• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon [Adventures] Black and White Vol. 8

Rex Kamex

I didn't buy it yet (I plan to soon enough so don't worry about that) but there were some copies when I looked at a bookstore. I briefly looked through it.

There were four chapters, the first being "Gigi's Choice."

Yeah.

Oh, also there wasn't a release date for Number Nine. It basically said at the end of the book, "To be continuted in the Black and White (forgot if it said Adventures) graphic novels, coming soon." No big deal................................

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
Just got it. Chapter titles are:
Adventure 25: Gigi's Choice
Adventure 26: Unraveling Mysteries
Adventure 27: A New Perspective
Adventure 28: Growing Pains

Pokémon on the back is Pignite.

The end of the volume does in fact state: "To be continued in the Pokémon Adventures Black and White graphic novel series - coming soon!"
I find it interesting that they say "Adventures." This is technically not the official name of the series, so one must wonder if they are going back to actual, full-size volumes come the time in the near future when the actual volumes for this chapter are released in Japan.

I haven't read it yet, so I can't speak for any edits, or anything in terms of actual content. EDIT: Oh wait! The sound effect onomatopoeia on the upper right panel on the last page reads "FAP." ...So that's interesting.

Last edited:

matt0044

oh wait! The sound effect onomatopoeia on the upper right panel on the last page reads "fap." ...so that's interesting.

innuendo ftw!

Maxim

Beyond repair
The end of the volume does in fact state: "To be continued in the Pokémon Adventures Black and White graphic novel series - coming soon!"

Could this mean... that it's the last mini-volume?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Yeah, It seems like it is. Though I guess that they decided to do that cause that they are currently up to the HGSS series in the original Japan version of the series. I mean this since that HGSS series could possible last only about another book or two and then the Japan version would be getting the first regular volume of the BW arc come somewhere around Volume 43 or 44. Besides, I got a good feeling that this might mean that VIZ will get the started on the third gen arcs put out sometime early next year since that the 7th volume (36th) of the DP arc has been said to be coming out in February.

But hey, At least this means that the regular sized volumes of the BW arc are coming really soon.

matt0044

I think I'll buy this book and hold off on the regular volumes until they reached the new content.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If HGSS really is as short as everyone says I'll be so disappointed. HGSS could have been like the best arc if done right, but oh well. And if this is the last of the mini volumes and they start releasing the actual BW graphic novels then okay. Viz is halfway finished with DP and I'm just going to assume they'll add Platinum's chapters to it as well. It's short enough to just be one arc. I still wonder where this leaves gen 3 chapters since there hasn't been any word on them yet...has there?

matt0044

matt0044

MistyMayDawn

Pokémon Coordinator
You think they'd get them out before Volume 38? That would be Viz volume 9 of DPPt right?

Idk........ The spoiler will be spoiled by then but I really hope they'll be released soon.

@matt0044

Me too....... Im tired of waiting >_<

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I dunno. I just hope we get them period.

Agreed. The space between Volume 14 and DPPt 1 must be filled! And as a collector, I personally want to add them to my collection, *insert generic evil collector laugh*

Orbis

What?
I haven't read it yet, so I can't speak for any edits, or anything in terms of actual content. EDIT: Oh wait! The sound effect onomatopoeia on the upper right panel on the last page reads "FAP." ...So that's interesting.

"FAP" was used in volume 8. Gold and Silver were stopping the balls from rolling...

>_<

matt0044

"FAP" was used in volume 8. Gold and Silver were stopping the balls from rolling...

>_<

Was it always use in association with... you know?