• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Timeline

How accurate does this timeline look, in regards to PokeSpe Canon?

• It looks perfectly accurate; both years and ages.

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • It looks mostly accurate; the ages are off.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • It looks mostly accurate; the years are off.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Meh, nice theory.

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • I don't really care about the timeline. Still, good effort.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • That's the worst piece of guesswork I've ever seen!

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Horribly, Horribly inaccurate, to how the Manga is portrayed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Coronis

In lucid awakening
HGSS takes place 3 years after FRLG, and ORAS takes place 4 years after RS as well as 9 years after the Salamence event of Ruby and Sapphires childhood, which is at the same time as RGB. This puts them at the same year, with HGSS in the spring/summer months and ORAS in the winter months (as evidenced by Norman's Sawsbuck). Too bad the SPedia made a mistake listing Crystal's age in HGSS (they mistakenly listed it as 14 which is impossible), otherwise we would have a better approximation of HGSS's month.

As for BW and Platinum, the hint comes from the SPedia's timeline. It lists Hugh's childhood encounter with team plasma (which is 5 years before B2W2 and thus 3 years before BW) as after platinum. This means BW is at least 3 years after platinum, though it could be even longer.

As for XY, it's certainly not the same time as ORAS. Although there is no clear time lapse listed in the SPedia timeline, they are listed in natural chronological order which means it must come after B2W2, which is quite some time afte ORAS. This is in line with Diantha's apparently young appearance in Steven's flashback of Kalos in ORAS.

Coronis~

13_luckynumber

HGSS takes place 3 years after FRLG, and ORAS takes place 4 years after RS as well as 9 years after the Salamence event of Ruby and Sapphires childhood, which is at the same time as RGB. This puts them at the same year, with HGSS in the spring/summer months and ORAS in the winter months (as evidenced by Norman's Sawsbuck). Too bad the SPedia made a mistake listing Crystal's age in HGSS (they mistakenly listed it as 14 which is impossible), otherwise we would have a better approximation of HGSS's month.

As for BW and Platinum, the hint comes from the SPedia's timeline. It lists Hugh's childhood encounter with team plasma (which is 5 years before B2W2 and thus 3 years before BW) as after platinum. This means BW is at least 3 years after platinum, though it could be even longer.

As for XY, it's certainly not the same time as ORAS. Although there is no clear time lapse listed in the SPedia timeline, they are listed in natural chronological order which means it must come after B2W2, which is quite some time afte ORAS. This is in line with Diantha's apparently young appearance in Steven's flashback of Kalos in ORAS.

Coronis~

Thank

You should edit the OP to match with your info though. Like you said, XY most likely is after B2W2 but the OP has XY happening around the same time as HGSS and ORAS

e9310103838

If XY occur after B2W2, then it means that Red is about thirty years old in the time (the same age Green in XY).

And ORAS may have happened around November (due the Litleonids).

About the characters age in PokeSPdia, there are also the error in Yellow (in the PokeSPdia timeline she is 15 years old in Emerald which may be correct, but in her introduction she is 14 years old) and Silver's (in the PokeSPdia timeline he is 13 years old in Emerald which may be correct, but in his introduction he is 14 years old) age. Though they also solved my long doubts, Crys is actually the oldest of the Johto trio. ;040;

13_luckynumber

If XY occur after B2W2, then it means that Red is about thirty years old in the time (the same age Green in XY).

And ORAS may have happened around November (due the Litleonids).

About the characters age in PokeSPdia, there are also the error in Yellow (in the PokeSPdia timeline she is 15 years old in Emerald which may be correct, but in her introduction she is 14 years old) and Silver's (in the PokeSPdia timeline he is 13 years old in Emerald which may be correct, but in his introduction he is 14 years old) age. Though they also solved my long doubts, Crys is actually the oldest of the Johto trio. ;040;

Debut age for the GSC trio is 11 years old. Where did you get Silver is 14 years old in his debut from?

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Debut age for the GSC trio is 11 years old. Where did you get Silver is 14 years old in his debut from?

I suppose the 'introduction' refers to the personal character profile page of each Dex Holder in the SPedia, which indeed lists many ages wrongly. The timeline page itself has errors too, especially Silver's age in the RGB arc, as well as Green's since he should not have reached his birthday during the majority of the arc.

