• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Adventures volume 43

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Actually I'm pretty fine with HGSS. It was rushed, yes but I can see why with BW and all. That and I pretty much got out of PokeSpe and came back to reading it around this time so I didn't have anything crushed.

I can say it was better than the magazines. =P

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Why does Giovanni go back to running Team Rocket when it was stated in FRLG that he was only after Silver and it was implied that he wanted to leave the crime business to spend his last days with his son?

You just answered your own question. Giovanni only was going to leave crime because he was dying and wanted to spend the end of his life in peace with his son. But now Celebi has cured him; he's not dying anymore. So the temptation to return to being the leader of Team Rocket, which is something he has always sincerely believed in, is too great for him.

Why does Giovanni let him do this? Why would Giovanni want Silver to train under the man who kidnapped him? Why would he want Silver to challenge him sometime in the future anyway? If Giovanni is still a cold hearted criminal, why does he not shoot Silver? What was the point of the FRLG chapter?

Giovanni loves his son and is proud of him for being strong and wants him to be stronger, even if he stands against him. It's a win/win situation for him: if his crimes succeed, they succeed, but if they're thwarted by Silver, he feels good anyway because it's Silver doing it. It's certainly a weird father-son relationship, but it makes perfect sense to me.

As for Pryce, he's repented now and has alot to offer Silver. Giovanni isn't going to let an old grudge get in the way of pragmaticism, that's how he's always been.

Last edited:

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
I think Giovanni will quit Team Rocket again by BW2 and go back to being a gym leader in time for the PWT.
I don't really see that happening. He may visit the PWT to see the battle. Silver will be there participating for sure and his nr 1 enemy; Red. A villain as badass as Giovanni wouldn't quit team rocket off-screen and Green is the current Gym leader of Viridian and I don't think he will give up that position for an 'ex' criminal, who tried to kill him and his friends a few times. Nor do I think that the Pokemon association would accept Giovanni.

Macromind101

I don't really see that happening. He may visit the PWT to see the battle. Silver will be there participating for sure and his nr 1 enemy; Red. A villain as badass as Giovanni wouldn't quit team rocket off-screen and Green is the current Gym leader of Viridian and I don't think he will give up that position for an 'ex' criminal, who tried to kill him and his friends a few times. Nor do I think that the Pokemon association would accept Giovanni.

Well Giovanni seems to have gotten his position back in the games so Kusaka would probably find a way to have Blue relinquish his position to Giovanni somehow. I'm not sure if Silver would be participating but I think Red and Blue will be participating in the champions section for sure. And remember that the Pokemon association accepted Lt. Surge and Sabrina due to the lack of evidence despite Erika's attempts to testify against them. I think it will be the same case as Giovanni since other than other Rocket members and the Dexholders, there's really no evidence as I can see. Same thing will probably apply for Pryce as well; if the Dexholders keep their mouths shut, then he can get Mahogany gym running again and be able to participate in PWT with the other Johto gym leaders. Also, I'm sure that the Kanto Dexholders did gain a tiny bit of respect for Giovanni when they saw that his whole plan in FRLG was to find Silver again. That respect may be enough for them to not testify against him.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
You just answered your own question. Giovanni only was going to leave crime because he was dying and wanted to spend the end of his life in peace with his son. But now Celebi has cured him; he's not dying anymore. So the temptation to return to being the leader of Team Rocket, which is something he has always sincerely believed in, is too great for him.

That would make sense, but didn't Sakaki leave Silver to go search for a cure? So, he couldn't have been looking for peace with his son. This then brings up more questions. Why didn't he go searching for the cure before finding Silver? Did he need to see Silver alive before he bothered? Did he need to see if Silver was willing to take over if he did die (and if not, get cured)? Did he not know about the Celebi + cure until after he met Silver? Was he so close to death that some how he thought he was going to die before he ever found a cure/his son? Sakaki and the disease brings up too many questions that aren't answered or implied before adding Celebi curing the disease.

It's like a buffet of choices. I have a feeling it's supposed to be that Sakaki wanted to both see Silver agan and see if he was willing to become his heir. If so, then he can die knowing TR is passed down. If not, then it's time to find a cure!

As for Pryce, he's repented now and has alot to offer Silver. Giovanni isn't going to let an old grudge get in the way of pragmaticism, that's how he's always been.

The problem with Yanagi/Pryce is that exactly how does anyone know he's repented? Back in GSC, it was showed he could act very normal despite being on the crazy side. Was it shown that Yanagi had apologized and was regretful for what he did both in the voids of time and when he got out? When exactly did he win Sakaki's trust? It would of been nice to have a scene to establish Yanagi's character because for all we know he could of been pretending to repent so he could get out.

