• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anatomy

Mevejuma

Lucario. I doubt Jirachi has any teeth to fill with iron.

Actually, Jirachi has quite nice dentures.

As this picture shows Lucario has metal spikes protruding from it's body on it's torso and paws/hands, which heavily suggests that it has a metal skeleton, it wouldn't just turn from bone into steel.

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
ok, i have a new question: how do you think the evolution of a pokemon is brought about? and why do different pokemon evolve at different levels?

Zibdas

not bad
Actually, Jirachi has quite nice dentures.

As this picture shows Lucario has metal spikes protruding from it's body on it's torso and paws/hands, which heavily suggests that it has a metal skeleton, it wouldn't just turn from bone into steel.

I, frankly, don't see any reason that the spikes should naturally be aassumed to be metal. Perhaps they're bone? Cartilage? Some other substance?

Mevejuma

ok, i have a new question: how do you think the evolution of a pokemon is brought about? and why do different pokemon evolve at different levels?

Hmmm...as we know, evolution is to do with battle experience. During battle, the 'fight or flight response' would be initiated within the pokemon. This is caused by the sympathetic nervous system, and releases the neurotransmitter called 'noradrenaline'. Perhaps the noradrenaline works as an activator for a particular operon in the body. An operon basically controls certain protein productions, by allowing genes to be switched on or off. A repressor would be binded to the operon, which means that certain proteins cannot be produced (so the gene is "off"), and the job of the noradrenaline - in my theory - would be to bind to this repressor, so that it is removed. This allows the proteins - or structural genes - on the operon to be produced (so the gene is "on"), and it could perhaps be these proteins that trigger evolution, as they would be proteins that control the development of the body plan of the pokemon - the body plan being the general structure of an organism, and how they are arranged.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Hmmm...as we know, evolution is to do with battle experience. During battle, the 'fight or flight response' would be initiated within the pokemon. This is caused by the sympathetic nervous system, and releases the neurotransmitter called 'noradrenaline'. Perhaps the noradrenaline works as an activator for a particular operon in the body. An operon basically controls certain protein productions, by allowing genes to be switched on or off. A repressor would be binded to the operon, which means that certain proteins cannot be produced (so the gene is "off"), and what the job of the noradrenaline - in my theory - would be to bind to this repressor, so that it is removed. This allows the proteins - or structural genes - on the operon to be produced (so the gene is "on"), and it could perhaps be these proteins that trigger evolution, as they would be proteins that control the development of the body plan of the pokemon - the body plan being the general structure of an organism, and how they are arranged.
tl;dr version: strong = evolve

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
Hmmm...as we know, evolution is to do with battle experience. During battle, the 'fight or flight response' would be initiated within the pokemon. This is caused by the sympathetic nervous system, and releases the neurotransmitter called 'noradrenaline'. Perhaps the noradrenaline works as an activator for a particular operon in the body. An operon basically controls certain protein productions, by allowing genes to be switched on or off. A repressor would be binded to the operon, which means that certain proteins cannot be produced (so the gene is "off"), and what the job of the noradrenaline - in my theory - would be to bind to this repressor, so that it is removed. This allows the proteins - or structural genes - on the operon to be produced (so the gene is "on"), and it could perhaps be these proteins that trigger evolution, as they would be proteins that control the development of the body plan of the pokemon - the body plan being the general structure of an organism, and how they are arranged.

so ur sayin that the action of the noradrenaline is to induce a structural change in the dna sequence, to ultimately change the whole body structure?? hmmm, sounds good that, thanks!

Mevejuma

I, frankly, don't see any reason that the spikes should naturally be aassumed to be metal. Perhaps they're bone? Cartilage? Some other substance?

While this is true, and a possibility, it is only because Lucario is a steel type that the metal skeleton theory is assumed, because it explains what we already know. If we were presented with Lucario, not knowing what type it was, then yes, we could speculate that the spikes are bone, cartilage or something else.

