• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Agate

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikadude43

Pokemon Agate

Protoganists3677820805-iaza.png

The male and female protoganist
~by pbfhdude~

Water_line_dex_pics_3261225978-iaza.png

Birss_Dex_pic_14828.PNG

~credit to pbfhdude and Kecleo~

WIP's
tut3749275221-iaza.gif

~credit to metalflygon~

firepup.png

The fire starter fanart. I decided to call it Firuppy (FIRe-pUPPY)
~credit to Junpearl~​

I will update this post as i go

Helpers
Kecleoshrew-storyline and stuff like that
Pbfhdude-spriter
Junpearl-spriter
Metalflygon-spriter
JIMAHH!!-spriter
Squilicky-making towns
Aclover-items

this was aproved by dragonfree

Last edited:

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Hoho, wow. I really like the evos Pika. Great Job. Ima just working on storyline.

pikadude43

thanks kecleo and im working on the fire starter now but im not gonna do a dog i dont think
its gonna be a bear or something like that

Yami Ryu

Hoho, wow. I really like the evos Pika. Great Job. Ima just working on storyline.

Yeeeaaaah. That's real helpful.

Great job? No I'm sorry not great job. First of all, the red caps.. hats.. antenai? Don't have any outline really- and they are blindingly bright to me. The shading is also off and wonky; especially for something that should be shaded a bit C and the first just has .. no real effort on the shading at all.

How are they water types btw? They just look like tentacle hentai alien monster things that glow :/

Outside of that the last two are extremly cut and paste-ish. You don't bother to attempt to make the parts look like they belong on the body. The shading also leaves alot to be desired since there's some rampant MLS syndrom [multi light source] and you poorly edited on the slaughtered parts- and poorly scratched when you did :/

Practice scratching and splicing more. Practice shading.

pikadude43

i didnt make the last two
but me and kecleoshrew dont the first one and i no the shading is off on that one and they are water types because they are jellyfish

Yami Ryu

Can you please type in english.

It's DONE not dont and Know not no :/

and who gives a crap who did it the advice still stands ffs .-.

And no. They don't look like jellyfish.

Tentacool looks like a Jellyfish.

These are one eyed blobs- and I'm not sorry that I'm bursting your bubble over that.

-Raiga-

well ok what shall i do completely start again and get rid of them ?

No, I think all Ryu wants is for you to take the advice in mind, because when you post the sprites, your the one who accepts the criticism as opposed to who did them.

Getting rid of them would be a waste since you already spent time on them, and Yami's advice was towards THOSE sprites, not new ones you would make. So I would just work with the people who made them in the first place and try to perfect on her advice.

Lord_Storm

I think the same as Yami, they dont look like jellyfish and the first one is really bad

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Okay, just a small bit of advice.
Being jellyfish doesn't automaticaly make them water. Torcoal's fire, correct? Following the Jellyfish=Water logic would suggest that a tortose pokemon would be Normal/Water, Ground/Water, plain Ground, Water or Normal. But he isn't. He's fire.
Remember to lift those borders on your imagination. You can use a animal for the main body shape, but pretty much forget where it lives (Well, aside from the fact that you have to remember things such as how a thing with a body designed for, say, the sky, can be altered for, say, the sea). Heck, I can think of how a Flying type jellyfish could work quite easily, for example. Once you free yourself from such restraints, creating fakemon becomes a whole lot easier.

pikadude43

thanks everyone ill alk to the others and tell them the advivce in the mean tiime im working on the grass starters

Edit
Birss_Dex_pic_1840449958-iaza.png

This is Birss it is the grass starter

Last edited:

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Uh, even though i help here, i think its too small, and it doesnt really look like a bird XD

pikadude43

i know its small i based it of like togepi size
and its not suposed to look like a normal bird its like he weakest starter

Yami Ryu

Pikadude: WHAT DID I SAY WITH THE JELLYFISH.

Practice scratching and splicing more. Practice shading.

The eyes of the bird seem to pretty much be copy paste, the beak doesn't seem to really fit. The wings aren't matching up and the shading is just well it's crap. Just crap. Overall it's just flat crap :/

Use OFFICIAL SPRITES FOR A VISUAL on what you should start to be doing. And practice. Instead of doing a sprite out and instantly posting it the second you're done with it.

pikadude43

ok i took your advice in but can i ask you something why the hell are you saying copy and paste ?
it is from scratch not c&p

pikadude43

ohh i was just asking because i thought it said they were copy and paste
also which pokemon do you think i should use for referance and stuff for my grass starter then?

pbfhdude

Ok guys taken the crit on the sprites i made in and the new ones will be done by 4pm 2moz

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Oh, the main characters.
I can tell they're edited, but I can't tell what from, so they're pretty decent splices, as far as splices go. The only two serious issues is that one of the male's fingers look detached, and the girl looks a little... weighed down. Maybe make the gloves tighter?

pikadude43

Oh, the main characters.
I can tell they're edited, but I can't tell what from, so they're pretty decent splices, as far as splices go. The only two serious issues is that one of the male's fingers look detached, and the girl looks a little... weighed down. Maybe make the gloves tighter?

What do you mean weighed down?
and i will have new sprites soon

Status
Not open for further replies.