• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures volume 41

Ludger

スポック
Yes, it specifically says it's the climax of the HGSS chapter in the text to the left of 'CRYSTAL'.

So no Sird there Hmm. It would be very epic if someone is the leader above the generals
And I am totally wish Pryce would appear again. If he didn't who take care of Mahogany Gym? Lorelei?

Ugh, don't tell me he's gonna be back again. Worst character ever.

Anyway, I'm eager to hear more info on the volume if and when it arrives.
Hello? I can hear you. He is kinda more unique than any other (Especially Ruby &Sapphire).

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Most likely just a change of clothes and that's it. Kusaka might be decreasing the big changes, maybe because he doesn't want to portray them as young adults just yet.
I do wonder how is he going to portray them in BW2 because that one take place two years after BW, which in turn takes place some time after HG-SS.

That's assuming if they appear in BW2 of course.

Weedy Spyze

Hello? I can hear you. He is kinda more unique than any other (Especially Ruby &Sapphire).

Hi. And not really, unless you wanna say he was unique for hating Pokemon or whatever. And being unique isn't automatically a good thing, anyway. Certainly wasn't in Emerald's case, at least in my opinion. I would go on but it would probably be off topic.

Speaking of Sird though, they need to wrap her storyline up soon. She's boring. It was kinda interesting when she was revealed to be part of Team Galactic...but then nothing came out of that. :/

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Hi. And not really, unless you wanna say he was unique for hating Pokemon or whatever. And being unique isn't automatically a good thing, anyway. Certainly wasn't in Emerald's case, at least in my opinion. I would go on but it would probably be off topic.

Speaking of Sird though, they need to wrap her storyline up soon. She's boring. It was kinda interesting when she was revealed to be part of Team Galactic...but then nothing came out of that. :/

Can people please stop about this Emerald hating. He did nothing wrong.

I don't think Sird is boring. We kinda know nothing of her and I am very curious about her true objective. There is a chance that she appear on HGSS arc or in BW2 arc. Who know maybe she was scheming the whole time and used Team Rocket, Archie and Team Galactic for her master plan.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
While I'm eager to see Sird be dealt with and done with, she certainly isn't boring. Sird is one of the major strings that connects the regions together. Otherwise DP would have very little connection to FRLG and Emerald if any. If she does appear in HGSS I wonder what role she would play? I'm still surprised she wasn't in Platinum's final...then when I remember how pressed for time the volume was I'm not so much.

Weedy Spyze

Can people please stop about this Emerald hating. He did nothing wrong.

I don't think Sird is boring. We kinda know nothing of her and I am very curious about her true objective. There is a chance that she appear on HGSS arc or in BW2 arc. Who know maybe she was scheming the whole time and used Team Rocket, Archie and Team Galactic for her master plan.

He was a lame character, and I do not wish to see a return of him so that's why I'm annoyed about his apparent mention. I don't have any interest on hating on him anymore in this thread anyway.

Yeah, we know nothing about her after what? Six, seven, eight years (I don't know)? I guess she's kinda interesting in that regard, but I'm just...over it. If Kusaka does have big plans for her, then he needs to get them done with already. And I don't really like how she has connections to every single one of the villain teams. It all just reeks of "Villain Sue" to me. The next thing we know, she's gonna be the true mastermind behind Team Plasma. :/

While I'm eager to see Sird be dealt with and done with, she certainly isn't boring. Sird is one of the major strings that connects the regions together. Otherwise DP would have very little connection to FRLG and Emerald if any. If she does appear in HGSS I wonder what role she would play? I'm still surprised she wasn't in Platinum's final...then when I remember how pressed for time the volume was I'm not so much.

DP didn't really need a connection to FRLG and Emerald, though. Not in that way, at least. For me, Sird's inclusion into the DP climax just seemed random and unnecessary. Remove her from it and what changes? Pretty much nothing. All she did was tell a bunch of backstory that had nothing to do with the situation at hand anyway iirc. Sure we'd still have the cloaked grunt being interested in the Pokedexes, but you could've hand-waved that by saying he was interested in them on his own terms instead of Sird's, due to hearing about the other Pokedex holders.

Last edited:

Ludger

スポック
He was a lame character, and I do not wish to see a return of him so that's why I'm annoyed about his apparent mention. I don't have any interest on hating on him anymore in this thread anyway.

