• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures volume 42

Macromind101

just something I'm not getting, I know the Manga is different from the games but, even knowing that, I think Giovanni is not going to die because, 7 years after the events of HeartGold/SoulSilver, Giovanni competes in the World Tournament in Black2/White2... I know I might be mixing up too many things but... maybe he isn't going to die afterall...

Where did you get the idea that B2W2 takes place seven years after HGSS? And I wonder how Giovanni is able to compete in the tournament without being tackled by police officers. Does the general population not know of his affiliations with Team Rocket? And after 3+ years of absence, they just gave him back his position as a Gym Leader and simply boot Blue out?

They had Contests, Musicals, Pokeathalons, The Battle Fronteir, and The Battle Subway. This Manga likes to show game stuff. The PWT most likely will appear in some form...

I too am pretty sure the PWT will be featured in B2W2. However, I still don't like the idea of a reunion. The past reunions actually made sense because either the Dexholders all appeared in the respective games of the chapter (GSC) or all the characters tied in with the plot at the time (Emerald and possibly HGSS). B2W2's plot will probably be about neo-Team Plasma which doesn't concern any Dexholders preceding Gen V. Maybe at the end, there will be one big celebration tournament that could feature previous Dexholders as a cameo. I can only see that scenario as an opportunity for a reunion. Just a cameo, not them being involved in the plot.

Last edited:

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Where did you get the idea that B2W2 takes place seven years after HGSS? And I wonder how Giovanni is able to compete in the tournament without being tackled by police officers. Does the general population not know of his affiliations with Team Rocket? And after 3+ years of absence, they just gave him back his position as a Gym Leader and simply boot Blue out?

Too that last one, Its not that they gave Blue the boot out, I think he's still the viridian gym leader. Because the guy that talks about him in the PWT says "Former champion" and soemthing about being a gym leader.

I think the whole PWT was for whoever has time on their hands and can go, or is willing to go. Both Blue and Alder are former Champions, But they were still champions. So they were allowed to compete in the PWT champions league. Giavonni Just took Blue's place as the person to be the viridian gym leader in the touranment, since he was one.

as for why he was allowed...I honestly don't know. XD maybe they really didn't know giavonni was behind it all, or rather, just didn't care? maybe B&W 2 takes place between the events of FRLG and HGSS...

Though to be honest, I think they just ********ed it and just wanted giavonni to be there. Who cares? we said ALL of the gym leaders, and everybody wants to fight giavonni again! (it's not like they added much story into the PWT...half the lines are just variations, or direct take froms of their orginal lines from their orginal games. lol

Last edited:

DragonAR

I'm Mexican !
One thing worth of note is that in the trivia section at the end which talks about the Pokeathlon's history, the 'mythical' Pokemon seems to be Celebi again.

So then, Celebi is the pokemon who cured the epidemic in the past? It is possible that now Celebi can cure or he already healed Giovanni's illness?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Just came to a thought: Giovanni, Lance and Pryce are going to fight the creation trio,right? What if they will use Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-oh,respectively? Mewtwo could've changed his attitude towards Giovanni after FRLG, Lance tried to control Lugia once - maybe this time it will acknowledge him. As for Pryce and Ho-oh, he order it once, why not for the second time. All in all, all three of these legendaries are available in HGSS, two of them being box mascots.

G-SANtos

I too am pretty sure the PWT will be featured in B2W2. However, I still don't like the idea of a reunion. The past reunions actually made sense because either the Dexholders all appeared in the respective games of the chapter (GSC) or all the characters tied in with the plot at the time (Emerald and possibly HGSS). B2W2's plot will probably be about neo-Team Plasma which doesn't concern any Dexholders preceding Gen V. Maybe at the end, there will be one big celebration tournament that could feature previous Dexholders as a cameo. I can only see that scenario as an opportunity for a reunion. Just a cameo, not them being involved in the plot.
We know Generation V takes place several years after Gen IV. My theory would be a decade later, based on the real life passage of time since GS's release and the fact that the difference between RG and GS is three years in both real life and fiction, but we don't know for sure how much time actually passed between them.

