• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Face-Off 2: Rocket Lieutenants Face-Off

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Korrina's Lucario: 7/9 +
Cynthia's Grandmother's Garchomp: 2/9
It seems this Garchomp just can't handle Korrina's Mega Lucario Adaptability Boosted Swords Dance buffed Meteor Mash/CC

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Korrina's Lucario: 8/9 +
Cynthia's Grandmother's Garchomp: 2/9

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
4Qlz0gA.png

Game set and match! Korrina and Lucario are the winners of the Pokken Tournament Face-Off!

Stay tune for the next face-off sometime this week, perhaps tomorrow or the day after. It'll be a shorter face-off, a break from the long one. It might be an experimental face-off or a traditional one, I haven't decided yet but I'll give you a hint. Perhaps you've seen this from a certain game...

"A place of never-ending smiles! Everyone's ideal place to play! The amusement park! But! A threatening shadow looms over this happy place. The stage is set for trouble! However! It's darkest just before dawn! A heroine has appeared on the scene!"

shoz999

Ninth Pokemon Adventures Face-Off - Pokestar Studios presents... BRYCEN-MAN! starring Brycen as Brycen-Man, Whitley as Foongus Girl & Blake as Dewott Kid!

E0K0uNB.png

A place of never-ending smiles! Everyone's ideal place to play! The amusement park! But! A threatening shadow looms over this happy place. The stage is set for trouble! However! It's darkest just before dawn! A heroine has appeared on the scene!

Face-Off Rules
  • This face-off does have a few story spoilers of Pokemon Adventures BW2.
  • 2-hour cool down. 2-Hour cooldowns will reset once a match is over.
  • This is a short "cinematic" and "RPG-ish" face-off that's a break from the longer ones.
  • It will be a Face-Off between the heroic duo and the villainous duo. Whichever side is left standing wins.
  • The objective is for one of the teams to win. There will be a total of two matches.
  • The first opponent defeated will lead to one of two different battles depending on the hero or villain.
  • Voting is done by voting blindly like "Foongus use Gigadrain" and I shall tally the numbers. For example.
There is a list of commands to use for each character, each with an explanation of what it does. You say "Foongus use Gigadrain" in order to vote and the next person could say "Brycen-Man use Ice Beam" to vote. I will tally the votes. If no one votes due to confusion, I shall vote to display a more accurate example.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPOILERS - The following dialogue exchange here is based on a scene played out in Pokemon Adventures BW2. You may skip this to avoid as much spoilers as possible.

F1mxfP0.png

You've finally shown yourself, Brycen-Man! I am here to protect the peace of this amusement park! I fight today, I'll fight tomorrow! I am Foongus Girl!

150px-Brycen-Man_Adventures.png

A single hit to knock out my Pokemon? You're pretty good Foongus Girl! However you will get down on your knees before me when I end you with my dark secret arts! Prepare to be finished!

F1mxfP0.png

Bring it on Brycen-Man!

Foongus Girl vs. Brycen-Man

Foongus's HP: 15
Giga Drain: +1/-1
Clear Smog: -2 (Negates Calmmind)

Brycen-Man's HP: 15
Ice Beam: -2
Calm Mind: Multiplies Ice Beam's damage twice next time it's used. Grant's +1 damage immunity for the next turn.

Last edited:

blizzardblaze

Brycen Man, use Ice Beam...through your human mouth?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
FOONGUS! USE GIGA DRAIN AGAINST THAT EVIL HUMAN!

shoz999

Foongus use Clear Smog!

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that one of the defeats will lead to one of two slightly different battles, hence cinematic.

blizzardblaze

Brycen, Ice Beam!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
@shoz999 I'm having some trouble understanding the format...could you make a bit clear to me?

shoz999

@shoz999 I'm having some trouble understanding the format...could you make a bit clear to me?
This is a bit of an experimental face-off with some RPG mechanics. The objective is to KO one of the participants. To do that you have to use one of the attacks/moves also known as the "commands" listed underneath the participants, like Giga Drain or Ice Beam. From there you vote by saying "Foongus use Giga Drain" if you want Foongus Girl to win or "Brycen-Man use Ice Beam" if you want Brycen-man to Win. There are also some explanations for some moves that work a little differently, like Calm Mind multiplies Ice Beam's damage twice next turn or Clear Smog negates the Calm Mind move previously.

From time to time then, I will tally up the votes such as right now.

Foongus Girl HP: 12
Brycen-Man HP: 10

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Brycen Man, use Calm Mind!

blizzardblaze

Ice Beam, freeze that little mushroom that definitely does not make an annoying defensive core at times!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Brycen Man, use Ice Beam!

Last edited:

shoz999

Brycen Man, use Calm Mind!
It'd probably be more effective if you use Calm Mind a few seconds or minutes before someone else who also wants Brycen Man to win with Ice Beam and after their cooldown is over. See I'm going to use Clear Smog again and like the games, Clear Smog cancels the stat boost that moves like Calm Mind do. I am also telling you this just incase you want to change your vote to something more effective like Ice Beam.