Of course, there's the possibility that Sakaki didn't care if Yanagi repented and secretly wanted Silver to defeat Yanagi himself and send the old man closer to his grave. I don't completely believe Sakaki is over his grudge just yet. After all, why not have Silver learn and get stronger and then get his revenge later? Heh.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
The summary of the last chapter was a lot to take in. Giant info rush. The arc did feel rushed, but I'm actually ok with it. I am a bit annoyed that Celebii is here to save the plot again. Wish the mangaka would think of something a bit different this time. However, since this arc takes place in Johto, I can somewhat let it slide. I think Gold was smacked because he said something about Crystal's clothes. Part of me is sad to see Giovanni going back to taking over Team Rocket, but I shouldn't be too surprised.

Even though the BW2 manga hasn't started yet, I can't wait to see PWT. I wonder how the mangaka will deal with the fact that Red and Green will be at least in their 20s by the time of BW2. As much as I would love to see all the old characters reunite in BW2, I can't see it because there will be too many characters to keep track of along with the gym leaders and champions. How will Kusaka explain why Green is now considered the champion when he's supposed to be Veridian's gym leader? Lots of questions to be answered.

Does anyone know how far the BW arc is right now? The furthest I got to was where Black defeated Clay.

Last edited:

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Even though the BW2 manga hasn't started yet, I can't wait to see PWT. I wonder how the mangaka will deal with the fact that Red and Green will be at least in their 20s by the time of BW2. As much as I would love to see all the old characters reunite in BW2, I can't see it because there will be too many characters to keep track of along with the gym leaders and champions. How will Kusaka explain why Green is now considered the champion when he's supposed to be Veridian's gym leader? Lots of questions to be answered.

There's no reason they can't give them all a cameo in an altogether panel. I'd like to see the Kanto leaders in their new designs... esp. Sabrina with her hair (though I'm guessing she'll make her appearance at Pokéstars studios)

e9310103838

The summary of the last chapter was a lot to take in. Giant info rush. The arc did feel rushed, but I'm actually ok with it. I am a bit annoyed that Celebii is here to save the plot again. Wish the mangaka would think of something a bit different this time. However, since this arc takes place in Johto, I can somewhat let it slide. I think Gold was smacked because he said something about Crystal's clothes. Part of me is sad to see Giovanni going back to taking over Team Rocket, but I shouldn't be too surprised.

Does anyone know how far the BW arc is right now? The furthest I got to was where Black defeated Clay.

It does not need to explain, since Red deemed the champion in FRLF (although only league winners not league champion.)

And I really hope all dex holders can reunite in B2W2. ;488;

And we will get Red, Green, Blue 24+, Yellow 22+, Gold, Silver, Crys 21+, Ruby, Sapphire 20+, and Emerald 19+ "at least" in B2W2 (due I speculated Pt and BW will have at least two years interval).

Sinnoh dex holders' age will be closest to Unova dex holders'.

Last edited:

Aeryn

8) Giovanni (after revealing that although his aim was to find Silver, he couldn't deny some of his greed as TR's boss as well), decides to continue running Team Rocket. He offers to let Silver join, but Silver decides to continue to mission to disband Team Rocket with his own hands. Giovanni accepts this, and wants him to become stronger under Lance and Pryce, his two former teachers, and come back to challenge him some day.

9) Indeed, Lance was defeated by Petrel because he was temporarily fazed by him disguising as Yellow, the trainer who shared his hometown and his powers.

8) So does this mean that we get to see the end of Team Rocket someday? Will Silver become the one to ultimately put a stop to Giovanni as implied? Then what about Red, Giovanni's archenemy(well he's kind of one.)? Will the two of them fight together(which would be epic)? I know there's no point of speculating at this point since even if Silver actually does battle Giovanni it's probably going to happen in the FAR future but I just can't stop wondering!

9) The more I think about this the more it becomes hilarious. Poor Lance, his battle with Yellow must've traumatized him really badly(after all, who can blame him?). I hope Lance gets to meet the real Yellow again someday though(although hopes are VERY low). Red met Giovanni again in the FRLG chapter and Gold, Silver & Crys met up with Pryce in vol 43 so I don't see why Yellow shouldn't meet him again. It would be really awesome if they ever decided to cooperate.

Last edited:

Trutown

Doctor
Giovanni loves his son and is proud of him for being strong and wants him to be stronger, even if he stands against him. It's a win/win situation for him: if his crimes succeed, they succeed, but if they're thwarted by Silver, he feels good anyway because it's Silver doing it. It's certainly a weird father-son relationship, but it makes perfect sense to me.

The weird father-son relationship still does not sense in the way you describe it. A real criminal boss would be very concerned about what his child was doing to disrupt his plans. The entirety of Team Rocket's agenda could be at stake.

Giovanni tried to kill Pryce earlier. If he really does care about Silver, he would still try to get justice.

