• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures as an anime - How would it work? (Spoilers)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
As strange as this may seem, I can actually see the Pokemon company be alright with the only Pokemon death scene in Pokemon Adventure's 20 years. The part where Giovanni shows his true colors by freezing and killing the relentless Magmars for one simple reason. It isn't graphic and detailed like the Arbok slash scene, it's a "cleaner" death scene if that makes sense and they don't even have to fully show Magmars body collapsing into numerous pieces on-screen for a quick second, they just show the frozen pieces as blocks of ices containing shaded pieces of Magmar or we see the pieces of ice but not the dead Magmars off-screen or the easiest way, have the entire frozen Magmar obliterated altogether into tiny particles like how most kid-centric action animes handle death scenes. Although they could always go the simple route where Giovanni just freezes the Magmars and leave them there.
Well, nobody had a problem with THAT Kyurem scene from Gates to Infinity, so I could see them keeping this one too

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I have yet to see that movie but for me, the reason why I brought the topic of the authenticity of old vs. new was because of my viewing of Pokemon Origins which felt more like a Gen 3 adaptation of Kanto then it did Gen 1 outside of Mega Evolution, focusing on the FireRed and LeafGreen take on Kanto which introduced so much new changes and previous content from Ruby & Sapphire. A YouTuber I watched pointed out something interesting how Mato's artstyle of places like Saffron City captures the boxy industrialized cities of late 90s Japan that many Pokemon fans experienced in Gen 1 as opposed to how the FRLG and LGPE games turned places like Saffron City into a bright colorful golden-bricked city. As for violence, I don't think it has to be toned down but I do believe your right about stuff like Arbok being slice to half. That's definitely has to be censored regardless if it's a shonen.

As for a crossover between Ash and Red, I think that would make an awesome OVA special but I assume you want something more canonical. How would that work out? I assume you want to see a battle between the two, specifically Red before he becomes Pokemon Champion to even things out.

Anime has always been pushing the limits of visual appeal, and simply staying within the context of 90s art style is simply not going to work unless you can make "the boxy industrialized cities of late 90s Japan" look visually pleasing and interesting. It can be done thanks to advent of 3D backgrounds, which is why XY and Sun & Moon felt more vibrant and diverse as the movies than its predecessors ever did.

In terms of violence, I mean whenever it's necessary. Regular violence in Adventures can be adapted in an anime format no problem (the original anime can get really violent at times). The reason I brought Arbok up is the fact that I read that Koga's Arbok survived. And they justify it by saying that Arbok can regenerate. I suspect it was a retcon to make Blue less like a murderer, and if Arbok can survive despite that obvious fatal wound, why not just cut it out all together and just have Arbok faint. Sure, there would be a lot of fans who would scream heresy but then again, they're the same fans who don't realize that Arbok survived and would likely accuse the Adventures anime of walking back on a death.

Oh, and when I say crossover, I don't mean something like Ash happens to exists in Adventures and just meet Red in Kanto. No, no, no. Ash is Red of his universe. I prefer a little interdimensional crossover between the two worlds. And it can work when you have a few time skips for Red. And let's be honest, Ash can hold his ground post-Orange League and most certainly during the Kalos League.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Well, nobody had a problem with THAT Kyurem scene from Gates to Infinity, so I could see them keeping this one too
Oh! Kyurem is here! I wonder what he's up t... OH MY GOD! WHY IS THIS GAME RATED E!? Funny thing is this could probably be applied to most of Kyurem's appearances.

Anime has always been pushing the limits of visual appeal, and simply staying within the context of 90s art style is simply not going to work unless you can make "the boxy industrialized cities of late 90s Japan" look visually pleasing and interesting. It can be done thanks to advent of 3D backgrounds, which is why XY and Sun & Moon felt more vibrant and diverse as the movies than its predecessors ever did.

In terms of violence, I mean whenever it's necessary. Regular violence in Adventures can be adapted in an anime format no problem (the original anime can get really violent at times). The reason I brought Arbok up is the fact that I read that Koga's Arbok survived. And they justify it by saying that Arbok can regenerate. I suspect it was a retcon to make Blue less like a murderer, and if Arbok can survive despite that obvious fatal wound, why not just cut it out all together and just have Arbok faint. Sure, there would be a lot of fans who would scream heresy but then again, they're the same fans who don't realize that Arbok survived and would likely accuse the Adventures anime of walking back on a death.

