• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Anatomy

Shadevolt

I'd quite like to see those sketches, I remember someone posted one of Bulbasaur earlier in the thread, and it was interesting to see. Let me know if you do sketch any out, I'd very much like to see them.
Here's a question, what is it that causes Solrock and Lunatone to levitate? They don't have wings, or jet propulsion or anything, so what's the deal?

A simple explanation would be that it is connected to their typing as Psychic. As shown with the Abra line, Psychic types have levitating properties. Not to mention both of those Pokemon have the ability Levitate.

Mevejuma

Perhaps something relating to the magnetic field of the earth, maybe they repel against it with some sort of field of their own.

EDIT: That or... psychic power

It would be to do with the gravitational field of the earth, not the magnetic field. And gravity cannot ever be repulsive or repelled, it only attracts. Hooray for A2 Physics!! So your psychic power answer is the most logical here, surprisingly. But then that leads to the obvious question - how do psychic pokemon create and utilise their powers?

Edit:

Shadevolt said:
A simple explanation would be that it is connected to their typing as Psychic. As shown with the Abra line, Psychic types have levitating properties. Not to mention both of those Pokemon have the ability Levitate.

I just asked the question about psychic types, hehe. But then the whole point of this thread is not to say, "it's ability is levitate", we need to biologically and anatomically explain why they can levitate. I open that one up to you all now.

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Mevejuma, how do magnet Probopass' mini Noses work?

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Unlucky Pokemon anatomies.

Some Pokemon are just unlucky, anatomy wise. What are your thoughts on unlucky Pokemon anatomies?
Personally, I feel sorry for Scyther. Poor thing can't pick anything up...
:(

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Haha lol Munchlax has an eating disorder and Camerupt has volcanoes on it's back! It must erupt when it gets aroused...

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
What happened with my thread?

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Doesn't matter...

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
How do water pokemon manage to use attacks like water gun seemingly indefinitely? Do they have a giant reservoir of water inside their stomach? If so, why aren't they all as big as Wailord?

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
How do water pokemon manage to use attacks like water gun seemingly indefinitely? Do they have a giant reservoir of water inside their stomach? If so, why aren't they all as big as Wailord?

Perhaps they take in moisture from the air and absorb it?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
When you smile you use 17 muscles. And of course there's the muscle contraction and electric pulse to do so. That is why Stunfisk smiles while emitting electricity.

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.

Mevejuma

It could perhaps be that they're continuously reacting together elements within their body to create water. Be it Hydrogen and Oxygen, or a Hydroxide (OH) group with Hydrogen. Or maybe they respire at a greater rate. The equation for respiration (in words) is: Glucose + Oxygen --> Carbon Dioxide + Water + Energy. In this manner, the water produced could be expelled from the body by the contraction of muscles, the energy produced being used to contract the muscles. Of course, this would mean an EXTREMELY high rate of respiration, but it's just a thought.