• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures volume 39

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Yeah but I wonder why died want those poked again. Is it because those are the newest version of the pokedex?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
We don't really know this. This is just a Bulbapedian explanation on why the Rotom's Room is found in Silph Co. and looks almost the same as the one in Galactic Eterna Base.

You know that this has nothing to do with Bulbapedia, right? Please stop badmouthing Bulbagarden every chance you get to wiggle it in.

It's simply the most logical assumption. He's a scientist. They do R&D. They require scientists. He also has no loyalty to anybody but himself and will go where he need to get money. Ergo, him working for Silph is pretty obvious. It's only the Rocket connection that's conjecture, and in a series like this do you think they'd let that link go unnoticed?

hmm i say the DP arc lasts about til vol. 40, then the HG/SS will start at vol. 41

Darkxninga

Yeah but I wonder why died want those poked again.

???what?

hmm i say the DP arc lasts about til vol. 40, then the HG/SS will start at vol. 41

But the DP arc already ended in volume 38. So, my guess is that the platinum arc will be up to volume 40 or 41. Then the HGSS will start from 41 or 42. Having only 2 volumes and a chapter (or two?) of the Platinum is a little short I must say. The most I can see it up to is up to 3 volumes long. Though I might have a change of opinion when I find out what Platinum is trying to do in the PLT arc.

Remmie

Having only 2 volumes and a chapter (or two?) of the Platinum is a little short I must say. The most I can see it up to is up to 3 volumes long. Though I might have a change of opinion when I find out what Platinum is trying to do in the PLT arc.

Platinum is not finished, which is odd since HGSS is even thought it takes place after the Platinum ark. I hope we'll see the end of it soon, I'm starting to get tired of waiting after it.

Darkxninga

Platinum is not finished, which is odd since HGSS is even thought it takes place after the Platinum ark. I hope we'll see the end of it soon, I'm starting to get tired of waiting after it.

o_o so..... they never revealed the ending of the platinum arc like HGSS?! what the!?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The Platinum arc will probably go up to volume 41 or possibly 42. DP was longer then we all thought too so this one might follow being the sister arc of it. I'm in no rush to end it. Rushing it will just make it a bad arc, I much rather Kusaka pace it nicely then rush it to get to HGSS (which was a rather disappointing magazine wise)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
*IS* HGSS finished? I can't imagine that it would end with the Rocket execs vanishing with that leading to nothing.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Nothing is finished passed DP. Platinum, HGSS, and BW are all unfinished. I hope they all get well paced through their respected volumes.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Depends on how you define "finished".

If finished = concluded, then HGSS is finished because it does have an ending. Yes, this ending is highly disappointing but it's impossible that they'd scrap the entire ending.

There will be some tankobon-added chapters, of course (like the extension of the Pokeathlon material, as Gold acquired most of the medals off-screen in the magazine version). But despite some people's high hopes, HGSS saga will still be underplayed. The main questions will still be unanswered (like, what happened to Mahogany Gym after Pryce's disappearance) and that rushed ending will stay unchanged. There's no chance that HGSS will become an action-packed, multi-volumed arc out of sudden. There was no time they could do that, Kusaka and Yamamoto most likely focused on BW Saga since BW was announced and stopped their work on HGSS.

Last edited:

shengar

Silent reader
Depends on how you define "finished".

If finished = concluded, then HGSS is finished because it does have an ending. Yes, this ending is highly disappointing but it's impossible that they'd scrap the entire ending.

There will be some tankobon-added chapters, of course (like the extension of the Pokeathlon material, as Gold acquired most of the medals off-screen in the magazine version). But despite some people's high hopes, HGSS saga will still be underplayed. The main questions will still be unanswered (like, what happened to Mahogany Gym after Pryce's disappearance) and that rushed ending will stay unchanged. There's no chance that HGSS will become an action-packed, multi-volumed arc out of sudden. There was no time they could do that, Kusaka and Yamamoto most likely focused on BW Saga since BW was announced and stopped their work on HGSS.
We usually wait a bit for Special to catch up with the game progress but now BW popularity really pushed HGSS off the edge. Kinda suck to see such good chapter left underplayed.

shengar

Silent reader
blame my iPod it corrects everything wrong without me noticing. My question is why Saque want the pokedex, since they already got a duplicate from the old version. Maybe thats why she want the newest?

