• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anatomy

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
More importantly, how do they create something out of nothing? For example, picture a Charizard releasing a Flamethrower; this violates the laws of conservation and any existing physical laws. Don't you think it's over the head to think about Pokemon anatomy, when the majority of circumstances cannot be explained by natural phenomena?

I remember watching the TV special "Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real" on the Discover Channel a very long time ago and they theoretically had a way for dragons to breathe fire.

They stated that dragons had gas bladders that filled with hydrogen (I think it was hydrogen) that was naturally produced by their stomachs. While it could help them fly, it was also helped them breathe fire. To accomplish this dragons regularly fed upon combustible minerals (I think they said platinum was the mineral of choice.) At will dragons could compress and expel the hydrogen from their gas bladders through their mouths via a special tube near their tongue. When the gas to air to platinum ratio hit the right levels it spontaneously combusted.

That can kind of explain Charizards situation, but I don't know about other Pokemon. I'll chalk that one up to magic.

Last edited:

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
How do pokemon sexually reproduce without any visible genitalia?
Lots of real-life animals have nothing visible, but rather it is on the inside of their body. Obviously, Pokemon are the same.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
More importantly, how do they create something out of nothing? For example, picture a Charizard releasing a Flamethrower; this violates the laws of conservation and any existing physical laws. Don't you think it's over the head to think about Pokemon anatomy, when the majority of circumstances cannot be explained by natural phenomena?

You should see the movie: Tremors 3.
The monsters have two organs containg two different substances. When the substances mix, ignition is created.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
Chinese scientists have succeeded in cloning Panda bears.
Western scientists have successfully cloned a mammoth, and sheep have already been cloned too. Although human cloning is banned by the ICHR we do create artificial embryos for infertile couples. The fact that all fossils are rock type is in itself explainable by the fact that the transformation may have been only partially successful.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Chinese scientists have succeeded in cloning Panda bears.
Western scientists have successfully cloned a mammoth, and sheep have already been cloned too. Although human cloning is banned by the ICHR we do create artificial embryos for infertile couples. The fact that all fossils are rock type is in itself explainable by the fact that the transformation may have been only partially successful.

I'd hate a human clone of me.
But for the President and other world leaders, that could be okay.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Breeding is the only thing that brings curiosity to anatomy. Imagine if you breeding something like Paras and Steelix.

ChaosEsper

For the evolutionary stones it could be that when you "use" it on the poke you're grinding it up and feeding it to it and each stone is some sort of catalyst for metabolic changes in the poke's physiology.

The reproduction could be explained by pokes being external fertilizers. It would be fairly abnormal since most(if not all) creatures irl that use external fert are also mass spawners and poke seem to have litters of 1 egg (unless the daycare couple are hoarding all the rest...).

While on the subject of reproduction breeding via dittos might be explained by the ditto producing whichever gamete isn't given by the partner and possibly something in ditto's gamete reacts to the presence of the partner's gamete and copies it, but not exactly resulting in an offspring of the same spp/subspp as the partner but not a direct clone.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
For the evolutionary stones it could be that when you "use" it on the poke you're grinding it up and feeding it to it and each stone is some sort of catalyst for metabolic changes in the poke's physiology.

The reproduction could be explained by pokes being external fertilizers. It would be fairly abnormal since most(if not all) creatures irl that use external fert are also mass spawners and poke seem to have litters of 1 egg (unless the daycare couple are hoarding all the rest...).

While on the subject of reproduction breeding via dittos might be explained by the ditto producing whichever gamete isn't given by the partner and possibly something in ditto's gamete reacts to the presence of the partner's gamete and copies it, but not exactly resulting in an offspring of the same spp/subspp as the partner but not a direct clone.

OR all pokemon are actually Mushoroark and the ones that can fly (pidove, flygon...) are hacked mushoroarks that learn fly.
And flying Pikachu is a glitch, made when a hacked Mushoroark meets a Missigno (the only pokemon that is not a Mushoroark).
Also, when Missigno evolves into Kangashan, its becoming a Mushoroark.

And this is all a scheme by Ghetis to spy on N , because the only things he had with him in his castle were pokemon, and the Mushoroarks were actually paid by the Shadow Trio to spy onN so that they could tell Ghetis and get all the credit.

But the Shadow Trio are actually the evolved forms of Missigno, and are Mushoroarks that learn Shadow Force and Teleport (and water gun and Sky Attack).

Oh and also N is a girl and all of the seven sages are mushoroarks. And all Plasma Grunts are Mushoruas.

My finger hurts now.

Zibdas

not bad
OR all pokemon are actually Mushoroark and the ones that can fly (pidove, flygon...) are hacked mushoroarks that learn fly.
And flying Pikachu is a glitch, made when a hacked Mushoroark meets a Missigno (the only pokemon that is not a Mushoroark).
Also, when Missigno evolves into Kangashan, its becoming a Mushoroark.

And this is all a scheme by Ghetis to spy on N , because the only things he had with him in his castle were pokemon, and the Mushoroarks were actually paid by the Shadow Trio to spy onN so that they could tell Ghetis and get all the credit.

But the Shadow Trio are actually the evolved forms of Missigno, and are Mushoroarks that learn Shadow Force and Teleport (and water gun and Sky Attack).

Oh and also N is a girl and all of the seven sages are mushoroarks. And all Plasma Grunts are Mushoruas.

My finger hurts now.

Mushoruas? Genious!

But no where near as frightening.

Toucan96

Hoenn Obsession
I want to know how Pelliper lives. It's mouth takes up it's entire front body, and it's wings are way too small to make tha thing fly.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I want to know how Pelliper lives. It's mouth takes up it's entire front body, and it's wings are way too small to make tha thing fly.

It skims the waves, so it only goes a little at a time.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
What gets me is: how they re-animate fossils in the games/anime?

It's kind of like cloning, they extract the DNA from the fossils and use them to make the copy of the original.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Here are some theories about it...

Pokemon evolution-The evolution term seems a misnomer,and that it's more growth or metamorphis than actual evolution.When your Pokemon evolves,I believe its simply a sped-up version of the growth process.Pokemon can ''evolve'' in two ways-growth over time,or becoming stronger.Things like evolutionary stones are an alternative to waiting for the Pokemon to evolve,and a similar principle applies to item trading.For example,Steelix can be found in the wild.This is due to these Steelix being old enough for the rock in their body to be compressed into steel.The Iron Coat simply speeds up the process

Pokemon restoration-My theory on why all fossil Pokemon are Rock types is that only these hardy Pokemon managed to have preserved DNA for you to clone

Pokemon typing-Types like Water,Fighting,Dark,Normal,Poison and Bug are easy to explain.With Grass types,I envision that most of them are in a symbiotic relationship with a plant.Fire types would mix chemicals together,to generate fire.Their insides would be fire retardant.Steel and Rock types that have gender would be wearing a coat of steel or rock,as a method of defense.Ghost types would have a light body structure,and would be similar in principle to jellyfish

Pokemon reproduction-It's something utterly alien from what we know.You'd see all different sorts of ''organs'',a lot of external fertilization and other mind-bending stuff you only see in weird animals.Undefined Pokemon genders would either be unknown genders,asexual reproduction,or reproduction far more bizarre from what we know

Professor Poke

Pokemon are pure magic. There's nothing inside them. Sure they eat food in the anime, but where does it go? It just disappears a few minutes later like nothing happened.

It also explains how pokeballs can only catch pokemon and inanimate objects, and not people. The same as how none of them ever dies regardless of how powerful the attack is used against them.

Last edited:

taylorgang

Paper Planes
I just don't understand how such a large Pokemon can fit into such a small Pokeball.