• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures volume 42

Platina_Berlitz

13th Pokedex Holder
You're awesome Coronis.

So Volumn 43 truly begins of BW chapter arc. I'm still excited that there're some HGSS chapters left in Vol.43. How's the conclusion of HGSS proceed? ><

You said the Sinnoh dexholders may reunite with the older dexholders. I think that fabulous because in Vol.41 Morty state that Jasmine is still in Sinnoh and we saw her in Vol.31. So it's hardly possible that Sinnoh dexholders will appear in Vol.43 because of a same time. (However, it's still possible in Pokemon Special, even Pryce has come back.)

Last edited:

Macromind101

The only thing I would have wished for HGSS and they still might appear and that's Ho-oh and Lugia appearing. These two are the faces of HeartGold and SoulSilver so I would hope they would have appeared in some shape or form. Still scratching my head why they used Arceus in Johto but then I remember Deoxys in FRLG and I know why. But with Pryce here it's not to hard to believe that Lugia and Ho-oh could appear, right guys? Guys?

Well Rayquaza didn't appear in the Emerald chapter...

e9310103838

Well Rayquaza didn't appear in the Emerald chapter...

But it appear in RS.

And Ho-oh and Lugia never appears in the fourth generation......

I hope Shinnoh and Hoenn dex holders can appear even

Because Shinnoh dex holders is the fourth generation of the protagonist,

and Hoenn dex holders do not appear, next appearance will be adult.

(Emerald debut as a 11-year-old, and his next appearance will be adult......oh.)

At the same time, we need to be accountable Lati@s and Manaphy things. ;245;

Wolverine

The one and only!
Well, sink me and call me an Aipom's uncle. This is blowing my mind.

Seriously, though. Why would Giovanni work with Pryce??? Does he even KNOW that Pryce kidnapped his child and used him as a slave? Heh, it's like Silver's mentors are all working together. But that is so, so out of left field - what reason could they possibly have for working together?

Some weird stuff going on around here. VERY happy that there's gonna be another HGSS volume. This is great news.

Last edited:

Macromind101

Well, sink me and call me an Aipom's uncle. This is blowing my mind.

Seriously, though. Why would Giovanni work with Pryce??? Does he even KNOW that Pryce kidnapped his child and used him as a slave? Heh, it's like Silver's mentors are all working together. But that is so, so out of left field - what reason could they possibly have for working together?

Some weird stuff going on around here. VERY happy that there's gonna be another HGSS volume. This is great news.

Well, perhaps the quote "The enemy's enemy is your friend" applies here? Something tells me the reason those three are working together (the three most unlikely trio given that in the past they had motives against each other) may not be the Rocket executives and Arceus. Okay, they kidnapped Lance so he has motives against them. Petrel attacked Silver so there's Giovanni's motive against them but then again it's just Petrel, not all four of them and also Giovanni doesn't need to team up with two former enemies to take them down. And for Pryce, I don't see why he has any motive against the Rocket executives. There has to be some sort of big boss behind the Rocket executives that makes it necessary for the three original PokeSpecial villains to team up.

P.S. Oh, and on the matter of Pichu, Volume 42 shows the team profile of Gold, Silver and Crys (like they did to Red, Green, Blue, Yellow in FRLG). Pichu is added as an extra box, and a caption says 'As Gold's team currently has six other Pokemon, he is not carrying Pichu with him now, but...!?'

Coronis~

Perhaps he's with Yellow then...I can't see Kusaka leave such an important Pokemon in the box and completely ignore him...

Last edited:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just some personal afterthoughts on Volume 42 and some predictions, mostly statistical and data wise.

With the three former villains teaming up, it seems that they will focus on taking down Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, as Gold will still be dealing with Arceus himself (the Togepi plot).

I wonder if any of them will bring along some past legendaries (like how Blue took the Kanto birds with her in the GSC series). I don't know if these three dragons will be considered 'abnormal' Pokemon (like the fake Kyogre in Emerald), but in the games, they are legitimate Pokemon. So if the writers decided not to kill them off (disintegrate them), I also wonder if each of the former villains will end up catching one of the dragons, to their respective former motives. (Dialga - Pryce, Palkia - Lance, Giratina - Giovanni).