Yeah, we know nothing about her after what? Six, seven, eight years (I don't know)? I guess she's kinda interesting in that regard, but I'm just...over it. If Kusaka does have big plans for her, then he needs to get them done with already. And I don't really like how she has connections to every single one of the villain teams. It all just reeks of "Villain Sue" to me. The next thing we know, she's gonna be the true mastermind behind Team Plasma. :/

I would agree Emerald became boring because he didn't have many roles and yet Steven(Would) appear in HGSS could be a little hint that Emerald would appear(Latias and Latios thing). And I would falled in confusion if Sird is actually join Team Plasma. Her master plan could have been a connection between Time almost like Pryce did but much more elegant. She could be the leader of Yami-Yami organisation if I could insert some theories. Or worse, she could have been Emerald's relative or even worse her mother

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido
And I would falled in confusion if Sird is actually join Team Plasma. Her master plan could have been a connection between Time almost like Pryce did but much more elegant. She could be the leader of Yami-Yami organisation if I could insert some theories. Or worse, she could have been Emerald's relative or even worse her mother

No way. That's going too far. But I do think Sird is perfect to be a final villain. As long as it doesn't get too weird, I really like that idea.

MistyMayDawn

Pokémon Coordinator
No way. That's going too far. But I do think Sird is perfect to be a final villain. As long as it doesn't get too weird, I really like that idea.

Yup..... Was so surprised that she wasnt finished in the Platinum chapter

Weedy Spyze

I would agree Emerald became boring because he didn't have many roles and yet Steven(Would) appear in HGSS could be a little hint that Emerald would appear(Latias and Latios thing). And I would falled in confusion if Sird is actually join Team Plasma. Her master plan could have been a connection between Time almost like Pryce did but much more elegant. She could be the leader of Yami-Yami organisation if I could insert some theories. Or worse, she could have been Emerald's relative or even worse her mother

Well I don't know if I would say Emerald was boring. I just didn't like him. Feel free to question why and I'll explain to you in pm or something. I believe he's an orphan, though.

I don't. The final villain (if and when there is one) should and probably will be whoever's the big bad of the current story arc at the time. It would make no sense if a villain from generation three was the big bad of a story arc from generation eight or whatever. Sird's old news, and an original character at that. Which is why she should just be done away with already.

Oh and I was half-kidding about the Team Plasma thing btw.

Last edited:

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido
I don't. The final villain (if and when there is one) should and probably will be whoever's the big bad of the current story arc at the time. It would make no sense if a villain from generation three was the big bad of a story arc from generation eight or whatever. Sird's old news, and an original character at that. Which is why she should just be done away with already.

It is precisely because she is an original character that I think she should be the final villain, or at least a "final" villain for the first 4 generations. Using a game character as an absolute final villain wouldn't work, because he/she would just be a villain for characters of a certain generation, not all of them. The final battle has to be against an original character, since it's more than likely going to have the participation of all the main characters. The fact that she's old news can help too, she could then be the cause of lots of stuff in the future if she's not done with.
I don't mean I want her to have a connection with every team, that would be weird. But she could be connected to other stuff in the next generations.

Weedy Spyze

It is precisely because she is an original character that I think she should be the final villain, or at least a "final" villain for the first 4 generations. Using a game character as an absolute final villain wouldn't work, because he/she would just be a villain for characters of a certain generation, not all of them. The final battle has to be against an original character, since it's more than likely going to have the participation of all the main characters. The fact that she's old news can help too, she could then be the cause of lots of stuff in the future if she's not done with.

I don't mean I want her to have a connection with every team, that would be weird. But she could be connected to other stuff in the next generations.

I guess I would be fine with her being the "final" villain of HGSS's arc (since it's the last fourth gen arc), but it's looking to be extremely short so I don't think it's gonna happen. Sucks because like I said, I want her to be killed off or something already. I'd be more inclined to agree with an original character being the final villain if this was a stand-alone manga, but it's not. Its job is to promote the video games. I hate trying to guess the future, but it just makes more sense to me for the final villain to be the big bad of whatever story arc is going on at the time, rather than Sird pulling herself out of her own *** for no reason once again. And no, the final villain does not HAVE to be an original character. Whatever gave you that idea? It doesn't HAVE to be anyone. Sird's really only a nemesis with the Kanto dexholders anyway (and Silver). Gold, Crystal, and the Hoenn gang may be aware of her existence, but they're never met her. The Sinnoh and Unova dexholders know absolutely nothing about her.

As for the whole "every dex holder vs. evil FINAL SHOWDOWN" thing, I think it's just a pipe dream for better or worse. The older character's stories have already been told, and there really is no reason for them show up again outside of maybe a cameo or something (like the World Tournament situation) or a remake story arc. And it'll probably annoy me if Sird causes more crap in the future. She's already too much of a villain sue, and the unnecessary Team Galactic association which went absolutely nowhere bugged me enough as is.