I love repentance, but actions still have consequences. Pryce should still go to jail for his multiple acts of terrorism and Giovanni should still have resentment toward him. Pragmatism should have nothing to do with Giovanni's decision here.

The weird father-son relationship still does not sense in the way you describe it. A real criminal boss would be very concerned about what his child was doing to disrupt his plans. The entirety of Team Rocket's agenda could be at stake.

Giovanni tried to kill Pryce earlier. If he really does care about Silver, he would still try to get justice.

I love repentance, but actions still have consequences. Pryce should still go to jail for his multiple acts of terrorism and Giovanni should still have resentment toward him. Pragmatism should have nothing to do with Giovanni's decision here.

Their father-son relationship does make sense in ways though.
At this point, Giovanni will still run Team Rocket and probably won't quit until the day his son defeats him. And it looks like it really does have to be Silver to bring down Team Rocket. Giovanni himself said that he's looking forward to battling his son.

Also, killing Pryce is a stupid way of going about revenge. That's not justice, that's just stupid. If Giovanni had killed Pryce earlier, then they probably won't have been able to defeat Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Though you are right, Pryce is probably due for some jail time.

Macromind101

Yeah but remember that it looks like the Pokemon Association seem to be complete dumba**es. If there's no evidence (and apparently witnesses and testimonies don't count as evidence) then the person is innocent. Look at how Lt. Surge and Sabrina got off scotch-free besides Erika's testimony. And take note that no one really knows that Giovanni is/was the boss of Team Rocket besides Dexholders and grunts. If the Dexholders don't testify against him (and even if they do, in the Pokemon world it's still not guaranteed to work) because Silver didn't want them to or whatever then Giovanni is innocent. Same with Pryce. I think only the Kanto and Johto Dexholders knew that Pryce was behind the mask (I'm not even sure if the other kidnapped children know who their captor was) so if they don't testify, and again even if they do it's still not guaranteed to work, then Pryce will probably be set free. I mean, Mahogany gym does need a leader, right? Also, since Giovanni and Pryce helped stop the menace in HGSS, that may also help them earn forgiveness from the public, as well as give the Dexholders reason to not try to put them in jail. Lt. Surge and Sabrina helped defeat the Elite Four so Giovanni and Pryce may get forgiveness by doing service for the good the way I see it.

Yeah but remember that it looks like the Pokemon Association seem to be complete dumba**es. If there's no evidence (and apparently witnesses and testimonies don't count as evidence) then the person is innocent. Look at how Lt. Surge and Sabrina got off scotch-free besides Erika's testimony. And take note that no one really knows that Giovanni is/was the boss of Team Rocket besides Dexholders and grunts. If the Dexholders don't testify against him (and even if they do, in the Pokemon world it's still not guaranteed to work) because Silver didn't want them to or whatever then Giovanni is innocent. Same with Pryce. I think only the Kanto and Johto Dexholders knew that Pryce was behind the mask (I'm not even sure if the other kidnapped children know who their captor was) so if they don't testify, and again even if they do it's still not guaranteed to work, then Pryce will probably be set free. I mean, Mahogany gym does need a leader, right? Also, since Giovanni and Pryce helped stop the menace in HGSS, that may also help them earn forgiveness from the public, as well as give the Dexholders reason to not try to put them in jail. Lt. Surge and Sabrina helped defeat the Elite Four so Giovanni and Pryce may get forgiveness by doing service for the good the way I see it.

But dude, the Johto Gymleaders and I think the Kanto Gymleaders know about Pryce already. :U You don't remember? It was Whitney that pointed out that Pryce's cane tapping was a way of controlling pokemon.
In all honesty, I have no idea how they haven't been caught at all, but you are right that not very many people knew about Giovanni's involvement with Team Rocket.

Macromind101

But dude, the Johto Gymleaders and I think the Kanto Gymleaders know about Pryce already. :U You don't remember? It was Whitney that pointed out that Pryce's cane tapping was a way of controlling pokemon.
In all honesty, I have no idea how they haven't been caught at all, but you are right that not very many people knew about Giovanni's involvement with Team Rocket.

Yes and all Kanto gym leaders knew about Lt. Surge and Sabrina and look how that turned out. But I think that Pryce's aid in stopping the Creation trio may convince the Pokemon Association to cut him some slack and not throw him in prison or the Johto leaders to not testify against him since they think he turned good.

But thing is for HGSS it is centered around Johto and Celebi is a Johto Pokemon so it would make some sense if it got involved in the plot somehow. Though I can't stick up for Celebi's involvement in the RS chapter, though Kusaka explained it except it was nearly a decade later. But since it doesn't look like there will be any Johto games in the future, I doubt Celebi will get involved in the plot again.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Thanks for the summaries, Coronis.

