry,” said Sydnie. “I got it covered.”

“What are you going to do? Change my voc-”

Suddenly, Sydnie’s knee met Jyharri’s groin. He fell to the ground in pain, holding said groin. Sydnie stood over Jyharri smiling.

“How do you feel now?” asked Sydnie.

“Like a woman,” Jyharri said his voice squeaky.

“Then let’s go meet your date,” said Sydnie, once again pulling Jyharri.

Once aboard the boat, Jyharri was finally able to walk straight. As they exited the boat, a boy around Jyharri’s age was waving towards them. His brown hair fell backwards instead of forward. It looked as if his hair was trying to get away from his face. His black coat and white shirt made him look like a penguin. His red bowtie didn’t help either.

“Hey Sydnie,” said the boy once they were close enough.

“This is George,” Sydnie introduced him.

“And you are?” George asked taking Jyharri’s hand.

“Jessica,” he replied uncomfortably in his high voice.

“Janice,” coughed Sydnie.

“I mean Janice,” Jyharri corrected himself.

George raised Jyharri’s hand and kissed it. Jyharri laughed nervously and looked at Sydnie.

“Oh, I have something else to do,” said Sydnie walking backwards. “I’ll catch you guys later.”

Sydnie turned on her heel and ran off towards a tall building. George smiled at “Janice” and walked her to one of the restaurants on the grounds. Janice’s eyes started to dart back and forth nervously as they entered the glass doors. A sudden rush of varying smells hit Janice’s nose. As she looked around she noticed that this restaurant was one of the only places that didn’t have the colors of the school plastered all over it. The walls were a shade of orange, stripes running down the wall. All the tables were covered in a white tablecloth, candles on each one. A man in a waiter’s outfit bowed to them as they approached the front desk.

“Table for two?” he asked.

George nodded. The man showed them to a booth in the back. As they sat the waiter asked for their drink orders.

“I’ll take a Coke,” said George.

“Water is fine,” Janice said, avoiding all eye contact with George.

The waiter departed, leaving the two alone. George reached across the table for Janice’s hand. As soon as they touched Janice retracted her hand fast. George chuckled and moved her hand away from her face.

“What’s the matter?” he asked. “Are you afraid of me?”

“No,” said Janice. “It’s just I haven’t been on a date before so I wouldn’t know what to do.”

George slid around the table and sat very close to Janice. She tried to get away, but she was trapped between him and the end of the booth.

“You just have to trust me,” said George as he put his hand to her face.

He leaned in close to her, closing his eyes puckering his lips. Janice looked at him horrified. She looked around for something to stop him. She quickly grabbed her napkin and put it to his lips.

“I don’t kiss on the first date,” Janice told him. “I usually wait until the second.”

“But you said you’ve never been on a date before,” George observed.

Janice was caught off guard. She tried to say something back, but all that came out were stutters and gibberish. As soon as George was about to retort the waiter set two cups on the table.

“A Coke and water,” he said. “Are you ready to order?”

Saved by the waiter, Janice thought.

“I’ll take the ribs with a side of fries,” said George looking at the menu.

“And you miss?”

“I’ll just have a small salad,” said Janice quietly.

“Your order will be ready in a few minutes,” said the waiter, disappearing again.

George slid back onto his side of the table and looked into Janice’s eyes.

“Even though they’re contacts,” he said, “you have the most beautiful eyes.”

How lame, she thought.

“So do you like to battle?” Janice asked.

“Battling is fun and all, but I like contests more,” George replied.

“Oh a Coordinator, that’s pretty nice,” said Janice.

“Nice enough for a kiss?” asked George hopefully.

“Not a chance,” Janice told him. “I like battling. If you were a battler then it would be a different story.”

“Would I get the kiss if I was?” George asked.

“No,” said Janice. “I said it would be a different story. Learn to how to listen dipstick.”

Janice clapped a hand on her mouth. Oh no, that’s Jyharri talking!

George looked at Janice weird and shook his head. After that last comment he was silent for once. Three whole minutes went by and he didn’t speak a word. Other students moved in and out of the restaurant. The place was half full, mostly kids. Some teachers came in and left, disturbed by the noise of the kids.

“You’re not going to apologize?” George asked looking down at the table.

Why should I apologize if it’s true? Janice asked herself.

“No matter,” said George. “I still like you.”

