• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon and eating...

Skyeye Blaze

If in the pokemon world, the pokemon replace all other animals, how do the humans eat any meat? Because if they did, they would have to kill a pokemon and then cook it...

Any thoughts?

Amonitas

Well what hasn't been done before?

jellsprout

Pokémon haven't replaced all other animals. Regular animals still exist in the Pokémon world.
Pokémon are eaten by both humans and eachother.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
In the Pokemon world, animals still exist. Thus, people can still eat them. There are episodes showing real fish, birds, etc., so there's no question that they still exist.

Kim62

Hello
Who ever said Pokemon replaced animals?

Besides, what do people find so fasinating about eating Pokemon?

Moonbeam 587

Ditto Trainer
Yuuummmm... Fried ditto. Might get the grill a little gooey. :p (I know I am disgusting) How could you cook a ditto even if it were real? Wouldn't it just bubble over?

Moonbeam 587

Ditto Trainer
I thought since I reached my thing of 20 posts I might as well change my avatar. And no my name does not start with K. It starts with L. (I know random) I just want to get my post number up high!

No. 1 Machop Fan

Farfetch'd was nearly driven into extinction because people thought it made a great meal when served with leeks.

Calvan

EXPLOSION!!!
I see them eating Tauros. As well as the afformentioned Farfetch'd.
Pidgeot is stated to Eat Magikarp
Ekans eats Pidgey and Spearow eggs.

Calvan

EXPLOSION!!!
oowww...nice.... id love to eat tauros steack... xD

And the Inuit tribes of northen Sinnoh hunt wailord in the deep sea.

Calvan

EXPLOSION!!!
Mmmm... Miltank burger. Who wouldn't want to try one?

Indeed.

As far as cooking Ditto.
it would probably turn into what ever you were trying to put it down with.
And out you down.

Ksi

Multi-Type Trainer
They probably get their meat imported from non-pokemon countries such as the U.S.

*Drinkspit and laugh!*

What a concept!

Except for the fact that the only reason those appeared what because they had few Pokemon equivalents back in the day that could be considered edible.

aquaarmor23

<3 Breloom.
Doesn`t sneasel steal other eggs?
The platinum dex entry says a pair will steal eggs.
Doesn`t say what pokemon's eggs though...

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
I believe one episode a long time ago has Brock saying as an aside that he thinks magikarp make deliscious meals. Then the gang gets attacked by Team Rocket before they have a chance to react to Brock's statement.