• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon and You

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!
Due to a recent thread made here...I felt compelled to make this.
What are some of the most idiotic and pointless statements have you herd or seen people say/post about pokemon?
Also please tell us if you found any that are actually valid and actually aren't trollish piles of ;078; poo.
;141; <-Stupidity Powers go!

Last edited:

Dark Eevee

I've heard alot of people going on and on about how they think pokemon is the work of the devil. I mean come on. I'm a Christian and have never thought that.

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
I've people say that pokemon is dying and nobody 'cept children play it anymore. Well when the day when any main pkmn rpg isn't in the 5 games for its system, I might fathom that thought. God of War has nothing on the second biggest videogame franchise ever.

Dark Eevee

Another thing that they think it's going to encourage violence.
If they think that then they don't watch tv.
icarly is more violent.

Froggle

Lolipop Girl
I've people say that pokemon is dying and nobody 'cept children play it anymore. Well when the day when any main pkmn rpg isn't in the 5 games for its system, I might fathom that thought. God of War has nothing on the second biggest videogame franchise ever.

What amuses me is that more teenagers and adults play it now than little kids XD Well, that's not true, but way more teens and adults play it than before, and they play it far more seriously then kids.

What I find really dumb is when people say that certain pokemon are racist. Really? You think the creators of a CHILDREN'S game that promotes friendship, and bonds between animals and humans (no, it really does), and the power of good, and not polluting, and all that junk would base a Pokemon off of something racist? XD *Coughjynxcough*

I also laugh when people say that Pokemon and Digimon are essentially the same. The only real similarities are the evolution (which is very different between Digimon and Pokemon), the fact that they feature made-up animals, the fact that they're geared towards kids and that the names end in 'mon'.

Also: "I would die for my Eevee! I care about her more than anything in the world! She's my best friend! I cuddle her and brush her every night!!" XD when you start saying things like that, tis time to get help.

Last edited:

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Stupid statements about Pokemon...

"If you're not willing to IV breed you may as well be playing something else."

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!
What amuses me is that more teenagers and adults play it now than little kids XD Well, that's not true, but way more teens and adults play it than before, and they play it far more seriously then kids.

What I find really dumb is when people say that certain pokemon are racist. Really? You think the creators of a CHILDREN'S game that promotes friendship, and bonds between animals and humans (no, it really does), and the power of good, and not polluting, and all that junk would base a Pokemon off of something racist? XD *Coughjynxcough*

I also laugh when people say that Pokemon and Digimon are essentially the same. The only real similarities are the evolution (which is very different between Digimon and Pokemon), the fact that they feature made-up animals, the fact that they're geared towards kids and that the names end in 'mon'.

Also: "I would die for my Eevee! I care about her more than anything in the world! She's my best friend! I cuddle her and brush her every night!!" XD when you start saying things like that, tis time to get help.

(o.o)
Well send the men in white for you....
also
By Moron:
POkemans is 4 teh bbbys!

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
I heard pokemon cards are related to satan

I tried to summon him with a pentagram made of them...

Things like this make me lol

The competitive trainers who think "Pokemon is serious business" and waste hours EV training make me lol too.

Oh and: "Pogeymans iz 4 teh bbys"

Sohashi

this might not be so new, but pokemon has actually been banned from certain religions XD also

"pokemon sucks! its just for kids with no life! God" as said by a person at my school *the weird kid with pretty much no friends, not so slim, and not the best smelling person*. Personaly, i like pokemon a lot and sometimes see episodes, but that does not make me childish. Spongebob is a kids show and it is one of the top ten shows watched in america (pretty sure) watched mostly by 7 - 23 year olds! (note* sources were online, so it may be lying)

Flare64

Proud Gen III Fan
Kadabra got messed up by a certain person.

Yuri Geller got offended because Kadabra is holding a spoon. He claimed he could bend spoon with his mind and move things telepathically. He was a big ol' fraud though ;P It's a cool nickname for my Kadabra in Emerald though.

Is it true Pedophiles used Pokemon cards to rape and assault young kids? Or is that just media?

Fataal

Lone Archetype
I hate the whole Jynx is racist thing, I'm an african-american and the first time I saw Jynx I was more like ooh psychic/ice type I hate Loreli. And reallythe entire religious movement against evolution and pokemon should be more directed towards schools and the dreaded biology class.

POKEMANZ IS TEH EVAL THINGS.

That and seeing pokemon. Seriously, if you're seeing pokemon, you need to lay off of whatever you're smoking.

Technically, Taillow look almost exactly like what they're based off of (barn swallows), so that's one "Pokemon" you wouldn't need to smoke to see.

But yeah, that's besides the point. xD

WALL•E

"so i herd u liek mudkipz..."
Dunno where this came from, but it sounds cool lol
Pretty popular meme.