• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anatomy

ReshiZek

I google'd the topic of Pokemon anatomy, and nothing came up, so I'll make a conversation. We'll just discuss and theorize Pokemon anatomy. You can ask questions or post diagrams you find. What I want to know is how Deoxys ;386; transforms.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
When exposed to radiation from fragments of the meteorite from whence it came.
It was originally a space virus which infected a pokemon it found, possibly a mew (which were abundant at the time) and learned to survive by adapting to its different situations.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
How bout how Giratina and Shaymin transform?

Deoxys Attack: The energy from the meteorite shifts Deoxys's cells to a sharp structure, thus, making its Attack stat higher.
Deoxys Defense: The energy shifts its cells so it creates a blunt, hard body, thus, making its Defense stat higher.
Deoxys Speed: Energy pushes cells and compresses the body so it can fly more easily, which ups its Speed stat.

That is Deoxys's anatomy changes.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Well, even though different pokemon are called species, a definition of a species means that it cannot breed outside its species, which pokemon can. So maybe pokemon are just like dogs, one species but tons of natural variation.

alfredo3001

Creaming in PAIN!
How bout how Giratina and Shaymin transform?

Deoxys Attack: The energy from the meteorite shifts Deoxys's cells to a sharp structure, thus, making its Attack stat higher.
Deoxys Defense: The energy shifts its cells so it creates a blunt, hard body, thus, making its Defense stat higher.
Deoxys Speed: Energy pushes cells and compresses the body so it can fly more easily, which ups its Speed stat.

That is Deoxys's anatomy changes.

Giratina Changes form due to the energy into the Griseous Orb and Shaymin transforms due to a species of special polen in the flower.

cantab

Well, even though different pokemon are called species, a definition of a species means that it cannot breed outside its species, which pokemon can. So maybe pokemon are just like dogs, one species but tons of natural variation.
This is, incidentally. the conclusion I reached - that Pokemon 'species' are in fact subspecies.

Pokemon abilities, including the processes of "evolution" and form changes, are essentially magic.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
This is, incidentally. the conclusion I reached - that Pokemon 'species' are in fact subspecies.

Pokemon abilities, including the processes of "evolution" and form changes, are essentially magic.

Form changes = magic
Evolution = Spontaneous Metamorphosis

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
What gets me is: how they re-animate fossils in the games/anime?

paxromana

Goin to camp 7/3-7/9
What would allow a pokémon to generate incredibly large voltages of electricity and propel them in a controlled, discernable stream towards another?

Fire makes sense, since that merely involves production and propulsion of a combustible fluid ignited by something else, such as another fluid that immediately reacts with first fluid, creating an exothermic reaction that allows the first fluid to react with air on its own

Flame Mistress

How Pokemon breed... Especially Skitty and Wailord...

Also, how blasts of electricity/leaves/water/fire/ball/who knows what emerge from one tiny creature called Mew.

alfredo3001

Creaming in PAIN!
Also, how blasts of electricity/leaves/water/fire/ball/who knows what emerge from one tiny creature called Mew.

Mew is said to have the the DNA of all pokemon.The DNA haves an especial part that is the same in all pokemon,wich makes them learn the moves they can do without getting out of energy.Mew,being a very active Pokemon,haves enought energy to create all of them,However,the biggest ones takes more energy so the trainers need to have care so they created PP for every atack so when an attack runs out of PP,its not that they cant use it anymore,their Trainers are not allowed to use them again until the pokemon restores energy.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
How a Pokemon evolves:
As the Pokemon levels up, a list of stat changes are shown.
What you don't see is the cell population growth of the Pokemon as it levels up. However, the cells are being compressed up to a certain level.
When a Pokemon evolves, that limit for cell population compression is broken, thus creating a MASSIVE overgrowth of, well, growth.
When you deny its evolution, it will kill some of the cells that are compressed, thus keeping the limit of cell population intact.
For Pokemon who can't evolve, it may be because they have no limit of cell population growth, or maybe because their bodies have their own 'population control' mechanism.
For traded evolution, the mind is the key. The organism needs to have twice the control. This is why when you trade, it evolves.
Some Pokemon have the instinct of holding a special item they are connected to whilst gaining another source of control. That is why a Seadra will evolve when it holds a King's Rock and is traded.
Stones are really confusing, but there is a simple hypothesis to it.
There is a mental barrier for cell growth. When a Pokemon is holding the stone that enables it to evolve, the energy from that stone 'breaks the seal' and causes the overgrowth.
Mental barriers also apply to friendship evolutions. A tight bond with a trainer and the Pokemon breaks that mental barrier and creates the overgrowth.
Environmental energy around the Pokemon can create the overgrowth.
Pokemon that evolve from knowing a move are easy to explain. When a Pokemon uses a certain move, it creates an increase of cell growth, allowing the overgrowth to occur.

Here are reasons to how a Pokemon evolves.

The PokeKnight

Valiant Fighter
In my opinion regarding fossils, the reanimation thing doesn't make sense as the pokemon probably decomposed after all those years, it makes more sense if it was more of a strange cloning process, using various bits of DNA gathered from specimen of each species and trying to make the pokemon whole again though this is impractical and maybe impossible. The only other explanation is that in pokemon the definition of "fossil" is really more like suspended animation, thus validating the reanimation theory, either way its bizarre logic.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
More importantly, how do they create something out of nothing? For example, picture a Charizard releasing a Flamethrower; this violates the laws of conservation and any existing physical laws. Don't you think it's over the head to think about Pokemon anatomy, when the majority of circumstances cannot be explained by natural phenomena?

Zachmac

In my opinion regarding fossils, the reanimation thing doesn't make sense as the pokemon probably decomposed after all those years, it makes more sense if it was more of a strange cloning process, using various bits of DNA gathered from specimen of each species and trying to make the pokemon whole again though this is impractical and maybe impossible. The only other explanation is that in pokemon the definition of "fossil" is really more like suspended animation, thus validating the reanimation theory, either way its bizarre logic.
They are all rock types. I think that is because they are just fossils given new bodies, as fossils are rocks.
More importantly, how do they create something out of nothing? For example, picture a Charizard releasing a Flamethrower; this violates the laws of conservation and any existing physical laws. Don't you think it's over the head to think about Pokemon anatomy, when the majority of circumstances cannot be explained by natural phenomena?
All pokemon have some ways(Legendaries are usually magic). Houndoom, for example, has flammable gases inside it's stomach.