• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Volume 12 (Viz)

Maxim

Beyond repair
Comes in two days, so someone might have it.

Not many names this time. There's Gold's Mantine of course, who's probably going to be Manbo.

Also, there are Super Nerd William and Camper Phil. What are their Viz names?

There's also poor Ryo, whose name Viz can't decide on. He was Al in Vol. 10 but Ryu in Vol. 11. I personally prefer Al, as it's true to CY version and there was another character named Ryu in this manga (Clair's disciple, appears briefly in Volume 10).

Also, chapter list, that'd be appreciated too.

Any screw-ups this time?

Discuss.

EDIT: God. Those damn spambots invade even normal threads now.

Last edited:
I noticed that error in Vol. 11 (Well...I didn't notice it until a few weeks ago. 8l )

Anyway, I checked the tracking number on my order. I should have it by tomorrow maybe. If I can get pics and if I have internet tomorrow, I'll post about stuff.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Just got my copy yesterday at the closes bookstore that sells the current issues.First of all on the Viz stuff, Super Nerd William`s name is Miles and Camper Phil is Jr. Trainer Evan.The chapters of this volume is as the following in the Viz print.

Round 143:Irked Igglybuff and Curmudgeonly Cleffa
Round 144:Savvy Swinub
Round 145:Sandslash Surprise
Rounds 146 -148:Lively Lugia
Round 149:Curious Kingdra
Round150:Chinchou in Charge
Round 151:Lovely Lanturn
Round 152:Buzz Off, Butterfree
Round 153:Oh, It`s Ho-Oh
Round 154:Yikes, It`s Yanma

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
CURMUDGEONLY!?

OK VIZ, that is trying too hard!

Ok a few things

What is Gold's Mantine's nickname?

About Lively Lugia chapters....are they written like Lively Lugia (I) or something like that? (a picture maybe?)

Anything cut or changed?

Last edited:

JB2448

Slice of Pecan Pie
A four-syllable word whose closest relative is cantankerous? Words beyond three syllables shouldn't even be in a chapter title for a full-on novel, let alone a manga seemingly deemed for children (emphasis via italicization)!

I swear, if Viz doesn't adopt the "Vs. Pokémon" chapter title structure like Chuang Yi (at least they gave up on their awful chapter titles) and every other publisher of this manga has soon, I am going to cry.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
To answers the questions above,The Lively Lugia chapters are written like Lively Lugia (Part 1) all the way to part 3.There is a photo to back up how the Lively Lugia parts are written up in the bottom of this post.Gold`s Mantine`s nickname wasn`t told unless the part were Gold said "Quick! Veer Right..." on the first part of round 148 was were it was or not.But just a fandom guess here,I think that when it is revealed what Mantine`s name it might be Manbo.The nickname that was just stated before is just my guess on what it will be.And about any changes,I haven`t noticed any just yet.

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
My Borders never has it. So I guess it's time to risk my house, life savings, and social security number aannndd...SHOP ONLINE? I can't WAIT to risk living on the streets :)

But yeah, the cover looks awesome.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Lol don't make shopping online sound so scary. I had to use Amazon to get my copy of volume 12. I've been busy so I haven't actually got a chance to read it yet.

Borders isn't doing to well right now. The one near me has nothing pass volume 10 so I was kind of forced to use Amazon as a shortcut.

Rex Kamex

I swear, if Viz doesn't adopt the "Vs. Pokémon" chapter title structure like Chuang Yi (at least they gave up on their awful chapter titles) and every other publisher of this manga has soon, I am going to cry.

Considering all the past volumes, Viz definitely have no intention of doing so.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
My Borders never has it. So I guess it's time to risk my house, life savings, and social security number aannndd...SHOP ONLINE? I can't WAIT to risk living on the streets :)

But yeah, the cover looks awesome.

You can always special order it, you know.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Online shopping really isn't that bad. I do it all the time and I love it actually, plus if you order right you can get things really cheap and/or in really good quality.

I'm really glad to hear that this volume (most likely) doesn't have any censorship though. :) I didn't expect it would (since the only GSC volumes left that'll have censorship will most likely just be 13 and 15), but it's nice to know it (most likely) doesn't. I'll need to get it when I get a chance.