He smiled brightly at her. Janice flashed a nervous smile, brushing her blonde hair out of the way. Silence reigned over them once again. Another five minutes of silence passed before the waiter came and broke the silence. As he placed the food on the table Janice saw George eyeing it with a watery mouth.

“Will there be anything else?” the waiter asked.

The two shook their heads and the waiter once more disappeared. As soon as the waiter was gone George attacked his food. Meat and sauce from the ribs was flying onto the table, staining it a dark red color. Janice looked at him disgusted. As soon as the ribs were dead George started on the fries. When he was eating the fries it was more controlled, but still revolting. As soon as he finished his food George let out a belch.

“That was good!” he exclaimed.

Janice had put down her fork, having lost her appetite. George looked over at her and smiled. Gunk from the food lined his teeth.

“I had a good time with you,” George told her. “I feel like I know everything about you.”

“You have no idea,” Janice muttered.

“You ready to leave?” George asked checking his watch. “It’s currently 7:04. I promised my roommates I’d be back at 7:45.”

“Yeah, let’s go,” Janice said standing.

George pulled out his wallet and threw some cash onto the table. Janice walked ahead of him, wanting to be as far away from him as possible. As she exited, Janice felt a rush of cold air. Darkness had fallen over the academy. The moon hung in the sky, bright in all its glory. Sounds of many wild Pokémon could be heard. There were many howls of Mightyena and Poochyena. Many Cubone cried at the moon, thinking of their lost mothers. Janice looked up into the sky and saw many bird creatures fly over her. They were majorly brown, orange beaked and fairly small.

“Look at the Starly,” she said amazed.

As the flock of Starly flew overhead their chirps could be heard. They were singing in tune with the other Pokémon cries. As she admired the beauty of it all, Janice started to shiver. Suddenly, a cloth fell onto her shoulders. She turned to see George put his coat on her.

“Can’t have you getting cold,” he said with a smile.

“I don’t need this,” Janice said trying to hand it back.

“Keep it,” said George. “It’s yours.”

Janice shrugged and dropped it to the ground. She walked on it and kept walking towards the dorms. George looked at her surprised and ran after her.

“What was that for?” George asked bewildered.

“I told you I didn’t need it,” she explained. “What dorm are you in?”

“I’m in Leaf Green,” he replied. “I know you’re in Fire Red. I’ll walk you there.”

Janice laughed. “I’ll go myself.”

“That wouldn’t be safe,” said George, taking her hand again, “a beautiful girl like you walking alone at night.”

Idiot, she thought laughing to herself. If only you knew.

“How about a good night kiss then,” George said.

He started to lean in again for a kiss. Janice attempt to back out of it, but George wrapped his arms around her waist. He was so close now Janice could feel his hot breath. Janice tried to think of a way out of it, but couldn’t think straight.

“Janice!” called out someone.

George opened his eyes and looked around for the source of the voice. Sydnie had ran to the two from the docks to the Fire Red dorm.

“Are you ready to go?” she asked.

Janice nodded her head and slid out of George’s arms, almost running to the docks.

“Thanks for convincing her,” George thanked her. “Here is the money as promised.”

Sydnie smiled as she was handed the money. Meeting up with Janice at the docks she started to laugh.

“How was it?” Sydnie asked counting the money.

“Horrible,” said Jyharri, his voice back to normal. “He tried to kiss me, twice!”

Sydnie continued to laugh as they were about to step onto the boat. Suddenly a scream pierced the night air. Following the scream was a grunt of pain and a body falling on the ground.

“What was that?” Sydnie asked turning around.

“I don’t know,” Jyharri said. “Do you have my clothes?”

Sydnie handed Jyharri his blazer accompanied with his black shirt, jeans, and sneakers. Jyharri slipped behind a wall and changed quickly. As soon as his rightful clothes were on he ran to the location of the scream, Sydnie right behind him. As they rounded the corner what came into view first were two flashes of yellow. It was two Lightning Yellow students. They both looked very familiar. As the one on the ground rolled over, Jyharri recognized the face as Brandon’s. When he looked at the other he noticed they were very short.

“Brianna, Brandon,” said Jyharri surprised. “What happened?”

“That little pervert touched my breast!” Brianna screamed. “So I kicked him!”

“Kicked him where?” Jyharri asked already knowing the answer.

