• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures volume 43

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
As you all know, new volume today.

I don't know much, but what I do know is that HGSS ends, BW begins.

[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/63fdab00ee0144ed70b8636d680ad737/tumblr_mh5sreUAVv1r1alb2o1_1280.png[/img139]

2ch put up pics, but I have no context to them. Especially the last one...

[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/67242efc40451362d9245a3edb2101d0/tumblr_mh5tylvjru1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/bc9f901635cec953e6640bd6571143d7/tumblr_mh5tylvjru1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/c93547fefb498bca54cd867082b03c25/tumblr_mh5tylvjru1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/746ebf28b455051e5addf6a208467268/tumblr_mh5tylvjru1r1alb2o4_1280.jpg[/img139]

Seriously, why is she in that outfit? Is that a fantasy? Petrel?

Last edited:

randomprophet

According to someone who managed to translate that last page posted,

Petrel got the drop on Lance by disguising himself as Yellow. How does he even do it...?

SmartD

It's funny when Crys kicks Gold in the face, I wonder why she did that.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I wonder if Kusaka changed the first round of the BW chapter. And how many rounds are in the volume? Who's in the backcover..The Striaton Trio??
So many questions! Hopefully Coronis will shed some light and soon!

Btw, the cover looks cooler when finished. I really like the Black and White backdrop..i presume all the following volumes will feature the same colors.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I love that Crys kicked Gold; that was priceless. I'm curious as to the reason for that kick. But I'm more excited about Yellow's - for want of a better word - cameo. I wish it were the real thing, but it seems it's Petrel using his knack for disguising himself as others. Too bad. I can't wait to learn more about what happened in the final moments of HGSS.

Macromind101

wtf...when I thought I finally saw a 17-year old Yellow...turns out it's just Petrel. I'm scarred for life. D:

What the hell...so Petrel managed to defeat Lance by simply disguising himself as Yellow? Seriously, Lance? Yellow is your worst fear? Oh my god, I'm sorry to say this but that's pathetic...

Sigh...I guess no Sird then. :(

Okay and I guess the "appearance" of Yellow completes the Kanto Dexholder scenes then. I wish they would show Ruby and Sapphire though. Then we would see all Generations I-IV Dexholders in Generation IV volumes and that, in a way, would be a Dexholder reunion (well not really, but still all of them would appear). Wait, but did Ruby and Sapphire appear in a flashback in either DP or Platinum?

Last edited:

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
I can't believe I forgot about Vol. 43 coming out!

I love the color scheme and choice of pattern on the cover. Just when I think Yamamoto's talent has peaked, he goes and impresses me even further!

...Is that Ye-- Oh, Petrel, you are one ****ed up person.

Sigh...I guess no Sird then.

Images are just now starting to trinkle out. There's still hope, yet.

(*snicker*)

Last edited:

arawn

Oh my Baby Yellow . The last picture made me feel uneasy . It's a bit . . . dark . I have a bad feeling for Yellow . If that's Petrel , then everything will be alright . . . But . . . I still have a bad feeling that the person is Yellow . I'm worry that maybe she has fought with Sird and something bad happened to her . Look at her eyes ! Oww that's too much . Maybe she only infiltrated in TR or the person was just Petrel .
And Lol at Gold . It's seem as he has said something stupid with Lance which pissed Crys off . I love your embarassed face , Crys :)

lolipiece

Staff member
wtf...when I thought I finally saw a 17-year old Yellow...turns out it's just Petrel. I'm scarred for life. D:

What the hell...so Petrel managed to defeat Lance by simply disguising himself as Yellow? Seriously, Lance? Yellow is your worst fear? Oh my god, I'm sorry to say this but that's pathetic...

Sigh...I guess no Sird then. :(

Okay and I guess the "appearance" of Yellow completes the Kanto Dexholder scenes then. I wish they would show Ruby and Sapphire though. Then we would see all Generations I-IV Dexholders in Generation IV volumes and that, in a way, would be a Dexholder reunion (well not really, but still all of them would appear). Wait, but did Ruby and Sapphire appear in a flashback in either DP or Platinum?

Uh, she is the only person that (we know) ever defeated him. It makes perfect sense.

e9310103838

I wonder if Kusaka changed the first round of the BW chapter. And how many rounds are in the volume? Who's in the backcover..The Striaton Trio??
So many questions! Hopefully Coronis will shed some light and soon!

Btw, the cover looks cooler when finished. I really like the Black and White backdrop..i presume all the following volumes will feature the same colors.

Palmer & Cresselia...... Late to wait for pic. ;488;

Last edited:

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Wait, but did Ruby and Sapphire appear in a flashback in either DP or Platinum?

Yeah, they showed a shadowed version of the Dexholders in one of the later DP chapters.

Uh, she is the only person that (we know) ever defeated him. It makes perfect sense.

Actually, some people (typically of the male persuasion) tend to think that all manly men are weak if they find themselves scared of women.

