• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Volume 13 and Platinum (DP) Volume 2 Announced!

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Pokemon Adventures Volumes 13, 14 and Platinum (DP) Volume 2 Announced!

I hope it isn't too early to already be announcing this, but I found it exciting news and thought I'd go ahead and share.

According to animenewsnetwork, and further confirmed by pre-order options for it on Barnes&Noble's website and a few other online book retailers, Pokemon Adventures Volume 13 and DP Volume 31 (aka Platinum volume 2 in Viz's release) are officially announced for release on June 7th of next year. We don't have the covers or the back summaries yet though. We should at least be getting the covers soon too, so I'll be sure to update when they come out if someone won't already beat me to it when they do, lol.

So that's pretty good to know. I knew some of you guys who were worried they might stop again would find this comforting. (told you guys it was selling well enough to stay this time and that they were planning to catch up!) I was already expecting volume 13 and was hoping we'd be getting more announcements soon, but it's nice to finally know about them. I'm quite excited about the info of another DP release as well, since compared to G/S/C's two volumes scheduled for next year DP only had one announced. So it's good to be knowing we'll at least be getting two next year, if not three. If I'm calculating this right...excluding February and June (the months the volumes will be released), that's three months right? So maybe instead of only 2 volumes a year like some other series, we'll be getting one every three months like in Japan? That's cool. That would mean we'd be getting 4 DP volumes a year then, and 6 more volumes from the other Special release, equaling a total of 10 volumes released every year. If that really is the case we should be catching up in no time!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The mere fact that we're getting closer to finally having an official RS manga adaptation makes me shiver with anticipation. I was worried that Viz would stop translating volumes once the GSC arc ended, but it looks like it's full steam ahead after all. I really cannot wait and I'm glad that Viz seems to be pushing the Pokemon Special manga faster than usual. Anyway, here's to volume 13! Keep up the good work Viz!

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Don't get me wrong guys, I'm very excited for us to get on Ruby/Sapphire and finish Gold/Silver/Crystal as well, but am I the only one excited for future DP releases too? Lol. I love the DP arc and really enjoyed Chuang Yi's version, so I'm definitely looking forward to Viz's since it'll retain the right-to-left artwork. I'm also curious of what Dia and Pearl's Pokemon nicknames will be; and kind of hoping Viz will use "Little Miss", "Young Miss", or "The Lady" for Platinum/Platina's alias instead of "Missy" like Chuang Yi did.

Huh, I was just checking to see if volume 11, 12 or 30 got their back summary yet (they haven't) and I just noticed something. Volume 11 and 12 still have the same date, but they changed the release date for Pokemon Adventures Platinum volume 1 (aka DP volume 30). =3 Instead of February 1st like with Volume 11, it's now March 1, 2011. Huh. Interesting. The good news though is that means there is only two months inbetween it and June, which means we should be getting four volumes a year, instead of 3, like I originally predicted. This means DP's side will have the same release schedule as Japan, which is pretty cool. This also means we'll be up to volume 16 of R/S, and volume 33 of DP, by the end of the year. Cool!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Your not the only one excited for the future DP release. While I'm very excited for R/S and the final for GSC, I am also excited for the DP chapter's as I found them to be the funniest of the series comedy wise. Compared to R/S and GSC it wasn't as extreme in term's of overall epicness and battle's but DP had the funniest chemistry and some of the most bizarre situation's that I can't wait to purchase them. I love Dia, Pearl and there stuck up 'Lady' and I can't wait to see how VizKids translate there jokes and what they call Platina until she reveals her name. Hope it's better then Missy, little miss sounds much cuter.

I'm so glad the Manga's still continuing. We'll be on R/S by the end of the year at the rate we're going, and the awesome FrLg arc after that. Good job VizKids even if your probably going to cut Gold patting Blue on the butt.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm also excited about the future Viz release of Pokemon Special DP of course, however, I'm just naturally more interested in the RS storyarc since it's the first Pokemon Special storyarc I ever read. I like Chuang Yi's DP manga translation a lot too, so I'm also a bit curious about how Viz will handle the nicknames for Dia and Pearl's Pokemon. As for Platina, I'm sure Viz will come up with something. It might be a little corny but oh well :3

Last edited:
There's already going to be a 13th volume at some point? Nice! Didn't think they'd plan so far ahead!

And another Diamond and Pearl volume? I thought volume 8 was the last one?

Unless I don't have the facts straight, and I'm missing something?

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Glad I'm not the only one excited then. :)
While I'm very excited for R/S and the final for GSC, I am also excited for the DP chapter's as I found them to be the funniest of the series comedy wise. Compared to R/S and GSC it wasn't as extreme in term's of overall epicness and battle's but DP had the funniest chemistry and some of the most bizarre situation's that I can't wait to purchase them. I love Dia, Pearl and there stuck up 'Lady' and I can't wait to see how VizKids translate there jokes and what they call Platina until she reveals her name. Hope it's better then Missy, little miss sounds much cuter.

