• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Collector's Edition Announced

TotallyNotCrt

D-reiNBU8AI4uBC.jpg

VIZ seems to have announced a new Pokespe compilation called "Pokemon Adventures Collector's Edition" which credits both Mato and Yamamoto as the creators. This could be one of the omnibus releases where it's several volumes slammed into one bigger volume.

Personally, I'd like something similar to the VIZBIG rather than just a straight up 3-in-1 like they've done in the past. The reason being that the VIZBIG uses better paper and I tend to think if you're going to brand it as a collector's edition, you wouldn't use thinner paper.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
D-reiNBU8AI4uBC.jpg

VIZ seems to have announced a new Pokespe compilation called "Pokemon Adventures Collector's Edition" which credits both Mato and Yamamoto as the creators. This could be one of the omnibus releases where it's several volumes slammed into one bigger volume.

Personally, I'd like something similar to the VIZBIG rather than just a straight up 3-in-1 like they've done in the past. The reason being that the VIZBIG uses better paper and I tend to think if you're going to brand it as a collector's edition, you wouldn't use thinner paper.
Where did you get this information? To my knowledge, I believe ViZ has never actually done an omnibus release for Pokemon Adventures? Then this must be really big news if ViZ is doing it for the first time. I do recall they do boxed sets but I don't think they've ever done omnibus releases.

TotallyNotCrt

More updates: It's now confirmed to be an omnibus format

But I assume it's actually taking from pre-existing omnibuses that Shogakukan released in 2017.
Notably these:
tumblr_puctbqL2D51tx9gv9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_puctbqL2D51tx9gv9o2_1280.jpg

Still unsure why Yamamoto is credited unless they plan to do their own versions past RGB.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
There was a RS omnibus a few years back, correct? Maybe they're also doing that?

perroloco

Finally more info about the book, it's gonna be 3-in-1 BUT it's not gonna be like the One Piece, Yugioh, Naruto 3-in-1s, those are cheaper $15 3-in-1s, this price is the same as the line of Viz Big 3 in 1s Viz published back in like 2010 IIRC which are great quality for the price... But my question is what do they mean by collecting all 29 volumes? I'm sorry I just wanted to post the news here lol (I made this account like in 2010 and it's probably my second post or something) have never really read the manga or anything .. Does the original Red/Green saga last 29 volumes? Because I saw a box that had like 7 volumes and claimed to be the complete first saga..

Edit: I can't post the damn link maybe because of my post count.. But here's the news from simonandschuster.com

"All your favorite Pokémon game characters jump out of the screen into the pages of this action-packed manga!

A deluxe omnibus edition of the best-selling Pokémon Adventures manga series, collecting all 29 volumes of the original series into ten premium books.

Red doesn’t just want to train Pokémon, he wants to be their friend too. That makes things even more complicated than usual as he travels through dangerous zones battling gym leaders for badges and discovering secret Pokémon along the way. Now he’s got to team up with his rival Blue and the thief Green to fight a common enemy. Can he stay focused enough to rise to the challenge?

Collects the original Pokémon Adventures volumes 1, 2 and 3!"

Price is 17.99, releaseas march 10 2020

shoz999

Finally more info about the book, it's gonna be 3-in-1 BUT it's not gonna be like the One Piece, Yugioh, Naruto 3-in-1s, those are cheaper $15 3-in-1s, this price is the same as the line of Viz Big 3 in 1s Viz published back in like 2010 IIRC which are great quality for the price... But my question is what do they mean by collecting all 29 volumes? I'm sorry I just wanted to post the news here lol (I made this account like in 2010 and it's probably my second post or something) have never really read the manga or anything .. Does the original Red/Green saga last 29 volumes? Because I saw a box that had like 7 volumes and claimed to be the complete first saga..
Nope. The RGB chapter lasts 3 volumes. I assume your talking about the RGB chapter packaged with the Y chapter which are both Gen 1 arcs, making up 7 volumes.

perroloco

You can also check the listing in amazon, just write "Pokemon Adventures Collector's edition"
@shoz999 So I guess they are just gonna release various arcs, I wonder which arcs they will release if they say it's gonna be "All 29 volumes of the original series"

shoz999

You can also check the listing in amazon, just write "Pokemon Adventures Collector's edition"
@shoz999 So I guess they are just gonna release various arcs, I wonder which arcs they will release if they say it's gonna be "All 29 volumes of the original series"
Sounds like the first three generations of Pokemon Adventures. I guess it kind of is the "original" series since that's the last time we get to see full generations of main characters work together.

GameX

I received it today. It's obviously still censored, not surprised. They have some colored images in the very first pages, these first pages that are glossy but not the rest. In between the volumes, there is little content, feel empty a bit... Could have more for a COLLECTOR edition =) It's OK I guess haha, depends on your view. I like that the Volume 1 has the RGB chapter completely uncut in 1, if Yellow was uncut in one volume I would have bought it too =/

Also, no more bonus sketch, I loved these, you know on the original pressing, the first page of the volume with the characters and the Volume number. Gone too, that's a bummer. They also removed the volume prologues "the story so far".

Photos: amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/customer-reviews/R1HUNNA7KZ5BRQ/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1974709647

Last edited:

Kibamaru

Water PokéTrainer
They really shouldn't have used the term "Collector's Edition". I have always wanted a premium, hardcover collection of this series and this turns out to be such a disappointment. Viz is doing a great job with their Fullmetal Alchemist Fullmetal Edition and I really wanted Pokemon Adventures to receive that treatment.