1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Adventures volume 42

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by lolipiece, Oct 26, 2012.

1. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

2. shiningshinka

shiningshinka Well-Known Member

WHOAAA I am excited

3. lolipiece

Well then. Looks like volume 43 is gonna be the end instead of this. Woot.

...Damn! That means months of waiting!

4. shiningshinka

shiningshinka Well-Known Member

Personally I'm fine with that. Maybe it's because this surprise really excited me

5. Evilchibi_pichu

Evilchibi_pichu Entertain me minions

Really surprised to see Yanagi alive. I can't wait for the explanation of how he's alive still and why he's with Wataru and Sakaki. Not to mention Sakaki illness; he seems to look fine and badass in that shot.

Heck, I'm even surprised Kusaka stretched this arc into another volume.

6. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

I'm prepared for this to have the potential to become one of the best arcs... I'm completely shocked this actually happened.

7. Azure_Edge

Azure_Edge Member

So it looks like our questions on what happened to pryce and giovanni are finally answered huh... That was pretty awesome to have this twist and the next volume as the ending considering the magazine ending was a lackluster. I don't mind if we have to wait vol. 43 for a few months

8. Beat!

Beat! The Chords of Steel

Woooooooooooooo! Pryce is back!? I can't believe Kusaka actually brought him back..I was kinda expecting something like this when he answered that question on his website but he actually did it.
    So we're getting the real ending on vol. 43? Well that's what i wanted but i really thought this was the end of it. Glad that Kusaka proved me wrong. I'm even more anxious to read it now that we know there seems to be a lot of new content. I wonder how many chapters this volume has..Who's in the back cover? Lance and Pryce??

9. Flintoff Cypress

Flintoff Cypress Premium Ice Cream

HOLY. ****ING. ****.

I'm... surprised. And I didn't think that PokeSpe could surprise me anymore.

How I theorized HGSS to end... everything I thought has been completely upended.

Holy ****. I'm ****ing speechless right now.

Wow. I have to wonder if 43 was going to be the ending all along, and that they said 42 just to mess with the fans. If so, they did a good job.

Never, NEVER, NEVER EVER expected to see Pryce

EDIT: I just took a closer look at the first picture. Never expected that, either. There isn't enough "holy ****" that could cover that.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  10. ElectricBassClef

ElectricBassClef Well-Known Member

Yes! Giovanni's back!!! *giddy*

...man, I am way too attached to that jerk.

Thanks for the heads-up, Lolipiece.

11. Beat!

Wow i just realized that the last scan shows the villains from the first three arcs. Also..the first scan..where does it takes place? Before or after the last chapter that was released as the ending in the magazines?

12. lolipiece

Ugh. This raises questions.

We're seriously gonna need a magazine to volume comparison.

Is Silver still blinded? Because he looks fine?

Is the Creation trio still created?

Does Togebo still evolve!?

How many chapters are even in this book?

13. Beat!

And what happened to the other Team Rocket executives?
    Where are Gold and Crystal?
    Now that we know we have another volume to go, is Sird appearing a far fetched idea?

14. Flintoff Cypress

Flintoff Cypress Premium Ice Cream

Ask me that 24 hours ago, and I would have laughed off the idea of Sird reappearing in HGSS.

Now, I'm not so sure. Having another volume can change EVERYTHING. And was just reaffirmed, anything can happen in PokeSpe.

15. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

Togebo no evolve in this volume......

This means that the plot will be great changes.

But I'm sure it will continue to evolution.

If everyone remember, Giovanni and Pryce should be a mutual unacquaintance of the enemy......Oh, this is wonderful! Although I hope Kusaka can have a good explanation of why Pryce will be resurrected.

I think the back cover will be announce soon......

And I want to know this announcement content to confirm volume 43 will simultaneously start. ;159;

16. Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower Trying out new games

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!

OMG SO AWESOME! I'm super happy that Kusaka changed the end completely and it seems like Giovanni decided to make an ex-villain club with the sane boss villains from the first 3 arcs and his Ursaring is back from, uhm the black hole. I wonder what happened to Gold and Crys and what's Petrel doing there? Giovanni once mentioned a decease, does he still got it? Aren't they going to find a cure? Man I am so curious! Good thing that the ending isn't rushed.

17. BoxedLunch

BoxedLunch Well-Known Member

Lance is back? AWESOME! <3 I'm actually more curious to see how he and Giovanni ended up teaming up, considering they're not exactly friends, than how Pryce is alive, TBH. I hope Kusaka will actually explain it and won't just make it a 'Meh, they're together just because'-thing. Draw faster, Yamamoto! :D

18. ReiZerou

ReiZerou Well-Known Member

AWESOME. I never expected this. I'm super happy and happy about this surprise. Well, Gold made it out alive from the crack in time, so why wouldn't Pryce? Maybe Celebi went back and saved him after he understood that he has done the wrong thing. Can't wait to hear what else is different!

Forgot to say, I wonder where they are in those two pics. It looks like a cave, so could they be at the Tohjo Falls?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  19. JB2448

JB2448 Slice of Pecan Pie

Can I just say how much I called 42 not being the final volume? 'Cause I totally did.
    That being said, I didn't expect Pryce. I don't think anyone could.

20. kawaii-lurve

kawaii-lurve kawaii!

When I saw the first picture, I was like: So, Giovanni is back. Kinda expected.
    Click the second picture: OMG!! Pryce?!?! How did he come back?!