• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Timeline

How accurate does this timeline look, in regards to PokeSpe Canon?

• It looks perfectly accurate; both years and ages.

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • It looks mostly accurate; the ages are off.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • It looks mostly accurate; the years are off.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Meh, nice theory.

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • I don't really care about the timeline. Still, good effort.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • That's the worst piece of guesswork I've ever seen!

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Horribly, Horribly inaccurate, to how the Manga is portrayed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I haven't seen anyone say this yet, so I'll say it instead: In the battle between the Team Aqua Admins and Wattson, Flannery, and Winona, Shelly is using a DS. HOW HAS NO ONE NOTICED THIS?!?!?!?!

People have noticed it. Almost a decade ago. When it happened.

And it's completely irrelevant considering Nintendo consoles cameo all the time in this.

And this is not the thread for that.

Macromind101

I have a theory for the future of the Pokemon Adventures timeline with future remakes assumed. Just hear me out.

Based on recent trends, remake chapters do not succeed the new generations (i.e. HGSS and ORAS do not take place after the chapters past Generation III). I am also an advocate for remakes of Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova games happening in the future due to the indications of the Delta Episode in the games. So in terms of how those possible remakes will play into Pokemon Adventures, here is my theory.

The Kanto re-remake chapter takes place at the same time as HGSS/ORAS where the Kanto Dexholders must master Mega Evolutions (like the Hoenn Dexholders in ORAS) to solve a crisis in Kanto. Then three years later, the Johto re-remake chapter occurs. But wait: what is also happening at that time? The DPPt chapter, of course! So the Johto re-remake chapter is occurring simultaneously with DPPt. This could be an opportunity for the original Dexholders (Kanto, Johto and Hoenn) to join the Sinnoh Dexholders in defeating Sird as revenge for creating Guile Hideout (which seems to still be fresh in everyone's minds three years after the incident). This could be the plot for the Sinnoh remake chapter (or, if the Johto re-remakes precede the Sinnoh remakes, the Johto re-remake chapter instead while the Sinnoh remake chapter leads up to the Sird event).

shawn_o1

nah, I'd wager that Pokespe ends as soon as the franchise ends, generations won't be remade more than once (so main characters will only appear in the arcs corresponding to their generations). I also think Kusaka will leave Sird's future a complete mystery until the franchise ends.
This is probably for another thread but I'm not sure what Gen 7 will come up with; it requires 100+ new Pokémon (if most of the first 720 won't be available), a new region influenced by a real-world location (they've already based off four corners of Japan, New York and France), additions to gameplay that'll attract gamers. They're soon going to run out of ideas (and I bet they won't reach 1000 species, especially when they've come up with species derived from ice cream and candy floss)

Lucky3

So...
[Spoiler="ORAS and XY recent chapters. Pretty big. ]Red and Blue (girl) have appeared in ORAS and Red says that Green isn't in Kanto. Since Green has conveniently showed up in XY recently, I'm thinking that both ORAS and XY are taking place at about the same time. [/Spoiler]

Last edited:

Macromind101

So...
[Spoiler="ORAS and XY recent chapters. Pretty big. ]Red and Blue (girl) have appeared in ORAS and Red says that Green isn't in Kanto. Since Green has conveniently showed up in XY recently, I'm thinking that both ORAS and XY are taking place at about the same time. [/Spoiler]

That's what I initially thought too. But there is evidence that this isn't the case. First, Blue (I call the male Blue since I grew up with Viz) mentioned to Diantha that he has visited Kalos before (with respect to his visit in XY). Second, Trevor showed a past recording of Rowan's speech which is supposedly the same as the one that was made in DP. This is an indication that XY takes place after DP, which itself takes place after ORAS. Third, Blue is in possession of Rhyperior in XY. If XY is taking place simultaneously with ORAS, this would not be possible since Silver has Rhyperior in HGSS (which is simultaneous with ORAS and thus also simultaneous with anything that is so with ORAS). With this in mind, it is possible (hinted at, in fact) that Blue is in Kalos during ORAS for his first Kalos trip. His second Kalos trip is when XY takes place.

The current timeline consensus is, for the most part, set. Nothing we thought before XY/ORAS has been rebuked (refer to the original post for this). The only thing we're not sure of as of now is where XY takes place with respect to BW/B2W2. What we do know is that both take place after DPPt (approximately three years in BW's case, although this is not 100% certain, just hinted at).

To make things easier, I'll make a quick (and, sorry, poorly typed out) timeline with everything up to date.

