• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures volume 42

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Now that I think about it, I have to disagree... Kusaka def plans ahead pretty far, and I'm sure he gets advanced info. He foreshadowed Blue's fears of Ho-Oh with a silhouette of Ecruteak all the way back in Vol 3, and that didn't come out until Vol 14.

It's not exactly advanced since Ho-Oh was known because of the anime's first episode.

And wasn't GS in production by then?

Last edited:

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
And wasn't GS in production by then?

GS would have been very far along in development. And even so, wasn't Ho-Oh confirmed to be in GS as early as the "Pocket Monsters 2" days? And even then, Mato could have easily used the first anime episode as a reference to drawing Ho-Oh.

And still, if Kusaka didn't have access he could have made Blue afraid of any sort of bird Pokemon. Having it be a legendary that wasn't (as well) known to the audience was just icing on the cake.

e9310103838

Ho-Oh announced in anime with SP began serialization in the same period.

Although this time is not clear what kind of Pokémon Ho-Oh is, but I think Kusaka has a bottom. ;250;