• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon adventures Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen arcs

matt0044

I am still not completely convinced that VIZ will translate them. If they will I'd be happy and sad at the same time. Happy that they translate it and sell and sad because I am low on cash -.-. My sis is already making a list of things we want... if only she could pay more attention on her wallet too.

They're less than ten dollars. Unless you're dirt poor, I think you might be able to manage.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
It's looking better with all these newly found placeholders for the arcs now. Hope that they would just say that there are planning to do it soon for the arcs. That would be the first time recently that the North American market would actually get something that they are hoping to get. But any who , I plan to write to them about the matter to hopefully get some confirmination on the matter. Though I do hope that it wouldn't be file 13 it. Other than that , There could be an Operation for the volumes to get out since they have proven that there are a lot of people really wanting what their rallying for.

Ace of Shades

I noticed that the manga release date thread was getting clogged up with the discussion of the possible release of these arcs in North America and figured this was a better place to discuss.

I remember someone saying something about putting the D/P/Pt arc on hold before sird shows up then release these arcs in Viz Bigs and I think that is a strong possibility.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I can't believe people still think these are going to be released.

With DPt and BW doing as well as they are, and interest rapidly shifting to what Black and White 2 is going to bring on all fronts, there is nearly zero marketable interest in these skipped volumes. Outside of fandom circles, it's highly likely that RSE and FRLG are largely forgotten by now, and Viz can make more money catering to younger audiences who started with DP or BW than they can with people who actually still care about Generation 3.

Oh, and Sird? Watch her appearance as a Galactic Commander be carefully edited to remove any mention of Team Rocket, the Three Beasts or Maxie and Archie.

matt0044

With DPt and BW doing as well as they are, and interest rapidly shifting to what Black and White 2 is going to bring on all fronts, there is nearly zero marketable interest in these skipped volumes. Outside of fandom circles, it's highly likely that RSE and FRLG are largely forgotten by now, and Viz can make more money catering to younger audiences who started with DP or BW than they can with people who actually still care about Generation 3.

Oh, and Sird? Watch her appearance as a Galactic Commander be carefully edited to remove any mention of Team Rocket, the Three Beasts or Maxie and Archie.

What the matter? Is a some crime now to be even the least bit optimistic? Viz once said that they'd like to if TPCi would allow them (there's probably more to that) and suppose TPCi does whether a remake comes out. And it's Pokemon so even if it's from Gen 3, people will still check the arcs out if they like Pokemon.

Last edited:

e9310103838

I did not agree. The good manga has not differentiated the age.

If Adventures is just pure commercial propaganda manga (although in position, it is), that it will not receive the high praise to the present. ;432;

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I haven't been on in awhile and this place has really upgraded. I'm going to need to get use to this...but when I first saw this thread I thought there was some news about the RS, FRLG, and Emerald chapters. I guess not. I guess they are still waiting for those RS remakes to make it marketable again.

matt0044

I haven't been on in awhile and this place has really upgraded. I'm going to need to get use to this...but when I first saw this thread I thought there was some news about the RS, FRLG, and Emerald chapters. I guess not. I guess they are still waiting for those RS remakes to make it marketable again.

Come to think of it, I have heard about recent Gen 3 merchandise in Japan but I wouldn't get your hopes up unless they come to America.

ReiZerou

Come to think of it, I have heard about recent Gen 3 merchandise in Japan but I wouldn't get your hopes up unless they come to America.
The 3rd Generation merchandise is related to Kyushu Railway anniversary, because Hoenn is based on Kyushu. So they distribute 3rd Gen Pokémon. It might be a hint, but I doubt it. Distributions in Japan for whatever reason have been quite common lately, after all. I hope that they release the arcs if the RS remakes become reality.