Oh, and when I say crossover, I don't mean something like Ash happens to exists in Adventures and just meet Red in Kanto. No, no, no. Ash is Red of his universe. I prefer a little interdimensional crossover between the two worlds. And it can work when you have a few time skips for Red. And let's be honest, Ash can hold his ground post-Orange League and most certainly during the Kalos League.
With the most recent games and other adaptations, it is hard to imagine Pokemon going back to such an old style but like you said, I bet it could look visually pleasing with 3D work thrown in there and some old fashion lighting with different color-tones. Although I hope if such an anime adaptation does happen, they tend to work with the setting Mato's art captured for just this one story arc. After the RGB chapter, we do see more vibrant colored locations such as the Yellow arc focusing more on natural locales over urban ones and the GSC chapter having a bigger emphasis on the different cultures of each town that's visit. Then there's the RS chapter featuring Yamamoto's artwork for the first time where you can tell from the chapter's beautiful-drawn artwork that Yamamoto is trying to prove to the fans that Pokemon Adventures art is in good hands. Honestly what I speak of is for only one chapter.

As for violence, I suppose it depends on what you think is unnecessary. Honestly I think most Adventure fans wouldn't really care much for that scene if it went away. I guess they'd wonder if the Pokemon Company would allow it or not but I think they would ultimately not care as long as the finished product turns out to be really good. As you said, there's not really much relevance in the scene but something like Giovanni freezing the Magmars to death, I do think is important to give the audience a little look of how cruel Giovanni is as a character, making him stand out from all the other previous characters that Red has ever met, the audience get the sense that this man is not playing around, that when he says your going to be in a world of pain like the games, he means it.

As for the crossover, a few timeskips? Your talking about Red during his champion days right? I don't know about Ash fighting any iteration of Red that's become Pokemon Champion. I'd imagine if such an episode did happen, most of Ash's Pokemon would be beaten by the first or second Pokemon Red has, similar to Tobias or Diantha. The last Pokemon Red uses lands the victory blow but it also takes a lot of damage from Ash's Pokemon in the end. I'd also imagine that a Pikachu vs. Pikachu fight would be thrown in there. This is basing on the Pokemon Company's possibly mindset, probably wants to show an Ash that does pack a punch to a Pokemon Champion but not enough to break the possible immersion of how OP a Pokemon Champion can be. I'd imagine by your words, you probably can see a 6v6 fight happening.

Also there is another english voice actor that I think could do Yellow's voice besides Laura Bailey, the english VA for Maka Albarn of Soul Eater. What do you guys think about Veronica Taylor, the first English VA of Ash Ketchum and May, voicing Yellow? Honestly, now that I think about it, this might actually be worth talking about on a thread of it's own. Now the reason I said this is there isn't a lot of VAs that come to mind, at least for me, that can sound like a 9-year old girl, 11-year old girl and an 11-year old boy.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
As for the crossover, a few timeskips? Your talking about Red during his champion days right? I don't know about Ash fighting any iteration of Red that's become Pokemon Champion. I'd imagine if such an episode did happen, most of Ash's Pokemon would be beaten by the first or second Pokemon Red has, similar to Tobias or Diantha. The last Pokemon Red uses lands the victory blow but it also takes a lot of damage from Ash's Pokemon in the end. I'd also imagine that a Pikachu vs. Pikachu fight would be thrown in there. This is basing on the Pokemon Company's possibly mindset, probably wants to show an Ash that does pack a punch to a Pokemon Champion but not enough to break the possible immersion of how OP a Pokemon Champion can be. I'd imagine by your words, you probably can see a 6v6 fight happening.

Anyone is beatable, so long as the writer deems it so. As the late Stan Lee puts it:

And there's one answer to all of that. It's so simple, anyone should know this. The person who'd win in a fight is the person that the scriptwriter wants to win!