“In the groin,” Brianna said proudly.

Jyharri shook his head at Brandon as Brianna stormed off to the Lightning Yellow dorm. As Brandon got to his knees he coughed.

“I was startled,” Brandon said between gasps. “My hand flew out. I-I didn’t mean it!”

Jyharri threw his hands into his pockets and walked in the opposite direction. Sydnie just shook her head and followed Jyharri.

“You boys surprise me,” Sydnie told him chuckling.

“We’re not all like that,” Jyharri retorted giving her a serious look. “It’s guys like that that give us a bad name.”

Sydnie silently agreed with him as they entered the docks. As soon as they were in the lobby Jyharri stopped, standing still.

“Do you want me to walk you to your room?” Jyharri offered her.

“No,” Sydnie declined. “I’ll be ok.”

“I’m going to do it anyway,” Jyharri told her smiling.

“You care about me, don’t you?” Sydnie asked hopefully.

“No, I might meet some hot girls,” Jyharri replied looking away.

Sydnie punched Jyharri in the side angrily. “Why am I not surprised?”

As Sydnie walked away Jyharri dashed to catch up to her. As they walked it was completely silent. Jyharri occasionally glanced at Sydnie, but she never returned it. As soon as they got to her room she walked right by him not saying a word.

“Fine don’t say bye,” muttered Jyharri as he turned to leave.

While he was walking down the hallway he saw a shadow against the wall by the exit to the lobby. The shadow exited the girl’s hallway and entered the lobby. Jyharri, not learning his lesson from earlier, followed it. When he entered the lobby he was the outline of a girl sitting in one of the chairs.

“Jessica, is that you,” he called out.

The girl turned and looked at Jyharri.

“Yeah it’s me,” she replied.

Jyharri walked over to her and looked down at her with a smile. Jessica looked back up at him, but did not smile back.

“I noticed you weren’t in class today,” Jyharri said to break the silence. “Did you get sick?”

She shook her head.

“So, after what happened between us, are we like boyfriend and girlfriend now?” Jyharri asked nervously.

“No,” she said bluntly.

Jyharri was shocked to hear her answer. “Why not, I mean we kind of made out.”

“What’s your point?” she asked standing up.

“Did you not feel the same thing I did?” Jyharri asked still in shock.

“Jyharri, listen,” she said. “That was a spur of the moment thing. I liked this guy and decided to try and ask him out. He declined me. I was completely distraught after that and had to bounce back somehow. Since I’ve known you my whole life I figured you would understand that there will be nothing between us. I liked you when we were kids, but not anymore.”

Jyharri looked away from her, depositing his hands into his pockets again. He looked down at the floor, his hair covering the majority of his face.

“So you used me,” Jyharri observed quietly. “You used me like a tool and expected me to be ok with that?!”

Jessica was surprised at how angry he was becoming. In the whole time she had known him she had never seen him get angry. “Jyharri, I…”

“No, you listen to me,” Jyharri said looking up into her eyes angrily. “I have known you my entire life. You were one of the only people I truly cared for. I thought I liked you when we were kids, but then at the same time I thought you hated me. In turn I hated you back. My hatred overcame my love for you! What kind of person does that make me? Am I that messed up? Am I that flawed? This is what hatred does to you. It turns you into something inhuman.”

Jessica put a hand to her mouth, surprised at Jyharri’s reaction. Tears started to flow from Jyharri’s eyes. Jessica gasped, shocked even more by the tears. Jyharri had never cried in front of her before.

“There are now only three people I truly care for left in this world,” Jyharri said between gasps. “They have always been there for me and they always will. They surpass you in my eyes. Don’t talk to me anymore.”

With that Jyharri turned and walked away. Jessica fell back into the chair, not knowing what to do as of now. When Jyharri entered his room, it was dark. The outlines of the furniture could be made out. Jyharri went straight to his room and fell onto his bed and lay there, thinking. Was it rational to say those things to Jessica? Was it the right choice? What about Sydnie? Was he right in telling her he didn’t care for her that much? Jyharri turned over onto his back and stared up at the ceiling.

I’ve gotten myself into quite a pickle.

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Wtf?!?!

JYHARRI PLAYS A GIRL?!

things we do for cash... XD

Best part of the chapter:

“Good job,” Sydnie said clapping. “You can walk now.”