I believe the Pokémon World Tournament will be BW2's main focus, as the League was already featured in BW. If I'm correct, then a reunion is certain, because its absence would be an insult to the main point of the World Tournament: A crossover.

Just came to a thought: Giovanni, Lance and Pryce are going to fight the creation trio,right? What if they will use Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-oh,respectively? Mewtwo could've changed his attitude towards Giovanni after FRLG, Lance tried to control Lugia once - maybe this time it will acknowledge him. As for Pryce and Ho-oh, he order it once, why not for the second time. All in all, all three of these legendaries are available in HGSS, two of them being box mascots.
Last time we saw Mewtwo he was chasing Saque (Sird). I doubt he would be with Sakaki (Giovanni) now.
And from what I heard, at the end of GSC there was a text saying that Lugia and Ho-Oh were never seen again, so maybe Kusaka decided to never more have them appear in the manga. Though he can always change his mind.

Last edited:

Pokemonspecialgerman

Maybe Giovanni isn't a criminal anymore. The Pokemon World isn't so strict, I mean..
The seven sages are a part of a criminal organisation who have captured legendary pokemon, damaged the pokemon liga, tried to take over the world ect.
And the international police let them go after just 2 years. (Or rather 1 year because they needed a lot of time to regroup, find information about kyurem, capture it, create a giant airship ect ect..) Charon must be a free man right now too. So maybe they don't care about Giovanni at all after such a long time.

Macromind101

Maybe Giovanni isn't a criminal anymore. The Pokemon World isn't so strict, I mean..
The seven sages are a part of a criminal organisation who have captured legendary pokemon, damaged the pokemon liga, tried to take over the world ect.
And the international police let them go after just 2 years. (Or rather 1 year because they needed a lot of time to regroup, find information about kyurem, capture it, create a giant airship ect ect..) Charon must be a free man right now too. So maybe they don't care about Giovanni at all after such a long time.

No...only two sages appeared in Black and White 2. The old Plasma grunts probably helped Rood escape prison and the new Plasma grunts helped Zinzolin escape because they knew he was still loyal to Ghetsis. And btw we don't even know if Looker imprisoned the sages. He might have searched for the sages just to get questions out of them. He might have let them go after that.

My theory on Giovanni (in the games) is that after the Celebi event in HGSS Giovanni took some time to reform. After reformation he went back to society and since not a lot of people know about Giovanni's affiliations with Team Rocket (if they did then Giovanni wouldn't be gym leader during Gen I and III) they just assumed he went on some long journey and gave him back his gym leader position (and booted Blue out because his traveling was causing too many inconvenience).

Ludger

スポック
really surprised to see yanagi alive. i can't wait for the explanation of how he's alive still and why he's with wataru and sakaki. Not to mention sakaki illness; he seems to look fine and badass in that shot.
told all of you soo So Happy 100x

Last edited:

Macromind101

Okay one question. When Silver is feigning suicide and the Rocket generals release their Pokemon to stop him, is that Vileplume really Petrel's? So far in the manga, none of the Rocket generals owned a Pokemon that they haven't owned in the games (or at least a Pokemon completely unrelated to their game counterpart's by evolution regarding Petrel's Golbat). Also, we never saw that Vileplume before so why would it appear at the last minute in just one panel? And Petrel asked Ariana and Proton for help. What was the point of that if the two wouldn't send out their Pokemon to help stop Silver? Okay and Kusaka tends to not leave a character's Pokemon unevolved if their game counterpart's Pokemon of the same species evolved from what I've seen (in most cases, I admit there are a few exceptions, albeit few). Ariana's Gloom evolved in the games so I would think that Kusaka would portray it as evolved at some point in the manga.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
To be honest, i don't think that's important.
Back in the DP chapter there were character profiles for the Galactic admins showing their roosters and some of the Pokemon where shadowed because they haven't appeared by then and they never did.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
To be honest, i don't think that's important.
Back in the DP chapter there were character profiles for the Galactic admins showing their roosters and some of the Pokemon where shadowed because they haven't appeared by then and they never did.

Yep. Remember Saturn's Zubat and how it never showed up?