This volume... the whole of HGSS arc are just... ugh. There are a few good ideas here and there, but most of them are either bad or written very badly. This volume shows that the HGSS arc is not only a rush job, but also a hack job. Trutown pretty much shows how weak the connections HGSS attempts to make are.

Kusaka should just make Celebi the main character. It'll help make it less of a massive deus ex machina.

This arc is a joke. Now we just need some future arc to write it out of existence.

I agree with some of your comments. I really had high hopes for the HGSS chapter, but it felt not only rushed, but just downright bland in some parts. A lot of things that should have happened didn't, and things that didn't really need to be brought up again showed up anyway; Pryce is a perfect example of this in my opinion. I don't think he had to return. His fate should have been left open-ended. Also, Celebi's purpose in the story went from being interesting to being really reductive and just plain tiresome. I'm also not a fan of the way Giovanni has turned out; I actually pitied him before, but now I just think he's a jerk who didn't really change. Overall though, I'm just glad that this arc is over.

Trutown

Doctor
If the Dexholders don't testify against him (and even if they do, in the Pokemon world it's still not guaranteed to work) because Silver didn't want them to or whatever then Giovanni is innocent. Same with Pryce. I think only the Kanto and Johto Dexholders knew that Pryce was behind the mask (I'm not even sure if the other kidnapped children know who their captor was) so if they don't testify, and again even if they do it's still not guaranteed to work, then Pryce will probably be set free.

Silver is smarter than that. He and Blue would totally press charges (not to mention Blue's parents if they found out). If he is not thrown in prison, then that is a mockery of the justice system. He commited acts of terrorism that were broadcast on national television. No one can deny he is a criminal. He can be repentant all he wants but it does not change the fact that he killed hundreds of people and ruined several lives.

I mean, Mahogany gym does need a leader, right? Also, since Giovanni and Pryce helped stop the menace in HGSS, that may also help them earn forgiveness from the public, as well as give the Dexholders reason to not try to put them in jail.

It doesn't matter. He killed people. He should go to jail for that. Just because he helped with what happened in HGSS (which will most likely be kept under wraps by the association) does not mean he can skip on jail time. The Dex Holders have plenty of reason to press charges. He tried to kill them.

This whole thing has made me realize something. While it looks like a manga, Pokemon Adventures is really just a super hero comic book. Villains aren't killed off so that they can appear later, everything goes back to the status quo at the end (no matter how bad things got), and people are automatically forgiven no matter how bad their crimes were (Avengers #200 anyone?).

There are many people who know about Giovanni's involvement in Team Rocket. They've just worked for him in the past and respect him, or they are scared of him. The Dex Holders are the only exception to this and they just don't do it for some unexplained reason.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Silver is smarter than that. He and Blue would totally press charges (not to mention Blue's parents if they found out). If he is not thrown in prison, then that is a mockery of the justice system. He commited acts of terrorism that were broadcast on national television. No one can deny he is a criminal. He can be repentant all he wants but it does not change the fact that he killed hundreds of people and ruined several lives.

But that has been years ago, they already got over that hateful past. Why would they still bother about something that happened a long time ago? They already confronted that in the GSC arc. They have opened a new chapter for their lives, no need to go back o the old ones

It doesn't matter. He killed people. He should go to jail for that. Just because he helped with what happened in HGSS (which will most likely be kept under wraps by the association) does not mean he can skip on jail time. The Dex Holders have plenty of reason to press charges. He tried to kill them.

Again that's in the past and Pryce had been stuck in time for so long. I think that's punishment enough, he repented for his sins and he was 'kinda' punished for that. Again why would the association bother with things that happened in the past?

This whole thing has made me realize something. While it looks like a manga, Pokemon Adventures is really just a super hero comic book. Villains aren't killed off so that they can appear later, everything goes back to the status quo at the end (no matter how bad things got), and people are automatically forgiven no matter how bad their crimes were (Avengers #200 anyone?).

There are many people who know about Giovanni's involvement in Team Rocket. They've just worked for him in the past and respect him, or they are scared of him. The Dex Holders are the only exception to this and they just don't do it for some unexplained reason.

What about Archie and Maxie? They got killed and the villains who are still around at least admitted what they did was wrong. Most of them have disappeared from the civilization. Like Lance and Cyrus. About Giovanni, Silver said he would stop him and I'm sure even Red still wants to beat him for good. So he still needs to meet his definitive end.

The only people who know about Giovanni are the dexowners and the team rocket member or Ex- Rocket member. The last two respect him, so there's no way to they'll sell him out and I'm sure the dexowners want to finish him off themselves. Besides Giovanni never showed himself in public, so he's like a shadow or a mirage. How can the Pokemon association catch someone whose whereabouts are unknown?

matt0044

If you can give Kusaka credit, it's how he emulates how the justice system in Pokemon is messed up. Heck, Team Galactic in the games is still active and outside Platinum, Cyrus is on the run. At least Looker's cool...