I think she got herself with strange obsession over ALL pokedex. Obsession like that happen a lot to many manga character.

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
I hoped that supplement Spiky-eared Pichu plot in HGSS volume. ;300;

Oh, yeah! Me too. I was very surprised that she wasn't shown in the magazine chapters at all. She was like... the advertising symbol of HGSS.

But it's no longer needed to advertise SEP as that event is long over. So it's possible that she won't be shown at all.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
My guess is it will end at volume 41, at the very least. Why? Emerald lasted 4 volumes; part of volume 26, then volumes 27, 28 and 29 were all Emerald, so I'm expecting a similar situation with Platinum at the very least. Now Platinum may or may not take up all of volume 41 depending on it how it goes, but that's what I'm expecting.

o_o so..... they never revealed the ending of the platinum arc like HGSS?! what the!?
Nope. Platinum's ending never got revealed in the magazines, because the magazine it was in got cancelled before Platinum could even really start. Because of that the majority of the arc will be volume-only.

The Platinum arc will probably go up to volume 41 or possibly 42. DP was longer then we all thought too so this one might follow being the sister arc of it. I'm in no rush to end it. Rushing it will just make it a bad arc, I much rather Kusaka pace it nicely then rush it to get to HGSS (which was a rather disappointing magazine wise)
I could see it possibly going to 42. And same here.

*IS* HGSS finished? I can't imagine that it would end with the Rocket execs vanishing with that leading to nothing.
Magazine-wise, yes. Volume-wise, no.

Yes, this ending is highly disappointing but it's impossible that they'd scrap the entire ending.
Didn't they change the entire ending of DP between the magazine and volume version though? Even if they didn't, I'm sure the ending of HGSS will be improved upon at the very least.

But despite some people's high hopes, HGSS saga will still be underplayed.
I'm going to wait until the volume version before I say for sure one way or another, but I will admit that's possible. Even if it is though (which hopefully it won't be), it'll be a lot better than the magazine version at the very least.

The main questions will still be unanswered (like, what happened to Mahogany Gym after Pryce's disappearance)
By main questions what all do you mean? I'm sure some questions/plot-holes will be filled, at the very least. I do agree that I don't think they'll mention anything about Mahogany Gym/Pryce though.

and that rushed ending will stay unchanged.
No it won't. Some things will get changed and some things will be added, at the very least.

There's no chance that HGSS will become an action-packed, multi-volumed arc out of sudden. There was no time they could do that, Kusaka and Yamamoto most likely focused on BW Saga since BW was announced and stopped their work on HGSS.
But it wouldn't be "all of a sudden". The first HGSS volume won't be out for some time, and even when they start coming out there will be a few months between each volume, which gives them plenty of time to work on the HGSS arc. They have all the time 'til the first volume release to work on it, and then they still have some time to work on it between each volume release. And who knows? They may have been working on it all along, even when they had to stop releasing it in the magazines. I'm not saying it will be perfect but it'll be a lot better than the magazine version, and we don't know what all will be changed/will happen so I think it's a bit too early to say.

Oh, yeah! Me too.

So it's possible that she won't be shown at all.
I would love for her to appear as well, but I do agree it's possible she won't appear at all. To be honest I'm not really expecting her to, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I find it boring that Platinum is not finished. Anyone with me?

I'd like to see you run a Pokemon manga series with different arcs at once and finish them at fast speeds. I'll say it once more, Kusaka needs to take his time with the arcs and not rush them just to get to another arc. HGSS magazine wise really suffered for rushing to get to BW and now you want more arcs to be rushed in volume form? Be patient. Running a manga series is not easy. Especially one like this.

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
I don't. While I agree it would be nice if we already had the whole arc so we could read it/know what all happens/not have to wait, I don't mind waiting for the arc either since it's fun to speculate what all will happen. And waiting for it isn't that bad, since we'll get a Platinum volume every so often.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I don't think it's "boring". While I would like to read the entire Platinum arc from start to finish, I understand that the person in charge of drawing the manga has a lot on their plate. They have to deal with the Platinum arc, the HG/SS arc and now the Black/White arc. It must be difficult to focus on three series at a time.