• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Vol. 1: Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

JB2448

Slice of Pecan Pie
Can you post one of the chapter title pages, if you don't mind? Thanks :)!

Performance

The NutShack
Ooh, some good chapter titles. I'm gonna enjoy reading these chapters.
Some good artwork on them, from what I've seen in the pictures.
The panels look good as well.

DanteKoriyu

(Dante, do you have that volume as well?)
Yes.
Matter of fact, I recently received a lot of manga volumes that aren't due out till next month sometime...

My opinion, rather the stuff has been brought up before or not:
Overall I'm happy with the release. I'm a stickler for accurate translations, but only when translations truly matter. Changing the manzai to make sense in English is more than acceptable, as the comedy portion would mostly be lost if they didn't. Major characters should never receive name changes IMO (so the Green/Blue fiasco in the originals annoys me to no end, but nothing I can do.), but changing something like Dia and Pearl's manzai idols is insignificant to me. Any potential nickname changes never bug me either, because my mind doesn't acknowledge the nickname to begin with. When reading it, my mind auto-corrected "Chatler" into "Chatot". lol

Oh, and if there was any censorship art wise, I didn't notice, so it couldn't have been anything too important.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I love how it still says "The seventh chapter"

And one last thing

After the moments in the volume where Pearl (and later Dia) collapses

Platinum calls them the ultimate in toughness (Pearl) and Refinement (Dia)

What does she call them here?

Last edited:

JB2448

Slice of Pecan Pie
Oh, and one last thing from me, as well: I see the braille chapter titles in some of your pictures. Does it also still show "Pocket Monsters Special The Seventh-Chapter" in all of them?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Thanks for posting pictures! I saw all of them and I liked what I saw. The chapter titles are also pretty good compared to those used in the past. I'm impressed with Viz, actually. The Viz edition of Pokemon Adventures D/P/Pt just looks so amazing, and I'm actually sort of jealous that you already have your copy lol. I tried going out to my local bookstore to see if they had it yet, but I couldn't go out due to the weather. Anyway, I'm hoping to go out next weekend to see if the volume is instock :3

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The Volume comes out public on March 1st. That's what I was told when I asked. So far the volume looks good. I am also jealous you have your copy early but thanks a bunch for uploading the screens for us. I look forward to buying this one for sure. I doubt there will be much censorship in the DP chapter it's the RS chapter's we have to wonder about. Does it really still say the seventh chapter? Either way I'm so glad there doing DP's chapter early.

DanteKoriyu

I love how it still says "The seventh chapter"

And one last thing

After the moments in the volume where Pearl (and later Dia) collapses

Platinum calls them the ultimate in toughness (Pearl) and Refinement (Dia)

What does she call them here?
I posted the last two speech bubbles on the page, which contain what you wanted...I think. lol

"He's so...tough! Harder than and stone!" (Pearl collapsed.)

"He's full of good intentions and kind thoughts. You might even say he's...a pearl of wisdom" (Diamond collapsed.)

Aquarelle

Staff member
I posted the last two speech bubbles on the page, which contain what you wanted...I think. lol

"He's so...tough! Harder than and stone!" (Pearl collapsed.)

"He's full of good intentions and kind thoughts. You might even say he's...a pearl of wisdom" (Diamond collapsed.)

That's interesting to know. I like what the Chuang Yi version said better, but this one makes it more clear what Platinum's talking about, IMO (because I'm sure many people who read the CY version wouldn't get that "refinement" has to do with pearls).

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
I have only three questions, since you already answered most of them and I'll just get my volume in a few days anyway.
Question 1: Was this scene edited any? http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/1dbad/pkm30_164.jpg Sorry for just including the whole page, but don't have time to crop it.
Question 2: Who is the translator and who is the editor in the volume credits?
Question 3: Were the bodyguards referred to by name, and if so what are their names in Viz's version? :3

And I believe that's it. :3

lolipiece

Staff member
I have only three questions, since you already answered most of them and I'll just get my volume in a few days anyway.
Question 1: Was this scene edited any? http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/1dbad/pkm30_164.jpg Sorry for just including the whole page, but don't have time to crop it.
Question 3: Were the bodyguards referred to by name, and if so what are their names in Viz's version? :3

Why would they cu....*looks again*...oh god

e9310103838

Because Mars......? lol

Bodyguards' name referred in Vol.31.;428;

Oh, and one last thing from me, as well: I see the braille chapter titles in some of your pictures. Does it also still show "Pocket Monsters Special The Seventh-Chapter" in all of them?
It has the braille words, but it doesn't say pocket monsters special the seventh chapter.

