• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Vol. 1: Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

Found the volume at the Barnes N Noble, and I'm rather pleased with this translation. They did a good job with the manzai. The only things that were edited were Japanese text and words, like the Hotel Jubilife.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
I didn't think they would edit that. In volume 3 of PokeSpecial they cut out Blue/Green's boob trick but they left in the part where she's taunting Sabrina and sticking out her chest and you clearly see her round boobs (Even though there really poke balls in disguise it still looks pretty accurate especially since the boob trick was removed so in the Viz kid version we're to believe a eleven year old really has boobs of that size) but from what I've herd viz did a good job on this volume so I can't wait to get my copy of it. As I said I doubt DP will get any real censorship.
I didn't think they would, but I did think it could be a small possibility. I mean they edited Crys' mother's slap and I never thought they would. Plus Viz has proven to me it can be quite odd at times with their edits with quite a few mangas of theirs I've read. But, like I said I didn't really think it would happen and I'm glad to hear they didn't. :) To be honest I would have never asked the question in the first place had I been able to get the volume as early as chamo-chan did, haha.
And huh, I had forgotten about them leaving Blue's boobs big in that one panel. Had I remembered that I think I would have been even less worried than I already was. (which says something) Speaking of which, I just remembered they also left Claire's tight outfit the same too. I really did have nothing to worry about, lol.

Yeah, it's not changed at all.
Thanks for the confirmation. :) Didn't think it would be but never know.

I really don't think we have any real edits to worry about for the DP arc, at least for the most part. I think the biggest worries we have is for the Ruby/Sapphire arc, and a couple of parts in GSC and FRLG. Emerald and DP should be fine.

Found the volume at the Barnes N Noble, and I'm rather pleased with this translation. They did a good job with the manzai. The only things that were edited were Japanese text and words, like the Hotel Jubilife.
Oh it's already out? That's good to know, I'll have to drop by my closest Barnes and Noble when I get a chance then. And I'm pretty excited to see this translation everyone is raving about. Seems pretty good from what I've seen in the thread too. And I'm still so happy to hear that they decided to change it to the "Diamond, Pearl and Platinum" arc at the last minute and still refer to it as "The Seventh Chapter/Diamond" and Pearl chapter in the actual volume as well. :)

The edit on the Japanese texts on buildings and what not doesn't really surprise me too much either. So I'm guessing the hotel is still Hotel Jubilife?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Since @MiGo can't find this. I'll just bring it back.

I can do that, right?