Borders isn't doing to well right now. The one near me has nothing pass volume 10 so I was kind of forced to use Amazon as a shortcut.
I've heard about that, sadly. :( I've heard it might even go out of business, which would be a shame since I really like it. (although I don't get to shop at it too often, sadly)

Considering all the past volumes, Viz definitely have no intention of doing so.
I hate to say it, but I have to agree. :( I wondered if they would possibly not use punny titles for the DP volumes, but they ended up doing it anyway (which actually slightly surprised me) so I'm pretty sure they're bound to stay. Who really knows though; Viz has only translated 13 volumes total so far and they still have 25 more to go, so who knows what'll happen between now and then. Especially since the volumes won't end at that point, we'll still be getting Special volumes for a long, long time, and they'll eventually have to run out of punny nicknames. ;P

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That's mainly because Borders is in a financial bind. Many Borders are closing up. The one's that are open probably aren't getting many lesser know books/mangas hence the lack of PokeSpecial/Adventures they have. Barnes and Noble is still getting new ones.

Simply remarkable to hear about the volume. Also, anybody hyped in about half a year from now the RS arc will come to the states? Looking up bulbapedia and seeing volume 14 ( One with all the dex holders on the cover ) looks compelling! It was just a year ago ( almost ) when we started GSC. Also, why is Borders closing?

lolipiece

Staff member
Welp, a few more questions...sorry if I'm bothering

1. What are the nicknames of Whitney's Igglybuff and Cleffa?
2. What did the director call Pryce? (In the Chuang Yi version it was Pryce of Eternal Ice Walls
3. In Lugia Lively (Part I) Crystal called Gold and Silver punks in the Chuang Yi version. What did she call them here? (Because "punks" sounded awkward)
4. Lt. Surge named Aero Blast, but gave it a name before that. In the Chuang Yi version it was "Blasting breath" what was it here?
5. Gold calls Crystal "super serious gal" in the Chuang Yi version. What is it in here?
6. Al or Ryu? What is he called in this volume?

^
1. Buff Buff and Clef Clef
2. It's the same, except he calls him Master of the Eternal Ice Walls. :U
3. she calls them delinquents.
4. he just calls it a blast of air.
5. Miss Prissy (I lol'd)
6. Al.

I hope that answers your questions. :U

lolipiece

Staff member
1. Sort of expected.
2. Sounds better
3. Thank you, Viz
4. Well, Blasting Breath sounded stupid anyway
5. *Gigglesnort*
6. Ok! Make up your minds people. Guess Al is official

Thank you

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
The volume definitely sounds awesome. I'm so getting it as soon as I get a chance; I need to go to the bookstore anyway this month to pick up another volume of a series I buy that gets released bi-monthly.

One more question though -- what do Kusaka and Yamamoto's author notes say this volume? :3 I know what they said in Chuang Yi's but I'm just curious how Viz translated them.

Maxim

Beyond repair

Such a relief!

Also, I think that Coronis should start using Viz nicknames. I can see why he refused CY names but there's absolutely no reason for him to refuse Viz names. It's like refusing English names from the games or the anime for some self-made nicknames. It doesn't work on a serious website.

And, from what I can see, the popularity of Coronis's nicknames is declining. More people use Sird than "Storc", preferring CY (or, when possible Viz) translations. When Viz releases Hoenn Saga, no one will remember who "Hank" or "Sean" was, most likely.

Last edited:

Porygandrew

And, from what I can see, the popularity of Coronis's nicknames is declining. More people use Sird than "Storc", preferring CY (or, when possible Viz) translations.
You have to admit, though, Coronis' reasoning for naming the Beast Warrior Trio what (s)he did (o_O?) did make sense.

Just got my copy of 12 and I love the very first meeting of the pokedex holders XD

Maxim

Beyond repair
You have to admit, though, Coronis' reasoning for naming the Beast Warrior Trio what (s)he did (o_O?) did make sense.

Of course.
I never said that his naming wasn't clever.

Also, Coronis is a he.