This is going off topic lol. Really hope to hear more news about this volume soon.

Last edited:

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido
I guess I would be fine with her being the "final" villain of HGSS's arc (since it's the last fourth gen arc), but it's looking to be extremely short so I don't think it's gonna happen. Sucks because like I said, I want her to be killed off or something already. I'd be more inclined to agree with an original character being the final villain if this was a stand-alone manga, but it's not. It's job is to promote the video games. I hate trying to guess the future, but it just makes more sense to me for the final villain to be the big bad of whatever story arc is going on at the time, rather than Sird pulling herself out of her own *** for no reason once again. And no, the final villain does not HAVE to be an original character. Whatever gave you that idea? It doesn't HAVE to be anyone. Sird's really only a nemesis with the Kanto dexholders anyway (and Silver). Gold, Crystal, and the Hoenn gang may be aware of her existence, but they're never met her. The Sinnoh and Unova dexholders know absolutely nothing about her.

As for the whole "every dex holder vs. evil FINAL SHOWDOWN" thing, I think it's just a pipe dream for better or worse. The older character's stories have already been told, and there really is no reason for them show up again outside of maybe a cameo or something (like the World Tournament situation) or a remake story arc. And it'll probably annoy me if Sird causes more crap in the future. She's already too much of a villain sue, and the unnecessary Team Galactic association which went absolutely nowhere bugged me enough as is.

This is going off topic lol. Really hope to hear more news about this volume soon.

You did go a bit off topic, but no matter. I do think she should have some connection to the HGSS arc (and maybe she does, it just doesn't seem like it), and I think this arc is her last chance to be killed off already like you put it. Because after this we go to Unova, on the other side of the planet. What connection can that possibly have with the other arcs? (other than Looker going there because of Team Plasma) Either Sird stops her schemes after the HGSS arc, or it's just going to continue until either we get out of Unova or the game creators decide to stop producing games, so the manga can have an end.

Weedy Spyze

What connection can that possibly have with the other arcs? (other than Looker going there because of Team Plasma) Either Sird stops her schemes after the HGSS arc, or it's just going to continue until either we get out of Unova or the game creators decide to stop producing games, so the manga can have an end.

World Tournament. No excuse for Sird to show up, though. But if she tries to upstage Ghetsis or something (who is a much better villain) I'd probably legit nerd rage.

And the manga can absolutely end before the games lol...

So, Heart Gold/Soul Silver arc. What can we say about it.

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido
So, Heart Gold/Soul Silver arc. What can we say about it.

I'm excited for it, Gold is my favorite character after all. I also like Silver and Crystal a lot too. The Johto Dex Holders are my favorite Dex Holder group. So, as you can guess by now, I'm super excited for this arc.

Weedy Spyze

I'm excited for it, Gold is my favorite character after all. I also like Silver and Crystal a lot too. The Johto Dex Holders are my favorite Dex Holder group. So, as you can guess by now, I'm super excited for this arc.

Gold is one of my favorite characters as well, I absolutely love him to death. I can't say the same for Silver and Crystal, though. They've never really interested me, Crystal especially. I swear that poor dear has no personality.

TomNamikaze

TomPen94, Banido
Gold is one of my favorite characters as well, I absolutely love him to death. I can't say the same for Silver and Crystal, though. They've never really interested me, Crystal especially. I swear that poor dear has no personality.

Well, maybe I like them so much because the first Pokémon game I ever played was Pokémon Gold. I think it's because of that, that everything about Generation II always fascinated me.
This, however, does not mean I blindly chose the Johto Dex Holders as my favorite group of characters. I like Gold because... (how can I explain it...) well, he's Gold. For Silver... I feel so sorry for the guy... Just see how much s*** happened to him (and I read the magazines too, I know what happens to him in the last HGSS chapter)... As for Crystal, well, she's the only character in the entire Pokémon franchise to actually live up to the Pokémon motto "Gotta catch'em all". There are other reasons, but it's hard to pick up when the GSC arc was so long and had so much in it...

Ludger

スポック
I swear that poor dear has no personality.
One of reason why I want Kotone to be appeared. And yet I have to face the not very good truth that she wouldn't
Ever wonder would Pryce appear too? I love that guy

Ludger

スポック
I do too, but they ruined him in Adventures.

Didn't someone say all of the other Johto gym leaders make an apppearance?

In Bulbapedia, All exept Pryce have been already appeared in magazine chapter. It could be another hint that he is very crucial in the plot(And yet it is only a hint). If he didn't who would become the Mahogany Gym Leader? He doesn't have anyone who has close relationship with him. And I don't think Lorelei would replace him