As lolipiece said, Lance's fear is completely rational because Yellow has that Viridian Forest Power Thingy and has whooped his ***.

arawn

Someone has mentioned about Sapphire get 8 badges in 80 days in DP arc . I don't know about Ruby though .
Yellow will be Lance's nightmare forever .

e9310103838

I looked at,

Palmer and Brandon had wake Regigigas, but it released in Snowpoint Temple.

Celebi in order to prevent trio dragon rebellion that saves Pryce out.

And Giovanni looking for Celebi that treatment his terminal illness.

Then the three people happened to meet.

Celebi treatment Giovanni, however, he still plans restructuring Team Rocket last.

Silver vowed to eradicate Team Rocket.

And...... HGSS happened a few years ago before DP...... WHAT!?

So Sird disappeared for more than three years? lol ;201-d;

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
I looked at,

Palmer and Brandon had wake Regigigas, but it released in Snowpoint Temple.

Celebi in order to prevent trio dragon rebellion that saves Pryce out.

And Giovanni looking for Celebi that treatment his terminal illness.

Then the three people happened to meet.

Celebi treatment Giovanni, however, he still plans restructuring Team Rocket last.

Silver vowed to eradicate Team Rocket.

And...... HGSS happened a few years ago before DP...... WHAT!?

So Sird disappeared for more than three years? lol ;201-d;

1 - Well, that explains how Gi was awoken. Because I was wondering why that hadn't be explained.

2 - Celebi ex machina to the rescue once again.

3 - Makes sense.

4 - The powers of plot convenience.

5 - Well, then.

6 - Huh. Not much of a family reunion, then.

7 - ...................Uh.....um....that's a shocker.

I mean, so HGSS is a prequel? I never expected that.

http://twitpic.com/by1nut/full
http://twitpic.com/by1o68/full

Oh God, Silver is watching Proteam Omega.

Last edited:

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
1 - Well, that explains how Gi was awoken. Because I was wondering why that hadn't be explained.

2 - Celebi ex machina to the rescue once again.

3 - Makes sense.

4 - The powers of plot convenience.

5 - Well, then.

6 - Huh. Not much of a family reunion, then.

7 - ...................Uh.....um....that's a shocker.

I mean, so HGSS is a prequel? I never expected that.

http://twitpic.com/by1nut/full
http://twitpic.com/by1o68/full

Oh God, Silver is watching Proteam Omega.

Lolz I get a feeling that if Dia and Silver meet they will get along surprisingly. Gold's face is hilarious.

Well at least we know what the DP and Platinum arc are like 3 years away from the Emerald arc. I guess no one saw that one coming.
I'm kinda disappointed in the ending. I was hoping for an awesome fight, but then Celebi fixes it as if it's nothing... I guess this is the first time Kusaka disappointed me.

As for points to take in;
No sign of Saque and we only got cameo's of the Kanto dexowners. So does that mean that Kusaka is planning to finish her off in the BW 2 arc? He's really making a mess with that.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
From the scans I really like Gold and Crystals little...whatever it is they are doing. Her kicking Gold shall be a classic. I need to get a avatar of Crys kicking Gold XD

For a second I was excited to hear about a Yellow cameo, but no it's just Petrel trolling us all. Oh well, I'm sure she'll turn up at some point. I am surprised that HGSS was before DP and Platinum, yet at the same time I'm not. The reason being DPPt had more BW future hints then HGSS so it makes sense in a way. Though it's interesting then that the Creation Trio confronted the Johto Dexholders before the Sinnoh Dexholder fought them. Not that it matters as the Sinnoh ones seem like the real deal.

I guess we'll have to see what happens next. Still HGSS was alright, but feels like it could have been more. I wonder why Red and the Kanto gang didn't cameo in the flesh? Well Green kinda did.

Edit: Well since DPPt happened after HGSS I guess that makes it impossible for Sird to die off there. Are we really going to wait until BW2? Sird will be like a old woman when they finally finish her. Unless we get a Celebi situation.

Last edited:

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Alright, picked up Vol. 43, and I must say while it gave a more fulfilling end to HGSS, it introduced quite a lot of potential problems in the series with respect to the timeline and the issue of existence.

1) The Dialga, Palkia and Giratina created here at the Mystri Stage are the same ones that appeared in the DPPt series. Pryce explained that Dialga and Palkia are already hostile towards Giratina because they retained their 'memories' from the ancient past. This suggests that this trio were not exactly created from scratch, but more like they existed in the past during the creation of the world, vanished/disappeared/died-off somehow, and Arceus is just bringing them back to life, 'resurrecting' them from their ancient selves as spoken in the myths.

2) Lance explained that Arceus actually wasn't really forced by Archer to do anything. Rather, it followed its own will all along. When it descended from its realm, it carried the conflicting attitude of eliminating humans, yet keeping a small hope for humans as well. It created the DPPt trio to start destroying the world.

