• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Vol. 1: Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

...known as vol. 30 in the regular series.

I was really surprised to see it in the mail today. It seemed WAAAAY to early for it to come out...

Anyway, you guys want to know some stuff right?
well.
Here are some things you probably will want to ask.

- Platinum's "alias" that is used by everyone up until the Canalave chapter is "Lady."
-Dia's pokemon are named Lax (munchlax), and Tru (turtwig)
-Pearl's pokemon are named Chatler (chatot) and Chimler (chimchar)

also. Chapter names. (here come more puns. Thanks again Viz...)
1. Stagestruck Starly
2. A bevy of Bidoof
3. Extreme Luxio (lol this name seems out of place)
4. Putting a crimp in Kricketot
5. A conk on Crainidos' cranium (this makes a great tongue twister. For reals)
6. honey for Combee
7. Belligerent Bronzor
8. Robust Rotom
9. Ring around the Roserade (I)

discuss I guess.
If you guys want a specific joke or something clarified, tell me.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Heh, I love those chapter titles! Especially Ring around the Roserade.
The fifth chapter's name really is a tongue twister, it's hard for me to say it five times fast. :p

Hey, how did they translate Diamond and Pearl's jokes? I'm interested in knowing because I won't be getting this book (I already have Chuang Yi's translation).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Cranidos' <---this is how it's spelled right? In the book? Or is Crainidos' how it's spelled? Because that would be an error...

OK QUESTIONS!

Tsukkomi and Boke

What does Pearl call Dia and himself (in the Chaung Yi version he says "I'm the funny man and you're the stooge!"

What do they call their Manzai?

Is Sebastian's name changed?

Ring around the Roserade (I)

Is it just (I) or (Part I)?

No. I spelled it wrong. *fails at pokemon names* ewe;;

They don't really call themselves anything, but Pearl says "ok Dia, act stupid!"

And the Manzai is called a "comedy routine"

Sebastian is still Sebastian.

It's I.
just I.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Can you give us an example of a manzai joke in the Viz version? Like the one near the beginning, where Dia and his Munchlax are dressed up as Magikarps? (In the Chuang Yi version, Pearl says, "That's not red Gyarados! It's a bred Gyarados-to-be!!").
And what is the back cover like?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions.

ah. Ok.
But before I start, the act is called "the three Gyarados." They don't make a reference a red one though.
And Pearl's joke was supposed to be that when Dia and Lax jump out as Magikarp, he would say "I said THREE gyarados! Not Pre-Gyarados!"

lolipiece

Staff member
Is there any form of censorship?

Like Zubat wing...knife to the Windworks Managers neck?

Is it too much to ask to post of pic of it or something? Like the back? or even when Pearl names Chimler?

@Chamo

That's actually funny

Hydreigon

The Dark Dragon
Yes, could please post a scene from their comedy routine? That would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Whoa, that was fast.

^ Like a scan/pic or just dialogue?

EDIT: The zubat part wasn't censored (Unless there's something really minor I missed *shrug*)

I'll have a pic up soon. Wait a bit while I get medicine for a tooth ache. xnx

lolipiece

Staff member
Phew, my fear for the Ruby and Sapphire chapter is slightly less severe....

Oh and one last ques

Is Tru a spelling mistake you made? (No offense)

Because that sounds....a little odd...Tur would make more sense...but then again..it's Viz...

lolipiece

Staff member
Thanks!

I actually like the names

Hmm..I guess ...

Torahiko will become...Luxler or Rayler (Please be the latter)
Diguhiko will become Digler..
Zeruhiko will Builer or Zeller
and Tarohiko will be Tauler

Maxim

Beyond repair
Also, Dia and Pearl's idols - how they're named? They're "Masters Blue Sky Pippin and Purin" in CY version.

And family name Berlitz is Berlitz, right?

Also, a very minor thing - the foreman of Oreburgh Mine had a Psyduck nicknamed Yeller (Yellow in games, CY changed it for an obvious reason). How was this Psyduck nicknamed in Viz version?

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Thank you for all the lovely pics chamo-chan as well as the excellent previews. Our B&N bookstore has not got Adventures: DPPt (Vol 30) yet, just up to Vol 11 of the GSC chaps but they said it is coming in 2 wks here. Now I'm more excited thanever (Pre-Gyarados is a cute joke, tho I liked Chaungi Yi's "Carp Diem"/Seize the Magikarp line too). I spose the Extreme Luxio title is a pun on Platinum'swealth since Luxio attack/kidnaped her? "Bevy of Bidoof" & "Ring Around the Roserade" are my fave titles, I ttly failed at saying the Cranidos one. It's tricky lol

DanteKoriyu

Also, Dia and Pearl's idols - how they're named? They're "Masters Blue Sky Pippin and Purin" in CY version.

And family name Berlitz is Berlitz, right?

Also, a very minor thing - the foreman of Oreburgh Mine had a Psyduck nicknamed Yeller (Yellow in games, CY changed it for an obvious reason). How was this Psyduck nicknamed in Viz version?

Abbot Clef and Costello Jiggly, Berlitz, Yellow.

SmartD

The chapter titles are pretty good. And the scans are great too. I'm getting this volume once I saved enough money.

@ Dante: Yeah, those are the names. I hope that answers those questions Maxim.
(Dante, do you have that volume as well?)
I think they kept Psyduck's name as Yellow to be consistent with the game.

@ SmartD: I think Viz is improving. :3