1. No. I don't see why it should be edited. :/
2. Translator is Katherine Schilling, Editor is Annette Roman.
3. They weren't referred to by names.

•u•

e9310103838

We will have a gambling content in Vol.3 (32).

Although it also has initiates the young people not to want gambling the meaning......

Well...... ;334;

lolipiece

Staff member
He's talking about Mar's.*ahem*..assets.....

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Why would they cu....*looks again*...oh god
At least someone gets it.

He's talking about Mar's.*ahem*..assets.....
Exactly. Thanks for explaining it. (I figured I would need to, but since I was rushed I wasn't able to explain it like I wanted.)

Because Mars......? lol

Bodyguards' name referred in Vol.31.;428;
Look at her chest. The way the light is on her silhouette her bust is accentuated, and since Viz has been so touchy about breasts and sexuality I thought it could have possibly been edited. Wasn't 100% expecting it, but then again Viz DID edit a minor slap, so you never know...

It has the braille words, but it doesn't say pocket monsters special the seventh chapter.

1. No. I don't see why it should be edited. :/
2. Translator is Katherine Schilling, Editor is Annette Roman.
3. They weren't referred to by names.

•u•
Huh. I didn't think it did from the pictures you posted, but glad to have confirmation. Guess they thought it saying Pocket Monsters Special might confuse fans reading it as Pokemon Adventures? :p

1. Thanks. And well -- look at her chest. The way the light is on her silhouette her bust is accentuated, and since Viz has been so touchy about boobs and sexuality I thought it could have possibly been edited. Wasn't 100% expecting it, but then again Viz DID edit a minor slap (which I never expected), so you never know... (sorry for repeating what I said above) It wasn't because I wanted it edited because I don't (I don't want ANYTHING edited), but I was just going off Viz's past edits with the manga and similar things they might cut in the future.
2. Interesting -- a different translator but the same editor who cut the Crys' mom slap and Pokeboobs. Guess we don't have to worry about everything after all, thank goodness. I will still remain somewhat wary of any volume she edits though. (in case you don't know, the editor is the person in charge of what gets censored image and dialogue-wise in manga)
3. Ah, thank you. I didn't remember if they were or not, which was why I asked. (and since I was rushed, I didn't have time to check ^^; )

Thanks for all the answers, pictures and help though. ^^ I really appreciate it.

I don't see how they would cut out that scene. There's nothing wrong. Also, looking forward to the manga.
They wouldn't have to cut the scene -- just edit it. It would be very simple too -- just color it in a bit. Heck, I can do it perfectly with Paint myself: http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/1dbad/pkm30_164-1.jpg And as for the nothing wrong thing -- technically they could say there is. Look at her chest. The way the light is on her silhouette her bust is accentuated, and since Viz has been so touchy about boobs and sexuality I thought it could have possibly been edited. I wasn't 100% expecting it, but then again Viz DID edit a minor slap which I never thought would be edited, so you never know with them... (sorry for repeating this a third and final time, lol)

And I'm looking forward to it too. :) I'm pretty impressed since it sounds like Viz did a really great job with the first DP volume, so I plan to buy it as soon as it's out here.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I didn't think they would edit that. In volume 3 of PokeSpecial they cut out Blue/Green's boob trick but they left in the part where she's taunting Sabrina and sticking out her chest and you clearly see her round boobs (Even though there really poke balls in disguise it still looks pretty accurate especially since the boob trick was removed so in the Viz kid version we're to believe a eleven year old really has boobs of that size) but from what I've herd viz did a good job on this volume so I can't wait to get my copy of it. As I said I doubt DP will get any real censorship.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Yeah, it's not changed at all.