I previously said that it is unlikely that other Dex Holders will show up, but perhaps there will be a small chance that Cynthia enters the scene with the Sinnoh Dex Holders? This could hopefully give some screentime to Manaphy and Phione if they are still with them, although it's a far-fetched idea.

In fact, a lot of previous Dex Holders have already had cameos (or being mentioned):
1) Red - when Gold recalls the Radio Director spying on his training with Red at Mt. Silver
2) Green - the Rhyperior trading and evolution scene
3) Blue - when Silver recalls her giving him the Razor Claw and Dusk Stone
4) Emerald - when Crys was talking to Silver on the ferry ride to Ecruteak

I agree that somehow the BW series will be hinted seeing how every generation forecasts the next. For Leafeon, the only unfeatured Pokemon, chances are it will be seen in one of the post-war scenes, owned by some ordinary trainer.

For the 6 missing attacks, all but one could easily be featured seeing how at least someone at the scene owns a Pokemon that could use it:
1) Assurance - Silver's Honchkrow, Weavile, or even Giovanni's Beedrill
2) Copycat - Gold's Sudowoodo, Crys's Smoochum
3) Rock Wrecker - Silver's Rhyperior
4) Switcheroo - Gold's Ambipom
5) Tailwind - Gold's Togekiss, Silver's Honchkrow, Cry's Xatu

The only problematic one is Acupressure. I checked the list, and Yellow's Dodrio is capable of using this. There is also the fact that Gold's Pichu seems to be hinted that it will appear, although it is currently not on Gold's team. Could Yellow actually come back in Vol 43?

Well, all the above are just personal thoughts and predictions of mine. Nothing concrete. On an interesting note, as I'm starting to compile the BW materials, I discovered that only 22 BW Pokemon have yet to make an appearance (or cameo). Attacks on the other hand, is a completely different matter.

P.S. Porygon-Z appeared as a Pokemon used by a virtual trainer Platinum fought at the Battle Castle.

Coronis~

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well, if they aren't used, there's always BW.

(Wait. Silver has a Rhyperior and it hasn't used its (former, as of gen V) sig move? That doesn't make any sense.

Macromind101

Just some personal afterthoughts on Volume 42 and some predictions, mostly statistical and data wise.
P.S. Porygon-Z appeared as a Pokemon used by a virtual trainer Platinum fought at the Battle Castle.
Coronis~

Okay I forgot Porygon-Z making an appearance in the Battle Castle but I still think Blue's Porygon2 should make an appearance and evolve. There were very few instances where a Pokemon belonging to a main character didn't evolve when there was nothing stopping it from evolving.

No. No they don't.

They're just mindless creatures.

Actually I'm fine with the Creation trio being destroyed. They were materialized. They didn't come from eggs like normal Pokemon are (and yes, they came from eggs in the game event so don't retaliate by saying they are special because they're legendaries). And they were created under evil will. Their only purpose is to destroy. That doesn't make them any different from the monster Kyogre Guile made. And plus, in the manga there wasn't any instances where there were two of the same legendary Pokemon species and both survived. So all the background behind the second Creation trio set makes them monsters rather than real Pokemon.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Actually I'm fine with the Creation trio being destroyed. They were materialized. They didn't come from eggs like normal Pokemon are (and yes, they came from eggs in the game event so don't retaliate by saying they are special because they're legendaries). And they were created under evil will. Their only purpose is to destroy. That doesn't make them any different from the monster Kyogre Guile made. And plus, in the manga there wasn't any instances where there were two of the same legendary Pokemon species and both survived. So all the background behind the second Creation trio set makes them monsters rather than real Pokemon.

You do realize Pokemon is short for Pocket Monsters, don't you....

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Originally posted by Coronis

With the three former villains teaming up, it seems that they will focus on taking down Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, as Gold will still be dealing with Arceus himself (the Togepi plot).