Leety

PokeSpe Enthusiast

Ha! The first two arcs were selling fine - RBG may have been about the gym badges and so was the HGSS games, but Yellow was a completely original story! In fact, sales just kept going up and up, even after the volumes were being published after HGSS games had come and gone. If anything, they would've gotten more money if they published them in a basic order. Also: Older pokemon and characters do show up in the new generations, I don't see why you have to separate them like this. Nobody's going to stop caring about Emolga when the next wave of Pokemon comes around, it's not like they deleted the pokemon or anything.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Ha! The first two arcs were selling fine - RBG may have been about the gym badges and so was the HGSS games, but Yellow was a completely original story! In fact, sales just kept going up and up, even after the volumes were being published after HGSS games had come and gone. If anything, they would've gotten more money if they published them in a basic order. Also: Older pokemon and characters do show up in the new generations, I don't see why you have to separate them like this. Nobody's going to stop caring about Emolga when the next wave of Pokemon comes around, it's not like they deleted the pokemon or anything.

You can believe what you want, but when we're here after another year and Viz is still stonewalling everyone, don't say I didn't tell you so. If you were right then we would not be having this discussion right now, because Viz wouldn't have skipped ahead to DP if they really could make more money publishing RSE/FRLG instead. But they did, and they did it for a reason.

I'd be more worried about HGSS at this rate; I really can't see them publishing that right now, and by the time a better chance opens, it'll be way too late. RSE and FRLG are a lost cause.

Last edited:

matt0044

You can believe what you want, but when we're here after another year and Viz is still stonewalling everyone, don't say I didn't tell you so. If you were right then we would not be having this discussion right now, because Viz wouldn't have skipped ahead to DP if they really could make more money publishing RSE/FRLG instead. But they did, and they did it for a reason.

I'd be more worried about HGSS at this rate; I really can't see them publishing that right now, and by the time a better chance opens, it'll be way too late. RSE and FRLG are a lost cause.

So I assume you can see the future. In that case, will 2012 really be the end of the world? Please! The world depends on it!

If you happen to be right, then you were right. But if you happen to be wrong and the Gen 3 arcs are released stateside (be it that Viz reconsiders skipping them or something else), well, I hope you're hungry then because you'll be eating every one of your words. I'm not going to say that they definitely will realize the arcs but I don't think that they won't be released sooner or later (likely later). Unlike you, I'm not making bold assumption as if I know it all but rather I'll see what happens and what will be confirmed for sure. I don't work for Viz nor do you.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
So I assume you can see the future. In that case, will 2012 really be the end of the world? Please! The world depends on it!

You couldn't pay me enough to tell you that.

If you happen to be right, then you were right. But if you happen to be wrong and the Gen 3 arcs are released stateside (be it that Viz reconsiders skipping them or something else), well, I hope you're hungry then because you'll be eating every one of your words. I'm not going to say that they definitely will realize the arcs but I don't think that they won't be released sooner or later (likely later). Unlike you, I'm not making bold assumption as if I know it all but rather I'll see what happens and what will be confirmed for sure. I don't work for Viz nor do you.

I'll be glad to. In fact, I'm very hungry to eat those words, because I probably want to see those arcs even more than you do. But really, it's simple logic - every day that passes between RSE/FRLG and the present, the more irrelevant and forgotten those games become. The only way to reset the clock is if there are RSE remakes, but with BW2 on their way, I don't know anymore if remakes are a safe bet.

Like I said, worry about HGSS now, because the games already got their tie-in through the publishing of the GSC arc and nothing in the HGSS arc that we know of is necessary to the larger plot yet. Cross your fingers for the RSE remakes, but really, worry about HGSS now.

matt0044

How do you even figure that BW2 will "prevent remakes?" You may as well say that there'll be no Gen 6. And if that was true, than FRLG and HGSS would've never existed. THIS is simple logic, no?

Also, didn't Viz once say on Facebook that they WANT to release those arcs? Or were we just crazy?