“There is still one major problem,” said Jyharri.

“What is that?” she asked.

“I don’t sound like a girl,” Jyharri told her. “I can’t make my voice high pitched.”

“Don’t worry,” said Sydnie. “I got it covered.”

“What are you going to do? Change my voc-”

Suddenly, Sydnie’s knee met Jyharri’s groin. He fell to the ground in pain, holding said groin. Sydnie stood over Jyharri smiling.

“How do you feel now?” asked Sydnie.

“Like a woman,” Jyharri said his voice squeaky.

“Then let’s go meet your date,” said Sydnie, once again pulling Jyharri.

Owww… XD

So... he blows it with Sydnie and finds out he was a stand in for a then vulnerable Jessica... sad.

Kelly and Keckleon seem to hit things off. Wonder what their plans are?

The only grammatical downside was that you tended to end questions with a coma instead of a question mark. It happened several times this chapter. Not to be lazy, but I really need some shut-eye, so you'll have to excuse me.

Poor guys... Nether Shots FTW!

At least, they would be... if I were a girl.

L@er!

Torpoleon

Nice chapter! Oh, poor Jyharri ; dating a guy; telling Sydnie he doesn't really care about her much; and Jessica just using him. Jyharri is right; he is in a pickle. I can't wait for more!

Shikamio

That's some funny stuff

Both hits to the groin were hilarious, but it kind of hurt me too.
Keep up the good job with the fan fiction!

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Hey readers! I'm back with chapter 9! The reason I was banned was that my banner happened to be too large and it was my third strike, but don't fret! I'm on time with the newest chapter! It is considerably shorter than the last, being about eleven pages long, but I feel like I've captured what I wanted to capture. Also since my whole signature was removed I have brought for you a new theme for Dedication Through Light and Darkness!You can check it out here. Tell me what you think in your review. Does it go with the fan fiction? Is it a good song? Does it not go with the fan fiction? etc. Now, with that said, enjoi!

Chapter 9: Challenge! Jyharri vs Drake!

The cafeteria seemed to be more crowded than usual. Students were talking to their classmates about various things. Some were talking about the upcoming tournament while others were talking about how they hated the homework. It seemed like everyone was sitting with their friends having a blast; all except one. Jyharri was sitting by himself; a sad expression lay on his face.

This is just great, he thought. Sydnie thinks I’m a user and Jessica is a user.

While many thoughts ran through Jyharri’s head, a shadow covered him. As he looked up what came into his view was a rather tall male student. He stood at about six foot two inches, completely dwarfing most. His blazer was the same red as Jyharri’s, telling him he was in Fire Red. Jyharri stood, looking him up and down.

“What do you want?” Jyharri asked cautiously.

“You seemed sad,” said the boy. “I wanted to see if you were ok.”

“I’m fine,” Jyharri lied.

“I’m Mio,” the boy introduced himself.

“The name is Jyharri,” said Jyharri. “Jyharri Ahmed.”

“Well what’s on your mind?” Mio asked.

Jyharri looked off to one side, not facing Mio. He bit his lower lip.

Should I trust this guy? Jyharri asked himself. What if Sydnie sent him to spy on me?

“You can tell me,” Mio reassured him. “I am completely trustable.”

“It’s none of your concern,” Jyharri finally told him.

“Well,” Mio started, “I’ll be around if you ever want to talk. Just give me a ring.”

As he walked away Jyharri sat back down, scanning the many students in the lunch room. As he spotted Sydnie he didn’t take his eyes off her. She was sitting with three girls Jyharri had never seen before. They all wore blue blazers with tan pants. They were laughing at something that Sydnie had said. Jyharri had started to think as he saw them laugh uncontrollably. Whatever Sydnie had said must have been pretty funny. Was it about him? Jyharri stood up, about to confront the girls and demand to know what they were laughing at. The problem was Jyharri didn’t know how to speak to Sydnie at the moment. As he approached them, he decided to wing it.

“Sydnie,” said one of the girls, “look. It’s the guy you were talking about.”

Sydnie spun around in her seat to see Jyharri standing behind her. A smile drew itself across her face. She waved to him and turned back to face her friends. Jyharri sighed and tapped her on the shoulder gently.

“Yes?” Sydnie asked sweetly as she turned her head.

“We need to,” Jyharri started. Talk. “Work on that project.”

