• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pokemon and "black" people

Have you noticed that its only one family in pokemon being "black"?
Its like Brocks family (And im not sure, but i think Spencer too)
Whats with that does stoshi and Sugimori h8 thenot white?

Same is it for digimon its been 5 season and NEVER a single "black" guy
Whats happening too the world?

once in a blue Mew

ITS DAT TEOU-TEOU
Have you noticed that its only one family in pokemon being "black"?
Its like Brocks family (And im not sure, but i think Spencer too)
Whats with that does stoshi and Sugimori h8 thenot white?

Same is it for digimon its been 5 season and NEVER a single "black" guy
Whats happening too the world?

Everyone likes White Europeans!

My guess, that Japan has almost no black people, so maybe that's why? Or... no... wait! I have a better one, they don't buy brown markers, and their comps don't have the right shade of brown to make a black person!

Seriously, I dunno, ask the writers.

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Yep. I noticed. I made a comic series where there is a black guy... lolz, it took forever to get skin tones for his sprites!

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
Ahem.... I am an indian...and I gotta say... Its not exactly a topic to discuss about....

My guess is they're japanese games and cartoons so

with the lack of black people there, I suppose it's just not something they think about

if pokemon were european, there's be a half black half white ratio and youd be bale to choose the exact race your sprite belonged to even if it were from some small south pacific island

O___O

Lord Rahl

ha ha I remember there being a digimon that was a monkey that through poo around and talked black

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Japanese are racist. JK

Besides, there is every other race. Indian, Chinese, American, Swedish, even friggin Mexican! (I am cuban and that is the closest they've had). I think we are overdue for some african Americans.

The closet thing to a black person in the Pokemon world would be Phoebe of the Hoenn Elite Four -- I personally like to think that she has her origins in somewhere the South Pacific or something like that :D
Brock doesn't strike me as 'black', if we're talking about American ethnic groups he could be Hispanic or Latin American, if we're talking Japanese enthnic he could still be Latin American, when you consider Asian Latinos, or maybe he's Filipino, Ainu, or one of many Japanese Minorities

Last edited:

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Brock isn't Latin. He is darkish.

Pheobe is Hawaiin

And spencer what is he?

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Who? Spencer? I don't recall....Spencer...spencer...Nope, not ringing a bell.

That old battle frontier dude

once in a blue Mew

ITS DAT TEOU-TEOU
Ahem.... I am an indian...and I gotta say... Its not exactly a topic to discuss about....

I'm a Mexican. I'd like to see some Mexicans in-game

My guess is they're japanese games and cartoons so

with the lack of black people there, I suppose it's just not something they think about

if pokemon were european, there's be a half black half white ratio and youd be bale to choose the exact race your sprite belonged to even if it were from some small south pacific island

O___O

Yeah, O.O at the SSPI.

ha ha I remember there being a digimon that was a monkey that through poo around and talked black

And this helps the thread how?...

Japanese are racist. JK

Besides, there is every other race. Indian, Chinese, American, Swedish, even friggin Mexican! (I am cuban and that is the closest they've had). I think we are overdue for some african Americans.

o_O

Exuse moi? "Friggin Mexican"?!

So then... I have nothing else to say aside from comment on your posts... spam maybe?

I thought brock was supposed to be Japanese? I thought that was how they draw Japanese people in anime, with eyes like that?

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Still not ringing a bell.

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Is it the guy from the battle dome?

Spenser -- well, taking into account his style of dress and the design of the Battle Palace, I'm taking a stab and saying South-East Asian, like Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam or Cambodia

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Oh, him. Yes, Thai most likely. Perhaps Indian.