Sure, sure. Go for it.
The Pokemon Adventures manga! The action-packed, romance-teasing, tear-jerking, humor-filled, mind-boggling, mature but light-hearted adventures across the magic world of Pokemon where the plot-twisting mysteries are unfolded and the Pokemon battles are won through the power of teamwork and smart tactics! So with the recent news that Ash's journey could finally end, I've noticed a lot more Adventure fans speaking out their optimism of a possible Adventures anime adaptation happening but as a lot of people pointed out, this is probably just Ash getting a reboot but let's make a discussion of it anyway!
First off, remember were not here to discuss that a Pokemon Adventures anime adaptation can't happen, were here to discuss what a Pokemon Adventures anime adaptation could be, how it could affect the series, the fans including Serebii.net itself. To get started, here's a summary of some points to get you guys thinking about this discussion.
- Creative Differences, manga-to-anime adaptations are usually not a 1-to-1 adaptation.
- Refinement and expansion of the manga's story. For example, there are a number of shorter and usually unimportant Pokemon battles that are short or happen off-screen for the flow of the story.
- Potential Filler.
- What are some scenes that you think would look amazing thanks to animation and music alone.
- For music, think mostly GameFreak's selection of music.
- For animation, also consider facial expressions. Pokemon Adventures has an array of different facial expressions.
- An authentic adaptation of a past generation vs. an adaptation that includes more material from future generations. For example, a Gen 1 Pikachu that learns Grass Knot or Focus Blast to deal with ground-types would destroy the authenticity of a Gen 1 adaptation but it could improve certain battles like Red's Pikachu vs. Brock's Onix that is the result of Gen 1's experimental battle system at the time.
- Pokemon Adventures approach as a Shonen Pokemon anime whose audience is ages 11 and up. Think E10 or PG.
- The Pokemon Company's involvement.
- Everyone is here! Including Porygon, how will the anime's Porygon controversy affect several Pokemon Adventure scenes featuring Porygon?
- How can a good adaptation affect the audience of the original Ash & Co. anime? Will it have no effect? Will it attract their audience away?
- An anime adaptation, good or bad, will improve the popularity of the Pokemon Adventures brand.
- How would an anime adaptation affect the fanbase, including fans here on the Serebii forums?
- Animation Budget.
- Anime studio/crew to be in charge of such a project? Director? Writer? Animators?
- A full-length series, OVA, animated web shorts, what kind of anime formats would you like to see?
- Potential voice actors is a fun one! I think most of us can agree that English VA Todd Haberkon, the voice actor for Soul Eater's Death the Kid, would be perfect as Ruby.