RBG --> (2 years later) Yellow --> (1 year later) GSC --> (1 year later) RS --> (~6 months later) FRLG --> (2-3 months later) Emerald --> (3 years later) HGSS/ORAS --> (~3 years later) DP --> (2 weeks later) Platinum --> (3 years later, hinted at but not confirmed) BW --> (2 years later) B2W2

And again, XY's place in the timeline is definitely after DPPt but unknown with respect to BW/B2W2. XY does take place at the same time as B2W2 in the games, though, if it means anything in Adventures/Special.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
We're still trying to figure this out? You know there's some janky writing when Doctor Who has a more coherent timeline than PokeSpe.

One thing that would help figure this mess out would be Looker's appearance in XY. If he shows up there without any reference to Lacktwo's work in Unova taking place simultaneously, then we can confirm that XY and B2W2 didn't take place at the same time in the PokeSpe universe.

Just a thought: has anyone with decent Japanese skills ever thought to ask Kusaka via Twitter about the timeline? I know he's a busy person, but if we could at least confirm the time gap between Pt and BW along with where XY fits, it would put the issue to bed once and for all (until Gen 7 comes out and we start all over again).

e9310103838

That's what I initially thought too. But there is evidence that this isn't the case. First, Blue (I call the male Blue since I grew up with Viz) mentioned to Diantha that he has visited Kalos before (with respect to his visit in XY). Second, Trevor showed a past recording of Rowan's speech which is supposedly the same as the one that was made in DP. This is an indication that XY takes place after DP, which itself takes place after ORAS. Third, Blue is in possession of Rhyperior in XY. If XY is taking place simultaneously with ORAS, this would not be possible since Silver has Rhyperior in HGSS (which is simultaneous with ORAS and thus also simultaneous with anything that is so with ORAS). With this in mind, it is possible (hinted at, in fact) that Blue is in Kalos during ORAS for his first Kalos trip. His second Kalos trip is when XY takes place.

The current timeline consensus is, for the most part, set. Nothing we thought before XY/ORAS has been rebuked (refer to the original post for this). The only thing we're not sure of as of now is where XY takes place with respect to BW/B2W2. What we do know is that both take place after DPPt (approximately three years in BW's case, although this is not 100% certain, just hinted at).

To make things easier, I'll make a quick (and, sorry, poorly typed out) timeline with everything up to date.

RBG --> (2 years later) Yellow --> (1 year later) GSC --> (1 year later) RS --> (~6 months later) FRLG --> (2-3 months later) Emerald --> (3 years later) HGSS/ORAS --> (~3 years later) DP --> (2 weeks later) Platinum --> (3 years later, hinted at but not confirmed) BW --> (2 years later) B2W2
And again, XY's place in the timeline is definitely after DPPt but unknown with respect to BW/B2W2. XY does take place at the same time as B2W2 in
the games, though, if it means anything in Adventures/Special.

About HGSS/ORAS to DP, this is also hinted at but not confirmed. ;386-a;

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
About HGSS/ORAS to DP, this is also hinted at but not confirmed.

Actually... Macromind's post from 2013 does quite a bit to solidify conjecture:

Some new news. Coronis mentioned that in Pokemon the Comic, at the time when Red and Gold are training at Mt. Silver after the events of GSC, some news broadcast of Clefairy and Jigglypuff (don't remember specific details) appeared on TV. It was mentioned that Dia saw that same broadcast when he was four years old. Since he's 12 in DPPt, that means that DP does actually take place three years after HGSS. Also, there's the news report about the Red Gyarados that Dia and Pearl saw when they were 4, which is another evidence backing up the fact that DP is three years after HGSS. I guess we have to disregard the one-year difference theory since after all since the statement that Rowan returned to Sinnoh after four years was scratched out in the volumes.

Oh and something that we all speculated is now confirmed. When the new League rule was created in RS, Black was five years old. Nine years later, BW takes place. Since we now know that DP is three years after HGSS, doing the math means that the BW chapter takes place three years after DPPt. Assuming that B2W2 is two years after BW in the manga, and since the B2W2 prologue took place five years before B2W2, that puts Platinum at the same time as the prologue, which makes sense because in the prologue Ghetsis started ordering the sages what to do and in Platinum Looker got assigned the investigation of the Seven Sages. Which puts those two events at approximately the same time.

I forgot about the Pokemon the Comic chapter and the potential time link between DP and BW. Assuming that both are verbatim in their respective PokeSpe chapters, it wouldn't be a hint as much as it would be a confirmation.

