• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Alive on Discovery Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Torrence

[Just a joke to share we you guys haha ha ha]

I was thinking about the Real Pokemon Thread

Trailer of the Pokemon Alive Documentary {Script Format}

First we see the discovery channel logo get discovered by the pixellated gameboy hero then the usual wild pokemon encounter animation.

We assumed that they lived in Gameboy cartridges
Then We see a photorealistic Pikachu sitting on the table eating an apple, it says "pika"

We assumed that we could train them
Next we see a photorealistic beedrill, with fur and carnivorous jaws, landing on a canteen table and you see students running.

We assumed that they cannot be found in Saudi Arabia
After that We see a Photorealistic Charizard flying over an oilfield, it breathes fire

We were wrong

A scientific exploration of the anime that took the world by storm

Next We see a horde of scythers hunting in packs, a venusaur, a feralligatr swimming, A tyrannitar blasting hyperbeam Godzilla style, then a zapdos catches fish and finally a rhyhorn breaks the screen.

The Title fades in Pokemon Alive

Pokemon Alive....Only on Discovery Channel

Just kidding! Which director in the right mind would make a documentary of Pokemon

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well, I sure would. There's an entire book about the Pokémon craze (even though they dismissed it as a fad that was already over when even the most casual fan can tell you otherwise...)

Also, what the heck is this doing here?

It's possible that the Discovery Channel or a similar channel could cover Pokemon or anime in general. I remember flipping through channels and seeing something about comics on the History Channel.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
that would be fun. As seen in "Tracy Gets Bugged", Scyther do travel in packs, but do Scizor? Find out on "Pokemon Alive!"

SEGA

WTF?
Flygonzilla said:
one thing I don't get. why wouldn't pokémon be found in Saudi Arabia? or was it just random?

I think its because the games are banned there.Anyways, that would be a very Interesting Documentary.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
FlamingRuby said:
Now THAT would be a cool show!

It would probably feature a live Ash, Misty and Brock too!

IF (and thats a big if) this did happen, I hope they wouldn't do it like that. It should be really a documentary style.

Like that dragon program that was on Ch4 a while back. The one where they found a dragon skeleton adn they proved that everything about dragons could have been real (them flying, breathing fire etc)

Blackcat88

Trippy.....
it would be interesting, but i hope they would take it seriously. you know, like at least open with the question "we all know its a game, but what if such creatures evolved on our planet? is it possible?" they were able to be serious with the dragon program, so i think they might be able to do the same with a video game.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
technically, Pokemon like Caterpie do exist. It's just that... they're 100 times smaller...

~Ψ_Madame_Leota_Ψ~

Charming Ghostess
Something like this IS possible. Recently, Animal Planet aired, "Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real", and more recently on Discovery Channel, "Alien Planet", (they both ROCKED!).

It would be interesting to see one of the "Discovery" networks like Animal Planet or Discovery itself to do some kind of documentary at least INVOLVING Pokemon. A recent series which has come out on Animal Planet is "Animal Icons" which explores the use of animals in Pop culture in a particular way. There have already been specials on animals in cartoons, Godzilla, Garfeild, Dinosaurs, Star Wars, Political Animals and the movie JAWS, and I think Pokemon would be fair game, considering they chose to focus on Godzilla.

I remember some nature documentary which was all about parasites mentioning the appearance of some insect parasites "looking like pokemon characters", but that's all the mention that pokemon gets by Discovery *shakes fist*.

If 'ya don't mind, here's my idea of the Promo/Teaser;

For years, they're captivated the hearts of children . . .
*Archival footage of Pikachu from anime*

They are the center of a worldwide phenomena . . .
*Shots of Pokemon Center stores and Poke Park*

But what if . . .
*Mysterious shot of realistic CGI pokemon*
They were REAL?
*shot of realistic CGI pokemon (like Arcanine, Tyranitar, Houndoom etc.) roaring*

Coming June, 2006, we'll show you what the world would be like if Pokemon were real.
*Shots of Savannah, Jungle, and Ocean with CGI realistic Pokemon mixed in with real animals*
Would it be pleasant?
*Shot of cute, amiable CGI realistic pokemon (Jigglypuff, Pikachu etc.)
Or CHAOS??
*Shot of photorealistic CGI Mewtwo raging*

This summer, Animal Planet (or) Discovery Channel Invites you to CATCH
*breif shot of realistic CGI Sceptile*
THEM
*breif shot of realistic CGI Feraligatr*
ALL!
*shot of realistic CGI Charizard using flamethrower at camera*

*cuts to special logo "Pokemon World"*

With the advances in CGI animation that the Discovery networks have pioneered, it would be completely feasible to do a special like this. Whether or not the Discovery execs WANT to do this . . . that's a whole different matter.