And from my experience, the strength of anime Champions do not necessarily mean the same thing for other iterations like Adventures or even the games. Alola Elite Four Acerola and Kahili never made it past the Top 16. And newly minted tournament winner does not make one the strongest there is. Have we forgotten that Drake from the Orange League was portrayed as an undefeated Champion who actually got bored because he wins so easily? How I envision Red's strength to be after winning one Indigo League is somewhere along the lines of Tyson or Alain. A highly strong trainer but never the invincibility shown by Cynthia.

If I had to guess how the Pokémon Company wanted the battle between Ash and Red would go, it would be evenly matched and no determined winner to highlight the fact that the two are AU counterparts to each other. And then, something would get their attention and then they team up together to fight a great threat.

Also there is another english voice actor that I think could do Yellow's voice besides Laura Bailey, the english VA for Maka Albarn of Soul Eater. What do you guys think about Veronica Taylor, the first English VA of Ash Ketchum and May, voicing Yellow? Honestly, now that I think about it, this might actually be worth talking about on a thread of it's own. Now the reason I said this is there isn't a lot of VAs that come to mind, at least for me, that can sound like a 9-year old girl, 11-year old girl and an 11-year old boy.

Maybe Veronica Taylor could return as Yellow. Personally, I'm more in-tune with Japanese voice actors due to watching the original raw (or subbed) versions these days. As well as the fact I found Rica Matsumoto to be virtually the definitive voice of Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) to the point I hear her even when reading English lines as well as spending overnight in line to get an autograph ticket needed to get her autograph at the Anime Expo this year. If you want a Japanese VA for Yellow, then my pick would be Ikue Ōtani for obvious reasons.

aZ3g5PX_700b.jpg
latest

shoz999

I just thought of another unique feature that Pokemon Adventures could have that the original anime would have a very hard time doing. Story-focused openings. So in the Pokemon anime, it's often an opening that focuses on themes around dreams, battle, Pokemon, exploration and sometimes you get an opening surrounding a villain or the Pokemon League. Now imagine a Pokemon Adventures anime having story-focused openings like JoJo's Bizarre Adventures lol all the time. What do I mean like JoJo's Bizarre Adventures? So for those who don't watch the anime, all of their openings give a short glimpse of what the story is about part by part and quite often there is an opening at the very end of each story arc that appears to be exactly the same as the previous opening but later reveals there's a plot-twist, revealing the villain or his power at the end of this opening. For example, an story opening for Pokemon Adventures.

So for a potential story opening of RGB's Vol. 3, we see themes of exploration, adventure, battles, the Pokemon League, defeating Team Rocket alongside Blue & Green and at the very end we see Red's full Pokemon team about to attack with full determination and the opening ends there, showing a battle-ready Pokemon team. In the next opening, we see the exact same battle opening before BUT we actually see what Red's full Pokemon team is about to attack and it's Giovanni's Pokemon team who overpowers Red's Pokemon team. The opening ends with a battle-weary but determined Red and a tired but determined team of Pokemon. That's a plot-twist opening, you think it's the same opening as before but it gives you more, piecing together a larger story.

Another example is RS. A potential stylish opening for RS is that we also see themes about exploration, adventure, myths and legends, the past coming back, battles and contests with more emphasis on the colorful tropical world of Hoenn. Near the end of such an opening we see Ruby & Sapphire battling Maxie who has the red orb and Archie who has the blue orb, both of whom look a bit maniacal. The two duke it out and the opening ends there. The second opening features the exact same scene but it reveals a plot-twist about Maxie & Archie, so SPOILERS here but we see Maxie & Archie easily defeating Ruby & Sapphire's Pokemon much to their shock and we see a shadow of Groudon & Kyogre behind Maxie & Archie. The "glass" breaks, again stylish opening, and in place of Maxie & Archie are Groudon & Kyogre, the true villains that have controlled the admins.

I'd imagine each Pokemon Adventures opening would have a larger focus on story but wouldn't it be awesome for the last opening of each story arc to have some kind of plot-twist that reflects the plot-twist of the story?

Emelie

Bookworm
Ever since the movie 20 trailer released I have wanted to see a similar scene but with a certain character from Pokémon Special. It was probably my favorite moment from the manga because of the great character development.