Was there, by any chance, any hint of a link between the XY chapter and a past event? All it would take would Green saying something along the lines of "I was petrified x years ago." or "I let a friend borrow my Rhyperior about x years ago."

BlackButterfree

Actually... Macromind's post from 2013 does quite a bit to solidify conjecture:

I forgot about the Pokemon the Comic chapter and the potential time link between DP and BW. Assuming that both are verbatim in their respective PokeSpe chapters, it wouldn't be a hint as much as it would be a confirmation.

Was there, by any chance, any hint of a link between the XY chapter and a past event? All it would take would Green saying something along the lines of "I was petrified x years ago." or "I let a friend borrow my Rhyperior about x years ago."

Hi, new member here. Just joined. I agree with you. I'd like to know if there's any slight hint as to XY's position in the timeline.

KuroBlitz95

BIRTHDAYS OF THE DEX HOLDERS

Year of 1985: Blue (June 1st), Red (August 8th) & Green (November 22nd)
Year of 1988: Yellow (March 3rd), Gold (July 21st), & Silver (December 24th)
April 30th 1989: Crystal's Birthday

Year of 1990: Ruby (July 2nd) & Sapphire (September 20th)
May 31st 1991: Emerald's Birthday
Year of 1996: Diamond (April 4th), Pearl (June 6th) & Platinum (October 27th)

Year of 1997: White(March 14th - not confirmed) & Black (April 14th - also not confirmed)
Year of 1998: THE CHARACTERS OF XY WERE BORN IN THIS YEAR BECAUSE EMMA (ESSENTIA) IS 16 YEARS OLD IN GAME CANON (AROUND THEIR AGE)
Year of 2001: Rakutsu (May 4th) & Faitsu (September- she is a Gothorita on the Zodiac)

TIMELINE OF THE POKÉMON ADVENTURES

RGB Saga:Early April 1997 - May 7th 1997 (Day of the 9th Pokémon League)
Yellow Saga: April to May of 1999 (days not specific)
GSC Saga: Early April 2000 to May 7th 2000 (10th League date - gymleaders battle & masked man defeat)

NOTES: Chapter 117 (Crystal debut) is May 1st (because it is not said that is Crystal Bday - April 30th)

RS Saga: July 2nd 2001 to September 20th 2001
FRLG Saga: Late April of 2002 (Oak's call to Scott 2 months prior Emerald)
Emerald Saga: June 30th 2002 to July 7th 2002

HGSS Saga: most likely May of 2005
ORAS Saga: most likely August of 2005
DPP Saga: September 28th 2008 to November 20th 2008 (DP only probably ended on October 31st- Halloween with Giratina Cameo)

NOTES: Hugh recalls 5 years prior to his sisters BDAY (probably december 2008 - so perhaps 5 years and 2 months - a little joke on the numbers 5 and 2 (b2w2 starts on volume 52) ), because 1 month prior Looker is called to Unova due to plasma activity, and from 2008 to 2011 is 3 years (the time that Ghetsis told the sages that it would took to N to become KING, it mostly tooked 2.5 years)

BW Saga: May 2011 to February 2012
B2W2 Saga: Winter of 2014 - (the dexholders are finishing their 6th grade - last elementary schoolyear, and Rakutsu & Faitsu are Valentine's Day Theme and Kyurem is Winter's theme)
XY Saga: most likely in Fall 2014 (exactly one year after the games came out) - Green should be 28 if the events occur prior is BDAY (and Diantha seems to be that age as well)

NOTES: the league was 1 year away in BW005, and it's triannual. By Brycen's Gym, the league passed from 3 months to one week, so if the league is always on May 7th (Japanese Traditional Day of Summer), the league was most likely on February 2011 ( it ended of the 14th for the AgencyShippers), so White and Black turned 15th on their Japaneses days (March 14th & April 14th).

OH WELL; THOSE ARE MY THOUGHTS! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK (if Sun & Moon are 20 years after RGB, I am imagining a 32 year-old Red) :)

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
BIRTHDAYS OF THE DEX HOLDERS

Year of 1985: Blue (June 1st), Red (August 8th) & Green (November 22nd)
Year of 1988: Yellow (March 3rd), Gold (July 21st), & Silver (December 24th)
April 30th 1989: Crystal's Birthday

Is it really necessary to add real world dates? Pokespe does not have a set year.

Every time it does mention a year, it's always censored with symbols.

And where is it stated that Crystal is younger than Gold and Silver?

Year of 1998: THE CHARACTERS OF XY WERE BORN IN THIS YEAR BECAUSE EMMA (ESSENTIA) IS 16 YEARS OLD IN GAME CANON (AROUND THEIR AGE)

X and Y's ages have not been stated. And does XY ever state that Emma and the XY game protags are around the same age? I can't remember.