“You’re right,” said Sydnie. “Did you ask Drake to battle you yet?”

“Not yet, but I’m sure he would,” replied Jyharri.

“Does he have lunch now?” asked Sydnie.

Jyharri simply pointed to a table across the cafeteria. A crowd was behind a group of four people talking; three were male and one was female. They all wore different blazers, representing the four different dorms. Drake was among the four people. They seemed to be deep in conversation, letting out a laugh or two at certain times. Sydnie stood and the two approached the table. The four students looked up, ceasing their conversation at once.

“Hey Drake,” said Jyharri.

“Jyharri,” replied Drake in his accent as usual. “What can I do for ya?”

“I need to record a battle of me with a fourth year,” explained Jyharri. “I was wondering if you were up for it.”

Drake’s friends laughed. They seemed to think it was funny that a first year was challenging a fourth year.

“This kid can’t be serious,” one of them said.

“He’ll be demolished,” said another.

Drake calmed them down as he stood. “I’ll battle ya Jyharri. When and where?”

“Right here and now,” Jyharri said with a smirk.

“Pumped up now are ya?” asked Drake.

“No the project is due tomorrow,” Jyharri told him honestly.

“Well then let’s hit it,” said Drake pushing back the table.

His friends, as they were being pushed back with the table, seemed shocked. Their mouths hung open in disbelief. The female, regaining composure, smiled.

“Don’t be too hard on him Drake,” she told him. “Just go for a two on two battle.”

Drake gave her a big grin as he pulled out one of his Pokéballs. Jyharri stared Drake down, pulling out his own Pokéball. Sydnie pulled out the camera, ready to catch every second of the action. Before the battle even started, a crowd formed around the two Fire Red students. Many were still eating, spilling their lunch on each other. Being a fourth year, Drake attracted enormous attention. People in the crowd began to push, attempting to get a view of the trainers.

“Nidorino,” Drake shouted, “time for battle mate!”

Out of Drake’s Pokéball emerged a pinkish creature. The horn on its forehead looked like it could pierce even the hardest steel. The large ears on its head had a green color on the inside. Spikes ran down its back, looking as sharp as the horn.

“Nidorino’s spikes and horns aren’t just for show,” Drake informed everyone. “They can secrete a deadly poison.”

“Zangoose, stand by for battle!” Jyharri yelled throwing his Pokéball.

The light from Jyharri’s ball flew into the ground, materializing into one of Jyharri’s powerhouses. Zangoose immediately slid into a battle stance, ready for anything. Nidorino looked Zangoose over, determining if he was a challenge. The look on Nidorino’s face turned serious.

“Looks like your Zangoose is a threat to my Nidorino,” Drake observed with a chuckle.

“Not just a threat,” Jyharri smiled, “but the one that will bring him down! Hit him with Thunderbolt!”

Zangoose released a large bolt of lightning, directing it toward Nidorino. The yellow bolt flew into the air, coming down upon Nidorino’s head. Nidorino’s face scrunched up.

“Direct hit,” Jyharri said punching the air.

It was a direct hit no doubt, but Nidorino didn’t move an inch. The Poison type shook his head, shaking off the damage.

“It looks like it did nothing!” someone in the crowd yelled.

The crowd started to murmur. They all seemed impressed with Drake and his Nidorino.

“Looks like Jyharri really isn’t that good,” someone whispered in the crowd.

This comment spread around the crowd in a matter of seconds. When it hit Jyharri’s ears he became agitated.

“I’ll show you good,” Jyharri said. “Zangoose, use Crush Claw!”

Zangoose charged at Nidorino, both claws up. Suddenly, Zangoose’s claws started to glow, both of them. Nearing Nidorino, Zangoose jumped. In the air, Zangoose thrust his right claw forward. One claw pointed towards Nidorino on the ground while the other was behind his back.

“Wait for it,” Drake whispered to Nidorino.

Nidorino readied himself, eyeing Zangoose. As soon as the Normal type was right in front of Nidorino, Nidorino dug his horn into Zangoose’s chest. Jyharri was shocked. Zangoose flew back, skidding on the ground. Zangoose immediately got up, growling at Nidorino.

“Quick Attack,” Jyharri ordered.

