1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Adventures Review/Thoughts Discussion - Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon (Gen 7)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by shoz999, Mar 8, 2019.

?

How would you rate the Gen 7 series?

1. 5/5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4/5

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. 3/5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2/5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1/5

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Pokemon Adventures Review/Thoughts Discussion - SM (Gen 7)
    This is a discussion thread to talk about the many awesome, fun, hilarious, and questionable moments of the Gen 7 story arcs.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon Adventures Quick Summary - Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Chapter
    Follow the adventures of Sun, a courier who aims to earn a 100 million yen and Moon, a pharmacist who aims to deliver a special berry to Alola's guardians as the two unravel and explore the mysteries behind the Alola region... and elsewhere...

Guidelines/Notes
    • All the Review/Thoughts Discussion Threads are excluded from the 60 days limit rule. So have no fear if you want to talk about the chapters if this thread goes over the 60-day limit.
    • There is a 5/5 poll review system. Other than that, there is no recommend system. Discuss and rate the story arcs as freely as you want.
    • This is both a review and thoughts thread. So if you don't want to rate and review a story arc but instead express your thoughts of certain moments or scenes. That's fantastic and is encouraged!
    • BE AWARE OF SPOILERS. Unlike older chapters, this is an ongoing chapter where practically everyone is new to the story until completion. If you can, please alert others with a "Spoiler Warning!" if your review or thoughts does indeed have potentially heavy spoilers.
    • Have fun discussing the many amazing, funny or even questionable moments you've seen in the seventh generation of Pokemon Adventures!
    • Interestingly, this is the very first story arc since GSC where the "third version" is combined into one giant story arc rather than seperated like Platinum's.
    • The Gen 7 Discussion thread will be updated if a Let's Go chapter is in the works.
    Links to other current Review/Thoughts discussion threads

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Captain Obvious

This arc seems to be the one where few to quite of people aren’t fond with, since it is short, the plot moves too quickly, or also maybe that it doesn’t change up much things from the games. For me however, I do adore multiple different twists present in a subtle manner.
    For example, when Gladion asks Hau, that “You don’t want to be recognized as the Grandson..” that was great. Another, would be where Sun meets Lillie and has a crush on her, ending the tradition since Black and White where shipping between main male and female protagonists are implied in many ways.
    Lastly, I just realized now, but this gen has the FEWEST Pokespe chapters ever. With only Sun and Moon chapters that is merged with USUM, currently at 28 chapters. Even for Gen 6, it had ORAS arc, combined to more than 60 chapters. The other Gen to have only 1 arc was Gen 2, and that had GSC which ran for 90 chapters.
    Another thing, that many seems to view in positive manner, is that this arc combines both aspects of SM and USUM. Necrozma is one of the villians, but Lusamine is like her SM version.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    shoz999 likes this.
  3. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

One thing I really like about Pokemon Adventures SM is that there is a huge emphasis on the mysteries of the entire Alola region even though they haven't really explored the physical region thoroughly. I'm talking about the mysteries of Royalty, Necrozma and the Cosmog Duo, Ultra Space, Colress, Zygarde, Lillie and Gladion's relationship with their mother and father, where is Sun's great grandfather, what's with Alolan Meowth's ridiculous strength, why did the Tapu Guardians allow Sun & Moon, two non-Alolan natives, to have Z-rings, Anabel's background and knowledge of Necrozma, Poke Pelago and there's probably still a few mysteries I forgot to mention.