I'm picturing a similar scene to the early version (that didn't make it into the final movie) when Satoshi and Pikachu react in slow motion. But instead of awe and childish curiosity she would have more of a determined expression showcasing her maturity and growth. It would be an interesting contrast to Satoshi, showing how not all kids in the world have it easy and sometimes have to grow up quickly.

shoz999

Ever since the movie 20 trailer released I have wanted to see a similar scene but with a certain character from Pokémon Special. It was probably my favorite moment from the manga because of the great character development.

I'm picturing a similar scene to the early version (that didn't make it into the final movie) when Satoshi and Pikachu react in slow motion. But instead of awe and childish curiosity she would have more of a determined expression showcasing her maturity and growth. It would be an interesting contrast to Satoshi, showing how not all kids in the world have it easy and sometimes have to grow up quickly.
Your talking about the Ho-Oh scene right from the teaser trailer? Also who do you mean by "she"? Are you talking about the iconic scene featuring Blue, the female protagonist, in the GSC story arc? Specifically, and some minor late GSC story spoilers, the scene featuring Blue and Ho-Oh near the end of the GSC story arc?

Last edited:

Emelie

Bookworm
Your talking about the Ho-Oh scene right from the teaser trailer? Also who do you mean by "she"? Are you talking about the iconic scene featuring Blue, the female protagonist, in the GSC story arc? Specifically, and some minor late GSC story spoilers, where Blue bravely stands up to Ho-Oh near the end of the GSC story arc?

Well, you said no spoilers so I tried to be as vague as possible. :p

Yeah, I'm talking about Blue. I would like to see the scene when Ho-Oh flies past her animated with really good animation! Like movie level quality.

I thought it would be interesting to make a comparison to Satoshi since Ho-Oh symbolized growth and a new beginning to him as well even if Blue is of course a more serious and well written character.

Last edited:

shoz999

Well, you said no spoilers so I tried to be as vague as possible. :p

Yeah, I'm talking about Blue. I would like to see the scene when Ho-Oh flies past her animated with really good animation! Like movie level quality.
I was thinking more of major shocking plot-twisting spoilers like the Masked Man's identity but things that seem natural or minor spoilers are okay as long as you mention it's spoilers ahead of times. Honestly it's really up to you, depends on perspective in the end but I would insist you remember to keep anything really major as spoilers.

As for that scene, yeah that would be a really powerful scene but it's also honestly a very beautiful scene. I've seen that image of Blue (Fem Protag) and Ho-Oh in color by different people several times and it just looks stunningly beautiful whenever I see the rainbow-colored bird flying closely above the green plains where Blue stands. That would be an amazing scene to see animated.

But you know what would also be fun to see animated? Near the end of the GSC chapter, there's a larger focus on aerial Pokemon battles and these are some of the biggest aerial Pokemon battles you will ever see in the Pokemon series. It would be so fun to see that concept expanded further in animation which is why another Pokemon battle that would be fun to see would be the destined battle between Black & N, Reshiram vs. Zekrom which itself is an aerial battle of fire and lightning. Wouldn't that be so jaw-dropping to see such aerial battles animated majestically? Although that would probably be a bit hard to capture with all the constant mobility in there.

EDIT: On second thought, do you think the Ho-Oh subject needs to be under a spoiler label? I don't really consider it that big of a spoiler because it's expected, it's natural character development but I do understand that this is nevertheless some major character development.

EDIT: Decided to edit my previous post on the Blue & Ho-Oh scene. I left out just how she behaved to the Ho-Oh because I did feel that was the biggest reason why it may be considered a big spoiler.

Last edited:

Emelie

Bookworm
I was thinking more of major shocking plot-twisting spoilers like the Masked Man's identity but things that seem natural or minor spoilers are okay as long as you mention it's spoilers ahead of times. Honestly it's really up to you, depends on perspective in the end but I would insist you remember to keep anything really major as spoilers.

As for that scene, yeah that would be a really powerful scene but it's also honestly a very beautiful scene. I've seen that image of Blue (Fem Protag) standing up to Ho-Oh in color by different people several times and it just looks stunningly beautiful whenever I see the rainbow-colored bird flying closely above the green plains as Blue just stands there with brave confidence. That would be an amazing scene to see animated.