Good job VizKids even if your probably going to cut Gold patting Blue on the butt.
I agree, DP's chapters are just too funny and they can get themselves into some of the most bizarre situations ever, lol. It also still has it's epic moments and one thing I liked about it, is though it still has good battles, it also has very interesting ones as well. Like Platinum's Gym Battle against Fantina, and how she had to fight her illusions as well as her Pokemon. And like you said I also just love all three characters and their chemistry, they have such a special and powerful bond. It's very heartwarming. And oh yeah, I can't wait to see how VizKids translates their jokes as well! I'm actually hoping it's Little Miss as well. As long as it's not Missy I'll be good though, lol. Don't get me wrong, I really do love Chuang Yi too, but I don't like Missy at all. To me it sounds more like a....fat cat name or what a father/mother would say to their misbehaving daughter. XD Just not pleasant at all in my opinion; nor fitting of the classy and intelligent Miss Berlitz.

You never know, they might possibly slip that in. :3 Guess we'll see.

I'm also excited about the future Viz release of Pokemon Special DP of course, however, I'm just naturally more interested in the RS storyarc since it's the first Pokemon Special storyarc I ever read. I like Chuang Yi's DP manga translation a lot too, so I'm also a bit curious about how Viz will handle the nicknames for Dia and Pearl's Pokemon. As for Platina, I'm sure Viz will come up with something. It might be a little corny but oh well :3
RS was your first Pokemon Special storyarc you ever read too? Cool! =D I dunno, when I finally was able to get ahold of the series I was just drawn to it for some reason, so I ended up reading it first as well. It's what got me hooked to the series. <3 I definitely lucked out though since that's one of the few arcs you can read without past arc spoilers, lol. Yeah, Chuang Yi has really done a pretty great job on Special too. I think Dia might luck out and keep his Pokemon's nicknames, since they are a pretty easy to follow pattern once you change their names to their English ones. Pearl I dunno, they could go the Chuang Yi road (ex: Chimhiko), the Coronis road (Chimlord) or maybe even a brand new one. Guess we'll see. And I'm sure Viz will as well. :3 Well, nothing can be worse than Missy, I do believe. xDDD;;

There's already going to be a 13th volume at some point? Nice! Didn't think they'd plan so far ahead!

Yep! =D Well apparently Special is doing pretty well, so they are already announcing future volumes for next year. And with 36 (soon to be 37) volumes out in Japan, Viz still has quite a few volumes to go before catching up.

Huh? This is for Pokemon Special/Adventures, not Diamond and Pearl Adventure!. =o Or do you mean volume 8 as in how Japanese volume 38 should be the last volume of the DP arc? If so volume 38 should be, but that's still not what we're talking about here either. Special/Adventures has a DP arc and we're talking about how Viz is releasing the first two volumes of it next year. (they'll also probably release volumes 32 and 33 next year too)

Last edited:

Darkxninga

Volume 2 of DP already o_0!?!? man time is flyin and soon before you know it....it's time for the english 3DS and pokemon black and white baby! Anyways, i still think it'd be better for them to do in order and have 2 of the next volumes for released instead of the next arc but it's all okay. ^^ at least the people who are buying it finally get to see it sooner than they thought! I cant wait to hear how they translate the jokes and see if Platinum is called "Lady/Miss" berlitz in the viz version. And hey, volume 13.... (counts with fingers) 1....4.... .1..5.. o.o they're not too far from the RSE arcs!

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm very excited for us to get on Ruby/Sapphire and finish Gold/Silver/Crystal as well, but am I the only one excited for future DP releases too? Lol. I love the DP arc and really enjoyed Chuang Yi's version, so I'm definitely looking forward to Viz's since it'll retain the right-to-left artwork. I'm also curious of what Dia and Pearl's Pokemon nicknames will be; and kind of hoping Viz will use "Little Miss", "Young Miss", or "The Lady" for Platinum/Platina's alias instead of "Missy" like Chuang Yi did.

Huh, I was just checking to see if volume 11, 12 or 30 got their back summary yet (they haven't) and I just noticed something. Volume 11 and 12 still have the same date, but they changed the release date for Pokemon Adventures Platinum volume 1 (aka DP volume 30). =3 Instead of February 1st like with Volume 11, it's now March 1, 2011. Huh. Interesting. The good news though is that means there is only two months inbetween it and June, which means we should be getting four volumes a year, instead of 3, like I originally predicted. This means DP's side will have the same release schedule as Japan, which is pretty cool. This also means we'll be up to volume 16 of R/S, and volume 33 of DP, by the end of the year. Cool!
Awwww Yeah. B3 . Things are looking up. I'm excited for the D/P arc release too. ;w; (although, I did kinda like the "Missy" alias...)