Edit:

menonabhi123 said:
so ur sayin that the action of the noradrenaline is to induce a structural change in the dna sequence, to ultimately change the whole body structure?? hmmm, sounds good that, thanks!

Not exactly. The DNA sequence isn't changed, think about it, you and I have grown since birth, but our DNA remains more or less constant, perhaps with a mutation or two, but that's another thing entirely. The noradrenaline is allowing production of proteins that are normally repressed, and these proteins could cause spurts in growth, and a change in the body plan that results in larger, different looking forms.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
I can't understand a word you people are saying...
Hypnocat, help!
=@-@=

EDIT: It must be hard for a Lucario to get thrugh airport security...

Mevejuma

I can't understand a word you people are saying...
Hypnocat, help!
=@-@=

EDIT: It must be hard for a Lucario to get thrugh airport security...

Sorry, I'm taking A2 Biology, so this kinda helped with revision for one of my topics ;) YES PEOPLE, POKEMON JUST HELPED ME WITH MY REVISION!!! If you want me to explain anything, I shall try my best, just ask about whatever you find confusing.

Zibdas

not bad
Sorry, I'm taking A2 Biology, so this kinda helped with revision for one of my topics ;) YES PEOPLE, POKEMON JUST HELPED ME WITH MY REVISION!!! If you want me to explain anything, I shall try my best, just ask about whatever you find confusing.

Can you explain the evolution thing in stupid personspeak?

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.

umm..ok here goes: a hormone is a substance secreted by the body, and performs certain actions by acting on the cell, which is basic structure of life.....so when this noradrenaline acts on the dna, which is responsible for the structure of the pokemon, the change in the dna brings about a change in pokemon structure and pokemon evolves VOILA!

Mevejuma

The hormones released when you're exposed to danger trigger the production of proteins that alter the body shape and structure. That's my take on it anyway.

menonabhi123 said:
umm..ok here goes: a hormone is a substance secreted by the body, and performs certain actions by acting on the cell, which is basic structure of life.....so when this noradrenaline acts on the dna, which is responsible for the structure of the pokemon, the change in the dna brings about a change in pokemon structure and pokemon evolves VOILA!

The DNA isn't changed, it's just a section of it that was repressed and not allowed to express itself now can.

Zibdas

not bad
The hormones released when you're exposed to danger trigger the production of proteins that alter the body shape and structure. That's my take on it anyway.

Oooohh...
*feels stupid*

Zibdas

not bad
Nah, don't feel stupid :) I was using terminology and logic that 17-18 year old Biology students study, it took a lot for us to take it all in the first time.

Alright. So why is Jirachi Steel type then?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Even though it has two giant cannons on its back, which are clearly made of some sort of metal..... Why was Blastoise never catagorized as a steel type as well during gen 2 and so on???????
;009;

Despite the color, it's possible they are bone or shell, isn't it?

While Snubble is a fiberglass pink mess and it's still steel type

I think on the stones, the radiation is supposed to be what many would call a type of magic, mystical crystal energy to be exact. For example there really are stones called sunstones, and some people believe them to have a special energy.

I should make some antomical sketches... that'd be fun...

Last edited:

Mevejuma

Despite the color, it's possible they are bone or shell, isn't it?

While Snubble is a fiberglass pink mess and it's still steel type

I think on the stones, the radiation is supposed to be what many would call a type of magic, mystical crystal energy to be exact. For example there really are stones called sunstones, and some people believe them to have a special energy.

I should make some antomical sketches... that'd be fun...

I'd quite like to see those sketches, I remember someone posted one of Bulbasaur earlier in the thread, and it was interesting to see. Let me know if you do sketch any out, I'd very much like to see them.
Here's a question, what is it that causes Solrock and Lunatone to levitate? They don't have wings, or jet propulsion or anything, so what's the deal?

JynxMidnight

IV Breeder
Here's a question, what is it that causes Solrock and Lunatone to levitate? They don't have wings, or jet propulsion or anything, so what's the deal?

Perhaps something relating to the magnetic field of the earth, maybe they repel against it with some sort of field of their own.

EDIT: That or... psychic power