I wonder if any of them will bring along some past legendaries (like how Blue took the Kanto birds with her in the GSC series). I don't know if these three dragons will be considered 'abnormal' Pokemon (like the fake Kyogre in Emerald), but in the games, they are legitimate Pokemon. So if the writers decided not to kill them off (disintegrate them), I also wonder if each of the former villains will end up catching one of the dragons, to their respective former motives. (Dialga - Pryce, Palkia - Lance, Giratina - Giovanni).

I previously said that it is unlikely that other Dex Holders will show up, but perhaps there will be a small chance that Cynthia enters the scene with the Sinnoh Dex Holders? This could hopefully give some screentime to Manaphy and Phione if they are still with them, although it's a far-fetched idea.

I agree that somehow the BW series will be hinted seeing how every generation forecasts the next. For Leafeon, the only unfeatured Pokemon, chances are it will be seen in one of the post-war scenes, owned by some ordinary trainer.

The only problematic one is Acupressure. I checked the list, and Yellow's Dodrio is capable of using this. There is also the fact that Gold's Pichu seems to be hinted that it will appear, although it is currently not on Gold's team. Could Yellow actually come back in Vol 43?

Well, all the above are just personal thoughts and predictions of mine. Nothing concrete. On an interesting note, as I'm starting to compile the BW materials, I discovered that only 22 BW Pokemon have yet to make an appearance (or cameo). Attacks on the other hand, is a completely different matter.

Coronis~

Dang. You make better predictions than I do.

Let's see. If Yellow is coming back with Pichu, she would also need her Pikachu and Red's Pikachu to perform Volt Tackle again. If I remember again, I say I saw a picture of her looking for Lance along with Blue. I don't know if that is true or false, but I can't remember where I saw that picture.

Cynthia should come back. Why? During the game, she appears in the Sinjoh Ruins showing the hero about the three legendary Pokemon if you bring Arceus. But not the Sinnoh Trio since they're preoccupied for contests. She should know since Cynthia does know about Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Former villains trying to catch the fake Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. That idea sounds kinda interesting, so long as they aren't still evil. I wonder what the real creation trio would think about fake versions of themselves running around XD

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Interesting theory Coronis, so it's possible that Yellow appears in the HGSS arc. She is the only Kanto dexowner that didn't had a cameo, not that it matters much. I think the fake creation trio will be destroyed. It'll be quite troublesome if they run around creation havoc and special never has double legendary except for Deoxys, but that one came from space.

Macromind101

Interesting theory Coronis, so it's possible that Yellow appears in the HGSS arc. She is the only Kanto dexowner that didn't had a cameo, not that it matters much. I think the fake creation trio will be destroyed. It'll be quite troublesome if they run around creation havoc and special never has double legendary except for Deoxys, but that one came from space.

If Yellow does appear (god I hope she does, not cuz of her but for Pichu) then perhaps that could tie in with the Spiky-eared Pichu plot? Sorry lolipiece, I just want to see that happen in the manga, no matter how irrelevant it is. After all, spiky DOES have the Zap Plate (okay well not important anymore) and I still think Gold's Pichu could fill in as the Pikachu-colored Pichu. In the manga, it's the only one of its kind so no one would know whether it's shiny or not.

Can I just say how much I called 42 not being the final volume? 'Cause I totally did.
That being said, I didn't expect Pryce. I don't think anyone could.

...I think I called Pryce reappearing in the HGSS arc through time-travel with Celebi during the Giovanni event like two years ago on mangafox threads back when the magazine runs of HGSS was still going on. XD

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Short comments based on the first two images lolipiece posted: Yay Lance! Meh Giovanni. Gag Pryce.

So, the best villain is teaming up with the worst villain, and the most overrated villain is also along for the ride. Huh.

Macromind101

Short comments based on the first two images lolipiece posted: Yay Lance! Meh Giovanni. Gag Pryce.

So, the best villain is teaming up with the worst villain, and the most overrated villain is also along for the ride. Huh.

