• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POKEMON ADVANCED BATTLE new intro

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
ShucklemasterJ said:
shame you belive it was
I do not belive Mewtwo:
1) Wears clothes, the shadow looks alot like a dress
2) especially a dress!

Mewtwo has a tail, three 'fingers' and two lil horn like things on his head, when it shown the shadow on his head there was only two lumps which could be mistaken for horns but it was obviously wearing clothes

And since when is it impossible for pokemon to wear clothes?

And besides, we've already seen Mewtwo wearing a cloak in one of those "World of Pokemon" intros before one of the movies.

P

phoenix12

Originally Posted By V Faction
So that, combined with leftovers from here, can work.

I def hope so! That could get screwed up, though, if by the time the US gets to the next season, Japan is already on the D/P anime saga (highly unlikely, though, at the rate the BF saga is going so far).

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
V Faction said:
This should take us all the way up to where the Japanese version is currently at [spoil](the contest)[/spoil] and by then there will likely be a new opening in Japan. So that, combined with leftovers from here, can work.
The 'Battle' intro is gonna stay with us for quite a while ...x__x;;

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

but Why would Mewtwo be in the intro?
he was in the johto journeys because of Mewtwo returns so why would he be in the new intro?
and I have seen the world of pokemon things and I have not seen a single sign of that stupid clone jerk anywhere

I understand why Mew and Rukario were there because of the 8th film, I stil belive it wasn't Mewtwo unless he cut off his tail

V Faction

www.faction.com
AdvanceX said:
The 'Battle' intro is gonna stay with us for quite a while ...x__x;;
Yeah? Should be 52 Episodes. Maybe a little less. Nothing wrong with that if we actually DO get to the Battle Frontier in that span (which we do). Now, if they used footage from Battle Frontier's opening, but never did reach that particular arc, there would be a problem.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Pokemon Symphonic Medley featured every single pokmeon, from Kanto to Jouto to Houen, at one point or another in the intro. That's why Mewtwo's there.

P

phoenix12

the more I watch this intro and hear what people have to say, I realize I jumped the gun a little bit in condeming the entire sequence...it's not awful and does fit somewhat well into how the US seasons work...I just liked the Jap BF intro a lot the way it was, so I was ****** as hell to see the dubbers mixing it up this much

mewtwo1414141414

Sea Ruby Trainer
ShucklemasterJ said:
shame you belive it was
I do not belive Mewtwo:
1) Wears clothes, the shadow looks alot like a dress
2) especially a dress!

Mewtwo has a tail, three 'fingers' and two lil horn like things on his head, when it shown the shadow on his head there was only two lumps which could be mistaken for horns but it was obviously wearing clothes
Heres a clip from Mewtwo returns where he is on top of a buliding wereing a cape. Its a real pic someone just added the words.
[img135]http://www.pokemysteries.net/mewtwo.jpg[/img135]

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
ShucklemasterJ said:
he was in the johto journeys because of Mewtwo returns so why would he be in the new intro?
and I have seen the world of pokemon things and I have not seen a single sign of that stupid clone jerk anywhere

I understand why Mew and Rukario were there because of the 8th film, I stil belive it wasn't Mewtwo unless he cut off his tail
Mewtwo was PUT into the 'Battle' intro because it was taken from the Medley japanese intro where there was nothing but Legendary Pokemon shown. 4Kids just took that and added along to everything else they just slapped together to show to the public. =__=;;; And also.. his tail wasn't cut off..... *sigh*... .__. -____-;;;

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
ShucklemasterJ said:

IT WAS MEWTWO, DAMN IT! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ACCEPT IT!?

<_< Who else could it be!?'

EDIT: His tail was under the coat. Duh.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
2nd of October for the UK I think :redface:

I always felt the end of Advanced Challenge would leave a big hole to fill for the next one. Is this one still leaning towards the rock-side or are there traits of a symphonic melody here or what?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

o.........k then

stupid Mewtwo..... but if they shown mewtwo why didnt they show all the legendaries in the dub?

wait! 4kdis is stupid like that

P

phoenix12

Originally Posted By SharpShooter
Is this one still leaning towards the rock-side or are there traits of a symphonic melody here or what?

Rock-side....the guitar riffs remind me of the Jap BF music a little.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
So, can somebody take me through all the individual shots in the order they happen in? And I think a new opening will be entirely Frontier-based for Season 9. And I'm glad Ludicolo and Snorunt/Glalie weren't revealed. I was really worried that they would be spoiled and ruin the element of surprise from the two evolutions that the Japanese version brought. And maybe they were left out because they aren't there at the end of the season. Do the other gang pokemon appear at all?

My Take:

Oh yeah, this is one of the best intros I have ever seen!!! I remember some of the scenes were from Battle Frontier and Symphonic Melody, and they really blended it together perfectly!

I see they didn't use the whole Chibi Slide thing from the BF intro
[img300]http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/6640/openingthing1dk.gif[/img300]
Would have worked better but..

The song was rockin good, and it worked perfectly as well! You have done it well, this is the ultimate test!

20/20