• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon and the future generation

I really don't know how to answer to this thread. But I guess I would give him or her the older Gens first then work the way up the chronological ladder.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
I really don't know how to answer to this thread. But I guess I would give him or her the older Gens first then work the way up the chronological ladder.

I would give them the newest gen so they can play with their friends and have new pokemon they see in the anime

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
If I get to have a child I would introduce him/her to Pokemon by giving them my Pokemon plushies and my first copy of Pokemon Firered with my gameboy advance ^_^

craigprime

X&Y Supporter
Assuming my future wife would allow them, I would give my kid Red, then myself Blue. Then I would have daily sessions with my son/daughter to play them together, racing each other to different points in the game. After we both beat it, I'll skip all the other games go straight for the most recently released one. Then we would race each other in that too.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
1. Explain the concept.

2. Demonstrate.

3. Explain each game.

4. Ask for decision.

5. Buy and give game.

6. Watch the fire ignite.

Provided that Pokémon is hardy enough to stay above water for 15+ years from now, of course.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I was going to introduce them to the anime, I did this with my nephew and he can't stop watching it. Then I will give one of my kids pokemon yellow and go up from there.

I don't plan on having kids but if I somehow manage to get one, I'll let them start at an early age so they won't dislike it. Probably at 6 or 7. Assuming the merchandise keeps going, there will probably be 10-11 generations so I'll let them start on Generation 10 or 11 to keep them up-to-date. They can go play the previous games while they wait for the next generation to come out.

When I see if they are old enough to understand it, I'll show then the different regions and all of the pokemon. Then ask them who is their 6 favorite by looks, then explain types, stats, moves, etc. And then they should be able to play for themselves