I see it more like the three original main villains of the manga teaming up to form a trio, and to top it off it's a hate triangle since all three of them have had conflicts with each other in the past, like, WAY past. Giovanni and Lance fought each other at Cerise in the Yellow chapter, Lance was working behind the scenes to defeat Pryce in the GSC chapter, and Pryce kidnapped Giovanni's son to use as a slave in the events preceding the manga. And like people said previously in the thread, all three of them correspond to the elements each of the Creation trio has control over.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

You know I was trying to think if there were any double legendaries running around the world other then Deoxys but none came to mine. Brandon used the same Regis from RS I believe, and Anabel got the same Raikou that teamed up with Gold. And Blue (girl) obviously captured the same Bird trio that was in Kanto. Hmm, could that be why we didn't see legendaries under the Sinnoh Frontier control? Well other then like Cresselia. I mean Palmer doesn't have Regigagas since Dia owns that guy. At least as far as we know he doesn't have one.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Giovanni and Lance fought each other at Cerise in the Yellow chapter, Lance was working behind the scenes to defeat Pryce in the GSC chapter, Pryce kidnapped Giovanni's son to use as a slave in the events preceding the manga.

If they're going to team up then I would love for Sakaki to find out it was Yanagi that kidnapped his son. I'm sure Yanagi would of been dead instead of still alive if Sakaki knew. And I'm is hoping this team up won't work like expected in the end simply because all 3 don't like each other, especially Yanagi (who I don't even know why he is teaming up with the two people that he should hate...). I'm all up for some villain drama.

Macromind101

Okay I finished reading Coronis's summary of Volume 42 and there is something I noticed that I think should be brought to attention. First, now that Giovanni is present at the scene, Archer accomplished his goals that made the Arceus plot happen in the first place so I would think that there is no more reason for him to control Arceus. Archer would now probably follow Giovanni's instructions and the only scenario where Archer would continue attempting destruction is if Giovanni actually tells him to. And I don't think that's the case because I would think that after meeting his son and all, Giovanni would be reformed to some extent, or at least not causing havoc in front of his own son. Also, Giovanni is teaming up with two former enemies. And both of them look pretty grim. Based on their expressions, I would think that more pandemonium is about to ensue. But here's the thing: Arceus is no longer under Archer's control. It is under its own will and from what I recall, no Pokemon with free will intentionally cause chaos. And the Creation trio probably aren't out to cause destruction either. The only times where legendaries cause chaos is when some villain makes them do so and right now there is no one attempting to cause destruction. So the only scenario I can see where everything seems to be resolved for everyone and yet things are not fine is if there was a greater evil behind the whole Arceus plot. I personally think it's Sird but then again I'm not Kusaka so anything can happen. Just throwing this out there.

If they're going to team up then I would love for Sakaki to find out it was Yanagi that kidnapped his son. I'm sure Yanagi would of been dead instead of still alive if Sakaki knew. And I'm is hoping this team up won't work like expected in the end simply because all 3 don't like each other, especially Yanagi (who I don't even know why he is teaming up with the two people that he should hate...). I'm all up for some villain drama.

Sorry I don't know Japanese names so I don't know who you're referring to. XD But something tells me that Giovanni already knows that Pryce was the one who kidnapped his son. All three are adults so they should have resolved their differences before teaming up. I don't think it would be a very good plot if past affairs interfere with the current teamwork. Save that for the teen dramas. Lance may have told Giovanni anyway. There must be something very grim going on for three of the most unlikely people to make a trio to team up together.

Last edited:

ElectricBassClef

[Volume summary]
Thanks, Coronis!

I see it more like the three original main villains of the manga teaming up to form a trio, and to top it off it's a hate triangle since all three of them have had conflicts with each other in the past, like, WAY past.
"Hate triangle" is a perfect way to describe it. There's just that enormous tension there--and it raises so many questions, like, as Evilchibi_pichu mentioned, does Gio even KNOW that Pryce kidnapped Silver? If he does, why is Pryce still alive? How on earth did those three ever team up in the first place? What transpired? Are they actually here to undermine the Four Generals' plans? Why would they care? etc. That's the power of the reveal on that very last page, simple and wordless and yet setting up a truly spectacular cliffhanger. Very well played, Mr. Kusaka. Quite impressive.