Also, isn't PokeSpe selling well and would Gen 3 arcs sell too? It's not like those Pokemon don't exist anymore (you can catch some in BW). And if it's Pokemon, then clearly fans will read it whether or not they recognize the Pokemon themselves. Sooner or later, they'll have to realize this.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
How do you even figure that BW2 will "prevent remakes?" You may as well say that there'll be no Gen 6. And if that was true, than FRLG and HGSS would've never existed. THIS is simple logic, no?

You're misreading what I'm saying. The presence of direct sequels instead of a third game indicates this generation really is going to be completely different than the last ones, which may mean that remakes won't happen. Also, we'll have to see how BW2 play out and are received. It may be that the interest for remakes is not as wide anymore outside of us. If that's the case, future games may simply be continuations of newer stories.

Also, didn't Viz once say on Facebook that they WANT to release those arcs? Or were we just crazy?

I'm not calling you a liar, because I have no doubt in my mind that this was said. I just want to see it, because this is the first I've heard of it.

It wouldn't surprise me if such a statement, if it was simply "We would like to release these arcs," was just a stock response to placate demands for it.

Also, isn't PokeSpe selling well and would Gen 3 arcs sell too? It's not like those Pokemon don't exist anymore (you can catch some in BW). And if it's Pokemon, then clearly fans will read it whether or not they recognize the Pokemon themselves. Sooner or later, they'll have to realize this.

Part of it can be boiled down as, ask a typical person in the target age group of Pokemon right now about, say, Milotic, Luxray and Samurott, you're probably most likely to get a dumbfounded stare the moment "Milotic" comes out of your mouth. Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon are a lot more immediately recognizable to the target age group than the older Hoenn Pokemon are. Yeah, they still exist, but they're becoming more and more obscure with each passing cycle.

All of that is assuming Viz simply skipped the arcs for no reason. If Viz actually did skip them because of so-called "objectionable" content, all of this is absolutely moot.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Worry about HGSS? Hmm, I never thought to worry about that one. I naturally assumed they would start that one After DPPt was all over and published by Viz. I mean what's left? Unless they go back and did RS, FRLG, and Emerald then. HeartGold and SoulSilver is more recent then the Sinnoh games so if anything I would assume they were safe. They are still on shelves while you have to really look for a Sinnoh game. You might find a Platinum version if your lucky. Diamond and Pearl however are old and outdated in nearly every aspect.

matt0044

Alright, picture this scenario: Suppose that you’re a Pokemon fan who knows little to nothing on Gen 3 when you start reading Pokemon Adventures. You love it and just about many things about it. Then you finish reading Volume 14. Now assume for this scenario that the Gen 3 arcs are being released or have already been released. You pick up Volume 15 that begins the Hoenn storyline and you read stuff that was based on games you haven’t played yet. You don’t know the characters or story from the games and you never seen the Pokemon before. And you like it a lot like the past volumes of PokeSpe. Why? Because you don’t know what to expect in this story arc and you’re entertained by all the twists, turns and surprised that the Gen 3 arcs give you. You might not recognize the Pokemon but as you learn about them, you start to like them. It gives you a sense of curiosity that makes you yearn to read more of the story. And it’s not just you alone…

My point is that if one likes/loves Pokemon and PokeSpe, it’s highly possible that he/she might read the Gen 3 arcs whether or not he/she knows about the games they’re based on. At the very least, they’ll check it out since it has the word “Pokemon” on the title. If they like it, they will buy it. If they buy it, Viz and TPCi will make money. And if they make money on the RS arc, they’ll release the FRLG and E arcs in order to sell more. Whether it’s part of the current generation or not shouldn’t matter if this can make money for them.

As for why they haven’t yet, I imagine that Viz is having licensing issues or something else we don’t know about. The former would explain why we’re getting the DPPt arcs after the fourth generation “expired.” But I won’t say that I know for sure because I don’t know. Like everyone else here. I won’t say that my theory applies to everyone but to say that yours is “correct” is really stretching it too far. Because it’s a theory. Nothing more, nothing less.

maxjvoxo

Hopefully something..

I just checked the links and it says vol. 15 will be released March 7, 2013. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but it could mean something.