1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Adventures Review/Thoughts Discussion - Red, Green & Blue/Yellow Arc (Gen 1)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by shoz999, Jun 25, 2018.

?

Which is your favorite story arc out of Gen 1?

1. Red, Green & Blue Chapter

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yellow Chapter

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

Pokemon Adventures Review/Thoughts Discussion - RGB/Y Arc (Gen 1)
    This is a discussion thread to talk about the many awesome, fun, hilarious, and questionable moments of Pokemon RGB and Y arcs that you can't really find in the anime or even the video games. So please, lay out your thoughts of the first two chapters of Pokemon Adventures! Wanna make two separate reviews of the RGB and Y arcs? Go ahead. Don't have enough time to make a review? Express it through a simple vote in the polls. Just wanna talk about a specific moment that stands out? Do it!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon Adventures Quick Summary - Red, Green, & Blue Chapter
    Three kids... a Fighter, a Trainer, and an Evolver. Three Pokedex's to obtain. Three Starters to meet. Eight Gyms to challenge. One Nefarious Organization to stop and one Pokemon League to conquer. If you never read Pokemon Adventures then your in for one wild ride unlike no other.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon Adventures Quick Summary- Yellow Chapter
    In this chapter, Red goes missing and it is up to a new mysterious trainer, Yellow, and Red's Pikachu, Pika, to investigate what happened to Red while also dealing with the Elite Four who plots to make an all-Pokemon world through any means necessary... however Yellow and Pika won't be on this journey alone...

Guidelines/Notes
    • There is no recommended review system. Instead I recommend you come up with your own review systems, from 5/5s to 10/10s, to give people a quick idea what you generally think of the story arcs as a whole.
    • Previously, this was originally a separate RGB and Y story arc review threads before it was altered or deleted. After talking with the mod, review threads will be organized by generations.
    • This is both a review and thoughts thread. So if you don't want to rate and review a story arc but instead express your thoughts of certain moments or scenes. That is fine.
    • Please alert others with a "Spoiler Warning!" if your review or thoughts does indeed have potential spoilers.
    • Have fun discussing the many amazing, funny or even questionable moments you've seen in Pokemon Adventures RBG/Y.
    • Due to the length of the title, it may be shortened to RGB/ Y Chapter Review Thread in the future. Also this thread had gone through a number of editing changes in short time.
    • One of the reasons I created this thread was to create a place to talk about more chapter-focused content. I absolutely know there's a lot of fans that want to talk about the amazing stuff in Pokemon Adventures that aren't always viable enough to be a thread on it's own, who complain of the lack of chapter-focused content on many forums, and even elsewhere there aren't a lot of Adventures-focus threads. It's why I stupidly posted a complaint thread back than without thinking and went ahead to get permission for this thread because I want to see more Chapter-focused content talking about the amazing stuff that we will almost never see in both the games and the anime such as how the Ruby and Sapphire Arcs is essentially a love story in disguise or how the Emerald Arc is fan-service to competitive fans. However for now, let's just talk about the first two Pokemon Adventures arcs.
    • Also fun fact. The artwork cover for the RGB chapter is based on this promotional ad for Pokemon Red and Green in Japan.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

So can't we review them in how good it is or how bad it is ?
    Lot of stuff in Pokemon special manga that i saying it is quite good and then there are quite few of elements that in manga that didn't impressive me all well .

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 10:29 PM
  3. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

You can review the RGB and Y arcs in anyway you like, saying what you felt was amazing or just simply was plain dumb.

4. Redstar45

• Double Posting
    Ok then i should do start review tomorrow afternoon then !

But i do have one thing to saying about the Pokemon special manga : rgb arcs .......

It is what the shudõ 's Pokemon anime show should be in first place ....a Red (Ash/Satoshi) vs team rockets story

and is nice to see that in Pokemon media before Pokemon the origin anime did in 2013-14th.

Ok here i go !

My first Pokemon special manga:RGB Arcs reviews !

.the Story is kind short then most pokespe story usually do .....and that is actually good thing !

The story is about the boy named Red that wish to be a great Pokemon trainer in the kanto region .....and in his journey....he made a rlval named Green (m) the grandson of the Pokemon Professior sam oak that well know in world and the boys get theirs starter Pokemon and Pokedex from him to start their grand journey that would made them the world's famous Pokédéx Owners that deals with the evil (team rockets) in world of pocket monsters and helping those would be helpless against such injustice and oppression that wish use a Power of Pokemon at their will and the lucky of a beautiful thief that steal a third starter Pokemon from professor oak and the help of the four gym leaders of the kanto region to beat infamous team rockets .....

And Mato art are so cute and i am quite sad that she is not working on Pokemon special manga anymore due to her illness that she deals with her own hands in the 90s and early 2000's era before she got better now and returned her art jobs

Red is .....not that great character and Ash already play the shonen protagonist in the Pokemon anime. ...so i think he should be bit more different from Ash and origin's Red ....and this doesn't mean i hate his character or anything like that ! But i do wish that kusaka do better job with his character ......and i do like that he own Pokemon before he gives one from the professor oak but i wish his Poilwrath should show it's personally more then what the manga did .

Green is little colder than his most counterparts from the game and manga/anime .....and his past is actually pretty interesting to me as he training in the Jhoto region under chuck the fifth gym leader . And i love his sister daisy oak .but i don't like his cold and hard personality anymore as i do find that quite annoying that i do find the game and anime counterparts's personality quite refresh to me now .

Blue is quite mischievous and cute thief of Pokemon special universe and i love her so much ......my desktop picture is her character on ! And i wish that there is a character like her in Pokemon anime universe.........:(

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018 at 4:08 AM
    shoz999 likes this.
  5. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

RGB is a great introduction to the manga. The start is a little slow, but that was probably neccesary to set up the world of Pokémon in this particular universe. Besides, compared to the pacing of the anime, it's lightning fast, and I can't say that it ever bored me. It's also the arc that takes more liberties and that's pretty refreshing. By the end, I was very impressed. Perhaps the story is a little more generic than posterior arcs, but it was enough for me to decide that Pokespe was the best piece of Pokemon media by far.
    Likewise, Red isn't one of the most interesting protagonists in the manga, but he works well as out guide un the then-mysterious world. Green goes from the smug rival from the games to a more serious counterpart of the hot-headed Red, a good choice in my opinion. And the there's Blue, who is still one of my favorites Dex Holders. We can see her in all her trolling glory, her best version imo.
    At its core, RGB is a typical shonen story, with a typical shonen protagonist, typical shonen villains, a typical shonen serious rival and a typical shonen cunning girl. But it's very fun to read because Pokemon allows for a lot of originality to work with.

Speaking of typical shonen protagonists, Yellow is not that at all. This is more the story of someone forced to play that role due to circunstances, and it's very interesting in that regard, but what really makes the arc is the villains, because we you wouldn't expect the Elite Four to be the bad guys, yet they work incredibly well in that role. I think Yellow remains one of the best arcs to this day.

shoz999 and Redstar45 like this.
  6. Redstar45

It is nice to hear that man