The way [BOLD]I[/BOLD] envision this sort of thing playing out, is first, of course asking the question, stating that the Discovery Channel/Animal Planet team has worked for (insert amount of time) to produce this special and "bring pokemon to life". Then they would have interviews (in style of "Alien Planet") with experts in both biology and pop culture as to their initial impressions about what it would be like if Pokemon, in general, were real creatures. Then, logically, it would transition right into various scenarios in different habitats that would show how those ecosystems would operate if pokemon were real, this would go on for roughly 30 to 40 minutes. After this, would arise the question of the "natural born legendaries" (Zapdos, Entei, Rayquaza etc.) at what it would be like with THEM around and if their existance would be even possible (again, with 'expert' interview excerpts spliced in at relevant intervals). After about 20 to 30 minutes of that, it would come to my FAVORITE part . . . (you know what's coming, don't you?) they would then devote the final section before the ending to asking what is (in my mind) the ULTIMATE question . . . IS MEWTWO POSSIBLE? It would go into the whole bioengineering angle, the question if his unique characeristics (appearance, powers, intelligence, ability to 'speak') would remain unchanged if he were real, and if we'd be screwed if he were real. The following is a hypothetical bit of dialogue from that section;

Narrator: Now that we have answered the questions of whether pokemon could be real, and what our world would be like with them in it we must not ignore these same questions when considering . . . the ULTIMATE pokemon. Since the release of "GREEN" for Gameboy in Japan in 1995, Mewtwo has remained, unchallenged, the single most powerful AND mysterious of all pokemon. And since then, Mewtwo has been seen as everything from a daunting opponent *shots from games*, to an ultimate weapon *more shots from games*, to a devious villain *shots from MSB*, and even, most recently, a gallant hero *flattering shots from MR*. But would it be possible for this bio-engineered creature to exist? *realistic CGI Mewtwo stands on roof at night* And if he did, what would that mean for us? *closeup of CGI Mewtwo's face; shows lights of city reflecting off his eyes*

Then it would go into the "final impressions" section with more interviews, and then it would have a short little "behind the scenes special" (like how "Dragons:A fantasy Made Real" ended) while the credits roll in a side bar and then it would end.

I really wish they'd just hurry up and make something like this already . . .
::grumble, grumble::

T

Torrence

Basically there wiil be a lot of science like in 'Dragons' too I think Some Pokemon will not be starred because their anatomy is too fantasy to exist on Earth

S

Skitt3n

*squee!* Realistic Skitties! Although I tried photoshopping one once. It didn't really work. :-/

T

Torrence

For Fire breathing, I think It's one way of dispelling salt[sodium chloride]

For Charizard the tail flame is just a exhaust vent for chlorine, The flame glands is a eletrolysis of Sodium Chloride in Chlorine and Sodium. Sodium burn when exposed to air not to mention the hydrogen and methane in the gut of these creatures.

Fire Pokemom who do not have an exhaust on the tail expel chlorine by farting

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
I would expect Charizard's tail flame would be more of a sexual display. To attract other Charizards. Fire-breathing would be done via an exothermic reaction between two chemicals stored in seperate glands.

The trouble would arise with nonsensical Pokémon like Exeggcute or Wobbuffet. What about Pokémon which would die out almost instantaneously in a competitive, evolutionary environment? Spoink, anyone? (whose heart stops beating if it's unable to bounce. *shudders* (if I was one of those things, I would train to NO END in order to evolve ASAP...)) Mystical powers like ESP and spontaneous metamorphosis (evolution) would also pose problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.