But you know what would also be fun to see animated? Near the end of the GSC chapter, there's a larger focus on aerial Pokemon battles and these are some of the biggest aerial Pokemon battles you will ever see in the Pokemon series. It would be so fun to see that concept expanded further in animation which is why another Pokemon battle that would be fun to see would be the destined battle between Black & N, Reshiram vs. Zekrom which itself is an aerial battle of fire and lightning. Wouldn't that be so jaw-dropping to see such aerial battles animated majestically? Although that would probably be a bit hard to capture with all the constant mobility in there.

EDIT: On second thought, do you think the Ho-Oh subject needs to be under a spoiler label? I don't really consider it that big of a spoiler because it's expected, it's natural character development but I do understand that this is nevertheless some major character development.

The manga is kind of old so most people who want to see the manga animated have probably read it already. But mabye there are some younger fans who haven't read the older chapters yet?

It would be cool to see the battle with N animated since they completely skipped it in the regular Pokémon anime. But I have always felt that N (manga) had the weakest bond with Black compared to all the other adaptions of him.

(Spoilers)

I think he honestly had more interesting interactions with White but that didn't lead anywhere. The plot with Tepig could have been really cool if it had stayed with him and been apart of the final battle. Imagine if it evolved into an Emboar and White was the one who had to awaken Reshiram instead. She would also know about N's backstory which Black never found out about (I think?) so their interactions would probably have been more emotional.

Flashy battles are cool but I don't think it should be the sole focus of a potential anime adaption. Especially since it would probably be short since Origins and Generations were only a few episodes long.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lunalah said:
Keep the story the same as it was in the manga except maybe add some expanded scenes that show more of the villain's motivations like maybe give Lance a much longer flashback.

I'd love to see more of Wataru's backstory as well, and I'd also like to see more foreshadowing of future events like perhaps an actual glimpse of Darkrai at the end of the LeafGreen and FireRed chapter and a better design for Lugia during the climax of the Yellow chapter too since the beta design that was used for Lugia in the manga looked horrid.

shoz999

The manga is kind of old so most people who want to see the manga animated have probably read it already. But mabye there are some younger fans who haven't read the older chapters yet?

It would be cool to see the battle with N animated since they completely skipped it in the regular Pokémon anime. But I have always felt that N (manga) had the weakest bond with Black compared to all the other adaptions of him.

(Spoilers)

I think he honestly had more interesting interactions with White but that didn't lead anywhere. The plot with Tepig could have been really cool if it had stayed with him and been apart of the final battle. Imagine if it evolved into an Emboar and White was the one who had to awaken Reshiram instead. She would also know about N's backstory which Black never found out about (I think?) so their interactions would probably have been more emotional.

Flashy battles are cool but I don't think it should be the sole focus of a potential anime adaption. Especially since it would probably be short since Origins and Generations were only a few episodes long.
I liked Black's relationship with N, where he doesn't trust him but he does acknowledge that he's only doing stuff that he believes is right. I think White's relationship with N is leading up somewhere in BW2 however I do acknowledge that an anime adaptation would be a perfect opportunity to further expand such relationships, to further refine it to a more satisfying development. As for flashy battles, I do agree with you but ultimately I like Pokemon Adventures battles far more simply because they are far smarter than the anime's, not always relying on the OP dodging mechanic.

Speaking of smart battles, what do you think about the Emerald arc being adapted into an anime which focuses on the Battle Frontier. Now to the fans that exclusively watch the anime who have stumbled upon here by curiosity, the Battle Frontier-focused arc in Pokemon Adventures is nothing like the one in the anime where they reduced them to a bunch of Gym Leaders. The Adventures adaptation actually incorporates much of the tournament/dungeon elements of the Frontier Facilities from the games and thus it does feel in many ways like a giant Tournament Arc. With that being said however, a lot of those battles against a different array of trainer classes are nevertheless cut short for the more important battles but considering the Ash & Co. anime loves filler, I Just have a strange feeling the Emerald arc would be perfect for battle-focus filler, specifically expanding those minor short battles against a diverse range of trainer classes. Could you see yourself enjoy battle-heavy filler before getting to the meat of the plot or do you think that would just be annoyingly boring?

