• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures Volume 14 (VIZ Media)

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
As you know that the Viz Media edition of the 14th volume of the Pokemon Adventures comes out next Tuesday here in North America. Decided to open this thread since that you know that some bookstores have the volumes out a few days early before the actual release date. Kinda guessing that they`ll probably not change the subtitles of this volumes since the titles are " The Last Battle " with a Roman Numeral of the number of volume is of the last battle. Guess we`ll finally found out for sure about the fate of the 15th volume for sure if they have the next volume preview in this volume. So that that`s been cleared up , Gonna probably check tomorrow when I go to the closest bookstore that has the current volumes in to see if they have the volume in stock.

Porygandrew

Boy, I'd go to my nearest bookstore but... whoops, they both were Borders! :p

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Decided to open this thread since that you know that some bookstores have the volumes out a few days early before the actual release date.
Yeah, and if people pre-order the volumes they usually will get them a few days early as well.

I must admit though, your thread slightly disappointed me. ^^; I got all excited at first because I thought someone probably got the volume early and was going to tell us all about it, which I'm really anxious for considering everything we'll find out with this volume. Ah well, we'll find out about it soon enough. ^^;

Kinda guessing that they`ll probably not change the subtitles of this volumes since the titles are " The Last Battle " with a Roman Numeral of the number of volume is of the last battle.
I'm hoping they do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up changing it either. Hopefully they won't though.

Guess we`ll finally found out for sure about the fate of the 15th volume for sure if they have the next volume preview in this volume.
Yeah, that's one reason I'm curious to see it too. ^^; I don't think they will have a new volume preview though, or will mention anything about RS, FR/LG or Emerald. I'm afraid it'll still be a while before we'll get those, and we still might not even get them at all. My guess is, they'll just tell people to buy DP and/or BW.

matt0044

I can't wait for this volume to come out! I'm going to Forbidden Planet in New York City on Monday to see if they have it then.

Hello everyone I'm relatively new to the site but I have been on many times before, anyway I got the volume in the mail today and will answer and questions you have. First things first though, the round titles have not been changed. They weren't kidding when they said this was gonna be a big volume. However there is no advertisement for the RS arc in the back of the volume, it just tells us to buy the DPPT arc =/

Last edited:

matt0044

However there is no advertisement for the RS arc in the back of the volume, it just tells us to buy the DPPT arc =/

Can't say that I'm surprised. We'd know if the RS arc was going to be released before now.

What about Gold touching Green/Blue's butt? Surely that was edited (and why not), right?

I'm going to try and avoid this thread until I read the volume myself just in case of spoilers.

Maxim

Beyond repair
So, what name did they use for Al/Ryu this time (he was addressed by name in Chapter 168).

Also, there's that table at the final of the last chapter, which lists everyone's Pokemon. I'm concerned on Red's and Blue's Pokemon nicknames (others should be consistent).

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Questions:
-Who's on the backcover? Is it just Whitney and Chuck (volume 14's backcover), Pyrce (volume 15's backcover) or both?
-Is there one author/artist note or two, and what do they say?
-Is there one "Story so far" page or two, and if there is only one, is Celebi on it or the Gym Leaders? (that'll help me know which one it is)
-On the page at the beginning of the volume that shows artwork and the author/artist name, is there one page or two, and if there is one, what is it of? (is it the Beast trio with silhouettes of their masters, or is it a picture of Gold and his Pokemon?)
-Is there one title page that lists the chapters, or two? And if there is only one, does it have a a silhouette of Celebi on it or pictures of Ho-Oh and Lugia with their names under it?
-Was Jynx recolored a lighter shade than black, or kept the same?
-As said before, is Gold patting Blue/Green's butt censored or is it left in tact? And if it's censored, what did they do to it?
-On the Trainer's data (the thing that shows a picture of each trainer, what Pokemon they have, and what their Pokemon's levels and nicknames are), do Blue and Green have their names swapped like they should?
-Also, what Pokemon have nicknames and what are their nicknames?
-Did they keep the Adventure map at the end of the volume?
-(slight spoiler) What are the lyrics for the song they recorded for Pryce?
-Did they keep all the bonus content, like what the Masked Mans plans were and saying what each of the Trainers titles are?
-If so, where did they put it? At the end of the volume?
-What are each of the trainers titles?

And I believe that's everything, lol.

However there is no advertisement for the RS arc in the back of the volume, it just tells us to buy the DPPT arc =/
Figured as much.

So, what name did they use for Al/Ryu this time (he was addressed by name in Chapter 168).
Why do you always ask that? I thought they only called him Ryu one time, and that was most likely an accident? (unless I'm forgetting something or got mixed up)

Last edited:

matt0044

For those wondering how Gold's booty call to Green/Blue was handled, the answer is (and get this): they keep Gold touching her but make Gold say that it was an accident. It's not too shabby, considering they keep Gold from seeming like a pervert (at his young age, no less) and it does show that Viz does have (some) balls. Though you could interpret it as Gold feeling Green/Blue up but pretending like he didn't mean to do so.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
For those wondering how Gold's booty call to Green/Blue was handled, the answer is (and get this): they keep Gold touching her but make Gold say that it was an accident. It's not too shabby, considering they keep Gold from seeming like a pervert (at his young age, no less)

What? He's 11; that's a perfect age for a boy to be a pervert.

and it does show that Viz does have (some) balls. Though you could interpret it as Gold feeling Green/Blue up but pretending like he didn't mean to do so.