Just as Zangoose was about to take a step, he fell to one knee. Zangoose grabbed where Nidorino’s horn had hit him. Something was wrong. The crowd once again started to buzz. No one knew what had happened.

“That ought to be Nidorino’s ability,” Drake explained. “You see, with Poison Point, if a Pokémon comes into physical contact with Nidorino they may become poisoned.”

“Try to use Slash,” Jyharri suggested.

Zangoose jumped into the air, landing in front of Nidorino. Nidorino jumped; surprised that Zangoose appeared in front of him. Zangoose raised his right claw, bringing it down to slash Nidorino across the face. Nidorino staggered back, temporarily blinded.

“Follow up with Close Combat!” Jyharri called out punching the air.

Zangoose stalked Nidorino, closing in any distance. When they were close enough to feel each other’s breaths Zangoose let out a barrage of punches, slashes, and kicks upon Nidorino. Nidorino flew back to Drake, slowly getting up. Zangoose fell to one knee again, breathing heavily.

“Your Zangoose can’t take much more,” said Drake. “I would suggest recalling him.”

“Zangoose,” Jyharri called out. “Do you want to give up?”

Zangoose stood up and let out a fierce battle cry.

“He says no,” Jyharri said with a smirk. “If we’re goin’ down, we’re taking you with us! Flamethrower attack!”

Zangoose opened his mouth wide, expelling a stream of flames. Nidorino attempted to dodge, but was caught in the flames. Nidorino fell to the ground, unconscious. A few seconds later Zangoose followed suit. The two trainers recalled their fallen Pokémon, smirking at one another. Many people in the crowd gasped; surprised that Drake’s Pokémon had fainted. As Jyharri pulled out his second Pokéball he heard some people in the crowd whispering.

“He’s better than I thought,” they said.

“Jigglypuff,” Drake shouted, “time to sing Sheila!”

This time a pink round ball emerged from Drake’s Pokéball. The curl on its forehead seemed to be what it called hair. The arms and legs on its body were small. As it landed on the ground it puffed itself up, increasing in size dramatically. Many female students let out an “Aww!” signaling that they thought it was cute. Jyharri smirked as he pulled out his Pokéball.

“Eevee, stand by for battle!” Jyharri yelled as he threw his Pokéball.

The instant Eevee materialized she performed a little back flip. An even bigger group of female students cried “Aww!” when Eevee emerged from the Pokéball. Eevee didn’t let the attention get to her.

“You can start,” Jyharri told Drake.

“Big mistake,” said Drake. “Jigglypuff, use Hyper Voice!”

Jigglypuff let out a cry that shook the walls. Many people covered their ears. A wave of the cry flew into Eevee, knocking her back. As Eevee shook it off another one collided into her knocking her back even more.

“Go for a Double Slap!” Drake yelled.

Jigglypuff dashed in front of Eevee and began to slap her repeatedly. After about six slaps, Jigglypuff pulled her hand back for one last slap. Eevee wasn’t having it though. As soon as the hand neared her, Eevee bit onto it. Jigglypuff let out a scream. Her big green eyes began to water.

“Don’t fall for it Eevee,” Jyharri called out.”It’s just a trick. She’s trying to get you to let down your guard.”

Eevee spun around in a circle, pulling Jigglypuff. When then balloon became dizzy, Eevee let go, launching her into the air.

“Now use Iron Tail!” Jyharri said.

Eevee jumped into the air, tail glowing brightly. As she hovered above Jigglypuff Eevee flipped a couple times. As she brought her tail down Jigglypuff grabbed it with her little arms.

“Counter it!” Drake shouted.

Jigglypuff was the one spinning now. The pink puff ball released Eevee, throwing her into the ground. Eevee hit the ground hard, the air knocked out of her. Jigglypuff came down, stomping on Eevee.

“Nice Body Slam,” Drake complimented his Pokémon.

Jigglypuff jumped off of Eevee and did a little bow. In the middle of the bow, Eevee jumped up behind her and slammed her glowing tail on Jigglypuff’s head. Jigglypuff fell to the ground face first. Another gasp emitted from the crowd. Jigglypuff shakily stood up, throwing a nasty look at Eevee.

“Uh-oh,” was all Drake said.

“What do you mean ‘uh-oh’?” Jyharri questioned.

“Jigglypuff is mad,” he told Jyharri.