O: If one part is being released February/April/June...and the other is March/May/July...o3o we will catch up pretty fast.

No no no. You are thinking about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, a manga by Shigetesu Ihara. (crap, I hope I spelled his name right. D: )
I guess it's an easy mistake to make, since the english name for Pocket Monsters Special is Pokemon Adventures
Volume 2 of DP already o_0!?!? man time is flyin and soon before you know it....it's time for the english 3DS and pokemon black and white baby! Anyways, i still think it'd be better for them to do in order and have 2 of the next volumes for released instead of the next arc but it's all okay. ^^ at least the people who are buying it finally get to see it sooner than they thought! I cant wait to hear how they translate the jokes and see if Platinum is called "Lady/Miss" berlitz in the viz version. And hey, volume 13.... (counts with fingers) 1....4.... .1..5.. o.o they're not too far from the RSE arcs!
Nope. Only 2 volumes to go~ (even though volume 15 has the end of the G/S/C arc, and the start of the R/S arc.)

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
once I can afford to buy manga again, I'll definitely catch up on my pokemon manga. Right now I only have the 2 best of volumes and volume 3 for Special, the 1st volume of DPA, the movie manga for the darkrai movie, and ginji's rescue team.

I love that pokemon manga is so cheap though I swear it's only like, $8 when manga usually goes for $10.

Since I'm a huge fan of GSC I'm definitely looking forward to actually being able to read that arc. I just hope they don't cancel it at some random volume if the number of people buying gets too low. It would really suck if they ended it after Ruby/Sapphire or something.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Yep! ^^ And by the end of 2011 we should be up to volume 33. >:] To be honest I'm glad, I didn't want us to have to wait forever for DP volumes. xD But yeah, time sure is flying! ^^ But yeah I still agree. I think that'd be better because it'd all still be in order and that way we'd get through all the arcs faster. Ah well. But yeah exactly! I can't wait either, I hope the jokes are still just as hilarious! =] I hope Platinum will be called "Lady/Miss" Berlitz in the Viz version, that'd be so cool. ^^ But yeah exactly! =D We should be to the end of GSC and the start of R/S by October 2011. ^^ At this rate we'll be caught up in no time!

Awwww Yeah. B3 . Things are looking up. I'm excited for the D/P arc release too. ;w; (although, I did kinda like the "Missy" alias...)

O: If one part is being released February/April/June...and the other is March/May/July...o3o we will catch up pretty fast.

I guess it's an easy mistake to make, since the english name for Pocket Monsters Special is Pokemon Adventures
I'm glad I'm not the only one excited for the D/P arc release. ^^ B3 Things really are! And really? o_O xD I guess it isn't so bad -- I honestly didn't mind it in Chuang Yi's version since they do such a good job. I just like some of the other alias they could use better though, and if Viz is making a version too I hope they'll at least use one of those instead to be different. =D

I know! o3o Ten volumes a year when you total up the volumes we'll get from both sides. (6 on the side focusing on the older arcs, 4 on the D/P side) That means that by February 2014 we'll be caught up with everything up to Emerald, and we should be caught up to Japan's current 36/37 by sometime in 2012. Only down side is no telling how many more volumes Japan will have by then though. ;w; With four volumes a year, in 2014 there will be at least 16 new volumes by then. O___O; And sometimes Japan releases more than that in a year so....woah.

Yeahh. I believe that's why they also named the DP arc Platinum here, to avoid confusion. I kind of wish they hadn't though since there will also be a Platinum arc, meaning Viz's Platinum arc will be one long-butt arc. xDDD;; I kind of wish to avoid any trouble they would have just called it 'Pokemon Special' here, but they had to stay consistent to the original name they used. =3 (I like 'Adventures' too though) I still agree with popular vote though that I wish they would have just did two new volumes of the same arc at once so we'd get through ALL the arcs quicker, and so 'Platinum' (DP) could have still at least been volume 30 of the same series here. Ah well though. It's a bunch of volumes of a manga I love and means we will get caught up quicker, so I guess I can't really complain.

once I can afford to buy manga again, I'll definitely catch up on my pokemon manga. Right now I only have the 2 best of volumes and volume 3 for Special, the 1st volume of DPA, the movie manga for the darkrai movie, and ginji's rescue team.

I love that pokemon manga is so cheap though I swear it's only like, $8 when manga usually goes for $10.