Score 1 for Viz!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Meh, I knew RS wouldn't get any news. I think we all knew that. But it's cool some have got the volume already. I just want news on the Gold/Blue (girl) butt pat. After today I'll never be able to make another joke about how Viz will edit it again. I feel empty inside because of that. I need to find a new joke on what Viz will edit in the future. I would say the entire RS arc but with it in limbo and all...

matt0044

Meh, I knew RS wouldn't get any news. I think we all knew that. But it's cool some have got the volume already. I just want news on the Gold/Blue (girl) butt pat. After today I'll never be able to make another joke about how Viz will edit it again. I feel empty inside because of that. I need to find a new joke on what Viz will edit in the future. I would say the entire RS arc but with it in limbo and all...

Personally, Viz should either make minimum edits to the RS Chapter while keeping it for kids as I can't see how they can work around most of the content or market it for teens to attract more Manga readers who are typically teens. The latter could lead to boosted sales for Pokemon Adventures and maybe even get it more recognized. Not to mention how the people who want the RS arc translated are older Pokemon fans. If only Viz could see the potential in this...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Personally, Viz should either make minimum edits to the RS Chapter while keeping it for kids as I can't see how they can work around most of the content or market it for teens to attract more Manga readers who are typically teens. The latter could lead to boosted sales for Pokemon Adventures and maybe even get it more recognized. Not to mention how the people who want the RS arc translated are older Pokemon fans. If only Viz could see the potential in this...

Personally I'm surprised they didn't go for the "It's Pokemon, kids will buy it" thing for RS, FRLG, and Emerald volumes. Pokemon is still a massive money maker, maybe not like it was back in the day but the games still make insane amounts of money. And it's not like Hoenn Pokemon aren't recognizable, you can get them in like nearly every Pokemon game just not go to the region they originated from.

That aside I can't wait to get my copy of the volume. I want to see this thing supersized. I love supersized mangas.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
For those wondering how Gold's booty call to Green/Blue was handled, the answer is (and get this): they keep Gold touching her but make Gold say that it was an accident. It's not too shabby, considering they keep Gold from seeming like a pervert (at his young age, no less) and it does show that Viz does have (some) balls. Though you could interpret it as Gold feeling Green/Blue up but pretending like he didn't mean to do so.

They kept that and censored the slap? Go figure.

Anyway, Viz gains a point for not censoring that scene beyond a bit of dialogue change (which I suppose is a net of -14 for skipping the 15 Volumes between this and D/P/Pt).

Anyway, I thought of a crazy hope for the release of R/S and the others.
Maybe they'll do a manga/dreamworld tie-in and release the Dream World Hoenn starters in the international Dream World at about the same time as the R/S arc, followed by the Kanto DW starters around the same time as the Fr/Lg arc (the ending of which pretty much demands the Emerald arc in itself).

Those starters haven't been released internationally yet, and it would be a good time to release the volumes if it tied in with a DW event if its how "recognizable" the Hoenn Pokemon are that they're worried about. Hey, I can hope.

Though personally I agree with Platinum fan. It's Pokemon, kids would buy it. Plus they wouldn't have even had to worry about Ruby, etc. being "unknowns" to the little kids if they had kept the final chapter in the other volume. They'd have bought it for the end of the arc they were familiar with and been introduced to the R/S characters at the same time!

Last edited:

matt0044

Personally I'm surprised they didn't go for the "It's Pokemon, kids will buy it" thing for RS, FRLG, and Emerald volumes. Pokemon is still a massive money maker, maybe not like it was back in the day but the games still make insane amounts of money. And it's not like Hoenn Pokemon aren't recognizable, you can get them in like nearly every Pokemon game just not go to the region they originated from.

Not to mention that if it's Pokemon, fans young or old would most likely read it. So what if it's not part of the current generation (yet)? If people like the Manga, odds are that they will buy it.

And if violent content is an issue, then up the age rating. I refer you to my previous post.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Got some more about the volume since I got by copy of the volume today at that bookstore. Turns out that they had since 3 days ago and plus that it was the only copy. But back with the news , The chapters is like I guessed it was. The volume art before the volume started had the one with Gold and his team and the back art is the one with Chuck and Whitney not the one with Pryce. Thought it would have been better if they had Pryce on it since it would have fit better on this volume since it ended the arc in this version. One last thing to share for now since I'm posting this on the road , Pryce's 3 Lapras were named La Prus , La Pris , and La Glace. More to come on this when I get back to my tablet since like I said I was on the road.

lolipiece

Staff member
Their Japanese names La Prus, La Pris, and Hyouga (that means Glacier).

Well, two out of three works..

So, uh yeah.

Question:

Do Pichu, Snubbull, and Jigglypuff have nicknames?

(Note: In the original Japanese version, Yellow names Pichu "ピチュ" instead of "ピチュー". It's not an error...)

Last edited:
Sorry I've been really busy today, but I do have some answers
@lolipiece Snubble does not jiggly puff and nidorina do (jiggly, nido) and pichu does not

@1dbad I'm really sorry but every single time I try to reply to your post my internet craps out on me. I've tried three times but it's no use, I think I type so much that its too much for it

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
So it's Jiggly and Nido, right?

That's good enough for me.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Sorry I've been really busy today, but I do have some answers
@lolipiece Snubble does not jiggly puff and nidorina do (jiggly, nido) and pichu does not

@1dbad I'm really sorry but every single time I try to reply to your post my internet craps out on me. I've tried three times but it's no use, I think I type so much that its too much for it

That can happen if it takes too long to type the response. Just copy whatever you wrote with Ctrl C before you post if you think the internet might time out on you before it's posted. If it does, log back in and paste it into the reply all at once and post it. Works for me.

Anyway, thanks for providing the info you have!

EDIT: Too bad they couldn't somehow have both back covers (like the Pryce one as bonus art in the back or something).

Last edited: