1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Adventure Fans! What should Bill and Daisy's hypothetical canonized ship be called?

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by shoz999, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

To this date, there seems to be no recognizable shipping name for this underrated yet fairly hypothetical canonized romance, Bill x Daisy. So who better to think of the name then the fans who understand the Pokemon Adventures manga lore best. Regular shippers can join in but I feel like fans, shipper or not, of the Pokemon Adventures manga would have the best input. I mean this isn't some random romance between two random people seemingly out of nowhere that any regular shipper can make up some name for. This is a legit hypothetical romance that could be canon in the future dating back to the GSC chapter and ABSOLUTELY deserves a manga-lore exclusive name like it's fellow counterparts! The Let's Go titles are also coming soon so it's also possible we could see more hints into this possible ship. To this date, this ship does not have a manga-based name. If you looked up the ships, you may have realized that a lot of the shippings are based around terms, lore, or personalities that reflect exclusively to content in the manga, which is why I feel like Pokemon Adventure fans, even if your not a shipper, are best suited to this task! So any ideas?

[​IMG]

So why could Bill x Daisy possibly be canon?
    Since the GSC Story Arc I believe, their have been hints here and there that the writer of Pokemon Adventures intends these two brainy nerds to be a couple! For one thing, they tend to support each other to the end, Bill a little surprised at Daisy's confidence in him during the mysterious mass shut-down of the PC system across Johto and Kanto. Since then, Daisy Oak has been Bill's assistant until the Emerald Arc. What also supports this hypothetical romance is that they are both Pokemon Researchers. Your probably thinking, wait? What the hell does that have to do with romance? It's shipping, apparently having stuff in common like this counts to the average shipper lol! Seriously though, stuff like this does give a hint into the writers mindset of what they intend. I don't think it's a coincidence that the writer grouped these two together as partners. However the final cherry on the topping would have to be Green, Daisy's brother. When Green meets Bill, he gives off a unsettling tone, asking Bill how his sister is doing. Bill nervously replies back that she's fine. This is a classic overprotective sibling trope, where usually it's the overprotective brother acting all tough to the sister's boyfriend or potential boyfriend. Other than that, I got nothing but guess what! It's still far from some random ship! So what are these two characters up to now? Well there's actually a lot of side-story potential for Bill, the admin for the entire PC system for Kanto and Johto that he's made cameos in recent story arcs, often contacting other PC admins. As for Daisy, it may surprise you but there is also some fairly decent side-story potential for Daisy too! Currently she is a doctor and if you remember, she used to be best friends with Courtney, a former Team Magma Admin who loved to participate in Pokemon Contests! Again, this falls in line of the writer's mindset and if you understand this, you may have realized that the Bill and Daisy ship is actually not so different from some other low-key but popular ships like Agencyshipping (Black and White).

[​IMG]

Other than that, what name do you think would be fitting for this hypothetical canonized couple?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

I'm betting this will be redirected in to the designated shipping area of the site.

GoldenFlowerShipping(GoldenrodXDaisy).

3. Maxim

Maxim Retired Pokefan

• Mini-Modding
    I'm sorry to minimod but please... let's not do it.

It's better to keep shippings inside their dedicated section, as it's a strictly community-tied thing, and not everyone is interested in such opinionated content in a section about official mangas.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  4. shoz999

I respect your opinion but I really do feel that a hypothetically canon romance that has no name deserves to be in the Pokemon Adventures section full of fans who know the manga best rather than the shipping section which unfortunately, this is my opinion and no one else, seems to be unreliable as of now.

5. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This isn't true at all.

Any Shipping-related discussion should be kept in its properly associated section.

Do not do this again.

6. shoz999

That's kind of the point actually but if that is what you wish, I will no longer do anything like this again.

7. xEryChan

xEryChan Queen of Fashion Staff Member Moderator

Umm, we do have the What’s This Ship thread, that a lot of people use to name a ship. If you want to have Bill x Daisy named, bring it there instead of creating a new thread just have a ship named.

That bring said, I am going to close this now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.