• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon (Adventures) BW volume 4 (Viz Media)

So, found a copy of volume 4 at the local bookstore today. Forgot the chapter titles, but the three chapters included featured:

-Black and White meet Professor Fennel
-Black and White arrive in Nacrene City
-Black vs. Lenora

Enjoyable, but I have to say, between the first and second chapters, it felt oddly disjointed. I'll chalk it up to being taken from the different magazines.

No translation problems as far as I could tell, but one thing does confuse me. On tvtropes there was a minor edit war over whether or not White was the president of the BW Agency or if she was a mere employee. Viz always went with "representative" and had Black call her "boss", where as the local scanlator had her called "Prez". When White introduces herself to the mayor of Nimbasa, she says she's the president.

Gah.

SmartD

Interesting. What are the BW chapters as of this month? I've lost track.

matt0044

I've yet to get these but I soon will.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
-Black and White meet Professor Fennel
-Black and White arrive in Nacrene City
-Black vs. Lenora

These titles are so confusing, I can't figure out what happens in them....

matt0044

These titles are so confusing, I can't figure out what happens in them....

I believe TVT is explaining what happens in those chapters and not the titles.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Was Lenora without her apron in Japanese too?

Also, I notice they call her husband "Mr. Hawes". Isn't he just "Hawes" in the game?

ReiZerou

Was Lenora without her apron in Japanese too?
She had it in the start but then she took it off. What, did they edit it out? I always wondered what the thing with the apron was. Lenora's artwork was edited and the apron was removed in the anime too, so they might have gone to match that.

No, Lenora took off her apron just as she was fighting Black. It wasn't edited out.

EDIT: Oh wait, yes it was. The few shots of her in her apron were indeed edited. Well, guess Viz was glad she took it off to fight, but it makes it seem all the more pointless...

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
I just ordered it on Amazon.

Should be here soon.

lolipiece

Staff member
No, Lenora took off her apron just as she was fighting Black. It wasn't edited out.

EDIT: Oh wait, yes it was. The few shots of her in her apron were indeed edited. Well, guess Viz was glad she took it off to fight, but it makes it seem all the more pointless...

[img139]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8533/lenoraedit.png[/img139]

We're just lucky that it's not like the anime...

matt0044

They really wanted the avoid the Mammy stereotype, didn't they? Sorta like with DB(Z)'s Mr. Popo's lips.

SmartD

[img139]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8533/lenoraedit.png[/img139]

We're just lucky that it's not like the anime...

Wow, they removed Lenora's apron in the manga too.