I'd love to see more of Wataru's backstory as well, and I'd also like to see more foreshadowing of future events like perhaps an actual glimpse of Darkrai at the end of the LeafGreen and FireRed chapter and a better design for Lugia during the climax of the Yellow chapter too since the beta design that was used for Lugia in the manga looked horrid.
I like Lugia's spirit form, it gave a sense of mystery at the time when Gen 2 I believe just came out. I think it can still work today since Lugia is a more popular Pokemon if it works more as a teaser of what's to come. Think of it like the MCU little teases at the end credits where it shows a new character and some fans who know the lore and read the comics, know who this guy is, some people who vividly remember the lore, suspect who this guy is while those who never touched the lore and comics are very curious who this figure is. Play around with the fan's expectations basically. Same for Darkrai, you said a glimpse but what if instead we only saw his moving shadow and a glimpse of his hand from that shadow?

Emelie

Bookworm
I liked Black's relationship with N, where he doesn't trust him but he does acknowledge that he's only doing stuff that he believes is right. I think White's relationship with N is leading up somewhere in BW2 however I do acknowledge that an anime adaptation would be a perfect opportunity to further expand such relationships, to further refine it to a more satisfying development. As for flashy battles, I do agree with you but ultimately I like Pokemon Adventures battles far more simply because they are far smarter than the anime's, not always relying on the OP dodging mechanic.

Speaking of smart battles, what do you think about the Emerald arc being adapted into an anime which focuses on the Battle Frontier. Now to the fans that exclusively watch the anime who have stumbled upon here by curiosity, the Battle Frontier-focused arc in Pokemon Adventures is nothing like the one in the anime where they reduced them to a bunch of Gym Leaders. The Adventures adaptation actually incorporates much of the tournament/dungeon elements of the Frontier Facilities from the games and thus it does feel in many ways like a giant Tournament Arc. With that being said however, a lot of those battles against a different array of trainer classes are nevertheless cut short for the more important battles but considering the Ash & Co. anime loves filler, I Just have a strange feeling the Emerald arc would be perfect for battle-focus filler, specifically expanding those minor short battles against a diverse range of trainer classes. Could you see yourself enjoy battle-heavy filler before getting to the meat of the plot or do you think that would just be annoyingly boring?

I like Lugia's spirit form, it gave a sense of mystery at the time when Gen 2 I believe just came out. I think it can still work today since Lugia is a more popular Pokemon if it works more as a teaser of what's to come. Think of it like the MCU little teases at the end credits where it shows a new character and some fans who know the lore and read the comics, know who this guy is, some people who vividly remember the lore, suspect who this guy is while those who never touched the lore and comics are very curious who this figure is. Play around with the fan's expectations basically. Same for Darkrai, you said a glimpse but what if instead we only saw his moving shadow and a glimpse of his hand from that shadow?

I have to admit that I skipped most of Emerald's chapters. I didn't like him all that much as a character either. I remember how unpopular he was back in the day, almost everybody hated him. :p

He gets a little better after his backstory is revealed but I would personally have preferred Wally. Why does Wally get so little screentime in all adaptions? And he still gets to do more plot important stuff in the Pokémon Special manga than in any other adaption.

shoz999

I have to admit that I skipped most of Emerald's chapters. I didn't like him all that much as a character either. I remember how unpopular he was back in the day, almost everybody hated him. :p

He gets a little better after his backstory is revealed but I would personally have preferred Wally. Why does Wally get so little screentime in all adaptions? And he still gets to do more plot important stuff in the Pokémon Special manga than in any other adaption.
There are two major reasons I recall why most people didn't like Emerald at first, where Emerald had to earn the fans trust and even now some people feel dislike to the character because of mainly the first reason, they wanted Wally to be the main character of the Emerald Arc. This could be wrong so feel free to correct me but I believe Kusaka, the writer of Pokemon Adventures, did say he originally planned Wally to be the main character of Emerald arc, to battle the Frontier Brains and to be honest it kind of looks like that way because his fully planned six Pokemon team is diverse in design and battle style even though they all have the green color and the other is that we see Wally's cousin Wanda appear having some good character development which did had some fans a little suspicious. The second reason I believe is the design, whose gadget shonen-hero design is a stark contrast from the manga-exclusive character Yellow who more closely captures Satoshi Tajiri's vision of children exploring the outdoors. Now they changed that to something more Pokemon-esque in ORAS but even I had a hard time liking that original design.