Jigglypuff let out a cry and dashed to Eevee in a matter of seconds. Jigglypuff began her assault on Eevee with a barrage of slaps. Before Eevee could react Jigglypuff sent out another sound wave that shook the glass windows. Eevee was blown back, bouncing on the ground like a flat stone on water. Suddenly, light began to group around Jigglypuff’s mouth.

Is that what I think it is? Jyharri asked himself. “Eevee you have to get out of there!”

As Eevee stood, she attempted to jump out of the way. Before she could, a wave of electricity shot out from Jigglypuff. As soon as it hit Eevee she was glued to the spot, electricity surrounding her.

“Eevee is done for!” Sydnie cried catching every moment on film.

A ball now formed itself in Jigglypuff’s mouth. Eevee tried to move out of the way, but only moved a few inches. Jyharri looked from Jigglypuff to Eevee, not knowing what to do.

“Jigglypuff,” Drake called. “End this with Solarbeam!”

The light ball from Jigglypuff’s mouth turned into a light beam. Packed with power, the beam headed straight for Eevee. Eevee was still trying to crawl out of the way, but to no avail.

“Eevee,” Jyharri cried, “use the move we were practicing!”

The beam hit the spot where Eevee was last seen. A small explosion erupted in the process. A strong gust of wind formed and started to blow things around the room. Different colored blazers were being blown back, making them look like capes in the wind. Jyharri held onto his hat tightly for fear of losing it. Lunches were blown from the tables and onto the floor, walls, or even students. Jigglypuff smirked as the wind died. A cloud of smoke formed itself over the battlefield. Neither Pokémon could be seen. As the dust cleared on Jyharri’s side Eevee was seen standing!

“How did she survive that attack?! Drake shouted.

“Hmph,” said Jyharri. “The move we’ve been practicing was Protect. I thought it would come in handy later.”

Jigglypuff inhaled a bunch of air, inflating herself again. Eevee gave her a smirk. Out of nowhere Eevee staggered. Her legs trembled until she finally fell to the floor, knocked out. Jyharri watched Eevee shocked.

“Looks like it could still use some practice,” said Drake with a smile. “I think your Eevee was too hurt to form a full barrier and only received half the damage it would have. Even so, that damage was enough to end this battle.”

Jyharri fell to his knees as he recalled Eevee. The students in the crowd cheered for Drake, rushing over to him. The entire crowd swarmed Drake, not a single person by Jyharri’s side. Sydnie clicked a button on the camera and approached Jyharri.

“Well we got the project done,” she said. “Too bad you lost though. If Eevee was evolved then you would have won.”

“I don’t think so,” Jyharri quietly spoke. “My Eevee is fine as she is. With just a little more training she will be able to beat even the strongest of her evolutions.”

Jyharri stood slowly, a serious look on his face. Drake looked over the crowd and into Jyharri’s eyes. He gave Jyharri thumbs up. Jyharri knew what he meant. He returned the compliment with a smirk.

BladedScizor

I decided to give this story a go-through, and I'm liking it so far. There are a couple things I want to mention, though.

As some previous reviewers have said, it seems a bit odd that trainers as experienced as the characters in this story feel a need to attend a Pokemon Academy. This especially due to the fact that, based on some of the answers that Jyharri's teachers expect, this school seems to have a fairly closed-minded view on Pokemon training.

Then there's the aftermath of the Jyharri vs. Sydnie battle. It just strikes me as strange that a school specifically for Pokemon Training is not built to be able to withstand a Pokemon Battle. And then there are the unreasonable demands the Headmaster made of Jyharri afterwards; after all, it was mind-numbingly obvious that the damage was Sydnie's fault as well, and that said damage was due to a Pokemon Battle, something that the school, I would think, is supposed to condone. That said, I would think that Jyharri would have at least gotten more options than a "Get me 1500 dollars or I break your kneecaps".

There were a couple other things in the most recent chapter. The most blatant of these is that, despite having one as the main character's most often used Pokemon, you appear to have forgotten Zangoose's Immunity ability, which meant that the way he lost to Nidorino should not have happened. The reaction of the spectators immediately after the battle(I'd almost go as far to say during the battle as well) also seems unrealistic; considering how you've spent the last several chapters emphasizing how one-sided a battle between a first-year and a fourth-year should be, you would think that Jyharri would have gotten at least some support considering how close he managed to come to actually winning.