• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POKEMON ADVANCED BATTLE new intro

T

Totodilemew

I saw it yesterday, and it's really hard for me to see why so many of you are complaining. I thought it was great for a Pokémon opening. Much better than Advanced Challenge's opening, and the scenes were all pretty cool. It was probably one of the best openings in the English series.

H

Hotokegokoro

The lyrics suck, in my oppinion, but that's usually what happens to good shows with awsome Japanese intros....they get butchered in the process of being dubbed and edited. The intro itself is nice, minus the lyrics =/

S

Solarbeam Venusaur

When I first saw this the cloaked figure in the intro I thought it was Gligarman.
I looked at the intro just now and paused it as the cloaked figure looked over his/her shadow.
It's Mewtwo, He has the same horns and his head is the same shape.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Hotokegokoro said:
The lyrics suck, in my oppinion, but that's usually what happens to good shows with awsome Japanese intros....they get butchered in the process of being dubbed and edited. The intro itself is nice, minus the lyrics =/
Jesh the lyrics are much better than what you get in pop songs these days. You can't say the Japanese themes have been "butchered" because its not the same song, if it was new lyrics for the samesong maybe but this is an entirely new song

I saw it again.

T'was amazing.

Best dub ever.

I dont like Advanced Challenge though.

IMO,Advanced Challenge was pathetic.

W

WaluigiCubed

I like the Pokemon Advanced Battle intro. The clips are pretty cool (but they do have spoilers :/) and I really like the song too.

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
Gaiash said:
pathetic? How?
Indeed. "This Dream" (P:AC's opening) has much better progressions. The video wasn't the best (I hate it when they speed things up!), but the song was very pretty. P:AB's opening is too happy and that guitar riff is slightly annoying. Also it has that silly-sounding "Advanced Battle!" thing they yell (twice!). And it feels too long, dadgummit.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Advanced Battle! We're battling.... advanced like!

AB went pretty deep with the vocals. Hell, that "OooOOoooH" at the start knocked my socks off. And it kept the familiar guitar riffs that I enjoy, so I can't consider it all bad. I just WISH they didn't add and then speed up so much content. Content, mind you, that could've been saved.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I LOVED Advanced Challenge myself. Here's my two cents:

Advanced Challenge --> Great theme song, bad credits (too fast, too little Team Rocket)

Advanced Battle --> Bad theme song, great credits (twice the Team Rocket!! :D )

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Haven't seen the credits intro yet for Advanced Battle but the one for Advanced Challenge was equally as good as it's main intro.

~Ψ_Madame_Leota_Ψ~

Charming Ghostess
Solarbeam Venusaur said:
When I first saw this the cloaked figure in the intro I thought it was Gligarman.
I looked at the intro just now and paused it as the cloaked figure looked over his/her shadow.
It's Mewtwo, He has the same horns and his head is the same shape.

Where did you get a download of the intro????? I've been looking all over for one!!

Anyway, what impressed me about that scene was not only just because it was Mewtwo, but because the incredible jumping ability he displayed . . . seems that those big hips really ARE muscle after all . . .

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I wonder if I convince the College to let me record me singing Advance Battle

Edit: Boo-ya! I saw an advert on Toonami. We Brits are getting Pokemon Advanced Battle on Toonami October 10th. I'm so excited, now I just need to have my Ash costume made by the College textiles department and everything will be AWESOME!!

Last edited:

BlueFlameCharizard

The Original Shiny Pokemon
I just saw it... o_O()

Why are they using the Battlefrontier introduction in it.... ~sweatdrop~
I wonder how many people are now wondering who Rukario is... as well as the new pokes that have been listed...

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

BlueFlameCharizard said:
I just saw it... o_O()

Why are they using the Battlefrontier introduction in it.... ~sweatdrop~

Like it was mentioned before, the Battle Fronteir starts in this season. 4Kids hasn't been changing the theme song that much recently between seasons. The last one was Advanced, but then again, Advanced began a new series even in Japan.

BlueFlameCharizard said:
I wonder how many people are now wondering who Rukario is... as well as the new pokes that have been listed...

That makes the theme song more interesting because many people won't know who they are yet.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
MJC CartoGuy said:
Like it was mentioned before, the Battle Fronteir starts in this season. 4Kids hasn't been changing the theme song that much recently between seasons.
Season 1: Kanto
Season 2: Kanto and Orange Islands
Season 3: Orange Islands and Johto
Season 4: Johto
Season 5: Johto
Season 6: Johto and Hoenn
Season 7: Hoenn
Season 8: Hoenn and Battle Fronteir

See? It was completely unneccesary to do this. It's not like we've never had more than one reigon per season before.

*Ra*

The power of the sun
yes finally saw the intro, sadly i won't be able to watch it because they stopped airing pokemon where i live, i still download episodes though, and i just downloaded the intro.

I like it, though you guys are right it does contain spoilers, but the pace of the video is pretty quick so most people won't notice too much. It does copy the 2 japanese intros and combines which is weird.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Lil Brother said:
It was completely unneccesary to do this. It's not like we've never had more than one reigon per season before.

And it's not like 4Kids hasn't spoiled things way before they should have, either. You guys are acting like this is the first time they've ever done this sort of thing.