• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Volume 13 and Platinum (DP) Volume 2 Announced!

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Okay guys, I'm here with another update! Sadly we don't have the volume covers for the new volumes yet, but just today the volumes were finally added to Amazon as well, so we should be getting them soon. As for the other (and much bigger) good news, Pokemon Adventures Vol. 14 has been announced as well!~
"Pokemon Adventures Vol. 14 (Manga) [Street Date: 8/2/2011]"

So that's exciting news as well. Man, I can't wait to see the new cover for it, since that's one of my favorite volume covers. And, if done right, it can be absolutely aaaaaammmmmaaaazzzzziiinnnnggggg. The only odd thing is I didn't see a Platinum (DP) volume 3 announcement on that site, but I was tired and skimming through it so I might have missed something. (heck, I only noticed 14 by sheer accident) But hopefully it will be announced as well, and here's hoping we get the new volume covers soon. <3
What bad jokes? The only bad jokes I remember for the Chuang Yi version, are the Viz chapter titles.

The reason why I'm worried about Viz release scanlations, is because when Viz do catch up, they'll probably release a new Volume within a month of release in Japan, and it takes ages for Scanlations. (About 4 months).
I believe Chuang Yi used a couple more titles in the style of Viz but not so good, but they only did it for a short while. Now all their titles are just VS titles just like the Japanese.

Well, the good news is Viz is still far away from catching up. It won't be 'til 2014 that they are caught up with all 36/37 of Japan's current volumes, and by then no telling how many more Japan will have. So it'll still be quite a while yet. On the bright side though, scanlations don't really take that long, I remember one who is able to get a volume done within usually a month. The only thing that takes a while is for him to order a volume and for it to come in (usually takes a couple weeks) but after that he's usually good. So, I still don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Viz is moving quite fast. I think releasing DP with the regular series is a silly idea, but...
How is Viz's DP volumes looking in terms of quality?

^Wait, that long despite doing two "series" side by side? It's seems like they'll be catching up by next year or something. I hope Viz speediness doesn't effect Japan's as I want my volumes to be next to perfection~

blob

I believe Chuang Yi used a couple more titles in the style of Viz but not so good, but they only did it for a short while. Now all their titles are just VS titles just like the Japanese.

I meant other than the Titles. Oh, and "leave 'em there town".

SmartD

Okay guys, I'm here with another update! Sadly we don't have the volume covers for the new volumes yet, but just today the volumes were finally added to Amazon as well, so we should be getting them soon. As for the other (and much bigger) good news, Pokemon Adventures Vol. 14 has been announced as well!~
"Pokemon Adventures Vol. 14 (Manga) [Street Date: 8/2/2011]"

So that's exciting news as well. Man, I can't wait to see the new cover for it, since that's one of my favorite volume covers. And, if done right, it can be absolutely aaaaaammmmmaaaazzzzziiinnnnggggg. The only odd thing is I didn't see a Platinum (DP) volume 3 announcement on that site, but I was tired and skimming through it so I might have missed something. (heck, I only noticed 14 by sheer accident) But hopefully it will be announced as well, and here's hoping we get the new volume covers soon. <3

Cool. I'm looking foward to that.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Viz is moving quite fast. I think releasing DP with the regular series is a silly idea, but...
How is Viz's DP volumes looking in terms of quality?

^Wait, that long despite doing two "series" side by side? It's seems like they'll be catching up by next year or something. I hope Viz speediness doesn't effect Japan's as I want my volumes to be next to perfection~
They really are. They are quite determined to catch up this time it seems, and seems the sales are good enough to ensure it as well. I do agree that releasing DP as a separate series at the same time is silly, but it is good for catching up I suppose. [STRIKE](although one volume every month of the same arc would be better) [/STRIKE] The way to look at it is we are getting the older with the new.
As for the Viz DP volume quality, we have no idea. We haven't gotten them yet and won't 'til next year. But, if our guess is right that the same translating team that did DP are doing them is correct, then they shouldn't be that bad. I mean we can already tell they are keeping the original Japanese covers (just with the VizKids logo at the top) on their DP release so that's a pretty good start already.

Yeah. We're only getting 10 volumes a year, that isn't as much as it sounds with a very large series like Special. And the 10 volumes a year thing isn't even starting 'til 2011. It does seem that way though; and I'm sure people wish it really was that way, lol. Same here.~ But I wouldn't worry, Viz won't even be caught up on Japan's current 36/37 volumes 'til 2014, and by then no telling how many more volumes Japan will have, lol. And heck, even if/when Viz catches up, they won't be able to magically make Japan make more volumes, they'll have to wait on their own personal release schedule.

I meant other than the Titles. Oh, and "leave 'em there town".
Oh, well that was in the first 7 volumes, and Chuang Yi's first seven volumes were the same as Viz's. Chuang Yi didn't start their own translation 'til volume 8 onward, and if memory serves they didn't add in any additional jokes.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
They really are. They are quite determined to catch up this time it seems, and seems the sales are good enough to ensure it as well. I do agree that releasing DP as a separate series at the same time is silly, but it is good for catching up I suppose. (although one volume every month of the same arc would be better) The way to look at it is we are getting the older with the new.
As for the Viz DP volume quality, we have no idea. We haven't gotten them yet and won't 'til next year. But, if our guess is right that the same translating team that did DP are doing them is correct, then they shouldn't be that bad. I mean we can already tell they are keeping the original Japanese covers (just with the VizKids logo at the top) on their DP release so that's a pretty good start already.