At least Saturn I can understand. What's up with Jupiter and Skuntank, which was her main Pokemon in the games.

e9310103838

Yep. Remember Saturn's Zubat and how it never showed up?

At least Saturn I can understand. What's up with Jupiter and Skuntank, which was her main Pokemon in the games.

I have asked Kusaka this problem, but he did not respond......

Mars even has Electivire but has not been included in her team presentation. ;042;

Weedy Spyze

There are a lot of times in the manga where a character isn't given their main Pokemon in the games. The Hoenn Elite Four were big offenders of this. Four of the most powerful trainers in the region, and yet they're using crap like Spheal and Snorunt. Drake didn't get his Salamence, because Salamence's only role had to be scarring Ruby and Sapphire for life. And Sidney didn't get his Absol either, replaced by a Zangoose of all things.

Also Flannery never used Torkoal (it was used by one of the Magma admins, Tabitha I believe) but I was glad that they gave her a Vulpix, which really suits her imo. Now carry on with whatever conversation you were discussing which I'm sure didn't have much to do with this lol.

Last edited:

e9310103838

There are a lot of times in the manga where a character isn't given their main Pokemon in the games. The Hoenn Elite Four were big offenders of this. Four of the most powerful trainers in the region, and yet they're using crap like Spheal and Snorunt. Drake didn't get his Salamence, because Salamence's only role had to be scarring Ruby and Sapphire for life. And Sidney didn't get his Absol either, replaced by a Zangoose of all things.

Also Flannery never used Torkoal (it was used by one of the Magma admins, Tabitha I believe) but I was glad that they gave her a Vulpix, which really suits her imo. Now carry on with whatever conversation you were discussing which I'm sure didn't have much to do with this lol.

But Wallace got his team in the games......in addition to Milotic. ;341;

Weedy Spyze

^ Oh yeah that's another one, Wallace never got Milotic. And reading another thread made me realize that Wally never got Gardy, either.

There were way too many "exclusive" Pokemon in that arc. In fact I don't remember Gardevoir appearing at all in that arc, if she did then someone can remind me.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Sometimes I don't get their choice either. Gardevoir being one of them... it ended up showing up in one panel as a rental pokemon in the Pokemon Factory? I was for sure Ruru was going to evolve all the way, but no.

And why didn't he give Sidney a dark Pokemon?! Shiftry would have been fine even though there was a wild on in Fortree City, since the Elite Four's pokemon didn't even get that much screen time. Plus Zangoose had already been seen as a wild pokemon also.

Most recently was Dusknoir. They could have given it to Dahlia instead of giving her Togekiss, since Togekiss will be a main part of HGSS. But now, Dusknoir now gets a lame cameo with the radio director? Why? Or why give Argenta Dragonite of all pokemon, it isn't exactly UNDER-featured.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sometimes I don't get their choice either. Gardevoir being one of them... it ended up showing up in one panel as a rental pokemon in the Pokemon Factory? I was for sure Ruru was going to evolve all the way, but no.

And why didn't he give Sidney a dark Pokemon?! Shiftry would have been fine even though there was a wild on in Fortree City, since the Elite Four's pokemon didn't even get that much screen time. Plus Zangoose had already been seen as a wild pokemon also.

Most recently was Dusknoir. They could have given it to Dahlia instead of giving her Togekiss, since Togekiss will be a main part of HGSS. But now, Dusknoir now gets a lame cameo with the radio director? Why? Or why give Argenta Dragonite of all pokemon, it isn't exactly UNDER-featured.

Because at that point, the HeartGold & SoulSilver chapter didn't exist.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Yeah, didn't exist in physical form, but surely in storyboard or draft form... clearly my expectations for Kusaka's future planning are too high.

Way too high. Sometimes I wonder if he even knows where he's going with a arc during the first, well, ~20%.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Now that I think about it, I have to disagree... Kusaka def plans ahead pretty far, and I'm sure he gets advanced info. He foreshadowed Blue's fears of Ho-Oh with a silhouette of Ecruteak all the way back in Vol 3, and that didn't come out until Vol 14.