Anyways, now that you brought that up, I do think an anime adaptation could give fans more Wally screen-time, specifically show what he's been doing during his Pokemon journey. I do think the Adventures manga has done Wally's character justice but it also left fans just wanting more Wally lol. On the animation side of things, Wally would be pretty awesome. Even though he's only appeared a few major times throughout the series, he has a diverse range of facial expressions worth animating. Some spoilers ahead, there's also the moment that he gets into action at the Sky Pillar. A lot of people sometimes forget this but the Sky Pillar in the original Gen 3 games was a dungeon and seeing not only Wally's fast movements animated but also the Sky Pillar's puzzles itself being animated would be just awesome to see. I also would love to see how the cloudy dense mist at the very top of Sky Pillar could be animated. I think most of all why I would love to see that animated is that it feels kind of like a race against time, Wally and his Pokemon is always on the move because Sky Pillar's puzzles won't allow him to take a break.

Last edited:

Lunalah

I'm sorry if this is straying a bit off topic but since we're discussing Pokemon Adventures, could someone tell me what ever happened to Sird? Last I heard she disappeared during the climax of the Diamond and Pearl portion of the manga and I have to wonder if an animated version of the manga would show her again after that part of the story.

shoz999

I'm sorry if this is straying a bit off topic but since we're discussing Pokemon Adventures, could someone tell me what ever happened to Sird? Last I heard she disappeared during the Diamond and Pearl portion of the series and I have to wonder if an animated version of the manga would show her again.
So that's actually the thing about her. No one knows what happened to Sird because as you said, the last time we saw her was from the DP arc, in fact that's actually one of the big mysteries of Pokemon Adventures. Who is Sird and what her plan is? A lot of fans figured that the writer is saving her for some future story arc, hopefully Diamond & Pearl remakes. Although I am curious how fans who never read the manga would react to the ending of FRLG because oh man that got a lot of Pokemon fans legitimately worried for months and uh... don't spoil it if you guys know what I'm talking about. That's like major shocking spoilers.

Some scenes, mainly from the earlier chapters would have to be censored I guess but there's one thing I need them to change - tone down Diamond and Pearl's gag to make it bearable.

shoz999

So there is another topic of discussion I don't think we've really touched on but what about music? When I read the final Pokemon battle between Red and his rival Green at the end of the RGB arc and it's amazing, seeing the two stand on that stage as not only worthy rivals but as good friends, seeing them sending out their first Pokemon, keeping the background audience in slow suspense of what each of their first Pokemon sent out could be, and suddenly the slow suspense speeds up into action as it's revealed to be Red's Venusaur and Green's Charizard, amazing and surprising the audience. I read this scene with the FRLG Champion theme and this would fit perfectly into the battle. Actually in some ways, it's kind of like Pokemon Origins only with an audience in the background. What do you think of it though, I think it'd be pretty amazing

On another note, there is a composer that I have in mind that I'm quite curious to see what kind of music he could compose for a potential Pokemon Adventures anime adaptation. The composer in mind is none other than Richard Jacques. Now some of you may never have heard of this guy but he's well-known among the Sonic fanbase for composing a lot of Sonic music for more obscure titles, one of the most well-known being Sonic R which features songs like "Can you feel the Sunshine?" which just has a very strong 90s feel that I can see flow well with an anime that's adapting from a Pokemon manga from the 90s. I think he would do an awesome job of composing music for a potential Pokemon Adventures anime adaptation.

Anyways, any composers and singers you guys have in mind?

Last edited:

Ning

I think violence wise the only thing they really need to stay away from is dying during a Pokémon battle. The dog fighting issue is the big one. Outside of that, I think they’re ok with humans dying or even Pokémon outside of normal battles. (Evil teams killing them is probably ok.)

shoz999

I think violence wise the only thing they really need to stay away from is dying during a Pokémon battle. The dog fighting issue is the big one. Outside of that, I think they’re ok with humans dying or even Pokémon outside of normal battles. (Evil teams killing them is probably ok.)
What do you mean by dog fighting?