3) Pryce explained that the Sinjoh ruins do not really exist in the real world. Rather, it exists in an alternate dimension that links Sinnoh and Johto (which is why it appeared mapless on the Pokegear, I guess you can think of it like the Hall of Origin at the Spear Pillar). When Pryce fell into the voids of time, due to Celebi's will, he saw many things, including how legendaries were born, back during the time when Pokeballs do not exist. He also saw the future, saw how Celebi voluntary joined a trainer to prevent destruction (aka Ruby and the RS series), and saw the eventual total destruction of both Johto and Sinnoh due to the DPPt trio wrecking havoc at the Sinjoh Ruins (it is said that since this place links up both regions, its destruction will lead to the complete destruction of these 2 regions too). That is the reason Celebi brought Pryce back, to stop the DPPt trio.

4) When Pryce was still in the voids of time, he called out for help and Lance happened to be the one who responded to him. Pryce told him all about the future and thus Lance sent his holograph message to Oak requesting help. Somehow, on the evening Pryce returned to the real world at the Ilex Forest, Giovanni was there, because he was seeking Celebi too to cure his illness (after having heard of the Pokeathlon tale about Celebi being the mythical Pokemon who could heal diseases). Giovanni was hostile towards Pryce at the beginning, actually attacking him so bad that he nearly killed him. But Lance appeared and convinced Giovanni to work with them to stop the crisis which would destroy the world first (which destruction will include Silver).

5) Ken, Al and Harry are back again, under the direct command of Giovanni. They own a Mime Jr. and Skorupi (also the Hypno from the yellow series), this let Kusaka showcased some attacks that were not featured yet. Let's just say all attacks were successfully featured at the end. And Leafeon gets it cameo with Glaceon with the kimono girls during one of the last panels.

6) As expected, Pryce takes on Dialga, Lance takes on Palkia and Giovanni takes on Giratina (with Silver's Ursaring). Dragonite's freely mobile Hyper Beam became useful here because when Palkia warped its Hyper Beam away, it simply changed directions, came back and hit Palkia. Kinda clever if you ask me.

7) While everyone was fighting at the Sinjoh Ruins, Celebi is actually finding the herbs and meds to cure Giovanni with the help of Gold's Pichu (don't ask me how, maybe through Oak?). Spikey-eared Pichu appears as a wild Pokemon, became Pich's friend and the two work together. Ken, Al and Harry are protecting them, but then a group of TR Grunts working under the Four Generals thought that Ken and co. are disobeying the Generals, and thus attacked them. The two Pichus fried them with their electric attacks.

8) The evolution of Gold's Togepi occurred like in the magazines, and Arceus is finally calmed. As its rage subsides, it sends Giratina into the Distortion World, and Dialga/Palkia back to the Spear Pillar. Celebi arrives in time to save Giovanni, and Giovanni (after revealing that although his aim was to find Silver, he couldn't deny some of his greed as TR's boss as well), decides to continue running Team Rocket. He offers to let Silver join, but Silver decides to continue to mission to disband Team Rocket with his own hands. Giovanni accepts this, and wants him to become stronger under Lance and Pryce, his two former teachers, and come back to challenge him some day.

9) Indeed, Lance was defeated by Petrel because he was temporarily fazed by him disguising as Yellow, the trainer who shared his hometown and his powers.

10) Cynthia is seen when Dialga and Palkia flew off to Sinnoh (her Garchomp was still a Gabite). She meets Palmer (who was a Frontier Brain in Johto at that time), and Palmer reveals that he has captured Regigigas with the help of his old friend, Brandon's Regis. However, he realized that he doesn't have much use of it and thus decided to release it back at the Snowpoint Temple (explaining why it was already awake when Platinum was there).

11) It is revealed that Proteinman Omega was actually the creation of the Goldenrod Radio Director, basing his character on Red's Pokemon. Silver is somehow addicted to it.

12) It is hinted that Dia's Munchlax may be hatched from the egg that was produced by Red and Emerald's Snorlaxes. Gold also mentioned that the Grampy and Granny from the Day Care will be moving to another region (guess that's how they ended up in Solaceon Town).

13) Finally, with all that said, HGSS happens before the DPPt series. There's no definite time indication, but it says that 'Time has passed and the stage has shifted', which indicated it may even be years. Long ago, when DP was first serialized in the magazines, it mentioned about Rowan returning to Sinnoh after 4 years of absence (alluding to his visit to Oak in Kanto/Johto for the Pokedexes). This was changed to 'some time' in the manga, but it seems that this 4 year time line between Emerald and DP may be true afterall. So Emerald -> 3 years -> HGSS -> 1 year -> DP? This puts Gold, Silver and Crys at 17, Red, Green, Blu at 20, Yellow at 18. And if the time lapse between BW and Platinum is a few years more, we do have adult Dex Holders by the time BW2 comes around. And for Saque, she's still on the run in that case (since Platinum is latest chapter that involves her, despite just a mention). And Mewtwo spent 4 years chasing after her not knowing that the Dex Holders have been restored? Poor Mewtwo.

Well, let's just digest what the writers just threw us in Vol. 43. The backcover is Palmer an Cresselia as stated. And there were four chapters of BW here, up to the Hiker Andy chapter. The only difference I see is an extra scene at the end when N watched how Black and Hiker Andy worked together to stop the fire.

Coronis~

Last edited: