• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon adventures Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen arcs

Maxim

Beyond repair
I'm very sorry. But this means nothing.

They probably just generated the pages with some kind of algorithm, so those hidden pages were accidentally created. They're not accessible by normal ways and they're merely placeholders.

The ISBN numbers are inactive and if you looked at the release dates, Volume 15 should have been released a month ago. Everything on those pages is automatically generated, so I'm sorry.

These pages were probably created back when they started re-releasing Pokemon Adventures or when they began to release Gold/Silver series. They probably didn't yet know how many volumes they're gonna release, so they just created those placeholders.

matt0044

These pages were probably created back when they started re-releasing Pokemon Adventures or when they began to release Gold/Silver series. They probably didn't yet know how many volumes they're gonna release, so they just created those placeholders.

Strange, I thought that these came up only recently.

matt, I'm sorry, but I hate you now. I actually screamed "FINALLY! when I read your post, then I noticed something off about the release dates, then I read Maxim's post.

My hopes...wah...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well ain't this a kick in the groin. I saw this, got excited and was about to make some extra room on my manga bookshelf for 15-29 only to see this. According to that volume 15 should have been out by now. So unless there is a hidden/secret book place I don't know about I feel cheated. Still hope for the day where these volumes will be available. For now I wait.

Lumineon457

Since Bulbagarden seems more convinced that the majority of these dates are real, with the exception of vol 15 (how VIZ can release it before December 6, I don't know), than SPP, I decided to double-check with VIZ. Hopefully they respond. This way, we can settle this debate, solidly. These dates have been posted on Bulbapedia, so this should be checked.

Either way, I hope these do get released eventually!

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Since Bulbagarden seems more convinced that the majority of these dates are real, with the exception of vol 15 (how VIZ can release it before December 6, I don't know), than SPP, I decided to double-check with VIZ. Hopefully they respond. This way, we can settle this debate, solidly. These dates have been posted on Bulbapedia, so this should be checked.

Either way, I hope these do get released eventually!

Just to let you know, "one member" does not make up the entirety of Bulbapedia. Second, the manga section is one of the least edited on there (though I'm attempting to rectify that...) so that's because no one probably noticed it.....

Other than that, I removed them from the page until Viz decides to release the info officially....

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Kinda seems so strange that they just came up all of a sudden about 3 months after the final book of the GSC arc. I guess that they might have decided to do this since to make it more clear about the part about Sird in the DP arc. Hope that could confirm that they are for real about the releasing the RS/FRLG/Emerald arcs. Though they would have to edit around with the cover over Volume 15 and have the release of it be for December 6th or later. Other than that , They would have to have one less chapter in the 15th volume also since they had the first chapter of the volume in volume 14 since it was the finally of the GSC arc.

Lumineon457

Lolipiece: Point taken. However they are one person more convinced than SPP.

LucarioWolf: I was thinking the same thing. A few months ago, I actually made this lovely mockup:

View attachment 3215

matt0044

matt, I'm sorry, but I hate you now. I actually screamed "FINALLY! when I read your post, then I noticed something off about the release dates, then I read Maxim's post.

My hopes...wah...

I wholeheartedly apologize.

As for this, well, I still want a solid answer for this. It's recent since no one noticed it until now so something has to be going on at the moment.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Though it won't be until VIZ Media confirms that they are releasing them for sure till we can say for sure that there would be. I mean there has been stuff in the past that is still listed to be planned to release but hasn't got confirmed to yet. One of those examples would be like Earthbound (Virtual Console) and NPC! Pikmin 2 being listed for release on the Wii on ESRB website but still no sign of release yet. But any who , Guess that it might be till sometime till next year if the do plan on releasing the first few. Though it would back to having three separate arcs of the PokeSpecial running in Amercia again.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Lolipiece: Point taken. However they are one person more convinced than SPP.

LucarioWolf: I was thinking the same thing. A few months ago, I actually made this lovely mockup:

View attachment 3215

As far as that cover goes I doubt they'd call it Advanced and I hope they won't. It's to much of a throw back to the anime. Ruby and Sapphire's title is much better as that's what they are trying to represent.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
And going by the more recent series' titles(Black & White, Platinum), naming them after Ruby & Sapphire(or Emerald) seems more likely.

Lumineon457

As far as that cover goes I doubt they'd call it Advanced and I hope they won't. It's to much of a throw back to the anime. Ruby and Sapphire's title is much better as that's what they are trying to represent.

Well, I was trying to use a title that could encompass all three chapters. The games were called the Advanced Generation, anyway. Also, "Advanced" was easier to photoshop than "Ruby and Sapphire," "Emerald," and "FireRed and LeafGreen." Yes, I made recolors for the other games. FireRed and LeafGreen were a PAIN!

ReiZerou

Well, at least this means that originally they planned to release all the volumes in right order before something made them change their mind. Because the new generation volumes were selling so well? Because TPCi said so? Because of the earthquake in Japan? No one knows, but I will also try and send an e-mail about this. As we know, more we sent the more they will answer.

Just out of curiosity, does there happen to exist a release page for volume 30 and onwards? With that number?

Lumineon457

Well, at least this means that originally they planned to release all the volumes in right order before something made them change their mind. Because the new generation volumes were selling so well? Because TPCi said so? Because of the earthquake in Japan? No one knows, but I will also try and send an e-mail about this. As we know, more we sent the more they will answer.

Just out of curiosity, does there happen to exist a release page for volume 30 and onwards? With that number?

Vol 30 was not formatted like this, making this even weirder.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well, I was trying to use a title that could encompass all three chapters. The games were called the Advanced Generation, anyway. Also, "Advanced" was easier to photoshop than "Ruby and Sapphire," "Emerald," and "FireRed and LeafGreen." Yes, I made recolors for the other games. FireRed and LeafGreen were a PAIN!

They don't need all three titles to be encompass. FRLG under the term Advanced is just weird, even if they were GBA generation. They aren't going to have HGSS under Diamond, Pearl, Platinum's title so they should just name the titles as they are, Ruby and Sapphire, FireRed and LeafGreen, Emerald. Those titles aren't even that big. They fit better then Advanced.