Coronis~

e9310103838

About Pokedex holders' age, I make the more precise list in here. ;402;

Known age difference (ORAS)

Blue(female)>Red>Green(male) 20
Yellow 18
Crystal>Gold>Silver 17
Ruby>Sapphire 15
Emerald 14

Unknown age difference

Emerald>
Diamond>Pearl>Platinum 12 (Pt)

Sinnoh group>
White>Black(???) 16
Lack-two>Whi-two 12 (B2W2)

Emerald>
X, Y 12 (XY)

Kalos group>
Sun, Moon 11 (SM)

-------------------

About the time point

RGB (Roughly August to November, although this will make Green(male) almost the entire chapter only ten years old)

Yellow (Roughly the end of some year)

GSC (Roughly the end or early of some year)

RS (July 2 to Sepetember 20)

FRLG (The end of February)

Emerald (June 30 to July 7)

DP (Starting in September 28)

Platinum (The end of some year)

HGSS (Roughly the early of some year)

BW (Roughly April to January)

B2W2 (Starting in September)

XY (Unknown point, after ORAS)

ORAS (The end of some year (roughly November), the same year with HGSS)

SM (Unknown point, after XY and Pt)

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Just wanted to say that it's confirmed that SM is about 5 months after XY.

Two months.

There was a three month timeskip between Lysandre's defeat and the actual last few scenes of XY. Sina and Dexio were sent to Alola before the timeskip.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Ugh this is why i hate specialverse's timelines......let me get this ....that mean Blue(f) is around in her late-20 or so during the event of the Sun and Moon arcs ...?

lolipiece

Staff member
Ugh this is why i hate specialverse's timelines......let me get this ....that mean Blue(f) is around in her late-20 or so during the event of the Sun and Moon arcs ...?

Give or take.

Why is this a problem? People age, that's a fact of life.

Last edited:

e9310103838

She may have been thirty since SM may be ten years after ORAS. :D

(Thirty is still young, look at Red and Green (male) XD)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Give or take.

Why is this a problem? People age, that's a fact of life.

Nothing ! just that the timeline of Pokemon special universe just give me a headace sometimes ...that all .

V01D

Diamond and Pearl is approximately 8 years after HeartGold/SoulSilvsr chapter.
Furthermore, X/Y is after that, since it’s approximately 10 years, occurring just before Sun/Moon.
I would say that the Order is,
Diamond/Pearl, B/W, B2/W2, X/Y, Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield.
OmegaRuby/AlphaSaphire are the odd ones out, probably occurring around X/Y. Maybe just beforehand?
B2/W2 could be happening almost the same timeframe as X/Y...

lolipiece

Staff member
Diamond and Pearl is approximately 8 years after HeartGold/SoulSilvsr chapter.
Furthermore, X/Y is after that, since it’s approximately 10 years, occurring just before Sun/Moon.
I would say that the Order is,
Diamond/Pearl, B/W, B2/W2, X/Y, Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield.
OmegaRuby/AlphaSaphire are the odd ones out, probably occurring around X/Y. Maybe just beforehand?
B2/W2 could be happening almost the same timeframe as X/Y...

ORAS is four years after RS, putting it in the same year as HGSS.

And we don't know how long XY is after DP, nor if B2W2 and XY take place close to each other. We'll hopefully find out soon, though.

iml908

I saw a post online that based on dialogue in the B2W2 epilogue, the SMUSUM is set in spring, following B2W2 taking place in fall. That shortens the timeline by a lot, because the XY epilogue is set only two months before SMUSUM. Though for that to be true, it would seem B2W2 and XY are nearly happening at the same time, just like in the games.

lolipiece

Staff member
I saw a post online that based on dialogue in the B2W2 epilogue, the SMUSUM is set in spring, following B2W2 taking place in fall. That shortens the timeline by a lot, because the XY epilogue is set only two months before SMUSUM. Though for that to be true, it would seem B2W2 and XY are nearly happening at the same time, just like in the games.

If you want to be specific, "Colress" was sent to Alola in March.

B2W2 takes place in September-October and the XY-SM gap was five months (not counting the epilogue), so yeah, they're basically simultaneous.

iml908

So that would mean (roughly):

September-October: B2W2 arc

October: XY arc (5 months before SMUSUM)

January: XY epilogue (2 months before SMUSUM)

March: SMUSUM arc

e9310103838

XY's timing depends on the academic term system in Kalos. If it adopts the Japanese academic term system, XY (epilogue) will end in January.