Yeah. We're only getting 10 volumes a year, that isn't as much as it sounds with a very large series like Special. And the 10 volumes a year thing isn't even starting 'til 2011. It does seem that way though; and I'm sure people wish it really was that way, lol. Same here.~ But I wouldn't worry, Viz won't even be caught up on Japan's current 36/37 volumes 'til 2014, and by then no telling how many more volumes Japan will have, lol. And heck, even if/when Viz catches up, they won't be able to magically make Japan make more volumes, they'll have to wait on their own personal release schedule.

Very determined and the sales must be much better and high for them to tackle two arcs. I guess so; it seems like a lot of workload not to mention their other titles... I agree; that seems like a better choice. But, then again, I don't buy Viz's volumes so I can't talk.
Oh, oops. I thought Viz's DP volume 1 was already out, haha. I didn't think it was next year instead this year. I suppose they're trying to get at least RS before tackling DP.

I believe that's actually a lot better than what many other manga pushblishers do with one series. 10 volumes a year is quite a lot and I'm guessing some other titles might be put on the back burner to keep up with that demand... if they have any left by the time they start in 2011, that is. Japan's volume count might not be that higher, especially if they aren't releasing 10 a year. I think once Viz catches up the the current count, it'll be smooth sailing within the year after or so. Then again, they might just simply cut down the number of volumes once they do catch up, so they probably have no worries. Oh, I know Viz won't be able to, but as Japan seems to getting more involved with manga publishing, they could feel a sense of urgency if PokeSpe is still doing great here. I think it just really depends on how involved Japan is with Viz and their manga.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Very determined and the sales must be much better and high for them to tackle two arcs. I guess so; it seems like a lot of workload not to mention their other titles... I agree; that seems like a better choice. But, then again, I don't buy Viz's volumes so I can't talk.
Oh, oops. I thought Viz's DP volume 1 was already out, haha. I didn't think it was next year instead this year. I suppose they're trying to get at least RS before tackling DP.
They must be; although I hear their original run's sales were very good too, but that they just stopped after the Yellow arc for some reason. But they really must be extra good this time around (or Viz must be more determined this time for some reason), since Viz isn't one to work so hard on catching up unless a series is doing extremely well, like Naruto, Bleach or One Piece, for example. And well, not really. I think one of the main reasons they decided to release DP as well, is one of their other Pokemon mangas was ending so they had an extra translation team, one fluent with Sinnoh too, so they decided to go for it. Also the popularity and Viz's drive to catch up probably helped too. I think so too. It would have made more sense, and we would have gotten through all of the arcs faster instead of just one; not to mention it would be 12 volume a year compared to the 10 it'll be next year. And really? To be honest I'm not either, haha. Least not yet. Nope, no it is not. That definitely won't be 'til next year. Heck, we're only on volume 9 at the moment, and will only be up to volume 10 at the end of 2010. They only started re-releasing the series in late 2009, and we only got like 3 or 4 volumes that year, since the release is only bi-monthly. (meaning only 6 volumes a year) And no -- they are not. DP will be out early next year, while GSC is still going on. RS won't be starting 'til October 2011, and by the end of 2011 we'll only have the first two RS volumes.

I believe that's actually a lot better than what many other manga pushblishers do with one series. 10 volumes a year is quite a lot and I'm guessing some other titles might be put on the back burner to keep up with that demand... if they have any left by the time they start in 2011, that is. Japan's volume count might not be that higher, especially if they aren't releasing 10 a year. I think once Viz catches up the the current count, it'll be smooth sailing within the year after or so. Then again, they might just simply cut down the number of volumes once they do catch up, so they probably have no worries. Oh, I know Viz won't be able to, but as Japan seems to getting more involved with manga publishing, they could feel a sense of urgency if PokeSpe is still doing great here. I think it just really depends on how involved Japan is with Viz and their manga.
That's true, I believe. I guess they just feel so behind on Special and the popularity is so good Viz gives it their typical treatment. Actually from what I know quite a few Viz mangas are released at least bi-monthly, unless they are close to catching up or just being weird. And well, I think it would be more of just the translation team being busy on those volumes than interfering with other series. XD Not to mention it's on their Kids Label, as well as they aren't releasing a lot of Pokemon series either. That's true, Japan only releases 4 volumes a year, besides occasionally exceptions where they release a few more. (still, by the time Viz catches up to 2010 Japan, that'll still be at least 12 more volumes) I think so too. And yeah, I believe Viz either just cuts down the numbers they release when they catch up, or they slowly start making there be more time inbetween so that way they safely remain a couple volumes behind of Japan's. Well, I still don't think it would really affect them enough to make them rush or anything. Japan's main concern is their own market I'm sure; Kusaka and Yamamoto would probably just consider the overseas popularity a nice by-product more than anything. You have a point though, but as far as I know Japan just does things on their own terms and Viz do their own way of releasing the manga.