NOTES: the league was 1 year away in BW005, and it's triannual.

Black states it's annual. It's either an Unova thing or a mistake.

Was this line changed in the volumes?

By Brycen's Gym, the league passed from 3 months to one week, so if the league is always on May 7th (Japanese Traditional Day of Summer), the league was most likely on February 2011 ( it ended of the 14th for the AgencyShippers), so White and Black turned 15th on their Japaneses days (March 14th & April 14th).

It was stated that the League happens in Spring, and Winter was just ending by the time BW started, so it's probably earlier than that.

Edit: Actually, the Unova League is explicitly called the "New Pokemon League". So it probably is something different.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Is it really necessary to add real world dates? Pokespe does not have a set year.

Every time it does mention a year, it's always censored with symbols.

And where is it stated that Crystal is younger than Gold and Silver?

This is indeed possible, although some people think she is older than Gold and Silver. In this way she is 14 years old in Emerald.

Black states it's annual. It's either an Unova thing or a mistake.

Was this line changed in the volumes?

This was referred to annual in Black's memories.

It was stated that the League happens in Spring, and Winter was just ending by the time BW started, so it's probably earlier than that.

Edit: Actually, the Unova League is explicitly called the "New Pokemon League". So it probably is something different.

This is most likely to occur in January, since this is observation time of Taurus. By the way, B2W2 is start in September. :626:

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
Did someone notice that when Steven talks about his travel to Kalos, where he learned about mega evolution in cap 19 or 20 of ORAS arc. In the flashback you can see a figure that looks like Blue to me. If this is true, X/Y takes place earlier than ORAS am I right?

lolipiece

Staff member
Did someone notice that when Steven talks about his travel to Kalos, where he learned about mega evolution in cap 19 or 20 of ORAS arc. In the flashback you can see a figure that looks like Blue to me. If this is true, X/Y takes place earlier than ORAS am I right?

No. Blue's appearance in XY is his second time in Kalos.

XY is after ORAS.

ellifeedn

Thinker
I was looking around when on Bulbapedia I saw a timeline for Pokemon Adventures (here). Surprisingly it covered more than the timelines you guys were theorizing as it included some Pokemon Ranger manga that were not only made by the same people who made Adventures but also made them canon. But that made me wonder, when would the Ranger stories take place in relation to the Adventures series? Based on the Legendary/Mythical Pokemon present in the Ranger series, they would have to take place between the FR/LG saga and the D/P/Pl saga, but that's still a 6 year time period. And since I have not played those games, I cannot narrow it any further.

So, who here has played the Pokemon Ranger games? If you have, do you think you can tell us how much time has passed in-between the games? That might give a clue as to where we can place the Ranger stories in the timeline.

On a different note, I've been thinking about how to place the Colosseum games in the timeline, mainly just for fun, and I've actually thought of when and how to place those games. Do you guys want to hear it?

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Maybe Sun and Moon arcs took place months or a year later after XY saga because of the Zygarde cells scattered through Alola

I think X and Y where 14-15 years old and Sun and Moon where 11 years old since your are only allowed to enter an island challenge by 11. I noticed that Sun and Moon look younger compare to X and Y when they started their journey

lolipiece

Staff member
Maybe Sun and Moon arcs took place months or a year later after XY saga because of the Zygarde cells scattered through Alola

The last chapter of XY heavily implies Sun and Moon would be three months after XY.

I think X and Y where 14-15 years old

Their ages were never specified.

and Sun and Moon where 11 years old since your are only allowed to enter an island challenge by 11. I noticed that Sun and Moon look younger compare to X and Y when they started their journey

The age requirement has yet to be mentioned. Given that the island challenge is portrayed a bit differently in Pokespe, it could be ignored altogether.

lolipiece

Staff member
In fact, it only said that the XY ending occurred in the final battle three months later. We are not sure whether SM happens at the same time. ;102;

Indeed, but you have to ask, "why three months?" "Why that specific number?" Kusaka doesn't do explicit dates unless there's a reason for it.

And then out comes SM, which Kusaka stated he played in September to those who don't know, which explicitly states that the moment when Lillie escapes from Aether is three months before the beginning of the game.

13_luckynumber

I'm sure this has been asked and answered in this thread but some posts are a bit long and convoluted so my apology for asking this again but how do we know:
- BW is THREE years after Pt?
- HGSS and ORAS and XY happen around the same time?