Since I'm a huge fan of GSC I'm definitely looking forward to actually being able to read that arc. I just hope they don't cancel it at some random volume if the number of people buying gets too low. It would really suck if they ended it after Ruby/Sapphire or something.
Hey, you have more than me of Viz's Pokemon manga releases. xD So you should still be glad about that! Plus another good way to look at it is, once you catch up, you'll have tons of new volumes to get of everything too. :) (I can see how that'd be a bad thing money-wise though, but at least they're cheap XDDDDDDDD)

I love it too! =3 The Pokemon manga is very cheap, even cheaper online. (I believe you can buy NEW volumes online for as cheap as $4-5) Chuang Yi's version is cheap too just like Viz's, I believe they both cost $8. The only reason it seems pricier is a lot of people like to overcharge for the shipping. >w< Although, $10 for manga, really? o_O All the series I still buy online cost me $8-9 at the bookstore, which isn't that much over. =o

Yeah, GSC definitely seems to be everyone's favorite arc, or at least one of, and I can definitely see why. You haven't read it though? =o That's odd, I and a lot of other people seem to have read everything up to DP at least. xDDD;;; Although granted if you don't buy Chuang Yi's version or read it online it is understandable though. Well honestly if that did happen I'd still just be happy they managed to even get that far this time around, and we would still always have Chuang Yi's versions/internet. =3 But the good news is, like I have been trying to tell everyone, I'm pretty sure the fact they are already announcing tons of volumes for next year, even starting another release of it for DP, says that not only do they plan to stick with and catch up with Special, but that the number of sales are so great they can already announce tons of future volumes. So as I have said many times before -- I don't think you guys have anything to worry about. :)

blob

I don't think you guys have anything to worry about. :)

But I do!
When Viz catches up, Chuang Yi's sales will go down, and I'll have to buy the ugly cover, no nick-name, bad jokes, made up summery version! :S
What's worse, is that if I don't buy the Viz version, and I read the comics online, they'll have the Viz version online instead of a fan translation! (Yes, I'd rather read a fan translation than an ikky Viz version).

SmartD

Cool, we're almost near the R/S arc. The dates for the Platinum manga are changed, though, it's completely against what I thought. At least it's still coming out, I should be looking foward to that.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
But I do!
When Viz catches up, Chuang Yi's sales will go down, and I'll have to buy the ugly cover, no nick-name, bad jokes, made up summery version! :S
What's worse, is that if I don't buy the Viz version, and I read the comics online, they'll have the Viz version online instead of a fan translation! (Yes, I'd rather read a fan translation than an ikky Viz version).
I was just saying Viz's fans don't have anything to worry about. XDDDDDDDD
But I don't think so. :3 People still seem pretty mixed, and there are still plenty of people in Singapore buying them, so I think Chuang Yi's versions will still be fine and popular as well. But I also don't think Viz's version will be doing bad enough to quit again either. I think both versions will continue running. And on the slight bright side -- Viz started adding nicknames in GSC for Gold (and most likely Crystal), and on the side that's releasing 'Platinum' (Japanese DP), they are actually keeping the Japanese cover just with the English logo and VizKids logo on it.
I wouldn't worry about online. For every volume almost they have the Chuang Yi version, and all the people who put it up online seem to prefer their version as well. So I'm sure they'll still put their version online. And as for the new volumes, every volume of the series from now on will be scanlations, or fan translations, so you should still be good. :3

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
But I do!

you obviously haven't read either one enough

no nicknames?

Yellow nicknamed ALL her Pokemon in the Yellow chapter
and so did Gold and Red's Pokemon weren't nicknamed in the original RGB chapter of the manga (japanese verision) fyi
there are fan translations of the RGBY and volume 8
bad jokes? the Chuang yi jokes are horrible too..even worse than viz

Darkxninga

im just curious, do you know the jokes from both viz and CY (an example). i wanna know how their jokes are different ^^ if you can!

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince

no nicknames?

and so did Gold and Red's Pokemon weren't nicknamed in the original RGB chapter of the manga (japanese verision) fyi
Were Red's Pokemon really not nicknamed in RBG? =o I thought they were in RBG, but I thought the reason Viz didn't give him nicknames this time around (besides Vee in GSC and occasionally Pika) was because they were trying to stay consistent to their original Pokemon Adventures release, which only had Pika having a nickname occasionally. It would also explain why Blue's (girl) Pokemon don't have nicknames and why they still have Green as the girl and Blue as the guy. =3
While true that Chuang Yi jokes are bad too, they don't tend to use them as much as Viz did. =3 Then again I'm not completely familiar with their new GSC arc volumes so I don't know if they still use jokes or puns or not (aside from chapter titles), because from everything I've seen and heard they haven't.

blob

no nicknames?

What bad jokes? The only bad jokes I remember for the Chuang Yi version, are the Viz chapter titles.

The reason why I'm worried about Viz release scanlations, is because when Viz do catch up, they'll probably release a new Volume within a month of release in Japan, and it takes ages for Scanlations. (About 4 months).